TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at this photo that Gardner uploaded ealrier - to me, that looks like a standard 30in window with panes. Like this one: https://www.lowes.com/pd/JELD-WEN-V...MIvuKciJSX4AIVCYZpCh1dCADmEAQYAiABEgK6TvD_BwE

In the photo you can see where the screen is torn. While Savannah is small, I am not sure she could (easily) go through the window because of the grilles (the vertical and horizontal dividers in the window). And I think its an even longer shot that if (God forbid) she was wrapped up in a sheet, that she went out that window. I just don't see it happening unless she was absolutely willing to squeeze through under her own power.

Am I under estimating how small a hole she could go through? Or is this possibly staged?

The grilles are snap in, attached to the glass, imo, if the window is open, they raise up with the window. IMO, she could easily go thru the window.
Did she actually leave thru the window? Idk. Maybe things were dropped outside via window & she left thru the door.

The grilles are snap in, attached to the glass, imo, if the window is open, they raise up with the window. IMO, she could easily go thru the window.
Did she actually leave thru the window? Idk. Maybe things were dropped outside via window & she left thru the door.
Yeah, after I posted that I figured that out. LOL Thats why I deleted it. LOL Its late here and apparently I am slow tonight.

I know we’re not supposed to put too much stock in social media, but Savannah’s Facebook accounts really do give me pause. Something isn’t right.

On her older FB account, the list of pages she “likes” includes “Investigation Discovery,” “Grew Up in the ‘70s and ‘80s” and “Women Living Well.” Odd choices for a 14-year-old girl.

She also has two pages, “Savannah’s Photography” and “Savannah’s New Photography,” the latter of which appears to have been created on January 8. Savannah’s Photography (the older page, which still was only created a few months ago) includes a photo of two dogs snuggling with the caption, “When ur hubby wants to keep u warm have a nice day y’all ”

There’s just been a whole lot of social media activity recently, and some of it seems unusual for a girl her age. To say nothing of the intro quote about her parents. It seems incongruous for a teenager to be so un-self-consciously, almost excessively sweet toward her parents, yet on her photography page her dad is imploring her to come home, insinuating that she’s run away. If my kid was as sweet and innocent as her social media makes her seem, and as they indicated during the press conference (Mom was dismissing everything like boyfriends etc. before the reporter could even get the words out), I would assume she’d been kidnapped.

As others have mentioned, I’d be curious to know when anyone outside of the family last saw her. The timing of the move and the homeschooling raise some questions. And the past tense thing bothered me from the very beginning, and they didn’t give a real explanation for it in the subsequent interview. It’s a very strange situation.
The past tense by the mother (more than once) in the first public video bothered me. The sheet being missing is definitely a red flag...who “runs away” with a sheet. The driveway is a mile long...pretty remote.<modsnipped against TOS>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, after I posted that I figured that out. LOL Thats why I deleted it. LOL Its late here and apparently I am slow tonight.

Lol. No prob. But, we still don’t know she left via window.
I guess if the doors have an alarm, thevfamilynknows. Otherwise, things could have been dropped from the window & she could have left thru a door.

Me too, I posted a post then the page lagged and when I logged back in there was my post unsent, egads. I hit post reply and it was cut off...sorry.

I hope she's okay, I also don't understand why they took a hairbrush vs a toothbrush. If they suspect something horrific occurred why is the mattress still there?
I'd like to know if there was a fight, argument or something
else going on.
I'm not at all comfortable w this entire thread, it's so cold out. Maybe once they moved in she felt like our daughter did: Isolated, lonely, and homesick. Where are her coat shoes purse bag and or backpack? Iow, what is missing what isn't?
Why didn't LE take her mattress? If there was a boyfriend, has he been ruled out, or is he accounted for?

I think a lot of the issues people are raising about verbiage can be explained. These parents remind me of my aunt and uncle. I believe normally this family may have their own quirks when talking. Their own phrases, maybe not ordering words quite the way others might and such. When you add the situation it's amazing they can talk coherently at all!

...well, there could be a reason. If someone was in her bed, prior to her going missing......., especislly if a person had premeditated his act.
Is it possible someone got in the home, earlier in the day & hid in a closet or under the bed? Maybe had a vehicle parked nearby, like in a field?
I'm sorry, but you really believe someone was in the house and no one heard a thing, did something to her on her bed, then left with her and the sheets?

Teenagers that run away don't take sheets with them. A blanket, maybe, if they're hanging out in the woods on a cold night, but sheets?

That is an up and down window.
I will also note that there are no obvious tool marks, scraping of the aluminum frame of the window itself, particularly at the bottom. While we can't see the top where the window lock would be, the screen appears undisturbed except where the rectangle was cut out. And one other observation is why remove the entire rectangle when three sides is enough and the screen can be moved to get through. If the screen portion was not found right there on the ground then I have serious questions about what happened there.

ETA: Changed the bolded part to Can't since it had the complete opposite meaning

Me too, I posted a post then the page lagged and when I logged back in there was my post unsent, egads. I hit post reply and it was cut off...sorry.

I hope she's okay, I also don't understand why they took a hairbrush vs a toothbrush. If they suspect something horrific occurred why is the mattress still there?
I'd like to know if there was a fight, argument or something
else going on.
I'm not at all comfortable w this entire thread, it's so cold out. Maybe once they moved in she felt like our daughter did: Isolated, lonely, and homesick. Where are her coat shoes purse bag and or backpack? Iow, what is missing what isn't?
Why didn't LE take her mattress? If there was a boyfriend, has he been ruled out, or is he accounted for?

I think her mattress is not evidence. Jmo

I think a lot of the issues people are raising about verbiage can be explained. These parents remind me of my aunt and uncle. I believe normally this family may have their own quirks when talking. Their own phrases, maybe not ordering words quite the way others might and such. When you add the situation it's amazing they can talk coherently at all!
Yeah, it’s always a dangerous proposition to pick apart the words and body language of people that you do not know.

Not everyone has the same way of speaking, and when you factor in what they are going through, and combine that with intense media attention, it’s probably unwise to read too much into it.

I'm sorry, but you really believe someone was in the house and no one heard a thing, did something to her on her bed, then left with her and the sheets?

Teenagers that run away don't take sheets with them. A blanket, maybe, if they're hanging out in the woods on a cold night, but sheets?

People are in houses all the time w/o anyone knowing. My niece prosecuted an east coast case that involved a perp living under the bed of the home owner (single woman).

It’s been suggested the sheets were window coverings, not bed linens. Idk.

You put a lot of thought into this ... and made me think ...
A stranger abduction would NOT have grabbed her phones - period. IMO. So that only leaves 2 scenarios IMO.

Unless he wanted them for false ping/red herring purposes, or to have her photos, contacts, etc. But then how would he know she has two phones? Maybe they were likely sitting on her nightstand or maybe one was in her bag, etc if she grabbed it.

Unless he wanted them for false ping/red herring purposes, or to have her photos, contacts, etc. But then how would he know she has two phones? Maybe they were likely sitting on her nightstand or maybe one was in her bag, etc if she grabbed it.
I doubt it. A stranger would almost certainly leave those phones, and that’s even if he knew they were there.

You want to get in and out, and you don’t want to bring anything with you that leaves a trail of breadcrumbs.

This doesn’t look like a stranger abduction to me.

I doubt it. A stranger would almost certainly leave those phones, and that’s even if he knew they were there.

You want to get in and out, and you don’t want to bring anything with you that leaves a trail of breadcrumbs.

This doesn’t look like a stranger abduction to me.
I'm with you there. The home sits on 20+ acres, the driveway is a mile long and there's 4 bedrooms. How does someone know which one is hers?

Having said that though, I don't think whoever she left with pulled into the driveway...

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members