AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might seem strange that both DW and CB immediately said that they thought Summer was abducted, but is it really strange? Maybe it is a normal reaction for parents to have. Two very recent examples: Christopher in TX (found today on the 4th day after spending 3 nights lost in the woods) and AJ in Australia (found a month ago on the 4th day after spending 3 nights lost in the woods.) The mothers of both of these 3-year old boys said that they had been out of their sight for only about 2 minutes, that their children would never wander off of the property, and that they must have been abducted.

If the SA charges were never made public, people's minds would probably be different on this case.
I don't know what to think anymore. :(
I just want her found.
I've basically lost hope.
Someone has to know something.
1-800-TBI-FIND
Where's Summer?
Chi

Imo, the kind of unusual and extreme things that have happened to these people in their lives make their behavior difficult to compare to perhaps more average cases. Just the unsolved disappearance of RB alone is pretty unusual.

RB is a grown woman and, at one point, did have a car. This was in 2009, so she probably had a phone. I believe there is a photo of her holding one. SW is only five years old. She had nothing, not even a pair of shoes. So, i can understand why SW's family would be pessimistic, even when they don't want to be.

Also, CB was not at home with the boys. We don't know if they stayed inside every second of that day or not. No one except the boys knows. (Yes, i know children can play games all day, but since we weren't there, we have to admit they also can go outside for a bit.)

We don't know if someone was just randomly scoping out children that day. We don't know if they considered another child.

All we know is SW was the one taken. Due to her short hair, someone might have thought she was a boy. I know she was wearing pink, but it's current year, boys wear pink. I mean, I hope if someone took her, they really wanted SW specifically because that is her best chance to still be alive.
I have always felt, without an atom of evidence that she was specifically targeted.
But I don't know who.
I could take a million good guesses as to the why of it and we've discussed them all here at one point or another. But they all go round in circles.
I believe a child was stolen from DW and CW and a sister was stolen from her brothers, a grandchild from their grandmother.

I do ask myself frequently if I really believe it or even why? It's in my nature to root for the victim. But, I've honestly seen no evidence or pointers that they are anything other than what they pretend to be.

They've most likely had very many interviews with police, TBI and FBI CARD. These people have special skills to detect BS. If they found any they have not announced it.
And if I'm giving them a soft ride and it turns out I was dead wrong, I often am, nothing at all is lost.

Summer has been missing long enough that if her family wanted her case forgotten for some reason, all they would have to do is be quiet.

Yes, there would be some interest and some updates from media or LE, but the family is now actively trying to get SW back in the news.

DW said they are going to talk to all the local media (i think these are the people contacting them). Any of those interviews could be picked up by national affiliates. I think maybe CB is going to talk a little, too.

I could see how Summer might have been targeted somehow. John Kelly pointed out that she was a "people person" which makes her a bit unusual for such a young child. This is probably why her case has gotten attention worldwide, something about her stands out and makes people notice her.

One positive to that would be when LE retraced SW's day, people who saw her (doing normal things) might remember her. I don't know if this resulted in any leads for LE, but it's better than nothing.

I thought DW's interview with the behavior panel was interesting. I know (eta okay, i don't know this, i believe this) he wasn't there when SW went missing, so he is relaying second hand information. I guess the panel will have to figure out how to interpret that.

I think maybe there are a few points he wants to try to get people (the public who might see Summer) to believe. I don't think those are complicated points and they are things that have been discussed.

I didn't know his trouble with the law started as early as it did. I don't know how much some of the things he has done (in the past, whatever various things) affects SW's case. That is kind of beyond my ability to figure out.

Still think CW,CH should be the ones to talk to being as they were reportedly the ones who were actually present when Summer got gone. It baffles me that DW is the main go to person.

There is no doubt in my mind that CW and CH talked to LE. CW did a few interviews and did invite media into her home to give insight into the day Summer went missing. CW gave a timeline of events for that day, and showed the area Summer was last seen. CW has been to public prayer meets, passed out flyers, and walked to get Summer's name out there.

As CW did all this for her daughter, the focus was taken off Summer, in my opinion, and energy spent throwing shade on CW. Maybe CW has decided to stay off media to keep focus on her daughter. And, just maybe CW is so distraught and broken down she has reaching a breaking point. For a mother to have her child go missing is the worse nightmare she can imagine, I fear CW may not make it through this ordeal. One can only imagine her grief right now. The not knowing is horrible.

I want to send positive energy to her at this time, to let her know some of us understand her pain. She is a human being that is suffering, and words do hurt.

There is no doubt in my mind that CW and CH talked to LE. CW did a few interviews and did invite media into her home to give insight into the day Summer went missing. CW gave a timeline of events for that day, and showed the area Summer was last seen. CW has been to public prayer meets, passed out flyers, and walked to get Summer's name out there.

As CW did all this for her daughter, the focus was taken off Summer, in my opinion, and energy spent throwing shade on CW. Maybe CW has decided to stay off media to keep focus on her daughter. And, just maybe CW is so distraught and broken down she has reaching a breaking point. For a mother to have her child go missing is the worse nightmare she can imagine, I fear CW may not make it through this ordeal. One can only imagine her grief right now. The not knowing is horrible.

I want to send positive energy to her at this time, to let her know some of us understand her pain. She is a human being that is suffering, and words do hurt.
EXACTLY!
I share your sentiments and sending comforting energy is a great idea.

I'm not at square one.
Lots of answers here.
DW is giving them to us.
His cooperation speaks volumes.

He can speak freely to the biggest interrogators in the business and have no fear of him being found out that he is responsible for the disappearance of his daughter.

Why is that?

BBM

Perhaps DW has no fear of being "found out" because he is innocent of participating in her disappearance, and as confounded by it as we are.

Still think CW,CH should be the ones to talk to being as they were reportedly the ones who were actually present when Summer got gone. It baffles me that DW is the main go to person.

They've repeatedly been accused of filming/leaving Summer dead in the backseat. I'd clam up and stop talking, too. These people have been treated horribly <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
They've repeatedly been accused of filming/leaving Summer dead in the backseat. I'd clam up and stop talking, too. These people have been treated horribly <modsnip>
<modsnip>

I for one don't judge people on their socio economic status. I judge the parents' on their inconsistencies and also their behaviour after Summer went missing.

The inconsistencies of which, there are many have been re-hashed over and over through many threads, so I won't go over them. Until we receive any new information it seems fruitless at this point to repeat it all.

There is a possibility Summer was taken, but is it probable that everything aligned perfectly that day? Slim chance IMO.

Just wanted to add -
"I'd clam up and stop talking, too"
Don hasn't stopped talking which I feel, has been his biggest downfall.

Yep.
I am thinking through some theories , but the only fact I know at this time is that Summer is missing.
I'm still at square one.
Which is awful.
Wish there were answers by now !
Imo.
ITA. This is awful.. IMO, the last MSM with DW showing the path and insisting she was abducted then sheriff saying NO evidence of that. DW still going on and on about all the drug activity up there then the sheriff saying NO not any different than other roads in the county, plus it's a dead end road and remote.
Lots of room for doubt when it comes to DW and CW.
The parents may well be innocent of any wrongdoing in regards to Summer disappearing. Or not. All MOO

<modsnip - not an approved YouTube Channel>

What LE has now confirmed in this case:

• Summer Moon Utah Wells was reported missing on June 15, 2021 at approximately 6:30 p.m.
  • Dogs tracked Summers scent to the road. (Ben Hill Road)
  • The 1998-2000 red or maroon Toyota Tacoma with a ladder rack and white buckets in the bed of the truck has not been found.
  • A neighbor hearing a scream was looked into, but was unfounded.
  • Ben Hill Road is not a drug hot spot.
  • “Ben Hill is a dead end road, so…it gets very little traffic, if any,” per Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson.
  • “Everyone in Summer’s case is still a suspect.” Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson
I have a feeling that Sheriff Lawson has gotten tired of hearing that Ben Hill Road is a drug corridor with all manner of riff raff coming and going at all hours. He has said very little until now, but in this interview he is definitely setting the record straight on a number of points.

I find the use of the word “suspect” interesting. Does that mean they have ruled out the idea, for the most part, that Summer just wandered off and got lost? I wonder what their working theory is? We have heard from people who have come forward and spoken to the media or on social media. Who don’t we know about? Who haven’t we heard from?

No one has been cleared.

ITA. This is awful.. IMO, the last MSM with DW showing the path and insisting she was abducted then sheriff saying NO evidence of that. DW still going on and on about all the drug activity up there then the sheriff saying NO not any different than other roads in the county, plus it's a dead end road and remote.
Lots of room for doubt when it comes to DW and CW.
The parents may well be innocent of any wrongdoing in regards to Summer disappearing. Or not. All MOO

"DW still going on and on about all the drug activity up there then the sheriff saying NO not any different than other roads in the county, plus it's a dead end road and remote."

This is one of the particular comments made by the Sheriff that has me wondering a bit about LE's approach to DW and CW, and Summer's case entirely. Just for clarification, this is not necessarily my position on the case- however I think it is an avenue worth investigating in light of how long Summer has been missing without a trace.

HAVE the Wells' been written off due to their socio-economic status? Their less than stellar past? DW's history? Substance abuse? Possible DV history?
Why would the Sheriff make a statement like that?

All one has to do is a quick search on the internet to find that Hawkins County has had/has a pretty significant drug issue- as do many parts of the US, including the rural SE. Why would the Sheriff sort of dismiss illicit drug use/traffic/trade/manufacturing as a possible component in a missing childs' case (one without any apparent leads whatsoever?) Especially one where the child allegedly disappeared from the end of their driveway, along a dead end rural road, with a possible witness driving an unknown and unfamiliar pickup truck, in a county that struggles with disproportionally high drug activity? Where it appears some locals refused searches of their properties?

I think if I were DW, and I knew without a shadow of a doubt that I didn't cause my daughters disappearance- and I 100% believed my wife and her recount of the day...I'd be pretty darn focused on a kidnapping by someone involved with illicit drugs myself.

Struggling to understand why LE would NOT be, unless they have evidence that points toward a person of interest unrelated to that type of scenario. Which they have NOT said. What are everyone else' thoughts on this?

<modsnip - not an approved YouTube channel>

What LE has now confirmed in this case:

• Summer Moon Utah Wells was reported missing on June 15, 2021 at approximately 6:30 p.m.
  • Dogs tracked Summers scent to the road. (Ben Hill Road)
  • The 1998-2000 red or maroon Toyota Tacoma with a ladder rack and white buckets in the bed of the truck has not been found.
  • A neighbor hearing a scream was looked into, but was unfounded.
  • Ben Hill Road is not a drug hot spot.
  • “Ben Hill is a dead end road, so…it gets very little traffic, if any,” per Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson.
  • “Everyone in Summer’s case is still a suspect.” Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson
I have a feeling that Sheriff Lawson has gotten tired of hearing that Ben Hill Road is a drug corridor with all manner of riff raff coming and going at all hours. He has said very little until now, but in this interview he is definitely setting the record straight on a number of points.

I find the use of the word “suspect” interesting. Does that mean they have ruled out the idea, for the most part, that Summer just wandered off and got lost? I wonder what their working theory is? We have heard from people who have come forward and spoken to the media or on social media. Who don’t we know about? Who haven’t we heard from?

No one has been cleared.
bbm
<modsnip - video removed>
The red truck may be a red herring ;) ; and from past threads the information about this truck was possibly provided by DW.
It'd be good to know what sheriff Lawson actually thinks about the truck in question ?
LE did issue a be on the lookout for the truck, but they were going on information provided to them.

DW worked (works ?) full time and they own 11 acres of land and the house.
CBW is a full time stay at home mom.
It doesn't look like they were written off for their economic status and that the Well's are not living in poverty.

My guess is that LE would like to find Summer's remains and then proceed from there ?
Imo.

"DW still going on and on about all the drug activity up there then the sheriff saying NO not any different than other roads in the county, plus it's a dead end road and remote."

This is one of the particular comments made by the Sheriff that has me wondering a bit about LE's approach to DW and CW, and Summer's case entirely. Just for clarification, this is not necessarily my position on the case- however I think it is an avenue worth investigating in light of how long Summer has been missing without a trace.

HAVE the Wells' been written off due to their socio-economic status? Their less than stellar past? DW's history? Substance abuse? Possible DV history?

All one has to do is a quick search on the internet to find that Hawkins County has had/has a pretty significant drug issue- as do many parts of the US, including the rural SE. Why would the Sheriff sort of dismiss illicit drug use/traffic/trade/manufacturing as a possible component in a missing childs' case (one without any apparent leads whatsoever?) Especially one where the child allegedly disappeared from the end of their driveway, along a dead end rural road, with a possible witness driving an unknown and unfamiliar pickup truck, in a county that struggles with disproportionally high drug activity? Where it appears some locals refused searches of their properties?

I think if I were DW, and I knew without a shadow of a doubt that I didn't cause my daughters disappearance- and I 100% believed my wife and her recount of the day...I'd be pretty darn focused on a kidnapping by someone involved with illicit drugs myself.

Struggling to understand why LE would NOT be, unless they have evidence that points toward a person of interest unrelated to that type of scenario. Which they have NOT said. What are everyone else' thoughts on this?
I agree with you.

I tend to completely agree with you. Issues aside with this family, I feel like Summer is not getting a fair shake towards finding her. Just on this site, I've read pages and pages devoted to a milk jug. Everyone, everywhere is so intent on crucifying less than stellar parents that they forget a 5 year old is missing here. JMO

Perhaps the Sheriff doesn’t know what he doesn’t know. IIRC Trisha from WS had a guest by the name of Scott who is very familiar with the area where the Wells live. He gave a very grim opinion of the illegal a activity in that area. There was also a member here who gave the same (IIRC) about no way would they want to drive through that area.

Maybe the Sheriff is downplaying any problems by saying it’s no different than any other area or he doesn’t want to alarm people. Or his comment was true.

For me, I tend to go with what residents have to say about drug & crime areas. IMO

So where would an abductor park a vehicle? On Ben Hill Road? Bottom of the driveway? Ready to make a quick u-turn because it's a dead end?

Or on Beech Creek Road? Maybe across the road, at the cemetery? Or a little closer to the house, maybe on the driveway at the "shack?"
Some of the videos taken of the property show that there were paths that seem to lead to the road at the bottom. It wouldn't have been easy, but it was possible for sure.

<modsnip>

I for one don't judge people on their socio economic status. I judge the parents' on their inconsistencies and also their behaviour after Summer went missing.

The inconsistencies of which, there are many have been re-hashed over and over through many threads, so I won't go over them. Until we receive any new information it seems fruitless at this point to repeat it all.

There is a possibility Summer was taken, but is it probable that everything aligned perfectly that day? Slim chance IMO.

Just wanted to add -
"I'd clam up and stop talking, too"
Don hasn't stopped talking which I feel, has been his biggest downfall.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't. When they talked at the beginning, they got slammed by social media. If they don't talk, it's suspicious.

Granted, his talking has been unhelpful for sure. However, I truly believe that he is trying (in his own off-kilter way) to defend himself and his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member