DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawkins County Rescue Squad
21 minutes ago

Sunday, June 20th Supply Donation Information

***PLEASE SHARE***

Due to over whelming support from the community, region, State of TN, and neighboring states we currently have paused the donation of supplies for the crews searching for Summer Wells.

The Logistics Section will reevaluate the supplies on Sunday evening for the following week and if any supplies are needed, we will post here those here on our Facebook Page.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact Logistic Section Officer Sandra Lewis at 423-231-4254 by phone or text.
On behalf of all the crews and agencies, we greatly appreciate all those who have brought or donated supplies and kept us in your prayers. Please continue to pray for the safe return of Summer and for the safety of all crews involved in the search efforts.

Updated: 1:41 PM

204070298_4557469150950612_3588128828905545366_n.jpg

Hi all! I’m not new to Websleuths however this is my first post :) I just want to say everyone’s posts on here have been extremely helpful in visualizing the area that sweet Summer was last seen in! I can’t get this sweet girl off my mind and I’m hoping she is found soon. My father is a retired k-9 police officer and I’ve personally witnessed the sadness that comes after a search comes up empty. My heart goes out to every person out there searching for Summer.

That sounds like they may be calling off the search. NOT GOOD

I read it that they will post if anything is needed during the coming week of their search. For so many who care deeply, this is the only way they can help and I would posit that they have an abundance of supplies.

(posting at the same time as others. So, this is the status)

Last edited:
I give up on internet maps. I can't even find a scale on them. I am old school. Does anyone know how far the field they were searching in is from the house? I am beginning to believe that she could have walked there at some point in time.

Last edited:
The fathers drive may be an hour if you do the speed limit but most of his drive would be interstate 81 which is pretty straight in that area and no one drives the speed limit. I personally go around 100 on that stretch at times and have people pass me like I am sitting still.

Hawkins is a large county with an understaffed sheriff department. It is not unusual for response times to be an hour is some cases. They lived near the Greene and Sullivan county line on the northeast section of the county. Because of the mountains cell service and police radio service is spotty is parts of the county. However they are just a few miles from interstate 81 and cell companies have towers up and down the interstate to keep travelers from having dead spots in their service. Their home is also less than 5 miles from the THP northeast HQ in Fall Branch, TN. The THP has a helicopter stationed there I believe.

I'm not disputing anything, simply trying to put together a reasonable timeline. :)

Anslee Daniel WJHL is live recapping what we know so far about the search for missing five-year-old Summer Wells in Hawkins Co.

Some notes from the video:
  • Last night a helicopter was searching the area. WJHL contacted the TBI last night about what happened at that property, and TBI would only say that they were following up on a tip and Summer is still missing.
  • Yes, canine teams have been involved for several days.
  • She (Anslee) was at the Command Center earlier, but she was told to leave. Not sure why.
  • Media center (where she is now) is about 3 miles away from the Command Center.
  • About the house: yesterday, News Channel 11’s Kate Nemarich was able to get to the house. The road was narrow. They have been using it for search crews to get in and out, which is why media has not been allowed to see it until yesterday.
  • They have spoken with Summer’s dad (twice on camera, a couple times off-camera)
  • Mom has spoken with a few members of their team, but has declined to talk on camera. They are working to get her to talk on camera.
  • Both of her parents say they believe someone abducted her and that it’s not like Summer to walk away.
  • It’s hot out there.
  • There have been no scheduled press conferences this weekend; expected to possibly hear from LE tomorrow. Authorities say they will update on Monday, unless there is a big development.
Search for Summer tab (WJHL) Search for Summer Wells

That sounds like they may be calling off the search. NOT GOOD

This is a very generous and supportive community from what we’ve witnessed so far. I remember one post (cannot find it now) about how the church has allowed searchers to use it as a command center of sorts, rehab place for searchers, picnic area for food, etc...I imagine they put out the call for ice and now have ice for days.

I give up on internet maps. I can't even find a scale on them. I am old school. Does anyone know how far the field they were searching in is from the house? I am beginning to believe that she could have walked there at some point in time.
Less than a mile if walking along Beech Creek Road and much less if Summer walked through fields instead.

I posted the Google map coordinates last night in thread 1. I’m on my phone not my laptop right now but this link should work. If not I’ll repost later. I got the link from video posted by WJHL here:
Search for Summer: Investigators, helicopters searching overnight for missing Rogersville 5-year-old | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Google Maps

Just thinking out loud. I didn't see any window a/c units or a heat pump on the Well's family home. I only keep my bedroom very very cool. So I know it is hot and I am not dressed for company. It doesn't cool off until late evening. And dinner is often later in the summer when I was raising my family. When we canned from the garden, the entire kitchen was saturated. Also the kids pretty much potty trained themselves, playing outside in the secluded yard.
With summer comes much longer daylight hours which would mean Mr Wells got home from work later.
Granted, I would have paid my kids (and the others who came to play nearly every day) for each item cleaned up in the yard.

Last edited:
So, trying to get back to some kind of timeline...Mom states that it was 2 minutes from the time Summer walked into the house and the time Mom entered the house and discovered Summer missing. I THINK the father stated that Mom and the kids looked for Summer for a time before Mom made the call to his place of business. The boys said they saw her shortly before 6 pm, so the flower planting had to have happened prior to that. And the search prior to calling Dad and Dad calling 911 couldn't have been more than 30 minutes.

Watch now: 'Somebody has abducted her': Father of missing Hawkins child speaks out

AMBER ALERT: Search continues for 5-year-old Hawkins County girl

Last edited:
The cactus's are flowering and look freshly planted also the the pot on left has some greenery that has not flowered yet moo.

It's a rather nice grouping of cactus plants. When I first saw the shared image of the flower garden, I envisioned little Summer helping by placing the colorful figurines in the pots.

And, then, she danced her happy little way into their home because her heart was pleased with her fine and dandy accomplishments.

The TBI (Tennessee Bureau of Investigation) says search is continuing and the investigation into Summer's disappearance is ongoing. There are two separate operations: 1) The search 2) The investigation.

"Currently the circumstances leading to Summer's disappearance are under intense investigation. We are investigating this fully. Everything is on the table"

They have received 85 tips. They are asking for credible tips--if someone has seen something, or if there is a photo from the day of disappearance on a trail camera, call it in. Do not call in speculation that you have seen on social media.

Last edited:
I don’t know how literal we should take her mother saying she checked on two minutes later it could be a way of saying not long. For example I often tell my little one when she wants me to do something to just give me two minutes. I don’t mean 120 seconds I mean pretty soon- it’s more of a figure of speech I use myself and have heard many others use. Like two shakes lol!
Will continue following closely and hoping the sun doesn’t set before all who love this precious angel have (happy) answers!

Editing at add I also understand mother not appearing on camera! I avoid all tv cameras like the plague and I’m guessing I’d be avoiding even more if I had been crying and not sleeping for days. Leaning towards SO much more than anyone close to her- her eyes look full of joy and don’t seem like eyes of a child with issues at home

Less than a mile if walking along Beech Creek Road and much less if Summer walked through fields instead.

I posted the Google map coordinates last night in thread 1. I’m on my phone not my laptop right now but this link should work. If not I’ll repost later. I got the link from video posted by WJHL here:
Search for Summer: Investigators, helicopters searching overnight for missing Rogersville 5-year-old | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Google Maps

Just got done with a 10 hour show, catching up on what I have missed. The link is blocked to me, have we an identified an area of search? I mean, have we got something I can start making a case map with? I've been wanting to start one and map out areas of interest and areas that have been searched but I've come up with zilch to help identify them (apart from the home and immediate area) ?

Any help welcome!

(Snip)

...Hi all! I’m not new to Websleuths however this is my first post...

My first post as well, lurked for years then joined to follow discussions about Evelyn Boswell.

When I saw how close Hawkins County is to Kingsport I immediately thought of Evelyn

I pray to God for a different outcome
I also thank God for 2 communities who roll up their sleeves & do whatever needs to be done in these sad situations

I don’t know how literal we should take her mother saying she checked on two minutes later it could be a way of saying not long. For example I often tell my little one when she wants me to do something to just give me two minutes. I don’t mean 120 seconds I mean pretty soon- it’s more of a figure of speech I use myself and have heard many others use. Like two shakes lol!
Will continue following closely and hoping the sun doesn’t set before all who love this precious angel have (happy) answers!

Editing at add I also understand mother not appearing on camera! I avoid all tv cameras like the plague and I’m guessing I’d be avoiding even more if I had been crying and not sleeping for days. Leaning towards SO much more than anyone close to her- her eyes look full of joy and don’t seem like eyes of a child with issues at home

I can only go by what the parents have said through msm. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads