TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s say hypothetically FP did occur in the home and the sheets played a part in the disposal and/or contained blood evidence.

If one was going to stage runaway scene wouldn’t they replace the sheets?

No second set of sheets? Amazingly, obvious details like that are overlooked. Like shoes left behind. That's a common one. Who leaves their house barefoot? I know it happens. But not often.

So (still catching up as usual):

Tennessee: Home
Kentucky: Last ping
Georgia: Former residence
Missouri: ?

Need a visual to wrap my head around this:

Map_of_USA_showing_state_names.png

Let’s say hypothetically FP did occur in the home and the sheets played a part in the disposal and/or contained blood evidence.

If one was going to stage runaway scene wouldn’t they replace the sheets?
Yes, you would think so. They apparently left everything the way they found it. Staging would not include incriminating themselves, I would think.

I cannot think of one case, with missing bedding, that had a good outcome. And that's all I will say about that.

When was the last independent sighting of Savannah?

No second set of sheets? Amazingly, obvious details like that are overlooked. Like shoes left behind. That's a common one. Who leaves their house barefoot? I know it happens. But not often.
Her not having shoes on really bothers me. Who would leave their house and take clothes and sheets but no shoes? That makes me think she did not leave willingly as in terms of running away from home. I think someone took her against her will or something much worse occured. I just don't see anyone leaving without shoes. Doesn't make sense especially if it was cold out.

Two week delay?
There was no delay. She was found missing the morning of Jan 14, her parents searched the house and then called police.
Maybe she was homesick and made arrangements with someone back home to come and get her? Could she have snuck out, met them at the end of the driveway, got in a car, and then something went wrong? Didn't the phone ping somewhere near her old home?
Maybe she did run away and is hiding out somewhere? Imo
Her phone pinged in Kentucky (north of TN) and her former residence was in Georgia (south of TN).
I took that to mean "at heart" as in because they didn't actually live on a farm till recently. Now that they moved she's now a true farm girl.
That makes sense, thank you! :)

Does anybody know what would have had to transpire to add another state into the investigation? Would there be indication that her other phone pinged there or perhaps tipsters are reporting possible sightings of her in these other states?

Her not having shoes on really bothers me. Who would leave their house and take clothes and sheets but no shoes? That makes me think she did not leave willingly as in terms of running away from home. I think someone took her against her will or something much worse occured. I just don't see anyone leaving without shoes. Doesn't make sense especially if it was cold out.

I don't think the shoes have been mentioned at all, have they? I can't remember them saying that the shoes were still there or that they were missing. I think the OP was merely speculating that when staging a scene, shoes are often overlooked.

Does anybody know what would have had to transpire to add another state into the investigation? Would there be indication that her other phone pinged there or perhaps tipsters are reporting possible sightings of her in these other states?

Unknown. Maybe there is a close family member living in another state that they are keeping in mind as a possible destination? I remember in the Mollie Tibbetts case, Arizona (or was it Utah?) was kept open as a possibility.

Oh dear this is reminding me of Jayme.... no shoes either from what we have been told.

I just remembered, a case where a girl was found here in CO taken over state lines—how did he lure her? Looking for link:

ETA:

Accused Kidnapper, Connecticut Teen Met In Disney Chat Room, Police Say

“Prosecutors in court on Thursday said Timothy Wind, 53, met the girl through a Disney chat room called Pixie Hollow.”

At this time LE hasn’t indicated anything related to Savannah and being online, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t occur, moo

Last edited:
It bothers me when parents talk in past tense ... but I hear myself do it referring to a time when my children or grandchildren were younger - BEFORE they became independent or were trying to become independent from me.
I have never referred to my daughter - the oldest as “my baby” but I have referred to my son that way - he is my youngest. Savannah stated her mother “couldn’t deal with 4 kids” on FB, so I think she helped out ALOT with her siblings.
No tears from Mom bothers me, but it’s been two weeks so maybe she’s cried so much, she can’t cry anymore? MOO.
How would we know that there are "no tears from mom?" It has to be devastating for anyone who is missing a child. Imo

You know, I didn't assume she took the sheets off her bed, I took it to mean folded sheets from a closet. Not that it makes any difference. It would have been difficult to take two wadded up sheets plus clothes out through the window and down that long driveway. For why would she do that other than the ugly possibility that springs to mind. Even that doesn't make sense.
If someone had said she took a back pack, clothes, purse, phones, her coat and shoes, I'd say possibly a runaway. If she went out the door, I'd say possibly runaway, especially with those items.

I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around sheets and two phones and some clothes being missing only. What teen grabs sheets, clothes, phones, and jumps out a window? Even if it is low to the ground, there's a chance of being injured and making more noise jumping down (thumping sound as you hit the ground). Not to mention, even if she threw those items down to the ground first, them climbed out, it's still risky- again, thumping sounds and possibly injuring oneself.

They don't mention a ladder being near her window, or any rope. I wonder how high this window is from the ground. <modsnipped rumor from social media> If she was having a hard time getting out the window, it would make more sense to wait and make sure everyone was sleeping, and sneak out the door.

What is she doing for money? She obviously had no car, no bank card to trace, no place to stay.

The sheets- yeah, the sheets. I don't like the thoughts going through my mind about those sheets being missing.

Good point, Cherry, about when the last time she was officially seen and if she did go with them to Tennessee. Yet, I would imagine if she didn't, the FBI would have gotten out of her siblings that she didn't come with them. Not all kids are good liars, one of the three would have broken by now and said she wasn't there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure she must have had a backpack. It is pretty much standard equipment, especially since she was in public school up until December. So using a backpack and her coat would seem to make more sense, especially since it was in the 30s and raining that night. But no mention has been made of either backpack or coat/jacket being missing. But neither has it been said that they aren't missing, or that they even exist...
Still, it is odd. Window open in that weather, and sheets missing - not a good combination. But also clothes missing. Hard to really get a handle on this.
Maybe the clothes that are missing are the clothes she last had on her that she was seen in at 11 PM the previous night. So, that would be the truth about some clothes being missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marziaforevercherry