AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'During his 1 p.m. appearance, Wells pleaded guilty to his Driving Under Influence charge, and the state dropped all other charges from his Oct. 30 arrest. While in court, Wells claimed a toxicology screen from the night of the arrest returned without evidence of drugs. Wells also said a blood alcohol screening taken that night returned with a level of 0.13%.'

Don Wells in jail for DUI (wjhl.com)

Last edited:
'During his 1 p.m. appearance, Wells pleaded guilty to his Driving Under Influence charge, and the state dropped all other charges from his Oct. 30 arrest. While in court, Wells claimed a toxicology screen from the night of the arrest returned without evidence of drugs. Wells also said a blood alcohol screening taken that night returned with a level of 0.13%.'

Don Wells in jail for DUI (wjhl.com)
From your link:
While in court, Wells claimed a toxicology screen from the night of the arrest returned without evidence of drugs. Wells also said a blood alcohol screening taken that night returned with a level of 0.13%.
Wells passed a note in court to News Channel 11’s Bianca Marais, which read, “Thanks to everyone for all positive support. It’s been very difficult.”
While in court, Wells told General Sessions Judge Todd Ross that he “wanted to get away” as he and Bly were arguing, to which Judge Ross responded, “that’s what feet are for.”

Wells also told Judge Ross that he and Bly were taking classes to regain custody of their sons and that he still worked a full-time job at the time.
Wells told officers that he had taken a “couple shots” of alcohol, the affidavit states, and that he had taken the bottle seen by officers from his wife, Candus Bly, because of an argument. The affidavit states that the bottle was half empty at the time.
Don Wells in jail for DUI

From your link:
While in court, Wells claimed a toxicology screen from the night of the arrest returned without evidence of drugs. Wells also said a blood alcohol screening taken that night returned with a level of 0.13%.
Wells passed a note in court to News Channel 11’s Bianca Marais, which read, “Thanks to everyone for all positive support. It’s been very difficult.”
While in court, Wells told General Sessions Judge Todd Ross that he “wanted to get away” as he and Bly were arguing, to which Judge Ross responded, “that’s what feet are for.”

Wells also told Judge Ross that he and Bly were taking classes to regain custody of their sons and that he still worked a full-time job at the time.
Wells told officers that he had taken a “couple shots” of alcohol, the affidavit states, and that he had taken the bottle seen by officers from his wife, Candus Bly, because of an argument. The affidavit states that the bottle was half empty at the time.
BBM That ship may have just sailed. JMO

I think I missed something. Why is Candus going to jail?

(edited to fix typo)
My bad. DW is going to jail. To those who saw the above post about CW and DW being separated. It is should have read DW is going to jail. I either need new glasses or more coffee or both. Sorry about that. needing glasses and/or more coffee are JMO (but probably true)

Last edited:
He'll probably be out in a few weeks.

<moo>

"Wells said in court that this was his first DUI, to which the judge agreed. The mandatory minimum sentence for that charge is 48 hours in jail, 88 hours of community service, one year of a revoked license, and a $350 fine. However, since Wells’ arrest was a violation of his probation related to a previous possession of a handgun while intoxicated charge, he must serve the remainder of his time of 11 months and 29 days at the Hawkins County Jail. Wells was taken directly from the Hawkins County Courthouse to the Hawkins County Jail that same afternoon."

[...]

Wells may not have to serve the full time, as he may be eligible for probation again after 180 days and the completion of an alcohol rehabilitation program.

Last edited:
Where are they going to go with limited funds? I could see CB/CW going to CH’s but that would put her out of state and I don’t know if DW would self destruct.

It appears that Don is going to jail for about 6 months. There he will have food, housing, and hopefully enter a treatment program. My hope, with him out of the way for awhile, is that Candus will enter a treatment program on her own. I doubt she'll do so, especially if " kind strangers " continue to fund her habits , but losing her kids and her husband could be a rock bottom for her. Either way, and apart from whatever happened to Summer, this is a family deep in crisis , and the crisis, imo , stems from addiction. Until that is addressed, I don't see any movement toward a more healthy family dynamic here.

ALL MOO, of course.

<moo>

"Wells said in court that this was his first DUI, to which the judge agreed. The mandatory minimum sentence for that charge is 48 hours in jail, 88 hours of community service, one year of a revoked license, and a $350 fine. However, since Wells’ arrest was a violation of his probation related to a previous possession of a handgun while intoxicated charge, he must serve the remainder of his time of 11 months and 29 days at the Hawkins County Jail. Wells was taken directly from the Hawkins County Courthouse to the Hawkins County Jail that same afternoon."

[...]

Wells may not have to serve the full time, as he may be eligible for probation again after 180 days and the completion of an alcohol rehabilitation program.

Im not sure about that.

<modnsip - no link>
I dont think he will make parole in the short term. No matter how many courses he does in jail.

On top the Wells like who they are and their lifestyle. Thats not going to look positive to LE.

Last edited by a moderator:

<moo>

[...]

His first DUI. Sounds like he doesn't think it's a big deal,and plans on getting more,a second,third.... Especially since he's blaming someone else. As if they forced the alcohol down his throat, and held him at gun point,and forced him to get behind the wheel,and drive. MOO

His first DUI. Sounds like he doesn't think it's a big deal,and plans on getting more,a second,third.... Especially since he's blaming someone else. As if they forced the alcohol down his throat, and held him at gun point,and forced him to get behind the wheel,and drive. MOO
I'm sure that having his freedom taken away is not a trivial event to him. He has admitted that the DUI was a stupid thing to do. Hopefully he will not drive while intoxicated in the future. JMO.

‘A stupid decision’: Wells family releases statement after father of Summer Wells arrested on DUI charge | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Where are you getting that impression from?

BBM

I'm sure that having his freedom taken away is not a trivial event to him. He has admitted that the DUI was a stupid thing to do. Hopefully he will not drive while intoxicated in the future. JMO.

‘A stupid decision’: Wells family releases statement after father of Summer Wells arrested on DUI charge | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
It's really very sad. Addiction is so ugly, and unchecked it will take all; as it seemingly is doing to this family.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I know this won’t be a popular opinion, but I would prefer if the judge let him work, sentenced him to a sober living half way house with daily breathalyzer, and mandated a daily AA meeting. If he failed even 1 breathalyzer, off to jail.

amateur opinion and speculation

100%. They need to be put into separate treatment programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr