AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother said, "I'm scared that somebody is hurting her and there's nothing I can do about it and it...it...it smothers me."

I have never heard "smothers me" used this way. Is this a common expression in the South or Tennessee?

Mother said, "I'm scared that somebody is hurting her and there's nothing I can do about it and it...it...it smothers me."

I have never heard "smothers me" used as an expression of emotion. Is this a common expression in the South or Tennessee?
I think she was going to say... kills me... realized she didnt want to say that word, and stumbled finding amother word meaning crushing her.

Mother expressed the strongest emotion when talking about her boys. IMO she teared up.
probably because thats what shes witnessed the most recently, their suffering right now. i would be a suspicious MESS during these types of on camera stuffs. I probably wouldn't even do one! is my missing child going to be watching t.v while they're gone? is whoever had taken them going to be moved to just let them go with the risk of them being arrested? what would it do but open me/my family up to speculation and criticism? i WOULD give any useful information and thats it. my child would know i loved them. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, we're all different, but when it comes to a missing child, I think we all have in common that we would do ANYTHING to try to get our child back, even if we thought it might not work. We would be so deperate! jmo

probably because thats what shes witnessed the most recently, their suffering right now. i would be a suspicious MESS during these types of on camera stuffs. I probably wouldn't even do one! is my missing child going to be watching t.v while they're gone? is whoever had taken them going to be moved to just let them go with the risk of them being arrested? what would it do but open me/my family up to speculation and criticism? i WOULD give any useful information and thats it. my child would know i loved them. i completely understand where everyone is coming from with analyzing what the family says or comes off as but its just pure speculation and opinion and perspective.

probably because thats what shes witnessed the most recently, their suffering right now. i would be a suspicious MESS during these types of on camera stuffs. I probably wouldn't even do one! is my missing child going to be watching t.v while they're gone? is whoever had taken them going to be moved to just let them go with the risk of them being arrested? what would it do but open me/my family up to speculation and criticism? i WOULD give any useful information and thats it. my child would know i loved them. i completely understand where everyone is coming from with analyzing what the family says or comes off as but its just pure speculation and opinion and perspective.
That’s the thing though. You’re right, the way we would act (or think we would act), isn’t necessarily the same way someone in this situation would act.

That’s why I think it’s important to look at all the cases we have followed.

How did those people behave when faced with a similar situation?

I’m not sure what happened here, and who is responsible for it. But I do see the behavior of the mother as an outlier.

Maybe it means something, and maybe it doesn’t.

See, I think that a desperate mother puts aside her shyness, her fragile ego, her fear of what others might say, her depression, her impairment, her insecurity, because her love for her child and her fear of losing the child give her the strength and courage to do what needs to be done.

I have seen many mothers and fathers plead for their children, all kinds of parents, including those with all the qualities mentioned above. I don't think any of those characteristics are more powerful than a parent's desire to find their child.

Maybe insecurity and fear of criticisim win the day when a parent has to go to a school conference, or show up to a concert, or interact with other parents.
But when your child is missing? That's a whole other level.

See, I think that a desperate mother puts aside her shyness, her fragile ego, her fear of what others might say, her depression, her impairment, her insecurity, because her love for her child and her fear of losing the child give her the strength and courage to do what needs to be done.

I have seen many mothers and fathers plead for their children, all kinds of parents, including those with all the qualities mentioned above. I don't think any of those characteristics are more powerful than a parent's desire to find their child.

Maybe insecurity and fear of criticisim win the day when a parent has to go to a school conference, or show up to a concert, or interact with other parents.
But when your child is missing? That's a whole other level.
but would you be subjected to the exact type of criticism this family is? i've been a gutter person. i know what its like to be looked at or talked about the way this family is. i can completely understand this. and i know that people already want to try to get their sons out of the house and that no matter what already whatever she says or if she stayed off camera the criticism would still be there.

Where a predator just driving along a remote country road happened to spot her and scooped her up ? Or some human trafficker from good old Mexico way patiently laid in wait for her, just knowing that she would eventually wander down to the street ? At some point ? One day ?

Or she saw a person/vehicle which she knew and ran down to greet them. If Summer went to the subject it would fit the timeline, she would be gone within minutes. Her scent would end at the road, she would not answer or respond to anyone calling her. She would not be in the area for searchers to find her. Household member were in the house or the other side of the house and would not have seen Summer run down to the road.

IMO desperation would be stronger than fear of criticism, regardless of station in life.
People do a lot of things in an emergency that they ordinarily wouldn't be able to do.

but would you be subjected to the exact type of criticism this family is? i've been a gutter person. i know what its like to be looked at or talked about the way this family is. i can completely understand this. and i know that people already want to try to get their sons out of the house and that no matter what already whatever she says or if she stayed off camera the criticism would still be there.

because its been one of the main points of criticism.
Honestly, I'm floored at the traction her hair has gotten.
It makes me so sad, I had a "pixie cut" when I was her age. No one asked why or said I had lice or that I looked like a boy, they said it was cute.
Social media really brings out the cruelty, it inspires folks to gang up, going so low as to publicly criticise a little girl's hair.
Then when her mother is hurt by that ongoing criticism, out of her realm in an interview by press and <modsnip>, she goes on defense and it's the proof they needed that she hurt her child? Lol. Sure.
If I were her mom, I would stay silent, everything is proof of her guilt to those who already made up their minds.
I don't know what happened to Summer Moon, I don't have evidence to know, but I'm pretty sure whatever happened had nothing to do with her hairdo; be it family hiding abuse or accident, or walking away and getting lost and injured, or abduction by a stranger or someone she knew.
Thankfully, at least our justice system requires every jury to be instructed to start from a place of innocence for the defendant and the prosecutor must prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, so no one is judged by a hairdo or any other unconventional appearances.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or she saw a person/vehicle which she knew and ran down to greet them. If Summer went to the subject it would fit the timeline, she would be gone within minutes. Her scent would end at the road, she would not answer or respond to anyone calling her. She would not be in the area for searchers to find her. Household member were in the house or the other side of the house and would not have seen Summer run down to the road.

I'm not saying that abduction doesn't happen, I'm simply saying that it is far more likely for a child to die as a result of abuse or neglect. And I personally do see warning signs here. Several.

That's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member