Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #5 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He says he helped her reach out to the FBI. Has this been confirmed?
Even so, he drove all the way to MO to send the package to the MO FBI. (if true)
He was still trying very hard to make sure she wasn't found....at least not in Wisconsin where he lived with his mother and was keeping SP.
But even if his intentions were entirely pure, it made sense with their plan to not have her found until RP was arrested. So attempting to hide that the package came from WI is not one of the things that speaks to his potential guilt regarding SA. Plenty of things might, but not this, IMO.

I do believe I led to confusion here :) I was only trying to equate SLP knowing she needed to save herself. That she could NOT trust this guy. The dog walking was a nod to JC. I apologize for not being clear in my missives :)

He says he helped her reach out to the FBI. Has this been confirmed?
Even so, he drove all the way to MO to send the package to the MO FBI. (if true)
He was still trying very hard to make sure she wasn't found....at least not in Wisconsin where he lived with his mother and was keeping SP.
Relative to SP realization that she had to "rescue herself," I think she found herself abducted by BR for 2 weeks-- hidden in his trunk, and inside his closet, until she finally gave him an ultimatum like "I thought you were going to help me and instead you've only inserted yourself in place of RP!"

Reportedly - not until 2 weeks after being in WI did SP draft a letter for the FBI. I'm sure it was part of the manipulation, and excuse for 2 week delay, that BR insisted they had to deliver the FBI package to St Louis for mailing. I think SP was probably about ready to run away from BR until he took her to another State to mail the package to FBI.

MOO

Wow all so risky.
*The threat of being returned.
*Stepdad obviously being dangerous (skinned the dog).
*BR being a predator.
Another case that boggles the mind. Very fortunate young teen. Many things could have taken her life with these perverts around her.

Relative to SP realization that she had to "rescue herself," I think she found herself abducted by BR for 2 weeks-- hidden in his trunk, and inside his closet, until she finally gave him an ultimatum like "I thought you were going to help me and instead you've only inserted yourself in place of RP!"

Reportedly - not until 2 weeks after being in WI did SP draft a letter for the FBI. I'm sure it was part of the manipulation, and excuse for 2 week delay, that BR insisted they had to deliver the FBI package to St Louis for mailing. I think SP was probably about ready to run away from BR until he took her to another State to mail the package to FBI.

MOO
I wonder why she was hiding from LE in a closet, then, when BR was not even home. I’m not sure she saw herself as his victim at that point.

MOO
I think she recognized him as a predator and believe the same thing you posted. JMO

I have been checking the dockets to see if there are any new charges / arrests and found nothing so far in RP's county. I'm also trying to see if a guardianship has been initiated or even a hearing for the other children. It's been long enough IMO for something to formalize unless they have already been returned to the home? The last we heard was a few weeks ago - I haven't read any references to their current situation - has anyone?

Remember Jaycee and Elizabeth Smart? They did not reveal themselves.

These perverts know what they are doing.

BR checked to make sure SLP had no one in her court.

Run to friends ( nope) go to LE ( nope) told mother ( no help there)

PERFECT VICTIM! He’s got it made!

I bet he was shocked that they reported her missing. I do wonder why they did. But they had to be terrified thinking about who she was with and what she would reveal.

How anyone can think this guy had any good intentions whatsover is beyond me.

He is a predator and I will be astounded if there are not more things that he has been up to in 31 years.

He struck a dream with SLP. A rape tape from a child he knows! Dream!

I wonder why she was hiding from LE in a closet, then, when BR was not even home. I’m not sure she saw herself as his victim at that point.
I think you may be right. I don't think she saw herself as his victim. I doubt she knows what a normal relationship should be.
Victims of abuse have so much shame and guilt, she may have thought she was going to be "in trouble" when she was found. Imo

I think you may be right. I don't think she saw herself as his victim. I doubt she knows what a normal relationship should be.
Victims of abuse have so much shame and guilt, she may have thought she was going to be "in trouble" when she was found. Imo
And this is my worry for her, that she's been programmed since she was an infant. I hope someday she will be able to experience a healthy relationship.

Remember Jaycee and Elizabeth Smart? They did not reveal themselves.

These perverts know what they are doing.

BR checked to make sure SLP had no one in her court.

Run to friends ( nope) go to LE ( nope) told mother ( no help there)

PERFECT VICTIM! He’s got it made!

I bet he was shocked that they reported her missing. I do wonder why they did. But they had to be terrified thinking about who she was with and what she would reveal.

How anyone can think this guy had any good intentions whatsover is beyond me.

He is a predator and I will be astounded if there are not more things that he has been up to in 31 years.

He struck a dream with SLP. A rape tape from a child he knows! Dream!
exactly and the parents thought she was a runaway - in the beginning.

Wow all so risky.
*The threat of being returned.
*Stepdad obviously being dangerous (skinned the dog).
*BR being a predator.
Another case that boggles the mind. Very fortunate young teen. Many things could have taken her life with these perverts around her.

To have lived through so many evil incidents, I hope this young girl, will have so much care by professionals, she will become another Elizabeth Smart.
SP will be taught to have confidence after what she endured.
She made it, through the ugliness after so many years, and now, I hope, her life is constantly improving.

I cannot believe, the Creeps around her, benefiting from a young innocent child.
I am pleased, in Prison, they will get rewarded constantly, throughout their pathetic lives, from inmates.:):)
These Creeps are so low on the totem pole, that they will be punished accordingly.
Justice will be served.
MOO.

Wish there was LWOP for dog murderers.

Yes.
I keep thinking about Evie, the rescue dog, killed by an inmate, in prison.
Evie had been continually harmed.:(:(
Here, how many times did RP harm the dog, to teach SP a lesson.
The Creep should pay heavily for his crimes, and I hope this is a further charge, to the many others that will accumulate.
I am pleased RP will certainly pay in prison, by the many inmates.
Karma will follow him.:):)
MOO.

Jmo, am wondering what would have happened if this “rescuer” had been someone else...better or worse? Not sure what to think. I think I would have called police but would I have ever known if police removed her, helped her etc? Would police tell me if I kept after them?

I wonder why SLP fell into his clutches? Was he a smooth talker, trying to reel her in with empathy? Perhaps a shoulder to cry on? They had to exchange ages, right? Were his answers truthful? Was he a 31 year old guy, living in the basement of his mother's home? Was that SLP's expectation?

I'm thinking we have this traumatized victim. A decade of abuse, at the hands of RP. Cornered in this locked-down prison. What if she did not have access to these games & apps? What would her outcome have been then?

She really got lucky in the grand scheme of things. BR could have been worse. There was no way he would ever be better IMO. And yeah, SLP could have found one of you caring folks. She did not.

I am scared to wonder how often this happens to the victims? Hourly? Daily? Weekly.

Before RP's FB was taken down there were pictures of his/their church, he was featured in some pictures and they ran a picture of SP, asking for her return and described her participation in church activities. I wonder why she didn't feel she could find support there. The link for this doesn't exist anymore so I hope this doesn't go against TOS.

Man her own mother (if what BR stated is true) didn't believe her. I can imagine that was the nail in the coffin as far as trusting adults.

Plus just shame.

I think BR may have acted more like a peer, which is what child predators often do, in his interactions with her. So she might've had the sensation that she was speaking with another teen and felt more comfortable with that.

You know that us against them feeling teens often have about adults? They have a secret world.

Also, church can be a unique place. Where everyone has this veneer of wholesomeness and Godliness. I bet it could be hard for a kid to approach someone in that community and say, "Yeah you know my perfect family? My faith-filled, bible believing parents? We all seem so close and you know what sweet kids we are and how our parents teach us so well, right? Well my well respected, Jesus-loving daddy is actually raping me."

I remember a comment from some adult about a photo of her she posted on Facebook. Something about how she looks like the sweet little girl she is.

She may not have felt very sweet or like a little girl after a decade of being used and abused like that.

Maybe church with its expectations and atmosphere was the last place she would feel she could open up. I can imagine she could anticipate the shock and horror on the faces of fellow church members if she revealed what was happening to her and maybe she just couldn't face that reality?

We have to remember that BR’s attorney has seen the letter that was sent to the FBI. He could have could have cited things in that letter, her telling her mother and the dog incident. The judge sealed the letter from the public not his attorney.

He also pointed out (his attorney) that they cited no name unlike the other side. Great point, it could very well be in her letter.

I wonder why SLP fell into his clutches? Was he a smooth talker, trying to reel her in with empathy? Perhaps a shoulder to cry on? They had to exchange ages, right? Were his answers truthful? Was he a 31 year old guy, living in the basement of his mother's home? Was that SLP's expectation?

I'm thinking we have this traumatized victim. A decade of abuse, at the hands of RP. Cornered in this locked-down prison. What if she did not have access to these games & apps? What would her outcome have been then?

She really got lucky in the grand scheme of things. BR could have been worse. There was no way he would ever be better IMO. And yeah, SLP could have found one of you caring folks. She did not.

I am scared to wonder how often this happens to the victims? Hourly? Daily? Weekly.

Yeah it's interesting. More controlled victims can turn out like the Turpin kids - with delays and permanent damage from years of isolation and almost no way out.

Her interactions with this creep did enable the nightmare to ultimately end. I can't deny that.

I think the answer as to why she fell into his clutches is because he's a predator and child victims of abuse are at super high risk of further victimization by others.

Typically, they're seen as easy prey once a predator knows a child is being abused or neglected its like a bullseye on the child.

A case like JC's or Elizabeth Smart's where a happy, well-cared for middle- class teen is targeted and taken by a predator is pretty rare. But this kind of thing isn't.

I don't want to bring up trafficking again but my main argument when it's brought up in every missing person/kid case is demographics.

Sex trafficking victims in our country are overwhelmingly poor, black, from intense family dysfunction with abuse/addiction within the family, high numbers of sexual abuse, LGBTQ, suffering from addiction and/or other mental health disorder themselves.

She fit the family dysfunction/abuse demographic so that alone made her at high risk of being preyed upon in that manner.

It's a special kind of evil, isn't it, when someone specifically preys on a child already weakened and vulnerable by abuse? But they know that's easier prey. Like a lion going after a disabled or elderly or hurt or super young animal, as they can't fight as well as one more "fit".

From Court Doc: "Her adoptive father, KV told Rogers, had threatened to kill her if she disclosed the sexual assaults. While she told her mother about the rapes, KV’s mother took no action, either because she couldn’t or, perhaps, because she didn’t want to believe KV. Desperate, KV asked Rogers to help her."

I cannot see anything in the currently released text-conversation, between SLP and BR. Will we see that? Is it even there? And why, if they were painting this narrative, why didn't they know about BR raping SLP? Did BR forget to tell his defense team? How does that work? And if he did tell his defense team? I have no words right now that are suitable for publication!

As someone said to me, maybe it is from the sealed letter, etc. or things we have not heard nor seen yet with regard to threatening to kill her, telling her mother, etc.

While it does look like BR was with a 14 year old sexually (rape), I do want to see or hear the evidence of that. If so, he hung himself with that, no argument there. I find out something new all of the time in cases on here. I was always led to believe if a rape victim even showered, evidence of rape was gone. Now new tests say they can tell for up to weeks and days for sure. I think this is something the public should hear, I had no clue of that. It may deter some perps and it for sure will let some victims know proof can still be found after the fact and it is worth reporting.

Great point. With JC, most knew her face and that she was missing, a dog walker knew it was for real. With SP if she had left her home in TN and approached someone walking her dog, would LE believe her, did they know the family, etc., they had just moved there... Would she have ended up back home after LE talking to ma and pa, she has no evidence... Just thoughts...

I think that's a firm no. I've actually never heard of a child returned to the home when they actually admit to the abuse they've endured. Unless they later recant.

It's far easier to remove a child and keep them in the foster care system than it is to prosecute someone and yet people are prosecuted for sex crimes daily based on the word of a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carzytoaster