TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have failed. The article I was thinking of says 1/26 and we know that's not right. :confused: We know they assisted in the review of those reports prior to the press conference on 1/25.

@margarita25, scratch 1/25 for FBI joining the investigation. I can't find an exact date. Hopefully, somebody will take pity on me and solve the mystery! :p
I'd say the TBI and FBI were involved at least by the 25th and probably before that because of the 2,000 pages of reports. Sheriff talked about those reports last Friday at the PC.
Fillyaw says the sheriff's office has reached out to all cell carriers and social media outlets to get a report on Savannah's phone activity. The report is an excess of "2,000 pages," which the sheriff's office says they have combed through along with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
Teen's bedroom window open day of disappearance

Last edited:
Well if you are going to run away and are trying to hide with someone you trust, why wouldn't you get a burner phone and not bring your phones that will be able to be pinged? Kids her age aren't stupid- they know more about these phones and how to hide things from their parents than we could ever imagine. They know about phone pings and GPS trackers.

Did she really think that she could bring her phones and use them? I doubt she was that naive.

Hmm. Good point.

OK so.. this investigation is bugging me. I have the highest regard for LE, & really want to give the benefit of the doubt when I know so few details.

HOWEVER... the lack of urgency, or the sloooooow steps to create urgency, is really frustrating. For now. If this thing turns out like we all hope it won’t, It’ll be an outrage.

In the first PR, I had to strain to hear the sheriff & officer identify themselves- in fact replaying & I still couldn’t catch it. So after visiting the
Monroe County PD (Madisonville) website, I’m wondering why Sheriff Tommy Jones passed the bulk of the presser to Detective Jason Fillyaw, (from the criminal investigations division btw) who appeared, at best, IMHO, uncomfortable & reluctant. We’ve got a 14 yo girl missing in cold weather, with cellphones pinging in another state. I know this family is new to the area, and apparently no clearcut signs of foul play, but WHAT WILL IT TAKE for this department to put some pep in their step and err on the side of caution & say ENDANGERED! Thank God FBI is now there. I’m glad for the surge in MSM attention- not just for Savannah & her family’s sake, but to light a fire under this department’s you-know-whats.
Criminal Investigation Division

Maybe because they feel to do so would endanger her further.

In a few cases now I've seen them say they have no reason to fear foul play or they don't think the missing person is endangered. Then it ends up untrue.

I'm betting it's a psych profile thing.

I agree, completely. My only hope this case will be solved is TBI and FBI being involved. Local LE is underwhelming, at best. Its obvious they are in over their heads.

Edited to add: maybe they aren't in over their heads. And maybe I am just ready for this child (yes, child) to be found. I want some urgency. Someone to stand on every corner and beg for clues, tips. How about some reward money to get someone to talk? Surely a business would love some PR. I just feel like everyone is sitting on their hands, hoping a clue falls from the sky. MOO

I don't think there's a chance that all these agencies are doing nothing. They're working their tails off. Likely with zero sleep, not time for family and crummy food.

Well if you are going to run away and are trying to hide with someone you trust, why wouldn't you get a burner phone and not bring your phones that will be able to be pinged? Kids her age aren't stupid- they know more about these phones and how to hide things from their parents than we could ever imagine. They know about phone pings and GPS trackers.

Did she really think that she could bring her phones and use them? I doubt she was that naive.

Well then that would leave intentionally leaving a trail. Because I do not see a stranger perp saying grab your two phones, it would have to be someone that knew she had two and knew where to find them or let her take what she wanted to take.

Whether she was that naive, I have no idea but I know of kids that are. They for instance know that a parent can put on tracking on their phone but believe if they turn it off, or location off, that they cannot be tracked. I would not be so sure they all know LE capabilities or expect that to happen, just parents' capabilities.

Hard to say. Because likewise, I cannot see a perp wanting two tracking devices with and on either. And I think it just as likely a stranger type perp would know they can be tracked.

So it is an intentional wrong trail and/or they figured by that early of the a.m. no one would be able to react fast enough yet and then they shut them off or it is someone that was totally clueless to it. Or someone else drove with the phones. She may have thought that early on she had some time to use them before she would be noticed missing.

Who knows, just speculation. None of the answers seem to fit perfectly to me. I think it more likely she took them with though.

If her phones were turned on and someone called them, even if she didn't answer would they ping? I ask because, it seems the logical thing for her mother to do when she found her gone from her bedroom would be to call her phone. This actually coincides with the ping in Kentucky and the phone being turned off. I wonder if SP saw who was calling and turned the phone off. Or, did she answer and then hang up and turn off. I wonder.

If her phones were turned on and someone called them, even if she didn't answer would they ping? I ask because, it seems the logical thing for her mother to do when she found her gone from her bedroom would be to call her phone. This actually coincides with the ping in Kentucky and the phone being turned off. I wonder if SP saw who was calling and turned the phone off. Or, did she answer and then hang up and turn off. I wonder.
Yes. Any time a cell phone makes or receives a call or text the phone gives up its location. So if one of her parents called or texted either of her phones that phone would give up its location.

Much earlier in the pages, I read this. I cannot recall if it was an assumption or a fact but yes, it was at least speculated that the family tried to call her phone, causing it to ping.

Yes. Any time a cell phone makes or receives a call or text the phone gives up its location. So if one of her parents called or texted either of her phones that phone would give up its location.
It sure makes a difference then as to who has the phone in their hand, if it was SP and she chose to not answer her mother and then turn off the phone, she must not want to be found. On the other hand, if it was some one who has her against her will, it is ominous.

I do not know if it means anything but in watching the one video, has it been mentioned she had a photo of a bride and an "i do", looked like a wedding collage or her dream wedding. So could there be someone she was quite serious about? On the other hand, girls can just have that dream at that age.

They or at least she also clearly was not entirely unpacked or moved in as shown by the box of clothing. The room while set up to sleep, etc. does not look lived in yet... To me anyhow.

With an allegedly cut screen, I worry for her safety. I however hope to no end she is with a bf or friend or family member and safe. If so, they need to make contact and simply negotiate her safe return without charges and explain. If they have reason to think this is a stranger abduction, this needs to go to a national level with an Amber Alert.

I feel in bed at 11 and up at 4:30 is somewhat strange. I mean do not get me wrong, people have their hours but even her "chore" list has the hour of 7 a.m. on it. I wonder if something woke the family up or the mother, etc. even if they did not realize something did. I have that happen all of the time. Or if they were concerned about something. I honestly at 4:30 a.m. would not be checking my teen daughter's room for her unless I had reason to be concerned. Yet it was a new home to them, a strange place, etc. so perhaps.

In no way meant to be accusatory towards the family, I just have learned in these cases, that information is held back. Did they hear a dog, a car, something...? Again that is around 5.5 hours of sleep tops. I do know some can live on that for sleep but you generally have your children in bed for longer than that... Especially if they have both hours of chores and school.

Seeing the window from the foundation up, no perp is going to just dive in that window nor step in without standing on something was one other thought I would add. Yet they have a long gravel driveway so driving in with a ladder in a truck or something seems odd too. And you are not going to take a girl and carry her and a ladder or some such thing...

The thing that scares me is even going somewhat willingly, she could have still fallen prey to the wrong person online or in the area.

I HOPE she is with a bf or someone she knows.

Praying she is found safe and soon.

Just my thoughts and own opinion.

It sure makes a difference then as to who has the phone in their hand, if it was SP and she chose to not answer her mother and then turn off the phone, she must not want to be found. On the other hand, if it was some one who has her against her will, it is ominous.

Maybe IF running away, she was not entirely concerned just a few hours in and did not worry about the phones on. Let mom and dad worry, don't answer, I am showing them, I ran away. Then maybe in checking online or somehow, she realized they called LE and that caused panic and realized she was being looked for?

Just a thought. I HOPE she is with someone she knows and who cares and it was just a youthful running away type of thing that got out of hand.

More and more as I read back over this thread I am leaning to a child who left intentionally with help from someone she trusted. Whether that trust was warranted, only she knows at this point. I believe it was an action she took from a place of emotion and immaturity and once she had left and reality set in (LE notification, seeing her name on posters everywhere etc.) she is now in a place of not wanting to face the uncertainty of her parents reaction to what she has done. And, whoever she is with may fear the repercussions of the law since she is only 14.
I always thought I knew where my sons were and who they were with when they were teenagers but we sit around together now ( they are all married etc.) and they tell me stories of what they were really up to and I am astonished. There can be a huge difference between how a teenager looks at their life and how the parents see it.

I am looking for any other media for this story ... but here is this one ...

BREAKING NEWS: Has FBI captured suspect in disappearance of Savannah Pruitt at Leitchfield gas station?

A law enforcement official said the development is related to missing teenager Savannah Leigh Pruitt, who was last seen by her parents at their Madisonville, Tennessee home between 11:00 and 11:30 on the night of January 13.​

(Another law enforcement source would only confirm that the FBI was in Leitchfield conducting an investigation that originated in Tennessee.)​

I would prefer to see other news sources since this story says this occurred last night. So this may be nothing.

More and more as I read back over this thread I am leaning to a child who left intentionally with help from someone she trusted. Whether that trust was warranted, only she knows at this point. I believe it was an action she took from a place of emotion and immaturity and once she had left and reality set in (LE notification, seeing her name on posters everywhere etc.) she is now in a place of not wanting to face the uncertainty of her parents reaction to what she has done. And, whoever she is with may fear the repercussions of the law since she is only 14.
I always thought I knew where my sons were and who they were with when they were teenagers but we sit around together now ( they are all married etc.) and they tell me stories of what they were really up to and I am astonished. There can be a huge difference between how a teenager looks at their life and how the parents see it.

I so agree with you here. And this is where I lean to and HOPE. To a teenager, they can be so savvy and yet so naive. Appearances are everything. Now she is in the news. In no way does that mean they should not look at a stranger abduction though because we could be so wrong. But the facts, the move, all of it when you read what we do know, just lends to a running away thing. And as you said, I just hope she is not trusting the wrong person.

It will not get any better, they need to just own up and face up if that is the case before the news gets bigger.

I am middle aged and we still tell my folks things they do not want to hear of what we did when we were young when they thought all was well and we were up to nothing. My own children have not started doing that to me yet. Not sure that I want them to :)

I am looking for any other media for this story ... but here is this one ...

BREAKING NEWS: Has FBI captured suspect in disappearance of Savannah Pruitt at Leitchfield gas station?

A law enforcement official said the development is related to missing teenager Savannah Leigh Pruitt, who was last seen by her parents at their Madisonville, Tennessee home between 11:00 and 11:30 on the night of January 13.​

(Another law enforcement source would only confirm that the FBI was in Leitchfield conducting an investigation that originated in Tennessee.)​

I would prefer to see other news sources since this story says this occurred last night. So this may be nothing.

Wow though. No mention of finding her. I agree it is odd if it happened at 6 last night no one else has reported. Like you, trying not to get too excited. Saw it in another case where supposedly something was going down that was not.

Much earlier in the pages, I read this. I cannot recall if it was an assumption or a fact but yes, it was at least speculated that the family tried to call her phone, causing it to ping.
I mentioned it a ways back. Here's an article to explain, but yes it will ping the nearest tower if receiving or making a call.

Cell Phone Analysis, Part 2 | Hendon Publishing

"The ability to ping a phone varies by cellular service provider. Verizon, for example, cannot ping a cell phone. The best they can do is provide the nearest cell tower, and only if the person is making / receiving a call or sending / receiving a text message. The person you are live tracking is only going to take one or two “wrong numbers” sent by you to make his / her cell phone hit a tower.

AT&T can ping their phones and they will do it for felonies and misdemeanors alike. Their result can be accurate to within 32 yards of the latitude /longitude. Sprint-Nextel calls a ping L-Site Data."

I mentioned it a ways back. Here's an article to explain, but yes it will ping the nearest tower if receiving or making a call.

Cell Phone Analysis, Part 2 | Hendon Publishing

"The ability to ping a phone varies by cellular service provider. Verizon, for example, cannot ping a cell phone. The best they can do is provide the nearest cell tower, and only if the person is making / receiving a call or sending / receiving a text message. The person you are live tracking is only going to take one or two “wrong numbers” sent by you to make his / her cell phone hit a tower.

AT&T can ping their phones and they will do it for felonies and misdemeanors alike. Their result can be accurate to within 32 yards of the latitude /longitude. Sprint-Nextel calls a ping L-Site Data."

Thank you. This is interesting. Verizon cannot for instance? Do we know for a fact whether the family tried to contact her or whether by then LE tried to track the phone(s)?

Wow though. No mention of finding her. I agree it is odd if it happened at 6 last night no one else has reported. Like you, trying not to get too excited. Saw it in another case where supposedly something was going down that was not.

Yet in that case it was online gossip where this is a news source saying they got it from an LE source.... So we can hope...

Thank you. This is interesting. Verizon cannot for instance? Do we know for a fact whether the family tried to contact her or whether by then LE tried to track the phone(s)?
I was basing it on the assumption that her phone pinged around the same time her family discovered her missing, and that therefore they attempted to contact her, thus causing the phones to ping.

Interesting that articles have said they both pinged. So either the phones have the same number and both rang at the same time, or someone tried both numbers. JMO

Last edited:

Also, if the phone communicated with any app running in the background it would have pinged. They've indicated the last ping, but did they indicate the history the morning she went missing? It might add a great deal of useful information.

I have changed course myself. Whereas initially I was concerned, the fact that they aren't considering her as endangered, as well as various other reasons, I now think the chances are that she left intentionally as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member