Found Deceased TN - Tamia Taylor, 21, met friend at 11:30pm and got on a riverboat, when riverboat docked she was missing, Memphis, 9 Sep 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why would someone give her money to buy a drink? That sounds odd to me, why not buy her the drink when they got inside, they would have got in at the same time? I can't imagine a stranger handing her $10 or whatever in the line.
Maybe it was something like, "It's your 21st birthday? Wow. Let me help you celebrate - buy yourself your first drink with this," and hands her some money.

A little strange, perhaps, but I can see something like that with a crowd ready to have fun and it's someone's 21st.

jmo

Those timeframes definitely don't add up. I thought I read there wasn't even a bathroom on the second floor? It makes it sound like they boarded the boat at 10:15 and by 10:30 they were looking for her which confuses me more because wasn't it verified she was on the boat when it pulled back in to dock?
The woman in the still frame is
NOT 125lbs-are they claiming that is her on the boat?
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi2-prod.mirror.co.uk%2Fincoming%2Farticle30937848.ece%2FALTERNATES%2Fn310p%2F1_tayJPG.jpg&hash=2f16980ecd00ff9d74ae7486267cf464

I am confused. So, she came back from the bathroom but then just disappeared? She wouldn't leave her phone. Especially if she did leave with someone she met on the boat. JMO. How close to these friends was she? Ladies dont leave ladies behind!! Especially not in the world we live in. I don't see this ending well but it would be great if any of this made sense.

So if Kuandera, Canesha & Shanquila couldn't find Tamia on the boat, why when they left did they not contact the police? Or ask the boat staff to report a missing person? I believe it was Tamia's mother who contacted the police on the Sunday morning to report her missing.

What did the 3 of them do after the boat trip? Did they carry on drinking or did they go home?
According to the interview with Kuandera yesterday- he did contact police at 1 45 AM - after they couldn’t find Tamia. Sorry can’t link the article I’m on my phone.

So either he told one whopper of a lie in that interview or who she was seen with is not the friend group. That should be easy enough for LE to verify?

ETA, here’s a snip from the article-

“Jenkins said the group of friends searched the entire boat and around 1:45 a.m. when the cruise docked, they called police and Tamia’s family. After a search of the boat and the bars on Beale Street Tamia was still nowhere to be found.”

Last edited:
According to the interview with Kuandera yesterday- he did contact police at 1 45 AM - after they couldn’t find Tamia. Sorry can’t link the article I’m on my phone.

So either he told one whopper of a lie in that interview or who she was seen with is not the friend group. That should be easy enough for LE to verify?

ETA, here’s a snip from the article-

“Jenkins said the group of friends searched the entire boat and around 1:45 a.m. when the cruise docked, they called police and Tamia’s family. After a search of the boat and the bars on Beale Street Tamia was still nowhere to be found.”
If he was able to call family, is it because he had her phone? And then mom called cousin who went there in person?

I wish we had a timeline. I know people were likely intoxicated and memories perhaps are fuzzy, but it's a rather big deal to lose a person.

jmo

I'm leaning more towards she was taken advantage of by someone.
Either within the group, or someone unknown to any of them ?
More likely the latter; imo.

It's dark at night, and Idk if everyone was a bit tipsy, but if that was the scenario, people are less aware of their surroundings ... and thus much more vulnerable.

This is sounding very bad !
Omo.

If he was able to call family, is it because he had her phone? And then mom called cousin who went there in person?

I wish we had a timeline. I know people were likely intoxicated and memories perhaps are fuzzy, but it's a rather big deal to lose a person.

jmo
Bolding mine.
That throws me somewhat, concerning her friends' group ?

Does LE have Tamia's phone now ?
Omo.

Last edited:
What's needed is to clarify:

Did Tamia's friends search the boat for her or not?
Is there a bathroom on the 2nd floor of the boat?
Who contacted the police to report her missing - Tamia's mother or her friends?
Was Tamia on the boat at all?
Where is her phone now?

Just caught up on this thread.

This is one of the strangest cases I’ve seen in a while - nothing is adding up.

It’s hard to come to any conclusion with the information that has come out - if I was to guess I would at this stage say that the friends are innocent and that Tamia has left the boat with somebody after she went to the toilet.

Unfortunately, I don’t think this case has any chance of a happy ending - MOO.

May be similar to Nathan Mallards case- traveled to Baton Rouge for meetings, went out, drank and ended up in a bad area seeking drugs and “accidentally” had an OD. Stranger he was with panicked and rolled him up in a rug and hid his body. Not saying this is what happened but maybe she took something, had a bad reaction, friends or whomever she was with panicked. I believe the man in the golf cart taxi did see her as well, imo.

It’s hard to come to any conclusion with the information that has come out - if I was to guess I would at this stage say that the friends are innocent and that Tamia has left the boat with somebody after she went to the toilet.

Unfortunately, I don’t think this case has any chance of a happy ending - MOO.
My thought as well, the eyewitness may have seen her with people other than the friend group, or saw them on the way TO the cruise, not after. Kuandera didn't waiver on the details given in his interview?

That the night would be fuzzy and chaotic to her friends isn't surprising to me. They were in a small space so it never occurred to any of them one could get really lost. There was booze. There was music. There was dancing and socializing with people outside their little foursome. They had a table but everyone came and went as they pleased. When I traveled with groups of any kind, we had a designated meet up place. No one would leave the boat, the theatre, the theme park but would instead show up at the designated spot somewhere near the entrance. We'd meet for meals, at closing time, whenever. Something I've not seen suggested is that TT was at the table with her friends and was suddenly sick, causing her to bolt for the bathroom. The steps were on the outside of the boat and she was up above the boat railing, but still inside the stair railing when she realized she could not make it to the bathroom. So, she turned to puke over the side of the boat and being inebriated, fell overboard. If they were docking (but I don't understand them still being at tables when the boat was docking. Would they not have been milling around near the exit? Unless, they avoided the rush by staying seated, planning to leave behind most of the crowd?) Anyway, let's say the boat was docking as she leaned over the railing. When the boat noses into the pier, there's often a pretty big jolt. Could that have thrown her overboard? But IF they were docking and she was thrown overboard, would she not have been found by now? If all her friends claim she vanished on the boat, then the eyewitness who believes he saw her afterward is mistaken -- as eyewitness accounts so often are.

Just my .02; but with this being an evening venue I'm sorry to say that there prob. isn't any security footage that's clearly visible with Tamia in it, or anyone she was with ?
It has to be so frightening for her family !

That’s not the photo I have seen. She is wearing white shorts and a pale coloured top in the video I have seen, with a still saved by the Missing fb group.

Yes ITA. That other photo is not her MOO. OP shows "She is described as a 5-foot-7-inch woman wearing a beige shirt, white shorts, a black jacket, and white shoes", and it sounds like I have seen the same picture and video (dancing/twerking) that you have seen wearing clothes as described. She actually looks smaller than the 125 pounds listed on the flyer to me.

Where did the trio park when they arrived to party on Beale? There is a ship launch dock at the end of Beale St. Tickets for the cruise are not expensive but TT needed her ID. All items are searched upon entry.

$29 for 2 hour cruise w/ DJ

Parking is about the same price. Otherwise, parking can be a problem in the area of Beale.

If TT became ill or for whatever reason needed the restroom while they were waiting to disembark, then the rest were waiting near an exit for her? But, the phone was on a table so they had to still be inside the ship's container, right?

Screenshot 2023-09-14 6.43.43 PM.png

Last edited:
Why would someone give her money to buy a drink? That sounds odd to me, why not buy her the drink when they got inside, they would have got in at the same time? I can't imagine a stranger handing her $10 or whatever in the line.

I thought it was probably because no woman accepts drinks bought by a stranger anymore. Too risky - it might be drugged. So maybe this is how it's done now? They just hand you money? I'm just speculating.

Just my .02; but with this being an evening venue I'm sorry to say that there prob. isn't any security footage that's clearly visible with Tamia in it, or anyone she was with ?
It has to be so frightening for her family !
An evening venue? So for the privacy of the clients? But maybe great cameras where people enter and exit? How would that work? My party days are far in the past -- back when dinos still roamed the earth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back