Found Deceased TN - Tamia Taylor, 21, met friend at 11:30pm and got on a riverboat, when riverboat docked she was missing, Memphis, 9 Sep 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought it was probably because no woman accepts drinks bought by a stranger anymore. Too risky - it might be drugged. So maybe this is how it's done now? They just hand you money? I'm just speculating.
speculating with you . . . They met in line before being on the boat. Once they boarded, they'd be splitting up and going with their own groups. So, in a celebratory gesture, as a "Happy Birthday" wish, he handed her money, "here, have a drink on me." Naturally, it can be simply that innocent. Or, they could have met up later, perhaps accidentally (so far as she knew) and already had that "good will" between them.

speculating with you . . . They met in line before being on the boat. Once they boarded, they'd be splitting up and going with their own groups. So, in a celebratory gesture, as a "Happy Birthday" wish, he handed her money, "here, have a drink on me." Naturally, it can be simply that innocent. Or, they could have met up later, perhaps accidentally (so far as she knew) and already had that "good will" between them.

yes sounds plausible

I think offering money for a drink can be common with young people and possibly just a part of culture. I worked at a mall back in the day and was surprised at how girls would boldly ask guys that showed interest, for money. To eat, pay a bill, get their nails done, buy shoes. The guys actually seemed to like to flash money or appear flush. It really was just a part of “wooing”.
Not my style, but definitely seems to be more popular now.

65003b4c767de.image.jpg

Debra Taylor, Tamia's mother, said: "She was with them, and then she had to go to the bathroom, she put her phone down on the table, and they picked the phone up and proceeded to wait for her at the door. I don't know what made them leave, but they left."
So they say they left? We are missing something big here. They waited at the door as you get off the boat, or the door to the bathroom? I can't see them leaving if she didn't come out of the bathroom without checking inside the bathroom. It doesn't make sense.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — An employee confirmed Thursday there were no surveillance cameras on the Memphis riverboat Tamia Taylor was on before she was reported missing, but that doesn’t mean there wasn’t a video recording of that night.

Thursday, officers returned to the scene as Taylor’s disappearance gains national attention. Police set up a mobile command center and crews appeared to be searching the water.

A police report outlines the timeline of events.

At 5 a.m. Sunday, her mother, Debra Taylor, told officers she received a text the night before around 9:30 p.m. that Tamia had made it to Memphis. Then at 11:39 p.m., she says Tamia told her she was on the boat.

WREG spoke with a woman who saw Tamia on the boat. She told us Tamia was extremely intoxicated standing by herself near the bar.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — An employee confirmed Thursday there were no surveillance cameras on the Memphis riverboat Tamia Taylor was on before she was reported missing, but that doesn’t mean there wasn’t a video recording of that night.

Thursday, officers returned to the scene as Taylor’s disappearance gains national attention. Police set up a mobile command center and crews appeared to be searching the water.

A police report outlines the timeline of events.

At 5 a.m. Sunday, her mother, Debra Taylor, told officers she received a text the night before around 9:30 p.m. that Tamia had made it to Memphis. Then at 11:39 p.m., she says Tamia told her she was on the boat.

WREG spoke with a woman who saw Tamia on the boat. She told us Tamia was extremely intoxicated standing by herself near the bar.

It seems possible that Tania went looking for a bathroom to vomit, but might not have found the bathroom, or there may have been a lineup. Perhaps she was sick over the side and ended up in the water. There really doesn't seem to be another explanation for why she suddenly was gone and no one saw her leave.

The cruise company says there was no reason to believe that she went overboard, but unless the doors to the outside were locked, which is not likely the case, there is no reason to claim that going overboard was out of the question. I think she went overboard and no one saw or heard her because the party was going strong inside.

Last edited:
So they say they left? We are missing something big here. They waited at the door as you get off the boat, or the door to the bathroom? I can't see them leaving if she didn't come out of the bathroom without checking inside the bathroom. It doesn't make sense.

They said they checked the entire boat, so I expect they checked the bathroom.

"At some point during the boat ride, Ms Taylor allegedly went off to the bathroom and was gone for more than 15 minutes. “We all split it up and searched the whole boat while the boat was moving looking for Tamia,” Mr Jenkins said to Action 5 News."

There is a picture of the boat at the link. It appears to me that going overboard is very possible.

Last edited:
“She was intoxicated, very intoxicated, and she was with some other people,” driver Jay Munn told Fox 13. “Everybody seemed happy. It wasn’t anything out of the ordinary.”
A police report states that Taylor texted her mother at 11:39 that night, saying she was on the boat, according to her mother.
1694759004910.jpeg
An employee confirmed Thursday there were no surveillance cameras on the Memphis riverboat Tamia Taylor was on before she was reported missing, but that doesn’t mean there wasn’t a video recording of that night.

They said they checked the entire boat, so I expect they checked the bathroom.

"At some point during the boat ride, Ms Taylor allegedly went off to the bathroom and was gone for more than 15 minutes. “We all split it up and searched the whole boat while the boat was moving looking for Tamia,” Mr Jenkins said to Action 5 News."

There is a picture of the boat at the link. It appears to me that going overboard is very possible.

Not to be gross but wouldn’t she have floated by now?

I thought the same thing. It looks nothing like the photo of her. Looks a lot older than 21.
Ditto. I saw it yesterday linked in another article, but when I saw it as the headline, I went ahead and posted it just so we know what’s out there in msm. Speaking of 21, Tamia already has two children and is working, a difficult task for mothers. Is it any wonder why she wanted to legally mark her 21st year into adulthood? Perhaps, she over celebrated. I might have in her situation. She was already drinking and smoking before the party. She must have took longer than expected (maybe feeling the effects of alcohol), and since the partygoers didn’t send someone after her, they left anyway. Were they already on the second floor? Did she go downstairs looking for them? If she did go overboard, does that mean she was downstairs? What if she was disoriented when she came out of the bathroom, and couldn’t immediately find her “friends”? I can see her perhaps stumbling a bit, buzzed and looking around. What would she do? Would she start asking others around if they’d seen them? Would she begin the party on her own? What would others do if in same situation? I’m curious…

Not to be gross but wouldn’t she have floated by now?

Other people missing in water seem to be recovered at about the two week period. It may also depend upon the amount of roots, reeds and debris in the water that could entrap a body for a longer time. Yohanes Kidsne was discovered two weeks after he went missing. We could name many more.

And now video from inside the booze cruise shows passengers dancing, drinking, singing, and having a good time. The footage, which was uploaded to Facebook by a fellow passenger, has been released to try and help police with their search for the missing mum. She is not thought to be in the video, but passengers remember seeing her dancing, according to the post.

Most little excursion boats like that that I've been on, yep, going overboard from halfway up the outdoor steps would be possible, esp for someone wobbly from booze. And the boating company can easily stop the discussion by producing the photos that show TT on board as they pulled into harbor. If the photos exist, just produce them. (Prob already have to LE, which is the important part.)

If the Coast Guard is now involved, they should be able to calculate when she was last seen heading for the bathroom and figure how many knots per hour they were going and know know more precisely how far from dock they were and where to start looking. Also they would know how far upstream or down stream to start looking at the river banks. MOO MOO MOO

And now video from inside the booze cruise shows passengers dancing, drinking, singing, and having a good time. The footage, which was uploaded to Facebook by a fellow passenger, has been released to try and help police with their search for the missing mum. She is not thought to be in the video, but passengers remember seeing her dancing, according to the post.
I’m completely confused now. I guess I need to go back and reread what was posted earlier. But, she was reported missing at 10:30 pm?
I thought she went missing after they got back to harbor. Where did I go wrong? Maybe I need new reading glasses, lol.
Because, according to this, this was before the boat ever left harbor, right?

So since the coast guard is now involved, it sounds like they believe she could have gone overboard.
Yet in the beginning the “friends” claimed they didn’t think she got on the boat. Nothing is making sense.

Those timeframes definitely don't add up. I thought I read there wasn't even a bathroom on the second floor? It makes it sound like they boarded the boat at 10:15 and by 10:30 they were looking for her which confuses me more because wasn't it verified she was on the boat when it pulled back in to dock?
Yes, this!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06
Back