TN TN - Wanda Anderson, 11, Nashville, 15 July 1965

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The police still have the evidence, detective notes, et all from Kathy's murder. I would bet whatever evidence was collected for Wanda June, they have it.

Pat Postligone, who is quoted in one article, went through a lot of old files and read them/organized them/tried to solve them. He's retired now, but if he was talking about Wanda June to the media, he worked on her case years after it was originally worked.

To clarify, I don't mean to say the files were disorganized before because I have no reason to think this.

Hysteria broke out across Nashville when news broke about a brutal child rape.

Police canvassed neighborhoods. Parents locked doors. Stores shuttered early.

It was the third rape of its kind reported in nine months. This time, it ended a young girl's life.

It was hot the evening of July 15, 1965, when 11-year-old Wanda June Anderson visited her sister's Music Row home to babysit her six nephews and nieces. After the children fell asleep, a killer broke into the house and bludgeoned Wanda. He carried the red-headed girl outside, raped her and left her bleeding to die.

More than half a century later, neither her family nor the Metro Nashville Police Department's homicide detectives have any idea who the killer is.

The case is the coldest unsolved criminal homicide in Nashville's history.

Get Access

Wanda June Anderson A little girl that I know was as Sweet and Beautiful as the 2 twin Baby girls she was babysitting that night.. Wandas June's twin niece's need Justice for the Beautiful Aunt that they never got the chance to know. I know the pain and Heartache and terror it has caused for my Aunt and her Family. Wanda June Anderson You will get Justice Beautiful Angel Justice for June

@JD&Bobbi, consider becoming a Verified Insider for Wanda June's case:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

So sorry to learn of your family's loss!

images

I've been doing some digging into this case and the one person who comes to mind is Edward Joseph McGee. He lived right down the street from where Wanda was murdered at the time. Wanda was beaten to death in the same manner as the two young cousins whom McGee is convicted of killing in 1966. It just seems to me that everywhere he went death followed him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back