TN TN - Tabitha Tuders, 13, Nashville, 29 Apr 2003

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow Johnny. That article left me speechless.

Our children just aren't safe, period.

I still hold out Hope For Tabitha.

http://www.tennessean.com/local/archives/03/12/43495889.shtml?Element_ID=43495889

I pray this is not Tabitha.....

Examiner analyzing bones found at lake

Several bones of an unknown origin found along a trail at Percy Priest Lake are being analyzed by the Metro medical examiner's office, Metro police said.

It is too early to tell whether the bones are from a human or an animal, Metro police Sgt. Danny Collins said.

A man called police yesterday to say that he found the bones as he was walking on the trail, Collins said. The man, whose name was not released, was handing them over to officials later yesterday, Collins said. The state and Metro medical examiner's office confirmed yesterday that it is investigating.

Details were not released yesterday about where the bones were found. The analysis could take until next week, Collins said

Message 1 of 1 in Discussion

From: laffytaffy1221 (Original Message) Sent: 10/21/2003 10:08 PM
Boo I just wanted to put a liitle something in here so that you would know how much i missed you while you were gone. I know that one day you will come home and be able to read this. It has been almost six months since you have been gone and we know nothing, I just dont understand. How could somebody take you away from us. We miss you soooo much. I wish I could wake up in the morning and you be home. Dont worry Tabitha we will get the people that have you. They try to say that you ran away but we know that you didnt. I know that we may have fought somethimes but I love you very much. I would do anything just to see you roll your eyes at me again. You never know how much love you have for someone until there gone. Mom told me that I would regret fighting with you if something ever happend, guess what I do. I never thought I would be here having to write you a letter like this. I just want this to all end. One day I will be able to give you a big hug and tell you that I love you (I really do!). The words have not come out of my mouth a lot but I really do. I know you know that I do, even if I never told you a lot. Im going to go but I will stop in and write every couple of days. I just now got access to this web site but I promise it wont take this long anymore to write. You will be home soon Boo. I love you always. Your only sister JAMIE

p.s. I think about you every day. Preston and Brianna still loves you also.

Ex-teacher charged with fondling girl

By IAN DEMSKY
Staff Writer

A former teacher at a state residential psychiatric facility for children in Nashville was arrested yesterday afternoon and charged with fondling a 14-year-old girl, Metro police said.

John William Downton, 58, of Quail Meadow Drive in Lebanon, was a teacher and counselor at the Belmont Boulevard campus of the Middle Tennessee Mental Health Institute — formerly known as Crockett Academy — which serves teens and youth in ''severe mental distress,'' said Tony Troiano, spokesman for the state Department of Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities. The facility generally houses 17-19 patients ranging in age from 6 to 17.

Downton was named in a 36-count indictment charging seven counts of sexual battery by an authority figure, one count of attempted sexual battery by an authority figure, 11 counts of official oppression, 11 counts of official misconduct, three counts of public indecency and three counts of assault through offensive or provocative contact, police said.

He was first employed with MTMHI in 1982. He left to work at the Department of Correction and returned to the institute in October 1988, Troiano said.

An investigation into Downton began April 28 when he was absent from work, Troiano said. It was then that two other girls said he had inappropriately touched them in class, police said.

Complaints were filed against him that day to officials at the school and the state. Downton was immediately placed on leave pending an investigation. He never returned to work.

Starting two days later, mental health and state Department of Children's Services investigators began interviewing girls from the facility.

During the interviews, which lasted through most of May, the 14-year-old revealed the fondling, police said. It was reported to have occurred over a several-month period in 2002 and 2003 in numerous locations across campus.

Downton, on the advice of counsel, declined to be interviewed, Troiano said. He submitted a letter of resignation July 10, effective immediately, but it was not accepted pending the outcome of the investigation.

On July 23, his resignation was accepted in lieu of termination for gross misconduct based on the substantiated complaint, Troiano said.

He said he thought all the girls who may have been affected by Downton had already come forward. Downton's personnel file was not available yesterday afternoon, and it was unknown if it contained any similar allegations or previous disciplinary actions.

Downton remained in Metro Jail yesterday in lieu of $100,000 bond.

April 28th was Monday before Tabitha turned up missing and a friend of Tabitha's had stayed overnight with her and walked to school with her, so what if he was planning to abduct her that day and then couldn't because of the other girl and came back on Tuesday.

The Tuders are flying up to New York to be on the Montel show , this coming Tuesday and Wednesday. Sylvia Brown is going to do a "psychic reading".

Anyone have any input on the show and Sylvia???????

Johnny,
I understand the parents wanting to hear what Sylvia has to say and get media attention for their daughter. I'm sure I would have to do the same thing if I were in their shoes.

Just tell them not to expect any support from Montel, Sylvia or the production people. Maybe they can bring their own support group. From what I understand, when Leanna Warner's parents did the show with Sylvia, Sylvia basically gave them very bad news and then the devastated parents were shuffled out the door like yesterday's trash. IMO, when doing this kind of show with devastated parents, the producers need to provide some kind of counselling or assistance after the show.

JMO.

NASA lab to scrutinize tapes possibly showing Tabitha

Two surveillance videotapes that show girls who might be Tabitha Tuders will be enhanced and analyzed by NASA using state-of-the-art computer equipment, Metro police said yesterday morning.

The National Aeronautics and Space Administration will analyze a video from a Brentwood Red Roof Inn taken about a month after Tabitha, 13, disappeared from her east Nashville neighborhood on April 29. The other video, taken after the Red Roof Inn video, was shot several months ago at a Wal-Mart store in Columbia, Tenn., police said. Additional details about that tape were not available.

The videos will be enhanced free by technicians at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida, said Detective Faye Okert with the police Youth Services division. The tapes probably will be shipped to NASA early next week, police spokesman Don Aaron said.

''In assessing images on the tapes, we don't believe they depict Tabitha,'' Aaron said. ''But if the enhancement will definitely rule something in or out, we're all for it.''

The Tuders family has said the girl on the Wal-Mart video is not Tabitha. They couldn't say one way or the other about the video from the motel.

''I've seen the tape, but you definitely can't tell if it was her,'' Tabitha's mother, Debra Tuders, told The Tennessean in a previous interview. ''You can't make out the face, but the girl's body is built the same way'' Tabitha's is.

After no luck enhancing the video shot at Red Roof Inn, Metro police officials accepted an offer of NASA's assistance arranged through Project Safe Child, a Franklin-based firm that looks for missing children.

''The quality of the (motel) video is poor,'' Okert said. She said NASA officials said they might not be able to do much with it. ''But it's worth a try,'' she said.

The analysis of the videos will be completed as quickly as the NASA technicians' schedules allow, Aaron said. Attempts to reach NASA for comment were not successful this week.

Tuders family spokesman Johnny White said police also have home videos of early search efforts for Tabitha, in hopes of identifying anyone suspicious.

''At this point we're going back to anything and everything, to things that didn't seem to make a difference in the past,'' he said.

Tabitha's mother and father, Bo, are scheduled to travel to New York early next week to tell their story on the Montel Williams show to psychic Sylvia Brown, White said.

Family Hopes Psychic Will Lead Them To Tabitha
Posted: 12/15/2003 8:49:00 PM
Updated: 12/15/2003 8:57:02 PM
By: Joe Fryer

The parents of Tabitha Tuders are flying to New York Tuesday morning. They hope a famous psychic will help them find their missing daughter.

Debra Tuders and her husband will appear on the Montel Williams Show.

They'll get the chance to talk to psychic Sylvia Browne. The Tuders hope the psychic will provide some clues about Tabitha's disappearance.

The 13-year-old girl disappeared from her East Nashville neighborhood in April.

Despite numerous searches, there has been no sign of Tabitha during the past eight months.

"I mean I want to know, if she can tell me where she's at or who has her. If she is gone, tell me where her body's at so I can go get her," Debra Tuders said.

The Montel Williams Show will be taped Wednesday. It should air sometime next week.

http://www.wsmv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1565430&nav=1TcRJgqc

Tuders family asks psychic for help

December 15, 2003

The parents of Tabitha Tuders, the missing East Nashville girl, are taking their story to the Montel Williams show. Bo and Debra Tuders will also be talking with a well-known psychic.

13-year-old Tabitha Tuders was supposed to catch a ride to school last April while waiting at a bus stop. Instead she disappeared and now her parents are hoping that talk show host Montel Williams and psychic Sylvia Browne can bring them answers.

The small, blonde teenager has been the subject of massive searches by Metro police and local volunteers for the past 8 months. But there have been no concrete clues to tell her parents why she disappeared.

On Monday, a nervous Debra Tuders went shopping for an outfit for Montel Williams' national TV show. The Tuders family and friends have been asking psychic Sylvia Browne to give them guidance. They'll finally talk with her in New York Wednesday.

"I'm hoping Sylvia can tell us something, where she is, a name, something,” said Debra Tuders Tabitha's mother.

The Tuders fly to New York Tuesday for the show taping. They are hoping to get some clues to help them get through the Christmas season

Debra and Bo are having some of most awful times in the past few weeks, as no new information has come in and the holiday season without "Boo" has come. She told me the other night that we don't understand what its been like.................Johnny you and Renee (my wife) get to kiss your kids goodnight every night .....I haven't kissed "Boo" since the morning I left to go to work .......she was my heart and someone has ripped her away from me..............why can't they give her back!

Johnny.. Tears in my eyes..:( Please let them know I still think and pray for Tabitha daily.

I hope that Sylvia Browne can give a "positive" message for the Tuders..., I know the one she left with the Leanna Warner "beaners" family broke their hearts.

Keep Praying , as I will!

Annie, thanks for your continued support and Debra really appreciates the cards!!!! CBS and 48 hours are talking with Bo and Debra while they are in New York, I'll let you know how that turns out.

Im sending her another one tomorrow..! I tear up everytime i see them on news, holding her picture and crying, has broke my heart since the first day I heard of Tabithas dissapperance.

Hard to believe has been 8 months and still no word on where Tabitha is .. :( Just heartbreaking.

Johnny
Just to let you know that Shawn Hornbeck's Family went to see Montel also. They did not tell them very much on the show but Sylvia said she would do a reading for them after the show for a small fee of 600.00 dollars. I would appreciate that anyone having experience with Sylvia please post them on in our forum at http://www.projectsafechild.org/forum. We are contact several news agencies to investigate this issue.

Charles Jones
Project Safe Child

My heart really goes out to the Tuders family. They taped a Montel show with Sylvia Browne. Sylvia gave the Tuders family bad news. I understand why the Tuders family felt they had to meet with Sylvia - they are desperate to find their daughter. I hope they will be able to take what Sylvia said with some skepticism. Didn't Sylvia also say that Elizabeth Smart had died?

Here's a link:

http://www.newschannel5.com/content/news/3156.asp

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KellzBellz01