Found Deceased TN - Tamia Taylor, 21, met friend at 11:30pm and got on a riverboat, when riverboat docked she was missing, Memphis, 9 Sep 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope each of her "friends" (and other witnesses) have been questioned separately. I fear that that opportunity may have been lost, that they have had time to coordinate and rehearse their responses to LE. MOO
me too. However, if they had the time running up and down Beale St. and trying to figure out what had happened, they prob. discussed various possibilities and sort of arrived at their own conclusion -- which perhaps will mean their stories and memories will match up. Matching stories could, of course, mean something sinister, but I don't think it necessarily does.

1694990000080.jpeg
The Memphis Police Department is asking anyone who was on the Island Queen Booze Cruise Saturday night to contact them

Memphis Riverboats

”She was with them, and then she had to go to the bathroom, she put her phone down on the table and they picked the phone up and proceeded to wait for her at the door. I don’t know what made them leave, but they left,” said Debra

1694990565760.jpeg

View attachment 447705
The Memphis Police Department is asking anyone who was on the Island Queen Booze Cruise Saturday night to contact them

Memphis Riverboats

”She was with them, and then she had to go to the bathroom, she put her phone down on the table and they picked the phone up and proceeded to wait for her at the door. I don’t know what made them leave, but they left,” said Debra

View attachment 447707
My hunch is she got off the boat when it docked, but looking at the photo, it doesn't look that hard to fall overboard! jmo

PURELY speculative/from my POV/etc:

Why would she go to the bathroom & leave her phone on the table?
No matter how intoxicated I've been, I have never just gotten up and left my phone on the table at the bar... and I asked my girlfriends this just now, and they agreed with me. I understand people can lose they phone, but this situation just doesn't make sense. Her friend says she said she had to go to the bathroom and left her phone at the table. They wait for her, then it's time to get off the boat, so they grab her phone & leave? They don't go search the bathroom?

I hate to say this, but... I am sort of getting Shanquella Robinson vibes here...

My hunch is she got off the boat when it docked, but looking at the photo, it doesn't look that hard to fall overboard! jmo
It looks a lot taller/higher than than I had imagined. I tried to find a photo that showed the exits but couldn’t find a clear one, that one in the middle is sharp though. You can see details.

I just looked for the statement from Memphis PD, thought it's worth bringing it forward.

View attachment 447209
"Early Sunday morning, Miss Taylor's mother drove to Memphis to file a missing person report after several unsuccessful attempts were made to contact her by phone."

If Tamia's friends had picked up her phone when they departed the boat, why weren't they answering it when her mama was calling her, worried sick?

*I did a search and Crime Online is the only one I can find that says two men and a woman. They got the story from WREG which I can’t find the original so I don’t know which one got it wrong. Good grief!

“Her cousin called and said he went down to meet her, and when he arrived he was told that Tamia was unable to be found. He asked them then, ‘What do you mean?’ The young lady then stated, ‘We do not know where she’s at,'” she said
*WREG is also the only one that reported anything about the cousin.
“I think that she went out with a group of people that maybe she thought was her friends, because Tamia always saw the good in people no matter what, to enjoy herself. And things took a turn for the worse,” said her mother Debra Taylor.

“Her cousin called and said he went down to meet her, and when he arrived he was told that Tamia was unable to be found. He asked them then, ‘What do you mean?’ The young lady then stated, ‘We do not know where she’s at,'” she said.

A police report states that Taylor texted her mother at 11:39 that night, saying she was on the boat, according to her mother. The cruise ended at 1:30 a.m., less than two hours later.

“I think that she went out with a group of people that maybe she thought was her friends, because Tamia always saw the good in people no matter what, to enjoy herself. And things took a turn for the worse,” said her mother Debra Taylor.

“Her cousin called and said he went down to meet her, and when he arrived he was told that Tamia was unable to be found. He asked them then, ‘What do you mean?’ The young lady then stated, ‘We do not know where she’s at,'” she said.

A police report states that Taylor texted her mother at 11:39 that night, saying she was on the boat, according to her mother. The cruise ended at 1:30 a.m., less than two hours later.
I'm a bit confused as to why the cousin came to meet her. Did she call him and say that she was too intoxicated to drive home? Did her mother call him and had him to go find out what was going on? Was it already planned that he would pick her up because people knew that she would be drinking heavily?

No matter how intoxicated I've been, I have never just gotten up and left my phone on the table at the bar... and I asked my girlfriends this just now, and they agreed with me. I understand people can lose they phone, but this situation just doesn't make sense. Her friend says she said she had to go to the bathroom and left her phone at the table. They wait for her, then it's time to get off the boat, so they grab her phone & leave? They don't go search the bathroom?

I hate to say this, but... I am sort of getting Shanquella Robinson vibes here...
I agree. If I needed two hands for anything I would put my phone in my bra, LOL.

I'm a bit confused as to why the cousin came to meet her. Did she call him and say that she was too intoxicated to drive home? Did her mother call him and had him to go find out what was going on? Was it already planned that he would pick her up because people knew that she would be drinking heavily?
Right? I'm unsure if the situation is just THIS sketchy or if the media is doing a rough job reporting the details.

"Early Sunday morning, Miss Taylor's mother drove to Memphis to file a missing person report after several unsuccessful attempts were made to contact her by phone."

If Tamia's friends had picked up her phone when they departed the boat, why weren't they answering it when her mama was calling her, worried sick?
Phone was locked most likely or battery dead.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Despite efforts from Memphis Police – on land and water – Tamia Taylor is still nowhere to be found.

A mother is desperate for answers one week after her 21-year-old daughter disappeared on Sept. 10.

“Something deep down inside of me tells me she is alive,” said Debra.

The last week has been filled with questions and heartache for Debra Taylor who is clinging to hope that her daughter is okay.

WREG asked MPD for an update, but they say they have released all available information at this time.

This photo of the boat seems to show indoor steps at the front of the boat. There's something else going on at the back which we can't see. And a third floor, which may be the crew. If so, it's possible crew members keep a close watch on people coming and going. The second level, has a deck area outside the rail, so that's an extra protection . . . I'd feel better if we could see the back of the boat and whether the guests go up and down steps on the outside of the boat . . . . I do feel that if the third level is staffed (as it appears to be) there's less likelihood she went overboard without being seen.
I don't think that's the right riverboat. I read the riverboat used on the booze cruises is the Island Queen, a smaller boat.

Here's a picture used in another story (from wcmtv) on the disappearance. There's another picture with a police officer on the top deck. But looking at this photo, I would think the bathroom was on the bottom or first floor not the open second floor.

FLBJHHMLXJGFTDKTNPKWFDERF4.png

I don't think that's the right riverboat. I read the riverboat used on the booze cruises is the Island Queen, a smaller boat.

Here's a picture used in another story (from wcmtv) on the disappearance. There's another picture with a police officer on the top deck. But looking at this photo, I would think the bathroom was on the bottom or first floor not the open second floor.

Do we know the capacity of the boat I.e. how many people can fit on there? Just wondering how many people were about on the night she vanished.

The floors are numbered differently on a boat, and it's hard to know exactly which floor they referred to when they speak of the first floor and the second. There are Decks, and Levels. Decks are numbered sequentially going down starting from the highest full length deck. Levels are numbered sequentially going up with the 1st level being just above the main deck. I'm not certain that everyone involved is numbering the decks and levels in the same way.

I would definitely leave my phone with friends. Public bathrooms are disgusting.

Do we know the capacity of the boat I.e. how many people can fit on there? Just wondering how many people were about on the night she vanished.
The company website says it’s a 300 passenger vessel.

The page for the “Booze Cruise“ itself also says the boat accommodates up to 300 people in a “club-like” atmosphere featuring “hip hop, rap, and R&B” music. I am alarmed by the reminder to “please eat prior to arrival”—IMO, it seems radically ill-advised to promote heavy drinking and then not give folks a chance to soak up some of their alcohol with snacks!

Last edited:
This story bothers me. The original story was that Tamia had to go to the restroom and put her phone on the table where her friends were. They picked it up and waited by the door. How can they tell the male when asked where is Tamia, that she was just right here and there is no words about her going to the restroom. It's as if they have no idea where she could have gone. JMO
And again, it’s her 21st birthday & they all leave without the birthday girl & I cannot fathom it!!! Nothing the friend has said (That’s been reported) makes any sense about what happened that night - MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9
Back