AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think Summer just jumped right into the water in her shorts and little strappy top in the video. Then she was dressed in the grey pants and pink top with hoodie when she was cold and wet. JMO
Not saying you’re wrong at all… but then why were H and CW both talking about a bathing suit? How does that come into the story? Is the bathing suit like the gardening? Just sounds like better parenting?

I see a few inconsistencies. Did you see the tall weeds in one of the containers? Makes me wonder if those were planted a previous day. Otherwise, why plenty a new plant next to a weed?

Why would CB let Summer play in the dirt wearing her new outfit for 1st day of school? That kind of polyester attracts dirt and it stains.

I am not sure I believe that grandma was into gardening after she returned home that afternoon. She had a sore knee, sore enough to go to the ER. And she picked up some meds. It makes more sense that she would come home and rest after taking her meds. JMO
I don't see any weeds. Clothes can be washed. Maybe the meds worked on her knee. JMO.

Looks like current poll indicates that 51% of poll participants think there was foul play, and 49% of participants think the other categories apply.
I lean toward abduction but have considered that her death might have been accidental and covered up-none of which involve DW. Not sure if they consider the accident theory foul play though.

It doesn't matter right now what DW did or didn't do, other than how it relates to Summer. I think people's dislike of the parents affects the search for Summer. If DW really did SA to anyone it is beyond horrible. But his wee little girl is missing and we need to focus on that not Mom and Dad, beyond what they may have done to cause her to go missing. Is this why none of the church people seem to be helping them, because of the families lifestyle? And some of the interviewers continue to ask them about past behavior and not focus on why Summer is gone. MOO. Katt
There’s no “if” about it. He admitted it. Although, appallingly, he also blamed the child for participating and even instigating it. He then blamed CM and accused CM of lying. When CM asked what he was supposed to have lied about, DW backed off and accused him of twisting things. These statements can be found in Part 3 of the DW phone interview discussion.

IMO relevant past behavior is a good predictor of present and future behavior. It could very well be the reason Summer is gone. Perhaps if DW were to admit what he’s done without immediately retracting and/or blaming everyone else, we could discuss it, find it applicable or not and move on. IMO the fact that he consistently blames others for every misstep in his life and takes no responsibility for his behavior indicates that hasn’t done anything to try to deal with whatever underlying issues caused these behaviors. History could be repeating itself at Summer’s expense.

IMO DW now seems to have found a sympathetic outlet in the Cher’s podcast. I hope he uses it to talk about what we can do to help find Summer. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
You would think if there was ever a time you would be honest would be when begging LE to find your child. So, if someone isn't then why not?

One possibility is they did tell LE (those officially working on the case) the truth and were told not to publicly repeat some parts of it. So, they like... Improvised when being interviewed.

Another possibility is DW was family spokesperson at first and he (according to him and CB) wasn't there when SW was noticed to be missing. Then CB is interviewed 13 days later.

Another reason could be for some reason (and there are various reasons this could be so) CB and possibly CH could not recall or did not know anything useful in finding SW.

Another possibility is there is something they can't talk about for some reason other than LE's instructions.

I will say, i don't think CB faked out the boys by telling them to watch SW counting on them not to turn around and see no SW was in the kitchen. Children are unpredictable so, no matter how engrossed they seemed in their game or whatever, they could have immediately turned around to see there's no SW. So, either SW was there for them to see or that scene happened some other way or not at all.

The only Wells I would let be on my team at this point are Summer and her 3 brothers (the minors).
That would make it the MINOR LEAGUE. Sometimes attitudes of experienced players give the team a no hitter, shut-out, potential, and advantage. My choice was between the haters spreading roomers and the Wells. The Wells are doing PR damage while others sling mud. People who don't know them. The only time I've seen the Wells slinging mud was when DW called CM to tell him he would slander him. (also DW throwing CW and CH mamma under the bus) Again, no excuses for bad behavior, however, the Wells want someone on their side. The strangers cursing them have nothing better to do with their life or time, so they pick on the Wells and base their thoughts on the latest CSI re-run. Strangely, it's people all over the world.

Getting a straight answer out of DW takes the art of a car salesman or real estate broker. When people go out to buy a high priced item, they are looking for the person who will sell. Trust is big key to closing the deal. DW appears upset because he thought CM was the person to help him through this nightmare. CM is smart. CM is a good choice to help out. However, from what I have seen in interviews, DW isn't answering questions fully. Maybe he isn't trusting yet. The LE are doing a good job of leading the investigation. No leaks. No release of information to the public without certainty or true neccessity.

You would think if there was ever a time you would be honest would be when begging LE to find your child. So, if someone isn't then why not?

One possibility is they did tell LE (those officially working on the case) the truth and were told not to publicly repeat some parts of it. So, they like... Improvised when being interviewed.

Another possibility is DW was family spokesperson at first and he (according to him and CB) wasn't there when SW was noticed to be missing. Then CB is interviewed 13 days later.

Another reason could be for some reason (and there are various reasons this could be so) CB and possibly CH could not recall or did not know anything useful in finding SW.

Another possibility is there is something they can't talk about for some reason other than LE's instructions.

I will say, i don't think CB faked out the boys by telling them to watch SW counting on them not to turn around and see no SW was in the kitchen. Children are unpredictable so, no matter how engrossed they seemed in their game or whatever, they could have immediately turned around to see there's no SW. So, either SW was there for them to see or that scene happened some other way or not at all.
The real story could be as simple as CW telling the boys that Summer was downstairs playing and she was going to go somewhere for a while and would be right back. Boys probably thought she entered the house from the outside by using the basement door, when in fact, she never entered at all. JMO

I don't see any weeds. Clothes can be washed. Maybe the meds worked on her knee. JMO.
I agree that those might be flowers, not weeds.
As for the clothes, dirt stains that kind of material. It is very hard to wash the brown stain of dirt off polyester. Both my kids loved dirt so I know the struggle. lol
That was a brand new outfit for the 1st day of school---you wouldn't want to ruin it for no reason. I'd assume she changed out of it before gardening, but DW has said she disappeared wearing it. So it confuses me.
As for the meds, maybe they worked. But would Grandma be tired and want a rest,after being at the ER at 8 am, then the pharmacy and the swimming hole and 3 errands and the grocery store? I know I would.

Which begs the whole question about why Summer was sitting on a pillow so she wouldn't get the seat wet , and where did they put the bathing suit, was that put into a plastic bag ? Was it left in Grandma's car ? Was it brought in and washed ? If it was at the house, why did SAR have such a hard time finding an item with only Summer's scent on it ?

If we are inclined to believe Hunter's account (which I am, for the most part) when Summer arrived at his house, she was wearing a pink or purple top and shorts. She then changed into her bathing suit in the bathroom. Hunter says C took these clothes with her when they left. IF that's true, then why did C choose to put Summer in a hot suit after swimming, rather than put her back into the shorts and t shirt she was swearing when they arrived at A's ? And where are all these other clothes ?

I think the only reason Summer was sitting on a pillow is because she wasn't in an approved child booster seat required under TN law.

At one point, didn't Hunter say a drug dealer had sent a message to CW? Why and how would a 15-yo know the name of a drug dealer unless he used the same drug dealer? I hold out hope that Summer is still alive and that she was handed off to a drug dealer for "payment" and that's why she had on the new clothes. JMO

I remember CM said he confirmed CW was seen at the place where they bought vapes. Does anyone know where or when Summer was definitively last seen if we take away family members and H/A for now?

And did anyone else confirm H's presence with CW that day besides A?

Great point. I believe inconsistencies matter. I think CW told CM that Summer had her bathing suit on already and H told CM that Summer changed into the bathing suit at his house. I don’t think A verified because H said she was sleeping in the back room or bathroom if I recall correctly.
It really is incredible that there still isn’t a reliable timeline and narrative about the day. If we didn’t have than the picture and video CBW posted, we’d have nothing and IIRC there’s no LE confirmation about those either.

I think the only reason Summer was sitting on a pillow is because she wasn't in an approved child booster seat required under TN law.

At one point, didn't Hunter say a drug dealer had sent a message to CW? Why and how would a 15-yo know the name of a drug dealer unless he used the same drug dealer? I hold out hope that Summer is still alive and that she was handed off to a drug dealer for "payment" and that's why she had on the new clothes. JMO

You hold out hope for that ?

10 years later, Fayetteville's Shaniya Davis murder case still remembered

No matter what else happened, SW wouldn't have worn that outfit on her first day of school. It was extremely hot that day. It is hotter in August than June in Tennessee. SW's class has already started kindergarten.

So, i guess it is good SW got to wear it for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968