TN TN - Tabitha Tuders, 13, Nashville, 29 Apr 2003

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.tennessean.com/local/archives/04/05/51649836.shtml?Element_ID=51649836

An east Nashville neighborhood is looking forward to a summer in which its sleep, its streets and its lawn mowers will be safe — a summer without ''Fast Fred.''

http://www.tennessean.com/local/

''Hey, Fred, do you have my ashtray?''

Fred said he did not.

''I'll give you $10 for it.''

Minutes later, she said, they had their ashtray back and Fred had his ten-spot.

They said they had seen him drinking in the streets, driving recklessly at 30 mph in reverse when children were present, brandishing a knife and a bat, provoking neighborhood dogs and smoking a substance through a glass tube.

Voice mail claiming to be Tabitha probably a hoax, police say

By CHRISTIAN BOTTORFF
Staff Writer

A telephone message claiming to be from missing teen Tabitha Tuders, and maintaining she was being held against her will in Nashville, probably was a hoax, a Metro detective said yesterday.

The caller left the message on a telephone line belonging to the wife of a Smyrna police officer. The caller said she was in ''Dodge City,'' a nickname for a Nashville public-housing development that historically has had problems with rampant crime.

Detectives are trying to trace the call, but it probably was made from a cellular telephone, said Metro Youth Services detective Faye Okert. The message contained the sounds of cars in the background, Okert said.

The caller's telephone number was blocked and could not be immediately retrieved, the detective said. There was no explanation why such a message would be left with the wife of a Smyrna police officer, Okert said.

Even if the message was a hoax, investigators still want to know who left it, she said. Detectives have been to the housing development, Cumberland View, to search for Tabitha and have left a picture with the building's manager, Okert said.

Detectives also are looking for a man who the caller claimed is holding her. Detectives have not been able to find a person by the name given. No one by that name lives in Cumberland View, Okert said. The name was not released yesterday.

Okert said the caller was probably older than Tabitha, who went missing at 13 and would now be 14, but was pretending to be the missing girl and acting younger and upset.

''At some point during the conversation, she said, 'I'm OK, but come and get me. Get me to my mom,' '' Okert said.

Tabitha's mother and sister heard a recorded version of the message and determined that it was not the missing east Nashville girl, Okert said. They could not be reached yesterday for comment.

Tabitha has been missing since April 29, 2003, when she left her Lillian Street home to go to a nearby bus stop. She has had no contact with family members since she disappeared, police have said.

Okert said she could not recall any other hoax callers or messages throughout the yearlong investigation.

Thanks Johnny for the update. Was wondering if anything new had come up. I will pray she is found.

Wow. I'm not too horribly far (9 hours) from this area and this is the first thing I've ever heard about this. What a horrible story. I just can't imagine... Thanks for bumbing. I'll keep my eyes open.

your so right, this is a disturbing case, I was a volunteer that help to try and locate this child, I still hold her and the family in our prayers each day. It is still my belief that she got into a car with someone that she knew, perhaps the boyfriend of her older sister, that is one person that I have a strong feeling about. even though the police interviewed him and I think may have given him a poloygraph test still doesn't totally clear him in my mind, it would be easy for him to have borrowed another vehicle to use on that morning than to use the one that would be reconized in the neighborhood. but of course there are still others that the police have named either a person of interest or even a suspect, millard earl brown or smith " I can't remember " I believe is one person that the police have called a prime suspect but as of this date they haven't been able to connect him directly to tabitha, but have been able to connect him to another case involving a young boy that went to school with tabitha and lived nearby. I sure wish that the law enforcment would consider using a well known physic such as noreen ranier in this case. they did use one named silvia which to me is a real flake. noreen ranier has provided clues in many mysterious cases that ended up solving the case. even though she charges a fee I feel the tuders have nothing to lose and everything to gain if they were to allow noreen ranier the chance to help them. I feel that it could be the break in the case that the law enforcement would need. after all there has been an extensive search and gathering of lots of people that are persons of interest in this case.

So sad this case is still insolved and Tabitha still missing... :(

Johnny give her family hugs from me .

http://www.wsmv.com/Global/story.asp?s=2704096

December 16, 2004

Metro Police are investigating e-mail sent to Channel 4 News concerning the location of Tabitha Tuders. The now 14 year-old girl has been missing since April of 2003. Channel Four's James Lewis received the e-mail.

Based on the tip, a police cadaver dog sniffed through the woods in Montgomery Bell State Park, trying to find the remains of Tabitha Tuders.

E-mail sent to Channel 4 indicated her remains were near a small tree.

We get quite a lot of e-mail here [at Channel 4]. But when you get something like this, you really take it seriously. And so do the police.

Metro Detective Ronnie Brannom says they get about a tip a week. So far nothing has turned up.

"We'll go back over and see if we have anything that corresponds with this description," Det. Brannom said.

The e-mail was fairly explicit: a guard rail inside the park, description of the vehicle, and the suspect.

It was signed "NLNNFN", an anonymous account at Yahoo, but police say they check out all leads.

"Oh right. That's correct. We've got to investigate every lead like it's the real deal,” Det. Brannom said.

Meanwhile, the Tuders are getting ready for Christmas, but without their little one.

"Christmas is not the same without her but we have our grandchildren, our other two children to think about, too," said Tabitha’s mom Debra Tuders.

Police say they've received other phony clues like this but for the Tuders family, it's especially hurtful.

"You know, that's something I don't understand, why people send disturbing things like that because we're already hurting enough as it is," Tuders said.

Tabitha's picture is on the Christmas angel on top of the tree. A purple angel. Tabitha's favorite color.

Metro Police, the TBI and the FBI are using computer experts to determine who sent the e-mail.

http://www.tabithatuders.net/ is the new family website. It is still in progress, but feel free to sign the guestbook. After hearing news like this, the family could surely use some kind words. Thank you.
Kelly

I hope this email turns out to be from Tabitha and the boy she ran away with...

she's tired of hiding and is trying to get the case closed so she can start going outside again...

hmmmm...

NLNNFN

remember her love note...

different initials this time... NLN & NFN

could she be going under a married name now?

I was trying to find a thread on a missing girl from Tennessee (I think) - a Tabitha Tudors (not sure on last name). Does anyone know where it is?

I just bumped it & brought it to the front.

Thank you for remembering Tabitha.

Project Jason announces that Tabitha is the current 18 Wheel Angel campaign. Her campaign will continue through February 15th.

18 Wheel Angels is a national missing person's locator program in which truck drivers or other business travelers are recruited to place posters of a specific missing person along the way as they travel.

For additional information, please see:

http://www.projectjason.org/18wheel.html

You do not need to be a truck driver to help please posters.

You can also help by telling any truck drivers or trucking companies you know about this program.

Please also visit Tabitha's website at
http://www.tabithatuders.net/index.htm .

Thank you.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

hopefully the police will do some more investigating into this case. After many weeks and months of going back over the people that we have had suspicion of that could have had something to do with her disappearence, I feel very strongly on one person. that person moved from tennessee one week after she went missing, and leading up to her disappearence he was in the process of moving. his co-worker indicated he moved to new york to get married, he is not american, nor is he afro american, he is of a eastern nationality or there and about. from a distance he does appear or could appear to be afro american. tabitha from time to time would go to that market to get things, sometimes alone, other times with her mom, this man at some point and time made a sexual comment to an eleven year old girl, sometime shortly after the kid told her dad, he then went down there to confront him, this guy told the father that in his country they have relationships with very young girls, and even said that they marry young teens and preteens, and then he ask the father " what do you all do here?" the father replied that here " we kick your ***" and that was about the end of all that... one time when tabitha and her mom were there the man ask if tabitha was her child, she said yes. tabithas house is a very short walk to the market, lets say no more that about 300 yds or so. the co-worker lives across the street that divides her street from his street about 200 ft or so. the co-worker is of the same nationality but a bit older than the one that moved to new york, the one that moved is late 20s to maybe mid 30s. he lived not more than a mile or less from the market. he knew tabitha and that is to scary to think of, I see in my minds eye this man making some sort of offer to her to maybe help him over at the house for just a moment for what ever reason and maybe was going to reward her with free snack food and so on at the market, her favorite snacks were those slim jim beef sticks.. I feel she would go along with him, since she felt comfortable with him being the friendly man he was to the young kids in that area. I fear that is where she was attached at this mans house not far from the safety of her own house... since this man was moving it would be easy for him to dispose of her body, in a large box, or a large trash recycle bin which were everywhere in that neighborhood, these things aren't used by everyone for the reason that they were put out for, lots of folks put home trash in them and others used them for yard work, a container I am talking about would be more than large enough to place a child the size of tabitha in it and just roll it right into a moving van, if he didn't use one of those she would have been small enough to place in a box or wrapped up in old carpet or whatever, I feel he used the dumpster container at the market to dispose of her, it set right along side the store and there would not be anyone think anything of him putting stuff in the container, one he worked there, two he was in the process of moving, and three, there were lots of new small houses going up right next to the store, so there wouldn't be anyone look at him as doing something like discarding trash and so on, he then could keep an eye on it till the container was picked. he knew which days that it would be dumped. the police learned of him through us that were doing the searches and talking to all in the area. I think that the police finally tracked his phone number down and called him in new york and ask questions over the phone, I feel this is not the way to do a investigation, they should have at least gone there or had other agencys to look in to him. if he is the one, he just got away with murder. I sorely feel that little tabitha is no longer with us here, but her spirit and memory is. a boyfriend of her sisters would be the only other likely person that she would trust, the cops have given him a lie detector test, I think he passed, so has a lot of other guilty folks done the same and came out clean, maybe a voice stress test should be done in place of the other type of test. tabithas abductor knew her and knew that she would get in the car. I hope the police will re-open this case and look at it differently. the police have had lots of leads but none of them have turned up anything new. some months back someone sent an email to channel 4 news and we thought this would be the closure the family was seeking, but nothing ever came of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean
Back