Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #5 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is interesting - how does a 31 year old with a weather degree know the importance of encrypted messaging applications??? I wonder if the FBI has broken these messages and if they have this information already and when will it be provided to the defense? I have long thought this was not his first attempt at getting a child IMO
End-to-end encryption is standard nowadays. I use it and many of my friends do. You don’t have to be involved in criminal activities to use it, it’s more a privacy issue. FB messenger does have an encryption option but it has to be turned on manually, plus they are under a lot of pressure from the FBI because of MS-13 investigations, so I wouldn’t consider FB messenger or WhatsApp (now belongs to FB) secure from an IT point of view.

That is a good thought - I guess I got hung up on the words (show) - it wouldn't be prudent for them to hold back if they did have another video - I do wonder what the photos were of though. Maybe just pictures of RP so LE would know who to arrest? Seems a little naive but exactly what an older person would perhaps say to a younger child - get me a picture of him - and she grabs a picture when she leaves the house? JMO

BR might have asked SLP for pictures to 'prove' who she was. IMO this could be even as bad as videos. Ugh.

SBM
I really wish you would stop saying this. I have already directed you to a link showing you it is incorrect. You are spreading misinformation about sex trafficking, and creating false perceptions about what it means. This makes it more difficult for victims of trafficking to be heard and get help, especially those who have not been transported anywhere.
See #2 &3
Myths & Misconceptions

Reiterated here:
Human Trafficking Myths and Facts

View attachment 169174
If he is charged with this - is that not considered human trafficking? I'm trying to understand this as it relates to the federal criminal code
18 U.S. Code § 2423 - Transportation of minors

BBM
Transportation With Intent To Engage in Criminal Sexual Activity.—
A person who knowingly transports an individual who has not attained the age of 18 years in interstate or foreign commerce, or in any commonwealth, territory or possession of the United States, with intent that the individual engage in prostitution, or in any sexual activity for which any person can be charged with a criminal offense, shall be fined under this title and imprisoned not less than 10 years or for life.

If he is charged with this - is that not considered human trafficking? I'm trying to understand this as it relates to the federal criminal code
18 U.S. Code § 2423 - Transportation of minors

BBM
Transportation With Intent To Engage in Criminal Sexual Activity.—
A person who knowingly transports an individual who has not attained the age of 18 years in interstate or foreign commerce, or in any commonwealth, territory or possession of the United States, with intent that the individual engage in prostitution, or in any sexual activity for which any person can be charged with a criminal offense, shall be fined under this title and imprisoned not less than 10 years or for life.
Different crime. Human trafficking has nothing to do with transporting.
ETA: I believe the confusion lies in the word "trafficking", which has connotations of vehicles, moving, etc. It is an unfortunate conflation. Perhaps it would be easier to understand by the term "slavery". MOO.

End-to-end encryption is standard nowadays. I use it and many of my friends do. You don’t have to be involved in criminal activities to use it, it’s more a privacy issue. FB messenger does have an encryption option but it has to be turned on manually, plus they are under a lot of pressure from the FBI because of MS-13 investigations, so I wouldn’t consider FB messenger or WhatsApp (now belongs to FB) secure from an IT point of view.
Yes, it has become very common.

Human Trafficking and Slavery - FindLaw

Associated Criminal Acts

In addition to outlawing human trafficking and slavery, the federal law also prohibits and punishes a number of acts associated with human trafficking. These include:
  • Luring or enticing a person to go onboard a vessel or any other place with the intention that they be made or held as a slave.
  • Kidnapping or carrying away a person with the intent to hold or sell them into slavery
  • Transporting a person with the knowledge or intent that the person be held or sold as a slave
  • Sale of a person into involuntary servitude.
  • Destruction, concealment, removal, or confiscation of a person's passport or other documents with the intent to traffic them or for the purpose of restricting or preventing their travel.
  • Profiting from peonage, slavery, or trafficking in persons.
I would like to understand the difference - it seems to me transporting may be considered trafficking unless findlaw is wrong? We use it here for legal research.

Human Trafficking and Slavery - FindLaw

Associated Criminal Acts

In addition to outlawing human trafficking and slavery, the federal law also prohibits and punishes a number of acts associated with human trafficking. These include:
  • Luring or enticing a person to go onboard a vessel or any other place with the intention that they be made or held as a slave.
  • Kidnapping or carrying away a person with the intent to hold or sell them into slavery
  • Transporting a person with the knowledge or intent that the person be held or sold as a slave
  • Sale of a person into involuntary servitude.
  • Destruction, concealment, removal, or confiscation of a person's passport or other documents with the intent to traffic them or for the purpose of restricting or preventing their travel.
  • Profiting from peonage, slavery, or trafficking in persons.
I would like to understand the difference - it seems to me transporting may be considered trafficking unless findlaw is wrong? We use it here for legal research.
Yes you can be transported to be sold, but it is not necessary. It can happen in your own home or neighborhood.

Especially with a tape. If his intentions were pure he would have told her to send it to authorities instead of him. Trust me....he's a perv! I'll bet he watched that tape many times! Loving. every. single. moment. watching. the. rape. He knew she was compliant.
I'm disgusted.
jmo
I bet that LE will be able to obtain how many times this pervert viewed the “blurry” video.

Yes you can be transported to be sold, but it is not necessary. It can happen in your own home or neighborhood.
thank you - it looks like a person may also be transported to be held - perhaps BR could be charged with this since he "held" her - the reason I ask is that the potential sentence is life - pretty serious stuff IMO. I'm thinking this is not an area I want to know more about...ugh these poor children.

ETA: I believe the confusion lies in the word "trafficking", which has connotations of vehicles, moving, etc. It is an unfortunate conflation. Perhaps it would be easier to understand by the term "slavery". MOO.
Yet "trafficking" falls under the category of Transporting a Minor Across State lines for Sexual Purposes. It's not limited to trafficking or prostitution, but can be any form of sexual activity.
At least that's how I understand it. Imo

I know from working in a children's hospital how well trained and compassionate and gentle and kind the doctors and nurses are who deal with children's sexual trauma. I am just amazed that the new information about that sexual activity, whatever it was, that occurred in Wisconsin was first introduced in open court and therefore the MSM. With all that has been in MSM about this case, giving different initials to the victim is pretty thin disguise to me. The means, methods and training of personnel who do this work was never in question to me. Just the release of the partial findings.

I agree completely! The care, and compassion, should be extended to all facets of SLP's case. And especially now, when everything is going to be disseminated in multiple courtrooms. *Stay Strong SLP*

I bet that LE will be able to obtain how many times this pervert viewed the “blurry” video.
I believe they will also find that he's been watching child *advertiser censored* of other children for years plus that he's been grooming other children. They might even find some videos of him with other children. I have a feeling he has experience with hiding the recording device to film sex acts. moo

Just now getting caught up. This case is simply sickening. I pray SLP gets some intense counseling and therapy. I pray she learns these first 14 years of her life so not have to define her. She IS pure, innocent and valuable. What she has had to endure CAN make her strong and CAN be used to help others in the future. Find your wings SLP as soar above your circumstances. Show these evil men that they have no power over you!

FEB 13, 2019
Girl who fled home after adoptive dad raped her says her mother ignored her cries for help: Lawyer
Rogers’ attorney, Marcus Jens Berghahn, pointed out that Rogers said the girl told him she tried to get help after Randall Lee Pruitt, 41, sexually assaulted her many times. Pruitt is now behind bars in Madisonville, Tennessee. He’s charged with rape.

The girl’s mother, who hasn’t faced any charges, apparently wasn’t willing to help her daughter, according to what the teen told Rogers, court documents read. The woman is the teen’s biological mother.

Snipped for brevity and BBM

<modsnip: repaired quote>

Thanks for this article, PommyMommy.

There you have it. It's in msm and is official .
Disgusted beyond words.

She should face charges... for neglect --if nothing else.
What a horrid person.
I believe SLP , and am sorry that her bravery in escaping led to yet another predator ; and if she hadn't escaped --there's a good chance she could be missing --- as in deceased . :(

At the end of the day, I want for those children (all of them) to be able to grow up in an environment where they'll be safe and allowed to grow up without abuse ; and far away from anyone who would allow abuse or neglect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took a break from this case for a week. Wow, just wow. Both men think they were so clever but we all see right thru them. I hope someone can help SP get her social security card. Here’s why: The first time you apply, you use your birth certificate. If the adoption was a fraud / verbal/ nothing in writing, then she can change her public profile immediately. That will help remove the notoriety of her adoptive name. I mention this because my name was changed without an adoption decree. My mother remarried & we moved to a new state within months. She didn’t want anyone to ask questions. I was registered in school under the new name. When I turned 15, I applied for my SS card in my birth name, then got my drivers permit. I hope its as simple for SP and it will go a long way in helping her build a positive future.

Yet "trafficking" falls under the category of Transporting a Minor Across State lines for Sexual Purposes. It's not limited to trafficking or prostitution, but can be any form of sexual activity.
At least that's how I understand it. Imo
Not all trafficking involves transportation, and not all transportation involves trafficking. The only reason I brought up the discrepancy/error, is that it gives short shrift to those victims who have not been transported. They and others falsely believing they are not victims of trafficking can result in them not getting the support and resources they need, and this needs to be corrected.

Yes, it has become very common.
I guess I do not have reason to need encryption since I don't do any messaging. I still wonder what the FBI found on the computer. I also wonder if they took the computers from her home? I don't remember reading that anywhere - just that they returned her laptop? Very early on I read this before any arrests.

Took a break from this case for a week. Wow, just wow. Both men think they were so clever but we all see right thru them. I hope someone can help SP get her social security card. Here’s why: The first time you apply, you use your birth certificate. If the adoption was a fraud / verbal/ nothing in writing, then she can change her public profile immediately. That will help remove the notoriety of her adoptive name. I mention this because my name was changed without an adoption decree. My mother remarried & we moved to a new state within months. She didn’t want anyone to ask questions. I was registered in school under the new name. When I turned 15, I applied for my SS card in my birth name, then got my drivers permit. I hope its as simple for SP and it will go a long way in helping her build a positive future.
Wow.
What an excellent idea !
She has a lot of life left, hopefully --and can forge her own path from now on !
I wish for her and the other siblings to have a safe and happy life.
God knows what those other little siblings have seen or endured.

I guess I do not have reason to need encryption since I don't do any messaging. I still wonder what the FBI found on the computer. I also wonder if they took the computers from her home? I don't remember reading that anywhere - just that they returned her laptop? Very early on I read this before any arrests.
I would imagine they also took the computers from SP's home. Not only for her communications, but for RP's too. He may have very well been viewing child *advertiser censored* as I'll bet BR was too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234