AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would LE have treated the house and property like a crime scene the day Summer went missing???

(Only asking as there has been a lot of criticism of Police in Aus about a little boy missing, and the home wasn’t treated as a crime scene and multiple people trampled all over it …he was initially treated as just lost in the bush too ….)

Getting back to my point….
If so, there should be photos of the cactus garden …… ? In the crime scene photos??? And at that time, the planting should look “fresh” and no weeds…..

IMO

Would LE have treated the house and property like a crime scene the day Summer went missing???

(Only asking as there has been a lot of criticism of Police in Aus about a little boy missing, and the home wasn’t treated as a crime scene and multiple people trampled all over it …he was initially treated as just lost in the bush too ….)

If so, there should be photos of the cactus garden …… ? In the crime scene photos??? And at that time, the planting should look “fresh” and no weeds…..

IMO
IMO

If local LE didn't take photos, I am sure TBI and FBI did. I am sure they documented everything.
Also, CPS, they would have a great interest in having photos of the inside and outside of that home.
If CW said oh we planted flowers over there, then yes LE went over there to see just what was happening.

JMO, I am not a LE cacti photo expert!

IMO

TBI didn’t ask for volunteers to assist in the search, which indicates to me that they were protecting the scene. That doesn’t really answer your question about whether it was treated as a crime scene, but looking back at the case of missing Libby and Abby in Delphi, there they did allow volunteer searchers. That decision was later criticized, as Libby and Abby were the next day found deceased and victims of homicide, and the scene may have been compromised earlier. I think lessons were learned in that case.

jmo

And an even bigger question Why?
Allie said her mother introduced her to CW. Ironically, they have only known each other for two years. How do 14 people travel from New York to Hawkins County, TN in 2020? Strangely, CW doesn't know them but offered them shelter. As the story goes the 14 people left without spending the night. When the 14 people visited they had known each other one year.

Here is an interesting part. Allie was associated with the group.

Is is possible that the people who cut the trees were a fake company and don't work for the town. Who would know if it was official, wouldn't residents assume that it was. That would be a perfect way to scout residence. It was said that 15 children went missing in eastern TN, after
Summer Moon's dissappearance. All are under investigation.

I don't think the perps would be "city slickers" but are people who use cities to camaflogue their activities. A google map could be very helpful; or a perp can wait for school registration and likely find records online as well. Logically speaking, small towns would be, most likely the best places to go steal little people. Could it be that perp gangs find their way in like the scenario above? IMO

So IF the flowers weren't planted that day, LE will know because they will ser the date and timestamps on any photos CW or CH took. Interested in that info also.
BBM

There is so much info that needs to come to light …. And I guess it just takes time….. and I’m sure it will be intriguing putting it together….. a famous line …”it’s never how you think it is” …

Imagine if CM didn't start investigating this case, then we would have nothing much to discuss this long into the investigation!

Love him or loath him…. At least we have some real case information to discuss….. and that is so much better than feeling like the case has gone totally cold!

All IMO

For liability reasons, and that they must follow the procedures that the laws prescribe whether he handed it to them or not.

amateur opinion and speculation
So your theory is that after the devices were voluntarily handed over, LE applied for a search warrant?
I can understand the liability aspect and even a legal aspect if they are ever charged with a crime as a result of the forensic examination to get warrants to search the devices, but I understood the discussion to be about search warrants served on private app companies.
They already had the devices to forensically examine and download clones of the hard drives, which removed any need to issue a search warrant to any private app companies, which is another ballgame entirely, involves a third party and Fourth Amendment rights which would come at great legal costs, especially since LE already possess the data.

Last edited:
Since TN is a state that typically allows access to 911 calls (3. 911 tapes Archives - The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press), it seems like something specific to the case. Speculating: something that may contradict a timeline, involves a minor, could affect a potential criminal case. I’m not sure would else would warrant the withholding. IMO

My thought was always that either a minor could be heard on the call, or perhaps that it was a minor who made the call. I have absolutely nothing to back that up, mind you , just a gut feeling.

Last edited:
My thought was always that either a minor could be heard on the call, or perhaps that it was a minor who made the call. I have absolutely nothing to back that up, mind you , just a guy feeling.
I hadn’t actually thought of that… great point!

I have always assumed it is because of important timeline information, that TBI are keeping very close to their chest…

or perhaps that it was a minor who made the call.
This is quite a thought provoking statement MK……

Could one of the boys have also made a call, as Mum drove out looking, and Dad allegedly not home either….

Definitely not inviting discussion about Summer’s siblings here.

But just thinking, that information like that, would be extremely sensitive ….

And here in Aus that sort of thing does not go over the main emergency channel, but is usually telephoned directly or messaged directly to emergency services personnel responding to the scene….

Last edited:
Allie said her mother introduced her to CW. Ironically, they have only known each other for two years. How do 14 people travel from New York to Hawkins County, TN in 2020? Strangely, CW doesn't know them but offered them shelter. As the story goes the 14 people left without spending the night. When the 14 people visited they had known each other one year.

Here is an interesting part. Allie was associated with the group.

Is is possible that the people who cut the trees were a fake company and don't work for the town. Who would know if it was official, wouldn't residents assume that it was. That would be a perfect way to scout residence. It was said that 15 children went missing in eastern TN, after
Summer Moon's dissappearance. All are under investigation.

I don't think the perps would be "city slickers" but are people who use cities to camaflogue their activities. A google map could be very helpful; or a perp can wait for school registration and likely find records online as well. Logically speaking, small towns would be, most likely the best places to go steal little people. Could it be that perp gangs find their way in like the scenario above? IMO

There are locals who said they were familiar with this tree cutting crew. They are reportedly a local company that many people know of and have hired. They are not a fake company, IMO.

How do you find school records online of personal student info? I've never seen anything like that available.

Why would small towns be the logical place to steal little people? I think they'd be the worst possible place.

Perp gangs? You meAn like 'Oceans 11' for pedophile traffickers?

Didn't the swimming video get uploaded at 3:58 p.m. on 6/15? If so, i think as far as CB knew, SW was NOT missing. So, i theorize that SW was discovered to be missing some time after 3:58 p.m. Maybe CB went to show SW the video and couldn't find her.
But she didn't call Don until about 6:20 or 6:30. Reportedly. So that is a 2 and a half hour time window after she uploaded the video.

So your theory is that after the devices were voluntarily handed over, LE applied for a search warrant?
I can understand the liability aspect and even a legal aspect if they are ever charged with a crime as a result of the forensic examination to get warrants to search the devices, but I understood the discussion to be about search warrants served on private app companies.
They already had the devices to forensically examine and download clones of the hard drives, which removed any need to issue a search warrant to any private app companies, which is another ballgame entirely, involves a third party and Fourth Amendment rights which would come at great legal costs, especially since LE already possess the data.
It doesn't really remove the need to issue a search warrant to the app companies because LE can't get the info about many of the apps straight off the phones.

I remember they have had to sue various app companies to try and get private encrypted info to try and find missing teens because it is not on the cell itself, it is only in the companies data logs.

Didn't the swimming video get uploaded at 3:58 p.m. on 6/15? If so, i think as far as CB knew, SW was NOT missing. So, i theorize that SW was discovered to be missing some time after 3:58 p.m. Maybe CB went to show SW the video and couldn't find her.
Thanks December for sharing that bit of timeline info…

Where does this put the time of “planting flowers” ?? before, during, or after, the video upload??? Do we know???

Thanks December for sharing that bit of timeline info…

Where does this put the time of “planting flowers” ?? before, during, or after, the video upload??? Do we know???
I guess after since supposedly that's what they were doing right before (i just remembered).

I am really just trying to find a time that SW was not missing or at least not thought to be missing.

That is a completely ridiculous video jmo and imo no one would put that up after they realized tragedy had struck. If, for some reason, a video of SW swimming just absolutely had to be uploaded no matter what, I don't think CB would have added the goofy song. Moo

I am really just trying to find a time that SW was not missing or at least not thought to be missing.
Yes this is the million dollar question! And every little bit of info helps….. and 3:58pm brings us close to 4pm….

Also a question that we are all trying to work out…. As there seems to be a big time gap in the timeline at the moment…. 2 1/2 hours still to work out … roughly….

I was wondering if CW was putting the video together while Summer was actually doing the planting? Supervising, but at the same time mucking around on her phone….??? Hence the “during” question…….(like at swimming)

As around 4pm seems to be too early to me (IMO) to be finished planting when you do it with a small child…. Especially if they had to fill those planters with soil first…… everything takes longer with little ones… especially if you are trying to let them do the task independently…… JMO

I guess after since supposedly that's what they were doing right before (i just remembered).

That is a completely ridiculous video jmo and imo no one would put that up after they realized tragedy had struck. If, for some reason, a video of SW swimming just absolutely had to be uploaded no matter what, I don't think CB would have added the goofy song. Moo
The CM video with CB - she is oddly specific, very oddly specific, about the timing of when they walked here and there, the toys in the flower pots etc. A 5 yr old does not need to be accompanied around their own yard between grandma's trailer and the house. She is 5. Yet CB is so very vague about other things, eg where the boys were. These things along with your astute observation about the timing of the video makes one wonder what in the world really went on that day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx