TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Their main focus was her bedroom. On her wall, a handwritten chore-list for her working the family's farm, which has horses, pigs, ducks and dogs. Savannah took care of the animals she loved.”

So... they have dogs. But barking either didn’t happen, or wasn’t loud enough to wake 1 of 5 people still at the house.

Parents also mention the amount of online criticism is hard to stomach. They are trying to find their daughter!

I agree. It’s such a hard case, but glad for all the attention it is getting. There is always a story behind the story, and nobody’s kid is perfect. It’s a waiting game, and I will say, with more information, my opinion could change. ;)

I know we’re not supposed to put too much stock in social media, but Savannah’s Facebook accounts really do give me pause. Something isn’t right.

On her older FB account, the list of pages she “likes” includes “Investigation Discovery,” “Grew Up in the ‘70s and ‘80s” and “Women Living Well.” Odd choices for a 14-year-old girl.

She also has two pages, “Savannah’s Photography” and “Savannah’s New Photography,” the latter of which appears to have been created on January 8. Savannah’s Photography (the older page, which still was only created a few months ago) includes a photo of two dogs snuggling with the caption, “When ur hubby wants to keep u warm have a nice day y’all ”

There’s just been a whole lot of social media activity recently, and some of it seems unusual for a girl her age. To say nothing of the intro quote about her parents. It seems incongruous for a teenager to be so un-self-consciously, almost excessively sweet toward her parents, yet on her photography page her dad is imploring her to come home, insinuating that she’s run away. If my kid was as sweet and innocent as her social media makes her seem, and as they indicated during the press conference (Mom was dismissing everything like boyfriends etc. before the reporter could even get the words out), I would assume she’d been kidnapped.

As others have mentioned, I’d be curious to know when anyone outside of the family last saw her. The timing of the move and the homeschooling raise some questions. And the past tense thing bothered me from the very beginning, and they didn’t give a real explanation for it in the subsequent interview. It’s a very strange situation.

Maybe... her posts do seem really sweet, but not knowing her, maybe that is the way she is, or wanted to be seen. For most, social media is a place to show your best side, and why filters on pics are used.

I know some have mistaken the filters for make up.

I could see where some might think her FB account was hijacked, to be fair.

In my experience girls KNOW far more than the BOYS about pings and trackers.
If SP has 4000 Instagram followers per Zecats- I expect she is informed. She appears to be on all the SM sites, so I don’t see parents rules as being the issue.
Which leaves us with the question was her boyfriend a good guy or a bad guy???
I wonder if she left her phone chargers?
But WHY bring phones at all and leave them on until you reach a certain destination? That bothers me ... did they just realize at that point they could be tracked?
It doesn’t seem very well planned out, which could simply be indicative of age.
Did she have any money? Did she take any money? If not, that would say a lot about the person she left with ... imo.

Maybe she brought them so her parents wouldn't find them and look at things in her phone.

Another missing person, a woman, Amanda Bailey. She is missing from KY.

I guess what’s troubling to me, in thinking about both completely different cases, is the extreme cold going on right now, even in the south, and AB is considered missing and endangered because of it. But I am not seeing that Savannah is considered endangered. One link could convince me differently though. :confused:

It’s all so confusing, which makes me think while there is nothing firm to rule it in, the evidence compiled by those in charge is pointing to a runaway situation with Savannah, but they can’t be for sure.
You know- you are right. One case, AB, is considered missing an endangered because of the weather- how do they know Savannah isn't in a similar situation? I realize she's been gone for a couple of weeks, but not knowing where she is, if she is eating, drinking water, has a roof over her head- why isn't she considered endangered?

Or maybe her mother also used her account? I know couples who do that.
MOO
Or maybe the parents monitored her Facebook accounts. That's a responsible thing for parents to do these days. Her posts would then most likely be tame and possibly flattering to parents. IMO

Her friend choices include many adults and people who run businesses. I agree it is strange for a 14 year old.

I do agree with many above posters that teens these days don't use Facebook so much with each other. In fact, my nieces, who are in their 20's, have mainly switched to Instagram instead. I assume she had Instagram and/or Snapchat, though I've not seen it verified.

I was one of the few who thought Jayme's case was a home invasion. It fit with the Groene and Smart family cases.

This doesn't fit that scenario at all, thank God. That would be awful if her family had been killed like the other three young ladies above.

There's just too much to this that doesn't add up. I'm torn on a few things, but one thing I feel in my heart- <modsnipped>

I can't believe only a few thought that! It WAS a home invasion! Wasn't that clear?

Here even if someone broke in and took her it wasn't a "home invasion". Right? No people killed or tied up or threatened while someone was taken.

Help me out here. The mother’s words stated on her own FB post are considered rumor?

We don't allow FB comments from anyone's accounts, except for the victim's.

Even the parents or spouses etc. And the reason is that you never know how true any of it turns out to be. You never know who is involved, who is covering for someone involved, who has a hidden agenda, etc etc. So this blanket rule prevents all kinds of unverifiable stuff from flooding the threads and causing massive confusion.

Some recent examples--- in the Kelsey Berreth missing person case, her aunt stated some things on FB, and then even came here as a VI, and made some statements, about where KB was supposedly headed, and why no one had heard from her. We all accepted it as gospel. But it turns out that she was misinformed by her nieces boyfriend, who has since been arrested for murder. o_O

I know we’re not supposed to put too much stock in social media, but Savannah’s Facebook accounts really do give me pause. Something isn’t right.

On her older FB account, the list of pages she “likes” includes “Investigation Discovery,” “Grew Up in the ‘70s and ‘80s” and “Women Living Well.” Odd choices for a 14-year-old girl.

She also has two pages, “Savannah’s Photography” and “Savannah’s New Photography,” the latter of which appears to have been created on January 8. Savannah’s Photography (the older page, which still was only created a few months ago) includes a photo of two dogs snuggling with the caption, “When ur hubby wants to keep u warm have a nice day y’all ”

There’s just been a whole lot of social media activity recently, and some of it seems unusual for a girl her age. To say nothing of the intro quote about her parents. It seems incongruous for a teenager to be so un-self-consciously, almost excessively sweet toward her parents, yet on her photography page her dad is imploring her to come home, insinuating that she’s run away. If my kid was as sweet and innocent as her social media makes her seem, and as they indicated during the press conference (Mom was dismissing everything like boyfriends etc. before the reporter could even get the words out), I would assume she’d been kidnapped.

As others have mentioned, I’d be curious to know when anyone outside of the family last saw her. The timing of the move and the homeschooling raise some questions. And the past tense thing bothered me from the very beginning, and they didn’t give a real explanation for it in the subsequent interview. It’s a very strange situation.
Her mom actually said she was very hurt by people's criticism of her using past tense, and it appears that she is being very careful about it now.
I really don't think it means anything.
Mollie Tibbetts mom did the same thing, and she actually believed she was alive.
As for the social media comments, I know a lot of teenagers write about being in college, or being married or having a career, to ward off predators who may be viewing what they post. They don't want strangers to know their age. So it might be the reason for those comments. Imo

....SIGH....:(

Watching the Knoxville news video again, and there does seem to be a lot of attention on the window, as well as a pan of a well made up bed. Everything looks pristine in that room. Not sure what to make of it, other than it’s a capture of another bedroom (thinking about the stories of the bedsheets being missing from Savannah’s bed) or the sheets missing is a misleading clue.

Link to the video interview from the 6:00 news tonight.

New details emerge in search for missing Monroe County teen

“Their main focus was her bedroom. On her wall, a handwritten chore-list for her working the family's farm, which has horses, pigs, ducks and dogs. Savannah took care of the animals she loved.”

So... they have dogs. But barking either didn’t happen, or wasn’t loud enough to wake 1 of 5 people still at the house.

Parents also mention the amount of online criticism is hard to stomach. They are trying to find their daughter!

The dog thing really surprises me. I have a lot of relatives with farms and ranches. They always have dogs. And the dogs are expected to roam the yard and the perimeter to protect things. Farm animals are vulnerable to predators, and farm equipment is vulnerable to human predators. Nope, I never would have considered sneaking up on my aunt and uncles farms late at night with their roving farm dogs.

I wonder what kind of dogs they have.

Dogs? As in, plural?

That's interesting- her hair brush taken for DNA. I suppose they would do that if they suspect foul play, but where they're saying right now that she isn't endangered, makes me wonder about this.
In Tennessee, it is state law for missing persons to be entered into NAMUS and that they have as much information added to NAMUS as possible including DNA if available.

OK so.. this investigation is bugging me. I have the highest regard for LE, & really want to give the benefit of the doubt when I know so few details.

HOWEVER... the lack of urgency, or the sloooooow steps to create urgency, is really frustrating. For now. If this thing turns out like we all hope it won’t, It’ll be an outrage.

In the first PR, I had to strain to hear the sheriff & officer identify themselves- in fact replaying & I still couldn’t catch it. So after visiting the
Monroe County PD (Madisonville) website, I’m wondering why Sheriff Tommy Jones passed the bulk of the presser to Detective Jason Fillyaw, (from the criminal investigations division btw) who appeared, at best, IMHO, uncomfortable & reluctant. We’ve got a 14 yo girl missing in cold weather, with cellphones pinging in another state. I know this family is new to the area, and apparently no clearcut signs of foul play, but WHAT WILL IT TAKE for this department to put some pep in their step and err on the side of caution & say ENDANGERED! Thank God FBI is now there. I’m glad for the surge in MSM attention- not just for Savannah & her family’s sake, but to light a fire under this department’s you-know-whats.
Criminal Investigation Division

Dogs? As in, plural?

Yes... great looking dogs. They even are visiting the investigators. You must watch the vid, Steelslady.

https://www.wate.com/news/tennessee/new-details-emerge-in-search-for-missing-monroe-county-teen/173885204

It did give me a different perspective, but I do always try to keep this Jane Austin quote in mind when looking at anything in life:

Seldom, very seldom, does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised, or a little mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marziaforevercherry