Found Deceased TN - Tamia Taylor, 21, met friend at 11:30pm and got on a riverboat, when riverboat docked she was missing, Memphis, 9 Sep 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree, and if the picture of the boat up thread is accurate, I don,t see any straight down into the water drops. There is a ledge below each level she would have had to jump out over, I don't seen how she could have fallen out of the first level level as it seems enclosed . MOO MOO MOO

You just heave yourself over that railing onto the floor on the other side, and over you go. Do you see where the woman wearing white is standing on the main deck at the bow? That's another easy over spot.

If she was being sick over the edge, people would likely turn their heads away from her, so it's possible she went over and no one noticed.

You just heave yourself over that railing onto the floor on the other side, and over you go. Do you see where the woman wearing white is standing on the main deck at the bow? That's another easy over spot.

If she was being sick over the edge, people would likely turn their heads away from her, so it's possible she went over and no one noticed.
JMO it’s also possible someone did see something but decided to stay silent for fear of being implicated in foul play. As was mentioned earlier drunken logic often isn’t very logical.

OTOH LE may very well have more information from passengers that they’re not yet ready to share.

All MOO

This story bothers me. The original story was that Tamia had to go to the restroom and put her phone on the table where her friends were. They picked it up and waited by the door. How can they tell the male when asked where is Tamia, that she was just right here and there is no words about her going to the restroom. It's as if they have no idea where she could have gone. JMO
They also don’t seem to be able to get their stories straight. Maybe they were all so inebriated / stoned they don’t really know what was going on.

It would seem pretty telling that there hasn't been any pleas for assistance or witnesses from LE, JMO
LE did ask that anyone else on the cruise to contact them.

Also apparently future cruises have been canceled for now. I wonder if that’s voluntary?

Memphis police are asking anyone who was on the Midnight Booze Cruise on September 9 to contact them.

Meanwhile, further Midnight Booze Cruise dates have been canceled on the Memphis Riverboats website.

LE did ask that anyone else on the cruise to contact them.

Also apparently future cruises have been canceled for now. I wonder if that’s voluntary?

Memphis police are asking anyone who was on the Midnight Booze Cruise on September 9 to contact them.

Meanwhile, further Midnight Booze Cruise dates have been canceled on the Memphis Riverboats website.

As like a very quick one sentence throw away at the very end of the article. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of a press conference request for information specifically. Thanks for letting me know.

She had a handbag though so most likel kept her phone in it. Which makes the “she left her phone on the table“ more puzzling to me.
I didn't see a purse in her outfit description or in the pic of her that night. Do we know what it looks like? If she had a purse, is it missing too?

FWIW, I don't like carrying a purse when I go out. It's too cumbersome. So I'm team "stick it in your bra if you don't have a pocket" in this instance. Even when I do carry a purse, I don't usually put my phone in there -- it's too difficult to get in and out if I want to send a text or take a pic, and I can't hear if it's ringing.

I didn't see a purse in her outfit description or in the pic of her that night. Do we know what it looks like? If she had a purse, is it missing too?

FWIW, I don't like carrying a purse when I go out. It's too cumbersome. So I'm team "stick it in your bra if you don't have a pocket" in this instance. Even when I do carry a purse, I don't usually put my phone in there -- it's too difficult to get in and out if I want to send a text or take a pic, and I can't hear if it's ringing.
ETA: couldn’t find photo so deleted. I guess I was dreaming. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
As like a very quick one sentence throw away at the very end of the article. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of a press conference request for information specifically. Thanks for letting me know.
Yeah, it seems like LE is working hard to find Tamia but I find their methods a little confusing:

WREG asked MPD for an update, but they say they have released all available information at this time.

As the community waits for answers, they are asking people to light a candle or leave their porch light on to show support in bringing Taylor home.

As the investigation continues, police are asking anyone with information to contact CrimeStoppers at (901) 528-CASH.

Yeah, it seems like LE is working hard to find Tamia but I find their methods a little confusing:

WREG asked MPD for an update, but they say they have released all available information at this time.

As the community waits for answers, they are asking people to light a candle or leave their porch light on to show support in bringing Taylor home.

As the investigation continues, police are asking anyone with information to contact CrimeStoppers at (901) 528-CASH.

Come on Memphis PD, that is spectacularly vague.

Do they think she went in the water? Walked off alone or with someone? Can they confirm or deny the golf cart taxi driver saw her?

Can they verify what people who were with her said about the evening?

Did they identify the guy she was talking to who gave her money for a drink?

A few simple facts would help guide the public in what to look for and where.

moo

Come on Memphis PD, that is spectacularly vague.

Do they think she went in the water? Walked off alone or with someone? Can they confirm or deny the golf cart taxi driver saw her?

Can they verify what people who were with her said about the evening?

Did they identify the guy she was talking to who gave her money for a drink?

A few simple facts would help guide the public in what to look for and where.

moo

They might not need help from the public at this point.

I may have read this wrong so I apologize. So her cousin went to the boat looking for her, “friends” say oh, we can’t find her. Then they call police. So, if the cousin had not arrived looking for her, would the friends have called LE or just taken her phone and then what?
At first, I thought she could have gotten lost coming from the bathroom and tried to exit the boat somewhere other than the real exits and slipped into the water. I’m assuming she didn’t pass and OD from drinking… in an area of the boat where they are overlooking her?

But
Ditto. I saw it yesterday linked in another article, but when I saw it as the headline, I went ahead and posted it just so we know what’s out there in msm. Speaking of 21, Tamia already has two children and is working, a difficult task for mothers. Is it any wonder why she wanted to legally mark her 21st year into adulthood? Perhaps, she over celebrated. I might have in her situation. She was already drinking and smoking before the party. She must have took longer than expected (maybe feeling the effects of alcohol), and since the partygoers didn’t send someone after her, they left anyway. Were they already on the second floor? Did she go downstairs looking for them? If she did go overboard, does that mean she was downstairs? What if she was disoriented when she came out of the bathroom, and couldn’t immediately find her “friends”? I can see her perhaps stumbling a bit, buzzed and looking around. What would she do? Would she start asking others around if they’d seen them? Would she begin the party on her own? What would others do if in same situation? I’m curious…
they say she left her cell with them?

So where is the cellphone?
If they have it and left with the cellphone but without her, it is not great.

If they left the boat and left her cell on the table, even worse

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amoody22
Back