TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police say so far, there's no evidence she's in direct danger.

FBI joins in multi-state search for missing Tennessee teen

This current link below shows the parents and the siblings in an interview by WATE news (Knoxville ABC affiliate). The parents really do seem clueless about what has happened to Savannah, and address some of the criticism, including the using past tense phrasing in the press conference Friday. (You need to watch the vid, since the corresponding written story doesn’t match).

New details emerge in search for missing Monroe County teen

Her laptop and hair brush have both been taken by LE, the brush for DNA.

I think the reporter in the video said the laptop has been given back to the family.

All of this makes me think she was abducted by someone familiar to her, hence the statements from law enforcement she is not in direct danger... I guess?

But then why not just put out a BOLO for the suspect? I am not sure what the rules are for minors, if she was taken or left willingly with another minor, so that could be it.

Wow, just watched the video of her parents. It's heartbreaking. I hope LE checked out that sex offender next door. He would have seen her out in their yard, etc.
Is he missing, though? So far, LE, the FBI, etc have not mentioned him in any capacity. I would think that they would have him front and center if they thought she was taken by him. Also, small town rumors travel fast.

Wow, just watched the video of her parents. It's heartbreaking. I hope LE checked out that sex offender next door. He would have seen her out in their yard, etc.
With Sheriff, TBI, and FBI all involved in this missing person investigation, I think we can be assured that all RSO in the area were addressed weeks ago. MOO

Who's KB? Boy, I am missing a few things here!

Another missing person, a woman, Amanda Bailey. She is missing from KY.

I guess what’s troubling to me, in thinking about both completely different cases, is the extreme cold going on right now, even in the south, and AB is considered missing and endangered because of it. But I am not seeing that Savannah is considered endangered. One link could convince me differently though. :confused:

It’s all so confusing, which makes me think while there is nothing firm to rule it in, the evidence compiled by those in charge is pointing to a runaway situation with Savannah, but they can’t be for sure.

That's interesting- her hair brush taken for DNA. I suppose they would do that if they suspect foul play, but where they're saying right now that she isn't endangered, makes me wonder about this.

They might need SP's DNA for comparing to DNA samples recovered.... Maybe the windowsill? IMO if she went out that window, she may have had help. We really do not know enough of the investigating details. So, she is just missing.

They might need SP's DNA for comparing to DNA samples recovered.... Maybe the windowsill? IMO if she went out that window, she may have had help. We really do not know enough of the investigating details. So, she is just missing.
DNA samples for something. Or just in case. I think her DNA being on the windowsill wouldn't prove or disprove anything since it was her bedroom. Unless there was blood. JMO

I know we’re not supposed to put too much stock in social media, but Savannah’s Facebook accounts really do give me pause. Something isn’t right.

On her older FB account, the list of pages she “likes” includes “Investigation Discovery,” “Grew Up in the ‘70s and ‘80s” and “Women Living Well.” Odd choices for a 14-year-old girl.

She also has two pages, “Savannah’s Photography” and “Savannah’s New Photography,” the latter of which appears to have been created on January 8. Savannah’s Photography (the older page, which still was only created a few months ago) includes a photo of two dogs snuggling with the caption, “When ur hubby wants to keep u warm have a nice day y’all ”

There’s just been a whole lot of social media activity recently, and some of it seems unusual for a girl her age. To say nothing of the intro quote about her parents. It seems incongruous for a teenager to be so un-self-consciously, almost excessively sweet toward her parents, yet on her photography page her dad is imploring her to come home, insinuating that she’s run away. If my kid was as sweet and innocent as her social media makes her seem, and as they indicated during the press conference (Mom was dismissing everything like boyfriends etc. before the reporter could even get the words out), I would assume she’d been kidnapped.

As others have mentioned, I’d be curious to know when anyone outside of the family last saw her. The timing of the move and the homeschooling raise some questions. And the past tense thing bothered me from the very beginning, and they didn’t give a real explanation for it in the subsequent interview. It’s a very strange situation.

Police say so far, there's no evidence she's in direct danger.

FBI joins in multi-state search for missing Tennessee teen

This current link below shows the parents and the siblings in an interview by WATE news (Knoxville ABC affiliate). The parents really do seem clueless about what has happened to Savannah, and address some of the criticism, including the using past tense phrasing in the press conference Friday. (You need to watch the vid, since the corresponding written story doesn’t match).

“Their main focus was her bedroom. On her wall, a handwritten chore-list for her working the family's farm, which has horses, pigs, ducks and dogs. Savannah took care of the animals she loved.”

So... they have dogs. But barking either didn’t happen, or wasn’t loud enough to wake 1 of 5 people still at the house.

Parents also mention the amount of online criticism is hard to stomach. They are trying to find their daughter!

I know we’re not supposed to put too much stock in social media, but Savannah’s Facebook accounts really do give me pause. Something isn’t right.

On her older FB account, the list of pages she “likes” includes “Investigation Discovery,” “Grew Up in the ‘70s and ‘80s” and “Women Living Well.” Odd choices for a 14-year-old girl.

She also has two pages, “Savannah’s Photography” and “Savannah’s New Photography,” the latter of which appears to have been created on January 8. Savannah’s Photography (the older page, which still was only created a few months ago) includes a photo of two dogs snuggling with the caption, “When ur hubby wants to keep u warm have a nice day y’all ”

There’s just been a whole lot of social media activity recently, and some of it seems unusual for a girl her age. To say nothing of the intro quote about her parents. It seems incongruous for a teenager to be so un-self-consciously, almost excessively sweet toward her parents, yet on her photography page her dad is imploring her to come home, insinuating that she’s run away. If my kid was as sweet and innocent as her social media makes her seem, and as they indicated during the press conference (Mom was dismissing everything like boyfriends etc. before the reporter could even get the words out), I would assume she’d been kidnapped.

As others have mentioned, I’d be curious to know when anyone outside of the family last saw her. The timing of the move and the homeschooling raise some questions. And the past tense thing bothered me from the very beginning, and they didn’t give a real explanation for it in the subsequent interview. It’s a very strange situation.

IMO, she was posting for her parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members