AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kristen Quon WCYB will continue our coverage on the search for Summer, with live reports beginning today at Noon on News 5

The search for Hawkins County 5-year-old Summer Wells entering day nine today.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said yesterday they are continuing to focus their searches on the area surrounding Ben Hill Road. So far authorities have received more than 300 tips but none have resulted in any significant leads.
Our crews will have the latest on News 5 at Noon.

ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - The disappearance of Summer Wells, the 5-year-old Hawkins County girl at the center of a Tennessee AMBER Alert has captured the attention of thousands across the region.

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Summer Wells, 5, has been missing for over a week. Officials with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said search teams are continuing to focus on the area around Ben Hill Road.

According to TBI, 304 tips have come in, but none have resulted in a significant development in the case.

Timeline of Summer Wells case

Last edited:
This is known as the "Bible Belt" with conservative doctrines. It teaches them how to view the world. In keeping with that faith it is said that there are many gifts and the foot is not less than the eye. So, he is not much of a public speaker but he is darned good at drywall.
I doubt he has done much speaking, and now, it is the most important speaking he will ever do. He is trying even if it is unconventional.

I'm still coming back to these plants. Again I will say I don't know plants but they look like cactus's. Also, it looks like "A WEED" is growing not to mention the dead leaves in that square plant, edges of the planters don't look dirty with dirt. No dirt outside of the planters. etc etc etc. I'm just wondering if that is actually what happened.
ITA. Those are cactus, not flowers and nothing there looks freshly planted IMO.

Hoping this Facebook link is OK to post as it's from a MSM reporter: Nick Beres NC5 enroute to Hawkins; "I'm learning more about a possible shift in the case."

I haven’t watched all reporters’ coverage and wonder, has someone from a Nashville station been there quite a bit during the search? Or is this a trip that might have been triggered when they got word of a development in the investigation (since he does mention a shift)? It makes me think that we could see a development shortly.

What I have seen has been mostly coverage out of Knoxville, but again, I have not watched all in-person coverage.

jmo

I haven’t watched all reporters’ coverage and wonder, has someone from a Nashville station been there quite a bit during the search? Or is this a trip that might have been triggered when they got word of a development in the investigation (since he does mention a shift)? It makes me think that we could see a development shortly.

What I have seen has been mostly coverage out of Knoxville, but again, I have not watched all in-person coverage.

jmo
I'm 30 miles outside of Nashville. To my knowledge this is the first time Nic Beres has been on the scene. He has promised to follow this case like hide Joe Clyde Daniels's. My best guess is he has heard something since he's headed there. How big of a shift....dunno. I guess I'll find out at 5pm.
ETA...I follow Nic Beres's NC5 page.

“It’s a constant reminder to us that this family, they have so little, but they give so much,” says Lane.
[snip]
“Showing love, You’ll never regret showing love,” says Lane. “If people will just show love to the family until the dust settles, and we figure out some answers, I think that would go a long way.”
'All I can do is pray.' Summer Wells Sabbath Day teacher speaks to News 5

BBM

When I play in the dirt it could mean a variety of activities. Transplanting, initial planting, seperating, has included roses, bulbs, cactus, clippings, sprouts from seed pods, trees, etc.

If a neighbor stops by and remarks I just say playing in the dirt or planting more flowers. :)

Those containers remind me of gardening since I have a container garden and always mulch.

jmo
I’m from the Nashville area. I believe this is the first time Nick has been out there but he is known to cover this type of case extensively. He also does a “gavel-to-gavel” coverage during big trials in the state.

Last edited:
I don't think LE believes Summer was abducted at this point. The late night field search with helicopter appearing that it was there mainly to see someone having been flushed out of the area by the searchers. (imo) And keeping a search going during the night time hours, as well... it seems to me that LE might think that Summer is deceased and close to home (maybe very close to home.) I think maybe LE is trying to catch someone as soon as someone thinks it would be a good idea to move Summer further from the home so she'll "never be found." I just hope that hasn't already been done.
Jmo and probably my #1 theory. I don't believe Summer wandered off.

Last edited:
Watch now: 'Somebody has abducted her': Father of missing Hawkins child speaks out

He said his wife called him at work in Jonesborough and he told her to hang up and call 911, and he immediately headed for home.

He arrived before law enforcement, but many of his neighbors were already searching the area around his home on Ben Hill Road.

Bbm

I wonder if mom called the neighbors? Or dad etc. Not a super populated area and that seems fast for them to be there. I may not be wording this properly, I'm a little scatter brained :eek:

Regarding the fathers quick assumption that she was taken by traffickers- I recently went on a trip with my children across the country and my sweet mother contacted me constantly worried sick about the dangers out there, sending me articles about the high crime rates and obsessing over fears that one of the children (one Summers age and two young adults) could be snatched away from us and taken into sex trafficking. I understand the statistics but evidently the news channels she watches has filled her with great fear about the perceived dangers out there. So it hasn’t shaken me one bit to hear her father jumped to such conclusions. My very intelligent and well educated mother would be concluding and saying the exact same thing if one of us disappeared!

I'm going with LE on this not being a child abduction. They have way more information than we do, and if they thought for a second it was abduction I'm sure they would have the parents pleading for her safe return at a press conference.
After typing that it just dawned on me that I don't think I've heard DW say anything to that affect in his interviews.
I agree. IMHO= LE and SAR teams are still searching in the vicinity close to her home, This tells me that no abduction scenario is suspected.

I'm still coming back to these plants. Again I will say I don't know plants but they look like cactus's. Also, it looks like "A WEED" is growing not to mention the dead leaves in that square plant, edges of the planters don't look dirty with dirt. No dirt outside of the planters. etc etc etc. I'm just wondering if that is actually what happened.
The what you call dead plant..is an earth star plant...the weeds look like snapdragons but they are not in flower so not sure. I collect cactus's there for to me...they are flowers. Also you always use dry soil to plant cactus. The white soil covering is clean therefore new. The plants are newly planted who planted them...I have no idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member