Silver Alert TN - Victor Birchfield, 61, vehicle sighted in SC, Elizabethton, 21 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Moo..it is so pointless, dude gets himself a few free hours, kills man, steals beater truck (maybe he hitch hike), hurts family unknown to him. Wonder if he has children?.....
It is pointless. He didn't have a plan, didn't get far from home, even with transportation and a 24-hour or more head start before Birchfield could be reported missing.

Fletcher seems to have been without a thought in his head, just wandering around. Even if he did qualify for a trusty position, how could he just walk away? Are they just turned loose without any oversight? Why was he not spotted walking away? Is 7 a.m. shift change for the Sheriff's department?

I've driven past that detention center many times, so near a corner of two busy roads. How was he not seen? Looking at maps.google I realize there is plenty of cover -- once he crossed the 4-lane 19E/321 highway. But then he would have been on the opposite side of the road Birchfield would have been traveling headed home.

The detention center is beside a ballfield and park, directly across from several apartment buildings and near the city park. If I lived in Carter County, I imagine I'd be re-considering usage of that area and would be feeling very unsafe.
At the very least CC sheriff should be rethinking the oversight necessary for his trusties.

Doesn't this incident make you determined to have your gun with you when traveling?

Attachments

• photo cc dention ctr.JPG
    photo cc dention ctr.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 2
  • CC detention  center map.JPG
    CC detention center map.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Moo ..I live in Canada..so no guns. And don't pick up hitchhikers....which is totally hypocritical of me, cause 1970-80s I hitchhiked

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrCharmichael
Back