AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a hot and humid day, if you walk in to the woods where I'm from, chances are real good the black flies will drive you right back out. They are nasty, relentless, biting little devils.

I don't think Summer is in the woods near that home, and I don't think she walked barefoot in to those woods either. I ain't buying that story. This is my opinion.

I'm not sure what for mess of truth is gonna come out, but it's gonna come out for sure. Something just smells fishy to me.

If innocent loss of life here is the final outcome, I'll surely admit my wrong. In fact, I'd be relieved if that is the outcome.

People keep mentioning the rough terrain. How likely is it that a 5-year-old child would traverse this type of terrain on her own? I know they are a rural family, but if the terrain is so difficult, I can't see how she would have wandered too far on her own.
I had the opportunity to view some of this terrain yesterday. The wooded areas are steep with trees incredibly close together and dense ground cover. The thing is, it would seem to be easier for a child or person of very small stature to slip between the trees and undergrowth than a full grown adult. MOO

If she was in the woods stepping on sticks and other debris her little feet could have been poked by a sharp stick and perhaps stung or bitten by insects. That combined with being scared could definitely cause her to cry. Tough soles don’t prevent pain from an injury.
Every time I think about her *possibly* being barefoot, I get a little shiver. When I was about 10 we lived in a very wooded neighborhood. There was a shallow creek behind our house and I would walk down to it, take my shoes off, and walk through the creek about 10 houses down to my best friends house. One afternoon I was headed back home and as I stepped out of the creek, I stepped directly onto a stick that jammed into my HEEL. Somehow I managed to hobble up to the house and my dad had to PULL IT OUT WITH PLIERS. I cant imagine what she would have stepped on in those thick woods. :(

I had the opportunity to view some of this terrain yesterday. The wooded areas are steep with trees incredibly close together and dense ground cover. The thing is, it would seem to be easier for a child or person of very small stature to slip between the trees and undergrowth than a full grown adult. MOO
How high is the undergrowth in that area? I am about 10 miles east and the wooded area beside my house is about thigh high with undergrowth already this summer. (And I know this because my ridiculous dog chased a fox into the woods and her collar stuck on a branch. It is so thick I could barely see her even though she was just a few feet in. I had to use hedge clippers yo get her out.)

That does not appear to be Weed in the square planter. It may be "A Weed", but not "Weed, Weed".

Edited to correct spelling.

ETA: Oh, you did say "A Weed". LOL! This case has my brain fried. Sorry about that.
This made me laugh. Thank you. I actually meant a weed ( in all fairness, I'm not sure I could identify either lol)
Editing : Unless the leaf looks like the ones on T-shirts.

Sometimes an editor will make a mess of a perfectly fine article by changing something without checking with the writer.
More often than not, media outlets simply pick up reporting from news outlets and then change around some of the wording, the order in which elements in the original story appear, etc. to make it appear as if they are doing original reporting on the story when it is a person at home or in a cubicle 1000 miles away that is writing it. And one of the major consequences of slightly changing details or re-writing the original in a different sequence is to sow confusion on known information. It is a shame that it happens. It doesn't have to.

bbm
Actually the reporter did not seem to be threatening or dishonorable, but asking pertinent questions to understand the dynamics surrounding Summer's vanishing.
All the reporter wants is to help find Summer and that's the main focus.
DW Sr. has been very forthcoming, and seems to want to speak with the media.

Since LE have said -- and are still repeating -- that they are investigating the circumstances of how Summer came to be missing ?
LE seem to be unclear about that.

DW Sr. has himself offered a plethora of information and seems to be the spokesperson for the family so maybe he wants people to understand his side ?
Although I do agree with your post, that everything DW has volunteered vocally up until now has nothing to do with how Summer disappeared and has taken the focus off of her.
DW Sr. has freely given much information out, but nothing to do with Summer.
That's certainly true.
Imo.
It must be very difficult for the Dad to keep his composure - in most cases everyone is pointing their finger to the parents ! He wasn’t even home when the Girl went missing! Let’s dig a little deeper and check on the crime happen this year in the area!
<modsnip - no link>
Her Dad said she would never run out alone
All my opinions! Please God bring her home!

Last edited by a moderator:
It must be very difficult for the Dad to keep his composure - in most cases everyone is pointing their finger to the parents ! He wasn’t even home when the Girl went missing! Let’s dig a little deeper and check on the crime happen this year in the area!
<modnsip - no link>
Her Dad said she would never run out alone
All my opinions! Please God bring her home!
nobody really knows when she went missing

Last edited by a moderator:
On a hot and humid day, if you walk in to the woods where I'm from, chances are real good the black flies will drive you right back out. They are nasty, relentless, biting little devils.

I don't think Summer is in the woods near that home, and I don't think she walked barefoot in to those woods either. I ain't buying that story. This is my opinion.

I'm not sure what for mess of truth is gonna come out, but it's gonna come out for sure. Something just smells fishy to me.

If innocent loss of life here is the final outcome, I'll surely admit my wrong. In fact, I'd be relieved if that is the outcome.

Agreed. And, DW stated (I believe in his first MSM interview) that Summer would not leave that hill. I am inclined to believe him.

LE has not ruled out an abduction. If we assume Summer was unaccounted for longer than 2 minutes, it is reasonable to imagine that she exited the basement door to play in the yard. Perhaps she even made her way down the driveway a bit (which, from the MSM pictures I have seen) is long enough where the house may not be fully visible from the road. Perhaps she then encountered someone she knew. Someone who had come to the home before or someone she was familiar with. We know (from the Oct 2020 DV report) that CW brought at least one man into the home. And that the kids would have been there at that time since COVID kept the schools closed. We also know they are active in the church. Maybe one of them stopped by. Perhaps they had something that Summer found interesting and caused her to make her way to the bottom of the driveway.

I live in East TN and acknowledge the fact that vehicle sounds can be heard easily in these neighborhoods. However, if a parent isn't paying attention, those sounds may go unnoticed. Or, maybe the person wasn't in a car. Maybe they were on a four wheeler or a horse. That may sound silly but it is not uncommon around here. In some mountain neighborhoods, the sound of ATVs become so common, you cease to notice them.

Though the possibility of an impromptu abduction is low, it has to remain on the table because it absolutely does happen.

I'm just throwing out a theory. Do I fully believe it? Not really. But I do not believe DW brought harm upon his daughter. So, I am looking for other scenarios to consider.

Anyone besides family members actually see Summer that day?
How far away does dad work?
Wonder how deep the creeks are and if searchers have searched them......
Prayers for Summer and her family.

My opinion only.

I have a question. I don't have the knowledge you all do from following many cases. I can think of cases where one parent is involved in harming a child but isn't it unusual for both to be involved.
Not saying I think the parents are involved in this case. Just a curiosity about that.

Interesting case. I just can't get on the bandwagon that this girl walked in to the woods, or fields, never to be seen again.

Something ain't right.

MOO
Every time I think about her *possibly* being barefoot, I get a little shiver. When I was about 10 we lived in a very wooded neighborhood. There was a shallow creek behind our house and I would walk down to it, take my shoes off, and walk through the creek about 10 houses down to my best friends house. One afternoon I was headed back home and as I stepped out of the creek, I stepped directly onto a stick that jammed into my HEEL. Somehow I managed to hobble up to the house and my dad had to PULL IT OUT WITH PLIERS. I cant imagine what she would have stepped on in those thick woods. :(
MOO hope they used blood hounds that first day.

I have a question. I don't have the knowledge you all do from following many cases. I can think of cases where one parent is involved in harming a child but isn't it unusual for both to be involved.
Not saying I think the parents are involved in this case. Just a curiosity about that.
AJ Freund was both parents. That boy has a permanent place in my heart. I’m not sure how many other cases there are but it’s not unheard of.

My opinion only.
we are hearing from that group of folks, who was the last non family , person to see her. for all we know this girl may have been gone days before L.E. Were notified,

I know Dad says that Summer knows the dangers of the woods surrounding them, and she wouldn’t wander off, but children are curious by nature.

We live in a very rural area on several acres, and we constantly warn the grands about this very thing, BUT just the other day my 4 yr. old grand was visiting and we went to check the tomatoes in our garden. In the blink of an eye, that little toot was heading towards a creek that she loves to wade in with our lab in tow (thank goodness). I ran and caught up with her and scolded her about going there without an adult, and she just looked at me and said “but Gigi, Lucky (our old lab) is with me and he’s an adult!” I about died laughing, but had to scold her nonetheless.

I said all this to say, it does happen, even when we think our children wouldn’t do this alone. I pray Summer is found safe every day!!

Thinking of DW’s first interview, he’s so sure she’s been abducted and taken out of the area. There is no question in his mind. He knew right away, Summer wasn’t in them woods. How did he know that ? What made him think she’s out of the area?
My question is was Summer allowed on the internet? Did she have an iPad which many kids do today. It’s not like a predator would say I’ll pick you up at 6:30 to a child that can’t tell time. However one could say meet me at the end of the driveway if she was on line with him and he was closer. Far fetched but trying to think how it could even happen. One other thing is if it’s someone very close to the family. Close enough that if he was caught on the property it wouldn’t alarm anyone. I just don’t see a stranger sneaking on the property.

My opinion only.

Beech Creek varies in width but is shallow, moreso right now since we have had so little rain.
If I recall correctly Mr Wells was about an hour away but admits he exceeded speed limits to get home asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence