Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #5 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how SP came up with the idea of going to the FBI. As it turned out, for the RP crimes, it's the wrong jurisdiction (I think, right?), but I wonder how she came to that idea. Or did BR suggest it? If so, why?

They were probably watching the news online and saw that the FBI was already investigating SLP's disappearance.
MOO.

None of what BDR has done with SP, right from the start has made any sense at all to me. If the point of the rape video was something for himself, it doesn't make sense that 5-7 minutes of blurry, difficult to see video is it. All he needed to do is stay home in the basement and surf the internet. Much better quality stuff on there at no cost monetarily, this has cost him his freedom. Where is the sense in that?

I struggle with this as well. I guess the obvious answer is there is a big difference between seeing it on a screen and having a live person.

But then I think why not find a vulnerable, controllable, molested 18 year old? It would still be very wrong but there goes the "minor" aspect and not illegal in most ways...

I guess it is difficult to understand when those of us who do not think in such evil or predatory ways would never do as he did.

It does, however, play into why I cannot quite wrap my head around deciding what entirely was going on here. I do see he clearly pushed the tape over and over.

I think also it is harder to fathom when one expects a history or a former criminal history of some kind. 31 and as far as we know anyhow, not a blip on his record. And WI has had open court records online for longer than almost any state.

They were probably watching the news online and saw that the FBI was already investigating SLP's disappearance.
MOO.

Do we think BR was allowing access to SM, MSM, and the like? I know she had a burner phone. Well, at least BR said she had a burner phone. Did LE corroborate the burner phone?

Because he is a wolf in sheep's clothing, I would say BR is even more dangerous than what she was living with at home with RP. At least she knew RP was evil with bad intentions. I don't think she saw through BR unfortunately.

I am not so sure of that. It would take someone educated in such things more than I would know to inform us about such things but this girl had no reason from her early years to trust men. I think it would be more like an "it couldn't be any worse scenario" than what I am dealing with. She was threatening suicide and was desperate. I am not saying she knew for sure what she was getting into, I am saying her goal was a way out of the situation she was in and a dire need to get out of it and the options were probably limited. In my speculation and jmho. Not meant to excuse BR in any way, shape or form, his actions are his own and what he did with this vulnerable child--meant to more specify how bad it was at home and her fear. Moved, isolated, home schooled, away from her former home, dog, impregnate (if true), things were ramping up worse than they had been I am guessing. And they were always bad... I would think most in that circumstance would take any of the few lifelines they could find... And she is safe, thank God.

Would your conscience still be clear though if it got bungled and word got back to parents prior to RPs arrest? I’m not BDRs friend or advocate but he got her away from the monster then let her write her story and helped her get it turned in.
Amen!

Do we think BR was allowing access to SM, MSM, and the like? I know she had a burner phone. Well, at least BR said she had a burner phone. Did LE corroborate the burner phone?

We don't know but I am guessing he may have. I think his whole scam on SLP was to act like her "boyfriend". I think he pretended to be her "hero" so she would "thank" him in the only way she had been taught to by RP. BR probably also manipulated SLP by making her believe any physical activity together was her choice. He probably only sent that package to the FBI 2 weeks later to keep up the facade that he was helping her. She likely listened to BR and hid in the closet or car trunk because he would bring up the threat of her being sent back to her step father. He manipulated her every step but it was a way she wasn't used to being manipulated, so she likely could not see it.
MOO.

Jennifer, may I join you for dinner? I could have written your post myself. I'm not ready to stop looking for the best in people though. A hope dashed now and then is better than no hope at all, imo.

This I don't hope, I pray, that SLC doesn't believe that all she has to offer is her body. She is so much more than that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I find it hard to post on here. I wrote this hours ago, and tried a couple of times to post it, thought I had, but now I see it on the bottom of every page, so that must mean it didn't post. Trying again.

I appreciate your response. I still can't believe that poor girl could end up having such bad luck.

Not all trafficking involves transportation, and not all transportation involves trafficking. The only reason I brought up the discrepancy/error, is that it gives short shrift to those victims who have not been transported. They and others falsely believing they are not victims of trafficking can result in them not getting the support and resources they need, and this needs to be corrected.

I understand trafficking to mean sold for sex and held in some way to do so. There is no evidence whatsoever of anything I understand to be trafficking in this case. If I were to suspect one of doing that, it would be "daddy dearest" and his cohorts and I hope that is not the case. It looks like BR engaged in sex most likely with a minor and transported her and that is criminal but it is not trafficking the way I understand it at least.

I am curious about this. Would an allegedly well known top notch defense attorney put hearsay in such a document? Or is it likely he has seen evidence of this in chats, encrypted messages, etc. but at this point does not want to "cite' them? Can one of our attorneys here weigh in on this question?
I would think if the attorney saw evidence of his statements they would have been included.
I think the document contains the summary of his statements, even if they are not backed up by evidence yet. At this point we don't know if everything BR claims SP said is true or not, although I would not doubt any of it.
As an attorney, it makes sense that she would make the abuse by her father appear to be so terrifying that it would justify the actions of the client. Or at least help to explain them. Imo

We don't know but I am guessing he may have. I think his whole scam on SLP was to act like her "boyfriend". I think he pretended to be her "hero" so she would "thank" him in the only way she had been taught to by RP. BR probably also manipulated SLP by making her believe any physical activity together was her choice. He probably only sent that package to the FBI 2 weeks later to keep up the facade that he was helping her. She likely listened to BR and hid in the closet or car trunk because he would bring up the threat of her being sent back to her step father. He manipulated her every step but it was a way she wasn't used to being manipulated, so she likely could not see it.
MOO.
But if mailing the package was just to keep the facade up, he could have packaged it in front of her and just told her he was going to mail it. I still can’t square the two of them taking that package together and actually mailing it with him having set long-term sights on keeping her. I don’t know what the answer is, but it does not square. He could have even misdirected the package if he didn’t want it to reach the FBI.

There are many unanswered questions.

I also note that, unless I've missed it, even the Daily Mail and Radar haven't tracked down a single friend, acquaintance, former girlfriend or classmate to give their experiences with him. Even recluse JP from the JC case had a few people come forward.

I find this odd too. Not a person, not a single person either with regard to the Ps or BR. Wisconsin, Tennessee and Georgia. Not a single person talking about any family member of any family to any news media. I find it extremely odd.

Well written!!
I wonder what CP thought the reason for killing and skinning the dog was for if she did't know what was going on.

It truly defies logic that she did not know. I so try not to judge but this is a difficult one not to. Yes, the dog! Was this a new thing for him or had the family seen such things before? It almost sounds as if he was ramping up and knowing he needed to put more fear in SP. Had she tried to tell or started to show a backbone so they moved and the control was amped up? The dog, the isolation, the alleged home schooling...

Wasn't her revelation that she told her mother in a text between SP and BR? I think we've seen evidence that SP told BR that she told her mother.

I am unsure. I am pretty sure his attorney stated it in his court document but I am unsure he actually cited a conversation to back it up. However, I would tend to think he would not put statements in that could not be backed up so your guess is as good as mine. I do not think I saw it actually in a chat quote between the two... Maybe someone else can clarify or remembers...

I think SP knew she had to reach out to the FBI to ensure she be believed & rescued. Think about how every adult failed her, terrorized her, isolated her, made her feel like she had no choices in life. It’s like she knew being on that farm was going to be a cult like future for her. The fear combined with sheer rage she must have felt propelled her to go to the highest level of authority she knew. Local LE? Not high enough, too much risk of being sent home. She saw the risks, guns in the house, evil, cold parent, etc. She needed protection at the highest level. The way out was bizarre but she’s out, and that’s the important thing.

But if mailing the package was just to keep the facade up, he could have packaged it in front of her and just told her he was going to mail it. I still can’t square the two of them taking that package together and actually mailing it with him having set long-term sights on keeping her. I don’t know what the answer is, but it does not square. He could have even misdirected the package if he didn’t want it to reach the FBI.

There are many unanswered questions.

The key will be which 'trail' led them to the Roger's residence.

Was the digital trail from the sent email the defining evidence? Or was there anything in that package, that told the FBI where they were?

I don't believe he had any intention of outing their hiding place. My gut feel, or JMO, is this predator was evolving. He was doing his best to cover his tracks. Another piece of not receiving bail. From the court doc:

"The judge did not agree, saying the lengths Rogers went through to hide the girl and what he was doing with the girl, as well as lying to law enforcement agents when first questioned showed “if he chose to flee, he could.”

It truly defies logic that she did not know. I so try not to judge but this is a difficult one not to. Yes, the dog! Was this a new thing for him or had the family seen such things before? It almost sounds as if he was ramping up and knowing he needed to put more fear in SP. Had she tried to tell or started to show a backbone so they moved and the control was amped up? The dog, the isolation, the alleged home schooling...
RP killed her dog and skinned it! How traumatic for all those children! And yet, RP made it a point on TV to say how much she loved her animals. Was that perhaps a little threat to her, in case she was seeing or hearing him on TV?

The key will be which 'trail' led them to the Roger's residence.

Was the digital trail from the sent email the defining evidence? Or was there anything in that package, that told the FBI where they were?

I don't believe he had any intention of outing their hiding place. My gut feel, or JMO, is this predator was evolving. He was doing his best to cover his tracks. Another piece of not receiving bail. From the court doc:

"The judge did not agree, saying the lengths Rogers went through to hide the girl and what he was doing with the girl, as well as lying to law enforcement agents when first questioned showed “if he chose to flee, he could.”
Oh, I didn’t mean to suggest he wasn’t trying to keep their location secret. But this still does not all square with what we know. We need to know much more for this to make any sense.

I find this odd too. Not a person, not a single person either with regard to the Ps or BR. Wisconsin, Tennessee and Georgia. Not a single person talking about any family member of any family to any news media. I find it extremely odd.
I don’t think anyone, neighbors, co-workers, or family wants to be associated with CP & RP. The facts are too horrifying and they’re afraid they’ll be judged. Maybe they’ve long had suspicions but couldn’t verify anything. Maybe the person who had a gun pointed in their face at the door spread the word in the area to back off, he’s a nut job, etc. No one in their right mind wants to be connected to these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth