TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know- I finally gave up with my thoughts on Jayme's case, because so many were convinced otherwise.

There was that poor lady in NC- I am sure everyone remembers from last year- terrible home invasion by a monster who not only beat the poor woman up and sexually abused her, he also kidnapped her four year old girl, who was thankfully found by two heroes. So many people kept saying it was an ex, the kids weren't all her husbands, it was a lover, etc etc etc- and I felt it was a terrible home invasion. Most were kind but shrugged me off until it became clear that is exactly what it was. People are still convinced that Jayme knew this kid! So frustrating, but glad that she is safe.

I hope Savannah is safe and warm and realizes her family loves and misses her. If she is no longer with us, then I pray that whatever happened to her, that justice will be served.

I so want to believe a run away story right now, I really do. My heart tells me no, and I pray I am wrong!

Good post. I am with you on Jayme's case. I was firmly of the opinion that it was a home invasion. It seemed obvious. Where I missed what I didn't think Jayme was targeted, and it turned out that she was.

And you give great reasons why this site is victim-friendly. Nobody not in the situation knows every detail, so don't assume the guilty is something if it hasn't been stated.

I, too, worry about SP, especially in this weather. My opinions on this case have changed a little since I first heard about it, but there are still so many seemingly conflicting details!

Oops, sorry for the duplicate posts. That last photo of Savannah looks like it was taken at a rest stop-- I wonder where it was taken? It was one that they held up at the press conference. It's appears to be from the fall time due to the leaves in the background, so I don't think it is recent. It struck me as an interesting coincidence that her phones last pinged near a rest stop/welcome center in Kentucky and they used a photo of her at a rest stop. I wonder if her family took a lot of road trips?

MOO.

The second photo is clearly a cut screen.

I can't quite tell if there is cut screen or if it is a reflection. I was thinking it would be easy to climb in and out of that window though. A light person could possibly stand on the hose bib cover briefly. And her headboard blocks part of the window-- it would be easy to hold on to the headboard to pull yourself up into the window or to steady yourself while climbing out.

MOO.

I am thinking that if I was a runaway/boyfriend scenario she would be as stealth as could be. I understand grabbing both phones, but not closing the window after escaping?
I'm not sure she could have reached it.
I wonder how tall that guy is taking the photo of her window. Can you find out?
:p MOO

IIRC, they have family in TN. My hunch from a few things I've read is that they wanted to get out of the city and be closer to family. Here's one statement:

"She had always requested the farm life -- is all we had ever heard since she was a little girl. She wanted horses and ducks and chickens. ... We just now were able to do that, leaving the city behind," he said.
Missing Tennessee teen's cellphones pinged nearly 140 miles from home in another state: Police

This is my daughters dream as well. I sent her the zillow link and she said the only reason she would leave is to protect someone. If a friend was in a bad situation and needed her help. Or if someone threatened to hurt her animals or family if she didn't go with them.

Other than that she said she'd be in heaven living there. It would also take a lot for her to leave her animals (2 cats, 2 dogs and 3 horses, but she vastly prefers them to humans.)

Been following along but first time commenting on this thread. Much of what has been said about Savannah's personality reminds me of myself at that age, so I wanted to share a few things that haven't been considered. I'm a farm girl through and through and I've raised 3 raccoons and later turned them loose once they reached breeding age. I can't even count how many birds, field mice, pigs, goats etc. I brought in the house and nursed back to health. I loved the outdoors no matter the weather. The barn was one of my favorite places, I spent more time in the barn than in the house no matter how cold it was. The barn was actually where I met my close childhood friend. Our parents didn't know about it for weeks. Fortunately for me, my friend, a boy, was a good boy. So I could see how Savannah could've made friends with someone without anyone knowing and no electronic trail.

I also had a tendency to bring home human, "injured" strays as well. Is it possible she met someone, male or female who took advantage of her nature? Maybe the sheets and clothes were for a friend who needed to run away for safety, then once she snuck outside, she was abducted? I know this sounds pretty far fetched but nothing is adding up from what we've learned so far IMO.

I agree on the barn. My daughter would move in! The protecting a friend/family/animal is the only reason my daughter would leave that paradise.

I’d like to know why the mom was checking on her daughter at 4:30 am. Maybe she just happened to pass the bedroom on the way to the bathroom or something, and felt a draft from the open window. But I’d like to know how the discovery came about.

On a farm 4:30-5am isn't an unusual wake up time. That is the time all of the farm families I know wake up.

I hope LE checked this person out. That is really close.

That RSO is literally the first place they would go. Promise.

Even though they are home schooled at least one of the parents would have had to work. They may have had to get up early and complete the farm chores while both parents were home to assist. Just trying to come up with an explanation. Then again, my 9 year old son gets up regularly around 4 to play Fortnight.

Yes perhaps Dad had to be to work early? Maybe they all got up before he left to get the heavy lifting chores done so when Dad got home he could relax?

I agree. I think they know who she is with & feel confident the person won’t harm S. IMO, the person is well known to the family & maybe live near them, prior to their move to TN. Jmo moo, etc.

I think they have suspicions but I don't think they are sure on either point. I don't think they've verified who she's with and I definitely don't think they are sure they won't hurt her.

Not at all. I thought you had great points and hope I made that clear.

I have not followed enough cases recently but am surprised I guess at the lack of info shared in the past few. It used to be I thought they put out anything they had as far as finding a child. I guess that still throws me.

Yet doing that does not always end up well. In Hania's case, they had a vehicle, video, etc. and it did not have a good outcome. Yet Jayme did.

So who knows? I would hate to be in those shoes where the decision could affect things either way for better or for worse.

I guess I struggle to understand it as with what you said, sometimes, many facts are provided, and then another time, they are not. Just the average person trying to get why that is in each case and how it can vary.

Different law enforcement for starters. They all do things differently. Then, each case is different, they just do what they believe is best.

Why bother with the phones if you are only going to shut them off anyway? It would strike me as unusual, unless somebody else forced them to be turned off. Again, the details are confusing and don't paint a cohesive picture.

Yes, or if an abductor made her grab them to make it look like she ran away. I would think the laptop would be gone too if they were taken to hide something.

She had 2 phones. That increases the possibility that she also had a burner phone that LE knows nothing about.

And 14 yr olds have apps which are not always easy to trace. Things like KIK do not leave traces behind. It is live streaming then disappears instantly.

She was new to the area so I don't think it was someone from the new area, most likely. She had 4000 followers on her private instagram account. Someone could have sent her a snapchat link or something like that, or sent a cryptic message and they met in real life at some point?

I have not found an instagram, link?

And again, as mentioned several times, if someone abducted her they would have to know exactly where both her house and windows were.

I wanted to add to the list of movers, delivery/mail persons, realtors/agents, gardeners/landscapers/friends, etc also the following :

Plumbers
Electricians
Carpet installation
Internet/phoneinstallation
Cable installation
Appliance work
Handymen
Etc etc

Basically anyone and everyone that could have come in the house since they moved there in December. Of course LE would ask about this.

Yes, though this isn't my suspicion it's certainly possible. Elizabeth Smart.

In Tennessee, it is state law for missing persons to be entered into NAMUS and that they have as much information added to NAMUS as possible including DNA if available.

Yes, this. Getting DNA and dental records from the family is standard. I am a tad surprised that they took the hairbrush and not the toothbrush. With 4 kids hairbrushes may get shared but toothbrush is unlikely.

I googled Great Pyrenees and this is what I found. Look at the last sentence.
Pyrs bark! They bark more than other dogs and this is why they may not do well in tight-knit communities. According to Indy Great Pyrenees Rescue, "Asking a Pry not to bark, is like asking a fish not to swim. Pyrs are bred to bark to keep potential animal and human intruders away

Not as puppies though. Puppies don't protect yet.

Do they really look that young?

Yes, they do. GP are very big. Like Newfoundlands (avalanche dogs) or Saint Bernards (Beethoven.)

I am thinking that if I was a runaway/boyfriend scenario she would be as stealth as could be. I understand grabbing both phones, but not closing the window after escaping?

Unless it wasn't that easy to close? Or she couldn't quite reach from outside.

I can't quite tell if there is cut screen or if it is a reflection. I was thinking it would be easy to climb in and out of that window though. A light person could possibly stand on the hose bib cover briefly. And her headboard blocks part of the window-- it would be easy to hold on to the headboard to pull yourself up into the window or to steady yourself while climbing out.

MOO.
Plus what looks like sheets covering the window. Since they recently moved in, something temporary could have been hung until curtains were measured for and selected. I'd say maybe the sheets taken were from the window...but they are still there in the photo.

Oops, sorry for the duplicate posts. That last photo of Savannah looks like it was taken at a rest stop-- I wonder where it was taken? It was one that they held up at the press conference. It's appears to be from the fall time due to the leaves in the background, so I don't think it is recent. It struck me as an interesting coincidence that her phones last pinged near a rest stop/welcome center in Kentucky and they used a photo of her at a rest stop. I wonder if her family took a lot of road trips?

MOO.

Or if she accompanied someone who's a truck driver? I did that with my Aunt, it was awesome to travel! I only see semis there, no passenger cars. I guess it could be elsewhere though.

It could also be from a trip while moving. I know they moved in December and it's not then. Maybe they made a trip to look at houses first in the fall?

This is my daughters dream as well. I sent her the zillow link and she said the only reason she would leave is to protect someone. If a friend was in a bad situation and needed her help. Or if someone threatened to hurt her animals or family if she didn't go with them.

Other than that she said she'd be in heaven living there. It would also take a lot for her to leave her animals (2 cats, 2 dogs and 3 horses, but she vastly prefers them to humans.)

I agree on the barn. My daughter would move in! The protecting a friend/family/animal is the only reason my daughter would leave that paradise.

On a farm 4:30-5am isn't an unusual wake up time. That is the time all of the farm families I know wake up.

Yes perhaps Dad had to be to work early? Maybe they all got up before he left to get the heavy lifting chores done so when Dad got home he could relax?

I think they have suspicions but I don't think they are sure on either point. I don't think they've verified who she's with and I definitely don't think they are sure they won't hurt her.

Different law enforcement for starters. They all do things differently. Then, each case is different, they just do what they believe is best.

Yes, or if an abductor made her grab them to make it look like she ran away. I would think the laptop would be gone too if they were taken to hide something.

Yes, this. Getting DNA and dental records from the family is standard. I am a tad surprised that they took the hairbrush and not the toothbrush. With 4 kids hairbrushes may get shared but toothbrush is unlikely.

Yes, they do. GP are very big. Like Newfoundlands (avalanche dogs) or Saint Bernards (Beethoven.)

BBM. Now if she took her toothbrush, it wouldn't be available for DNA testing. And that would be even more telling. JMO

No, there was not a delay in reporting her missing. She went missing on Jan 13 and there are articles about her missing my Jan 15 (and maybe some that published sooner, but this was the first I found just now).

Authorities searching for missing 14-year-old girl from Madisonville
Even a two-day lag is a problem for me but ty for clearing that up.
What a mess! This is so disturbing that I cringe reading the thread.
She is really quite beautiful and lovely, it would be hard not to notice her. I can only find a few reasons in my mind why her sheets would bemissing but t

Thanks for the still shots! I assume the bed is Savannah's? If so and again assuming no one touched it after discovering her missing then does it mean she hadn't slept in it on the night of the 13th?

JMOO but the large patterned pillow being a little off to the side might imply she had been up and leaning against it earlier. What I can't figure is what that means, like did she not go to sleep at all that night or did she wake at some point, make her bed then leave? I just don't know.

I agree with everything you said. My gut feeling is even if she left willingly, she would've come home by now if she could.

I'm not sure she could have reached it.

I wonder how tall that guy is taking the photo of her window. Can you find out?
:p MOO

Lol, I was actually trying to figure it out! But then I realized it's a different guy standing with the puppies (we could guestimate his height based on avg Pyrenees puppy height) and there is not a standard height for hose bib installation either (it depends on the house's plumbing and foundation). So, no I can't sleuth out the LEO's height with this limited info. :D

Thanks for the still shots! I assume the bed is Savannah's? If so and again assuming no one touched it after discovering her missing then does it mean she hadn't slept in it on the night of the 13th?

JMOO but the large patterned pillow being a little off to the side might imply she had been up and leaning against it earlier. What I can't figure is what that means, like did she not go to sleep at all that night or did she wake at some point, make her bed then leave? I just don't know.

Yes that is her room and her bed. I don't know if that is how she left her bed or if her family made the bed after she left. It seems very odd to me if somebody took her sheets but then neatly put the quilt and pillows back on her bed. It seems to be a double or queen-- large enough for two pillows anyway. She might sleep on one side and leave the decorative pillow propped on the other side. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yurchenko