TN - Tyre Nichols, beaten to death by 5 Memphis Police Officers, Jan 2023 *officers charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

This is interesting, in terms of "testimony", because I think that this could potentially upend any convictions for criminals incarcerated based on the testimony of these officers. If they lied on documents here....every single document any of them has written or been a part of could be considered false.

What a can of worms this could become...

This is interesting, in terms of "testimony", because I think that this could potentially upend any convictions for criminals incarcerated based on the testimony of these officers. If they lied on documents here....every single document any of them has written or been a part of could be considered false.

When the veracity of the police body is under scrutiny then every arrest and conviction is suspect. It should not be like that. I wonder what the mission statement of the Memphis PD is?

Here it is:

MISSION
The Memphis Police Department’s goal is to create and maintain an overall environment for public safety. Our vision is for Memphis to be recognized for zero tolerance for crime as well as its compassion and responsiveness to the needs, rights, and expectations of all its citizens. The Memphis Police Department continues to make great progress in providing safe environments for the citizens of Memphis while developing strong partnerships within the community.

These officers are making a mockery of it.

We know the cops and emts failed n their duties because there was a video camera on a pole that filmed them all laughing and doing nothing with the victim, on the ground, barely alive, being ignored by all.
I am asking how we know officers share vehicles/squad cars rather than being assigned one that they use exclusively.

I am asking how we know officers share vehicles/squad cars rather than being assigned one that they use exclusively.

If a precinct had 60 officers then that location would need at least 60 vehicles. I can't see that as sustainable. Especially when some vehicles have to be taken out of service because of mechanical issues, biological clean ups, forensic investigation, etc. And depending on how long the shifts are: 8, 10, 12 hours then you can double or triple those numbers.

This is unbelievable

""Two years before beating Tyre Nichols, a Memphis police officer didn't report that a colleague ripped a woman out of her car and dislocated her shoulder just for laughing"...

" One of the four officers approached Kadejah Townes, who was running into a Walgreens to get a Redbox movie to watch with her aunt.

The officer asked Townes if she had seen or heard shooting and the woman said she hadn't"....

"Ya'll over here laughing, I need to see ID," Brown said, according to the complaint. "As a matter of fact, get out of the car."

Townes said she refused to get out of the car because she hadn't done anything, but that Brown reached through the window, unlocked the door, and pulled her out.

Haley then assisted in putting Townes in handcuffs and placing her in a cruiser. He later told department investigators he didn't know what she was being arrested for.""

Absolutely will. This happened in Houston, narcotics team raided a home and killed two occupants and their dog.

was leaned that the lead officer lied to get the warrant.

many cases he was working were dismissed and more being reviewed

Heads continue to roll. Getting an EMT is a lot of work. Losing a license is a big deal, because if they go to get licensed in another state, they would have to disclose this suspension.

Investigation to identify others at the scene is ongoing.

When the veracity of the police body is under scrutiny then that. every arrest and conviction is suspect. It should not be like I wonder what the mission statement of the Memphis PD is?

Here it is:

MISSION
The Memphis Police Department’s goal is to create and maintain an overall environment for public safety. Our vision is for Memphis to be recognized for zero tolerance for crime as well as its compassion and responsiveness to the needs, rights, and expectations of all its citizens. The Memphis Police Department continues to make great progress in providing safe environments for the citizens of Memphis while developing strong partnerships within the community.

These officers are making a mockery of it.
It SHOULD be like that. A cop who lies on an official document, or even in the audio of his body cam, has betrayed the public's trust and that of his agency. Every person whose conviction was aided by his testimony must have their case reviewed; either that or allow blatant police abuse on every level.

It SHOULD be like that. A cop who lies on an official document, or even in the audio of his body cam, has betrayed the public's trust and that of his agency. Every person whose conviction was aided by his testimony must have their case reviewed; either that or allow blatant police abuse on every level.

Not only the policemen cases.

There has been a lawsuit against Haley for beating an inmate. Almost as bad as he beat Tyre. Same style, different situation. In fact, the judge that threw it out because the claimant was in federal prison. By throwing it out he kept Haley in the system. Haley was promoted to police force. Tyre's case is at least the second one (the first was non-reported dislocated shoulder during arrest) linked to him.

Had Haley been stopped in 2018, Tyre would be alive.

Haley's buddy, Emmet Martin III, the one who left the gun in the back of the patrol car, "the victim" in the initial report about Tyre Nichols, is another piece of cake.

Not only did Martin pulled a gun on a man, but called him an N-word. He is a LEO.

From police evaluation: "In a 2021 performance evaluation, Martin ranked as exceeding expectations in dealing with the public.

"Officer Martin is respectful when dealing with others regardless of their sex, race, age, or rank," the evaluation stated. "He approaches his calls with a positive attitude and is well received when dealing with the public. He is continually a top leader in arrests and calls, and not one person he has arrested has complained."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back