Found Deceased TN - Tamia Taylor, 21, met friend at 11:30pm and got on a riverboat, when riverboat docked she was missing, Memphis, 9 Sep 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
*I did a search and Crime Online is the only one I can find that says two men and a woman. They got the story from WREG which I can’t find the original so I don’t know which one got it wrong. Good grief!

“Her cousin called and said he went down to meet her, and when he arrived he was told that Tamia was unable to be found. He asked them then, ‘What do you mean?’ The young lady then stated, ‘We do not know where she’s at,'” she said
*WREG is also the only one that reported anything about the cousin.
I sure hope LE is less confused than msm!

Thanks for the link and photo. ^^^

That railing looks somewhat short for a boat.
I get it that it's not on the ocean, but couldn't there could be some rocking from the waves of other passing boats, etc. ?
Omo.
As much as this case is confusing and speculations as something nefarious, I believe this is a simple accident and she fell into the water and drowned. It takes a few days to surface, sorry!

View attachment 447245
Although the employee told WREG that there were no cameras inside the boat she was on, representatives with the riverboat company said they do not believe 24-year-old Taylor went overboard Saturday night. The company reportedly made the determination after watching social media posts

WREG also spoke with a woman who saw an “extremely intoxicated” Taylor on the boat, standing alone near the bar. The cruise company added that she made it back to the harbor, while a golf cart taxi driver said he saw her on Riverside Drive, with two men and a woman after the cruise ended

At 5 a.m. Sunday, her mother, Debra Taylor, told officers she received a text the night before around 9:30 p.m. that Tamia had made it to Memphis. Then at 11:39 p.m., she says Tamia told her she was on the boat.
*eta: If the friends‘ timing in their story is correct, and they waited until 11:30 to walk away, then how did Tamia text her mom so soon? I thought she didn’t have her phone. And, where is that phone now? It’s kinda running altogether…
There is also this report as well:

This is the article that states that the friends searched the boat for Tamia, and when the boat docked at 1.45am they phoned the police and Tamia's family to report her missing.

If this story from the friends is true, then we have a (sort of) timeline:

Saturday 9 September: 9.30pm Debra Taylor (Tamia's mother) receives a text from Tamia that says she had made it to Memphis.

Saturday 9 September: 11.39pm Debra receives a text from Tamia saying she is on the boat.

Saturday 9/Sunday 10 September: Unknown Time - Tamia disappears.

Sunday 10 September: Unknown Time - Tamia's friends search the boat for her.

Sunday 10 September: 1.45am Tamia's friends call her family and the police to say that Tamia has gone missing.

Sunday 10 September: 5.00am Debra Taylor speaks to police and tells them about the last two texts she received from Tamia.

Once again, remember this is if we believe the friends story of searching for Tamia on the boat. We know about the other earlier reports of the friends not searching for her and leaving the boat without her.

Also, we still do not have any information on what happened to her phone.

View attachment 447245
Although the employee told WREG that there were no cameras inside the boat she was on, representatives with the riverboat company said they do not believe 24-year-old Taylor went overboard Saturday night. The company reportedly made the determination after watching social media posts

WREG also spoke with a woman who saw an “extremely intoxicated” Taylor on the boat, standing alone near the bar. The cruise company added that she made it back to the harbor, while a golf cart taxi driver said he saw her on Riverside Drive, with two men and a woman after the cruise ended

At 5 a.m. Sunday, her mother, Debra Taylor, told officers she received a text the night before around 9:30 p.m. that Tamia had made it to Memphis. Then at 11:39 p.m., she says Tamia told her she was on the boat.
*eta: If the friends‘ timing in their story is correct, and they waited until 11:30 to walk away, then how did Tamia text her mom so soon? I thought she didn’t have her phone. And, where is that phone now? It’s kinda running altogether…
Doing the "selfie backflip" we see that her sash says "21 Finally Legal".
1694803090521.jpg
891398.jpgSash image source from Party City: Finally 21 Birthday Accessory Set, 6pc

What about the 7:30pm Saturday evening being added to the time-line

Jenkins said earlier Saturday Tamia drove from Brownsville to Jackson to go shopping, ”[At] 7:30 p.m., that’s when we all got dressed and was heading our way to Memphis. Tamia was already drinking. She had a little bottle with her and she was already taking shots and we were smoking,” said Jenkins.

instilla.grandma posted an article that said the riverboat
View attachment 447245

The riverboat company in this article says they “don’t believe she went overboard”. Didn’t an earlier article say that they KNOW she was on board the boat when it docked or am I imagining that?

The statements from eye witnesses, on seeing Tamia with the other three going up the hill and refusing the golf cart ride, hopefully is being checked out by LE.
Yes, I read a statement by a taxi driver that seems to suggest she was seen off the boat after it docked, with her friends. Is there another article with witness statements besides the one below? I don't know how witnesses, who didn't know who she was that evening, would necessarily be correct in their identification of her off the boat after it had docked. I would like to know why the witnesses are sure they saw her?? IDK, just my opinion only.
opinion only.

instilla.grandma posted an article that said the riverboat

The riverboat company in this article says they “don’t believe she went overboard”. Didn’t an earlier article say that they KNOW she was on board the boat when it docked or am I imagining that?
I was understanding that the Midnight Booze cruise was from 11:30 to 1:30 am

View attachment 447245

Hinky. Imo

As much as this case is confusing and speculations as something nefarious, I believe this is a simple accident and she fell into the water and drowned. It takes a few days to surface, sorry!
So you‘re thinking its a case of mistaken identity by the person who saw her after getting off the boat? That is a possibility.

What about the 7:30pm Saturday evening being added to the time-line

Jenkins said earlier Saturday Tamia drove from Brownsville to Jackson to go shopping, ”[At] 7:30 p.m., that’s when we all got dressed and was heading our way to Memphis. Tamia was already drinking. She had a little bottle with her and she was already taking shots and we were smoking,” said Jenkins.
What were they smoking? Just askin’.

I just looked for the statement from Memphis PD, thought it's worth bringing it forward.

View attachment 447209
IMO, Tamia did NOT go overboard. There are two exits off the boat, the reason her friends didn't see her leave and later could not find her - she exited while they were looking for her on the second floor. JMO~

Someone saw an opportunity to take advantage of a very inebriated young woman, who unfortunately was without her phone. Reminds me a little of Morgan Harrington in some ways.

Thanks so much for clearing that up. Apologies to all for my part I played in posting it. I wasn’t as careful as I should have been either. I knew it was off somehow but didn’t follow through on why my gut was telling me that. I’m sorry. It’s the last time I ever use the Mirror again. Count on it!
It's Ok, we knew it wasn't Tamia to begin with - reporter error.

View attachment 447245

Around 9 p.m., Jenkins said they arrived, parked on Beale Street, and walked the strip. At 11:15 p.m., Jenkins said he met up with more friends at Memphis Riverboats.

While waiting to board, he says Tamia met someone in line, “Them two were talking and whatever and he was telling her ‘Oh, you a Virgo, she’s a Virgo,’ so they started laughing and talking so he gave her some money to buy her a drink so she can celebrate her birthday,” said Jenkins.

Jenkins said after the Island Queen booze cruise took off, the group of four celebrated Tamia’s 21st birthday.

He said at some point Tamia walked alone to the bathroom and was gone for more than 15 minutes.”I walked down there to the first floor and I was talking to Canesha and Shanquila and I asked them where is Tamia? They looked and said she was just right here. So we all split it up and searched the whole boat while the boat was moving looking for Tamia.”

Jenkins said the group of friends searched the entire boat and around 1:45 a.m. when the cruise docked, they called police and Tamia’s family. After a search of the boat and the bars on Beale Street Tamia was still nowhere to be found.

What do you mean "they waited until 11:30 to walk away"? That's not what her friend said?

Around 9 p.m., Jenkins said they arrived, parked on Beale Street, and walked the strip. At 11:15 p.m., Jenkins said he met up with more friends at Memphis Riverboats.

While waiting to board, he says Tamia met someone in line, “Them two were talking and whatever and he was telling her ‘Oh, you a Virgo, she’s a Virgo,’ so they started laughing and talking so he gave her some money to buy her a drink so she can celebrate her birthday,” said Jenkins.

Jenkins said after the Island Queen booze cruise took off, the group of four celebrated Tamia’s 21st birthday.

He said at some point Tamia walked alone to the bathroom and was gone for more than 15 minutes.”I walked down there to the first floor and I was talking to Canesha and Shanquila and I asked them where is Tamia? They looked and said she was just right here. So we all split it up and searched the whole boat while the boat was moving looking for Tamia.”

Jenkins said the group of friends searched the entire boat and around 1:45 a.m. when the cruise docked, they called police and Tamia’s family. After a search of the boat and the bars on Beale Street Tamia was still nowhere to be found.

What do you mean "they waited until 11:30 to walk away"? That's not what her friend said?
I meant they weren’t standing by the bathroom door when she must have come out. If they would have been, they might have seen her. No judgment implied.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - Friday makes five days since 21-year-old Tamia Taylor disappeared.

The U.S. Coast Guard joined the search earlier this week assisting the Memphis Police Department.

The U.S. Coast Guard says they’re providing an advanced modeling system for the search. This is an in-depth tool used to track missing people or objects with limited information.

However, on Friday—down by the docks—the police presence was dialed back from what we saw earlier this week.

While MPD continues to investigate, every lead investigator has no person of interest.

At this time they have not said if the 21-year-old is endangered.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j@nky
Back