Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #5 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And now, I believe his profile is completely gone. It was just locked down at first, though.

So who would have done that? LE? CP? Someone else? I would HOPE he does not have access in jail.

So who would have done that? LE? CP? Someone else? I would HOPE he does not have access in jail.

I highly doubt LE would have locked it down just around the time CP locked hers down. So my bet is that family did it (probably CP, but possibly someone else). I don’t know that I would do that for a family member who committed this kind of crime. Pretty sure I would not.

I did not catch any answers to this, and I'm bumping it up to see if someone experienced in these matters can help. If I missed answers pardon my ignorance. IMO I'm curious about your questions also :)

ETA: The sheets! Did we ever determine, or get verification on, the disposition of the sheets? Where did those sheets end up?

I think it is possible SP wanted this or needed this to be big or she at least felt she needed to get the FBI involved.

My reasons? Because they often get a slap on the hand, bond out or make a deal (the perp) or the child is returned to the home.

I think had he stayed in TN with her, he may well have ended up with not so much for charges or time, hard to say. In the JC case, a guy was mentioned who had done such a thing I think in Cornell, and ended up with nothing much as a result of kidnapping an underaged girl. (He was speculated on as a perp before we knew it was JP).

I do not believe SP would have felt safe staying in TN and she was looking for someone to get her far away. That in no way puts anything on her and in no way do I mean BR could not have played on that desire.

While this case is as sad as they come except for the shining fact that she is alive and safe(!), it sure has twists and turns and I feel they will continue...

That comment about RP wanting to impregnate her came from a defense doc before a bail hearing that wasn't taken from texts or any form of backup, but probably from BR's mouth. I wouldn't put too much weight in that comment. moo

I am curious about this. Would an allegedly well known top notch defense attorney put hearsay in such a document? Or is it likely he has seen evidence of this in chats, encrypted messages, etc. but at this point does not want to "cite' them? Can one of our attorneys here weigh in on this question?

And now, I believe his profile is completely gone. It was just locked down at first, though.
Yes, and he had a whole slew of family members sharing the name (P) that were his friends. If he logged into SM on the phone/computer and saved credentials, anyone with access to either of those devices can log in as him and delete his SM.

I highly doubt LE would have locked it down just around the time CP locked hers down. So my bet is that family did it (probably CP, but possibly someone else). I don’t know that I would do that for a family member who committed this kind of crime. Pretty sure I would not.
I would IMO because he had pictures of their children....

SP was just too young and misguided to not have seen the obvious signs that a predator was manipulating her. He must have felt he was so brilliant!
Thankfully LE/FBI got his number!

I honestly forget if I responded to you on this. Would it be cool if SLP may have realized that sending the video to BR, was like breadcrumbs in the forest? Was she in a 'place' that she realized he was a manipulator? She needed saving, and he was insistent on that video. He demanded that video, or he was not going to rescue her. That truly sickens me. It sounded like it sickened SLP.

IMO the outcome here would not have played out positive, if SLP had not sent data to BR. He was brilliant, but only to himself.

I would IMO because he had pictures of their children....
Yes, but the children’s pictures are still clearly visible and public on CP’s profile, so I doubt this was the reason it was done. I suspect it was done to protect him. Your reasons for doing so would make sense if you didn’t then make the children’s photos on your own FB public.

I honestly forget if I responded to you on this. Would it be cool if SLP may have realized that sending the video to BR, was like breadcrumbs in the forest? Was she in a 'place' that she realized he was a manipulator? She needed saving, and he was insistent on that video. He demanded that video, or he was not going to rescue her. That truly sickens me. It sounded like it sickened SLP.

IMO the outcome here would not have played out positive, if SLP had not sent data to BR. He was brilliant, but only to himself.
She was just in an awful situation- new place, likely didn’t know any neighbors or anyone in the community, stuck in a rural location with no transportation, no school, etc. I know people have said she could have done this or that on her own to report the situation. But in her place, in her situation, I would have been too frightened to trust anyone.

Yes, but the children’s pictures are still clearly visible and public on CP’s profile, so I doubt this was the reason it was done. I suspect it was done to protect him. Your reasons for doing so would make sense if you didn’t then make the children’s photos on your own FB public.
only a few now....privacy was updated looks like to me but we can't sleuth her so it doesn't really matter at this point.

Yeah, I wonder if more information will be forthcoming? But IMO because there's evidence that BR also sexually assaulted SLP I can't in any way, shape or form see him as anything but a predator grooming a vulnerable minor for his own sexual pleasure. IMO it really doesn't matter if there are other conversations we don't yet know about. It doesn't matter whether LE finds more evidence on his electronics or printed material - the guy preyed upon a 14-year old, therefore he's a predator and not a man with good but misguided intentions. QED.

Madison man charged with sexually exploiting teen girl ordered to remain in jail, judge finds probable cause

If there is proof there was sex I agree. It makes no difference, he was twice her age and she was a very young teenager and in no way did he not know better. BR has caused his own problems if indeed his intentions were not all pure and there was sex. What saddens me is RP on SP's behalf caused all of this and I believe it is likely she saw BR as "better" than RP and an "out". RP is the one responsible for the fact she is vulnerable and her views of "men" are shaded by what he showed her her entire life. BR could have been any one of a number of predators if that is what he is. RP CAUSED her to look to someone else to save herself from HIM. I thank God she is alive.

While other conversations may not change anything as far as BR, we all know that having the entire context can make a big difference though. We see all of the time (in tons of cases on here, in politics, in anything) where taking a sound bite or part of a conversation can entirely change what one thinks. As can the written word versus hearing someone's inflection, tone, etc. of voice...

I would imagine everyone, just as I have, has experienced a text one has taken wrong.

For all of these reasons, I would like to know the entire context, not that we necessarily ever will.

To give an example, if one was held hostage in a cage without water or food and in the dark, but here came someone who said I will save you and you will not be in a cage and I will give you water and food once a WEEK but you will be tied to a chair but I will give you a small flashlight, you would trade eagerly where you are for the slightly better but still bad situation.

THIS IS WHAT RP did to HIS STEPDAUGHTER. He made her vulnerable and desperate to anything seemingly better and thank God she is alive. I will say though I have a feeling SP was smarter than we think and knew what she was trading into to a point but hoped once out of TN and biding her time, she would find a way out of there if necessary as well. Just speculation but that is how I like to think of her...

She was just in an awful situation- new place, likely didn’t know any neighbors or anyone in the community, stuck in a rural location with no transportation, no school, etc. I know people have said she could have done this or that on her own to report the situation. But in her place, in her situation, I would have been too frightened to trust anyone.

Right! So would she have really trusted this guy? Or was she hoping for the rescue? Was SLP ready to walk out the door? Perhaps find a nice woman, out walking her dog? I want to believe that. IMO I wanted her to believe she knew she still needed rescuing. I believe she did. I hope she did. Like many more have said, I hope SLP can find a new path for her life. She really does deserve a wondrous life.

If there is proof there was sex I agree. It makes no difference, he was twice her age and she was a very young teenager and in no way did he not know better. BR has caused his own problems if indeed his intentions were not all pure and there was sex. What saddens me is RP on SP's behalf caused all of this and I believe it is likely she saw BR as "better" than RP and an "out". RP is the one responsible for the fact she is vulnerable and her views of "men" are shaded by what he showed her her entire life. BR could have been any one of a number of predators if that is what he is. RP CAUSED her to look to someone else to save herself from HIM. I thank God she is alive.

While other conversations may not change anything as far as BR, we all know that having the entire context can make a big difference though. We see all of the time (in tons of cases on here, in politics, in anything) where taking a sound bite or part of a conversation can entirely change what one thinks. As can the written word versus hearing someone's inflection, tone, etc. of voice...

I would imagine everyone, just as I have, has experienced a text one has taken wrong.

For all of these reasons, I would like to know the entire context, not that we necessarily ever will.

To give an example, if one was held hostage in a cage without water or food and in the dark, but here came someone who said I will save you and you will not be in a cage and I will give you water and food once a WEEK but you will be tied to a chair but I will give you a small flashlight, you would trade eagerly where you are for the slightly better but still bad situation.

THIS IS WHAT RP did to HIS STEPDAUGHTER. He made her vulnerable and desperate to anything seemingly better and thank God she is alive. I will say though I have a feeling SP was smarter than we think and knew what she was trading into to a point but hoped once out of TN and biding her time, she would find a way out of there if necessary as well. Just speculation but that is how I like to think of her...

ETA: Badly composed :) The horror she endured, followed by the hopes we have for her future. I said something along these lines, your post beating my typing :) Not that we're trying to beat anyone, just seemed to be on same wavelength. :)

Last edited:
Just thinking about this more. In addition to her situation making her afraid to trust anyone would believe her, think about what our children have been hearing the last year or two. With the metoo movement, SA has been discussed everywhere, on all sorts of tv shows and even morning radio talk shows. And a lot of kids are likely hearing things like, “well if it happened, why didn’t she report it sooner?” Think about how that would affect the psyche of a 14 year old in this situation, who has been experiencing SA for a decade.

ETA - clarified morning radio talk shows

Right! So would she have really trusted this guy? Or was she hoping for the rescue? Was SLP ready to walk out the door? Perhaps find a nice woman, out walking her dog? I want to believe that. IMO I wanted her to believe she knew she still needed rescuing. I believe she did. I hope she did. Like many more have said, I hope SLP can find a new path for her life. She really does deserve a wondrous life.
I think the key to her trusting him but not LE or a random dog-walker is that she needed to start a discussion anonymously and feel the person out to see if they believed her prior to acting. She eventually did the same thing with the FBI - presenting the evidence and then waiting to see if they believed it and arrested RP.

I think the key to her trusting him but not LE or a random dog-walker is that she needed to start a discussion anonymously and feel the person out to see if they believed her prior to acting. She eventually did the same thing with the FBI - presenting the evidence and then waiting to see if they believed it and arrested RP.

And the utter relief when LE informed her RP was in a jail cell, they had gotten her package, and she was now safe? Can we even imagine the weight lifted off of her mind?

ETA: Why did BR have to go and ruin this narrative? Too few heroes out there. He could never have been one. That's so sad.

That would make sense as well, make it look as if she headed that way to find dad, throw them off. I do not know if she knew he was in the state, news had said as much (or someone had, I read it somewhere), she may have and it also because of that may have been the reason. Bio dad also did an interview/podcast and said she had expressed interest through someone in seeing him so maybe she did know where as well... Just another thing we cannot be sure of I guess, at this point anyhow...

I just looked up the date of the bio-dad interview with Gray Hughes on YouTube. It was Feb 2nd. RP was arrested 1/31.

Not sure TOS allows us to discuss the video, perhaps others know.

ETA corrected, thanks @PommyMommy

Last edited:
I wonder how SP came up with the idea of going to the FBI. As it turned out, for the RP crimes, it's the wrong jurisdiction (I think, right?), but I wonder how she came to that idea. Or did BR suggest it? If so, why?

The messages that were being left on both of those FB sites were being filled with incredibly hateful, vitriolic messages. I am thinking someone in the family shut the down the sites for that reason. It would have been very difficult for any family member , let alone SP, to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth