TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every scenario I think of only one fits to me. Her clothes and phones gone, telling me she packed.

Why bother with the phones if you are only going to shut them off anyway? It would strike me as unusual, unless somebody else forced them to be turned off. Again, the details are confusing and don't paint a cohesive picture.

Every scenario I think of only one fits to me. Her clothes and phones gone, telling me she packed.

I tend to agree with you. I think it is a high probability anyhow. Not saying I could not be wrong or she still could not have been naive and be in a situation she did not have a clue about.

Why bother with the phones if you are only going to shut them off anyway? It would strike me as unusual, unless somebody else forced them to be turned off. Again, the details are confusing and don't paint a cohesive picture.
Possible if she left willingly, she thought leaving the phones behind would provide clues to her whereabouts. Much of her phone info can still be gathered, but who knows...maybe something on there she wanted to hide.

Not sure why they wouldn't have been turned off immediately though and actually provided a clue in Kentucky.

Another thought - unless that was intentional to mislead location. JMO

I agree that that part is odd. Here is my speculation and I could be wrong. Kids tend to be higher tech than adults. But adults watch more cold cases, CSI and such things and know cell phones can ping. Kids live by and with their cells and may have no idea within a matter of hours someone would be able to do that...? Ping it...? Or it was an intentional throw-off as to route, etc... Or someone had your chargers but darn it you were taking your phones, all of your contacts, etc. One can find another charger... Just speculation...

They could very well suspect that but they aren’t telling us that ... the last ping seems to say that is exactly what happened.
I keep going by their expressions - deep pain in Dads eye -<modsnipped sleuthing family> This would explain what I perceive as Mom’s anger - (hard set to jaw) as well. Betrayal by someone they knew but LE insisting they remain quiet while investigating???
Good thoughts!

<modsnipped response to removed portion>

TIA...:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thought I had, SP is not old enough to have a job and therefore had no money to take with her. Who would have enough money for food, a place to sleep, gas for a car. I doubt that a young man (boy friend) would have enough to be doing this either. She/they must be somewhere that the people know who she is and is protective of her presence there.

I think she may have left voluntarily, thinking she was leaving with a trustworthy caring person, and going on a grand adventure. She packed and took both phones, thinking she could contact family later, assuring them she was fine, and she'd keep in touch....Then REALITY bit hard, and this 'friend' took the phones by force and everything changed?

Also, the 'friend' might have told her to take the sheet along because there was possible evidence of him being there visiting in earlier incidents?

Pruitt was last seen around 11 p.m. on Jan. 13 and was noticed missing around 4 a.m. the next morning. Fillyaw said there were no signs of a struggle and there hadn’t been any indication Pruitt wanted to run away.

“We’re at a dead end,” Fillyaw said. “The TBI and FBI are both assisting us with looking at traffic cameras and anywhere else a camera might be and the sheriff’s office in Corbin did search the area around a rest area at the state line, but we haven’t found anything.”

https://www.thedailytimes.com/news/...cle_9092849f-ccf6-56b1-a7d2-849f11f450ab.html

I think she may have left voluntarily, thinking she was leaving with a trustworthy caring person, and going on a grand adventure. She packed and took both phones, thinking she could contact family later, assuring them she was fine, and she'd keep in touch....Then REALITY bit hard, and this 'friend' took the phones by force and everything changed?

Also, the 'friend' might have told her to take the sheet along because there was possible evidence of him being there visiting in earlier incidents?

I just find it hard to believe this could have happened without her leaving a trace of some kind, whether on her phone or SM or whatever. They would have had to contact each other somehow. But so far nothing of that source seems to have been discovered. And she was new to the area and home schooled, so the chances of it being somebody local seems remote as well.
That's part of what makes this case so confusing.

I just find it hard to believe this could have happened without her leaving a trace of some kind, whether on her phone or SM or whatever. They would have had to contact each other somehow. But so far nothing of that source seems to have been discovered. And she was new to the area and home schooled, so the chances of it being somebody local seems remote as well.
That's part of what makes this case so confusing.

She had 2 phones. That increases the possibility that she also had a burner phone that LE knows nothing about.

And 14 yr olds have apps which are not always easy to trace. Things like KIK do not leave traces behind. It is live streaming then disappears instantly.

She was new to the area so I don't think it was someone from the new area, most likely. She had 4000 followers on her private instagram account. Someone could have sent her a snapchat link or something like that, or sent a cryptic message and they met in real life at some point?

Rumor is not allowed... There are two rumors that keep being floated through these pages:
1) the screen was sliced/cut
2) Savannah lived with a stepfather

Do not post these rumors unless a mainstream media link can be posted to substantiate these statements.

I am also seeing information brought here from the family's social media about professions and other tidbits of information. This is against TOS. Again unless a mainstream media link can be posted do not post info from the family's social media here.

She had 2 phones. That increases the possibility that she also had a burner phone that LE knows nothing about.

And 14 yr olds have apps which are not always easy to trace. Things like KIK do not leave traces behind. It is live streaming then disappears instantly.

She was new to the area so I don't think it was someone from the new area, most likely. She had 4000 followers on her private instagram account. Someone could have sent her a snapchat link or something like that, or sent a cryptic message and they met in real life at some point?

I always get a bit of a kick from fb remarks. kids forums or their first ones are not fb. i cannot even keep up, do not get me wrong, but to them fb is old school. i have no reason to know but i know that much. i am on political forums on fb where people hope to get the younger set. give me a break, even if they joined, it is not their first priority, even in their 20s, or where they spend their time or focus, neither the platform, nor the issue. it is an account to appease mom or aunts or grandma/grandpa, or they are up all night and no one is on their other places so they may get on it out of sheer boredom...

so yes, i so agree with your remark. it fits.

Somewhere it has been reported that she had 4000 followers on Instagram? Is there a link for that. That's certainly a lot of followers for anyone, IMO

BBM
this is what i am thinking as well but after Jayme, who can even predict what may have happened? I remember all of the early speculation in that case and very few had the correct outcome IMO.
I was one of the few who thought Jayme's case was a home invasion. It fit with the Groene and Smart family cases.

This doesn't fit that scenario at all, thank God. That would be awful if her family had been killed like the other three young ladies above.

There's just too much to this that doesn't add up. I'm torn on a few things, but one thing I feel in my heart- <modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members