DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Phone Records Checked In Missing Baby Search
Police Comb Facebook, Talk With Shauna Fryar's Acquaintances
Reported By Cynthia Williams
POSTED: 4:36 pm CDT May 11, 2011
UPDATED: 6:21 pm CDT May 11, 2011

- At 1:30 a.m. the day before Shauna Fryar's husband said he last saw her, she posted on her Facebook page that she was "thankful" and was counting every "blessing."

She wrote that she was especially grateful for every "smile" from her new baby girl. The timestamp for the posting was 1:10 a.m. April 30.

- "We've been in every house and talked to people she talked to, we've talked to them, and we've checked phone records," said Millersville Police Chief Ronnie Williams.

Authorities also searched the Cumberland River on Wednesday. On Tuesday night, police questioned Fryar's husband. He is not Zaylee's biological father. Michael's father expressed the family's concern and said they're still in shock.

Police said no one is above suspicion.

"The heat is on, and we're talking to different people that we know knows both parties, and we're putting the pressure on," Williams said.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27859257/detail.html

Missing Infant's Grandmother Speaks Out
Posted: May 11, 2011 7:21 PM EDT

- Millersville Police on Wednesday questioned anyone and everyone who knows Shauna and little Zaylee Grace Fryar.

- Her son, Thurman McMurry, is Zaylee's biological father. He's not a suspect in the case because he's currently behind bars at the Robertson County Jail, serving time on an unrelated assault charge.

- "I talked to him on the phone and he was sad. He was crying and I told him, 'just think good things about the baby, maybe she's still living,'" said McMurry.

She said Fryar and her son had dated on and off for over a year, and that Shauna would often bring Zaylee by their home to visit with her relatives. Their last visit came at the end of April.

"I called her every day after that and she didn't answer the phone, and I knew something was wrong then, because that wasn't Shauna. Shauna always answered the phone when we called," said McMurry.

Thurman McMurry is due to be released from jail on Friday. His mother said he was looking forward to spending more time with Zaylee.

"She was a good baby, she really was," said McMurry. "And Shauna was just like my daughter."

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14629073/zaylee-fryars-grandmother-speaks-out

I don't understand why this case is not getting more attention. Where is the baby? Why did this guy wait so long to report them missing?? I see this ending badly with an obvious suspect. I just hope there is enough evidence for someone to be held accountable. :(

No One Ruled Out In Missing Baby Case

Police spent Thursday interviewing more than a dozen people, hoping to find even a bit of information that may lead to baby Zaylee Grace Fryar. They also started gathering surveillance video from businesses around Millersville, where the baby lived, and Nashville, where Zaylee's mother was found.

[snip]

On Thursday, police interviewed more than 20 people who recently saw or spoke to the mother. They're checking her phone records, Facebook posts and following dozens of tips, but police said nothing so far is solid.

Investigators said they hope medical examiners can speed up the autopsy on Fryar. They said they think finding out how she died will be key to finding out what happened to her daughter.

Police said no one has been ruled out as a suspect. They've already questioned Fryar's husband and the baby's biological father. Police don't believe Zaylee's father was involved because he's been in Robertson County Jail on an unrelated case.

More: http://www.wsmv.com/news/27874175/detail.html

Investigation continues in Millersville mom's death, missing baby

Posted: May 13, 2011 12:06 AM EDT

= Husband Michael Fryar told Nashville's News 2 he remembers the last moments that he spent with wife and best friend.

"She was at the house. I was leaving for the store and I think she was feeding the baby," he recalled.

= "She had been living in motels here and there so we got the trailer so she'd have a safe place. It wasn't a husband and wife thing it was more of a roommate. We'd been split up for five years now. She was my best friend, so I got us a place so she wouldn't be running around," he explained.

Fryar is not baby Zaylee's biological father, but he said cared for the child like she was his own and he was at the hospital when the missing infant was born.

Fryar admitted to Nashville's News 2 Shauna had struggled with drug abuse and may have been searching for crack cocaine at the tome of her and the infant's disappearance.

= "You hear about this stuff happening and you never expect it to happen to you," Fryar said, adding, "I don't believe its suicide, I would guess murder."

With his best friend gone, Fryar said he is hopeful Zaylee will be found safely and that he and his family can get custody of the child. He and Shauna have to children together that his parents have custody of.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/14638221/authorities-investigating-millersville-moms-death-4-month

Dad Speaks About Missing Millersville Child
4-Month-Old Zaylee Grace Fryar Missing; Mom Found Dead
POSTED: 3:09 pm CDT May 13, 2011
UPDATED: 6:56 pm CDT May 13, 2011

The father of a missing 4-month-old girl is pleading for her safe return.

“But I want my daughter here with me. She ain’t got her mother. She needs to be here with her daddy,” said Zaylee's father, Thurman McMurry.

This was supposed to be the day McMurry reunited with his daughter after a month apart, but 4-month-old Zaylee Grace Fryar is missing.

“If anybody has her or knows where's she at, I wish they would at least bring her to me, so she could at least be with her daddy,” said McMurry.

McMurry was released from the Robertson County Jail on Friday where he'd been since mid-April for an unrelated assault charge.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27888162/detail.html

Police don't consider McMurry a suspect

Husband of missing baby's mom believes wife was murdered

Posted: May 13, 2011 12:06 AM EDT

he husband of a Robertson County mother whose body was pulled from the Cumberland River last weekend doubts she committed suicide and told Nashville's News 2 it's likely his wife was murdered.

Michael Fryar last saw his wife, Shauna, and her four-month-old daughter, Zaylee, at the family's home in Millersville on the morning of May 1.

Fryar is not Zaylee's biological father but he said he cared for the child like she was his own and was at the hospital when she was born.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/14638221/authorities-investigating-millersville-moms-death-4-month

Father Makes Plea For Missing Infant's Return

"Anybody that have my baby, I need my daughter here with me," said Thurman McMurry.

McMurry spoke from his home in Springfield on Friday night.

Fryar lived with her estranged husband at the time, but McMurry said they were planning on getting married.

Fryar's husband, Michael Fryar, reported her missing on May 4, four days after he had last seen her.

Investigators said one of their biggest questions right now is whether Shauna Fryar died before or after her body hit the waters of the Cumberland River, but they won't know that answer until her autopsy is complete.

14644661_BG1.jpg

14644661_BG2.jpg

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14644661/father-makes-plea-for-missing-infants-return

FWIW, I have 2 Theories on this case:

1. Mom went to look for drugs. Drug deal went bad. Mom was killed, baby taken in hopes of trafficking her to make some $.

2. Fryar goes to the store, and comes home to an empty house, but many personal belongings are still there. Fryar's husband waited 4 days to report her missing. Seems pretty incriminating to me. Didn't Fryar wonder WTH they were? I guess if she did have a history of being absent this changes things a little. But, he was helping her because he knew she had nowhere else to go, so, surely he must have wondered about her absence. TOD will indicate if the story lines up, I guess.

Question:

Fryar says he "thinks" that Shauna had fed Zaylee right before she left to go to the store/buy drugs. If so, would LE be able to determine in a lab test on the Baby's Bottle, how long the milk had been out of the fridge? The bottle should show bacteria growth or whatever, for a set length of time. I wonder if that might show something for the timeline?

FWIW, I have 2 Theories on this case:

1. Mom went to look for drugs. Drug deal went bad. Mom was killed, baby taken in hopes of trafficking her to make some $.

2. Mom and Zaylee left to go to the store and never came back. Fryar's husband waited 4 days to report her missing. Seems pretty incriminating to me. Didn't Fryar wonder WTH they were?

Question:

Fryar says he "thinks" that Shauna had fed Zaylee right before she left to go to the store/buy drugs. If so, would LE be able to determine in a lab test on the Baby's Bottle, how long the milk had been out of the fridge? The bottle should show bacteria growth or whatever, for a set length of time. I wonder if that might show something for the timeline?

What I'm gathering was I thought Fryar went to the store around 9pm. When he came back, they were gone. Right?

Amber Alert Issued For 4-Month-Old After Mother Found Dead
Posted: May 10, 2011 4:47 PM EDT
Updated: May 10, 2011 7:07 PM EDT

- Police said there was no trauma to her body that suggested the cause of death, which remains undetermined. Police have also not determined whether Shauna died before entering the water. An autopsy is underway.

Metro police have been checking the area around the Cumberland River for Zaylee, though they said there is no evidence at this point that she is in the water.

"If we get more information then we may put boats in, but right now its just aerial and if it gets down to the point where we need to use divers we will," said Metro Police Lt. Steven Lewis.

- Fryar's husband, who is not Zaylee's father, told Millersville Police that he left their apartment around 9 p.m. Sunday, May 1, to go to the store. When he returned, his wife and Zaylee were gone, although her vehicle, cell phone, wallet and the child's diaper bag were still at the residence. He told police it wasn't unusual for her to be gone for days on end.

Detectives have confirmed that Fryar and the child were fine on Saturday, April 30, when they visited a relative in Pegram.

- Police said Fryar has a history of drug addiction, and that she may have been trying to obtain illegal drugs at around the time she was last seen.

In all, police said Fryar had seven children, including Zaylee, ranging in age from four months to 12-years who live with other relatives.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/1...ssued-for-4-month-old-after-mother-found-dead

BBM

Something is not right. So she left on foot? Carrying the baby? Looking for drugs? Without any vehicle, money, or cell phone?? How would she buy drugs without money? I don't buy this one bit.

What I'm gathering was I thought Fryar went to the store around 9pm. When he came back, they were gone. Right?

Thank-you, MRSU, I had it completely backwards, and I have adjusted my theory post.

That does change things a bit. I still wonder about the 4 day thing, because, Fryar knew that her items were all there, and he knew she had nowhere to go (that's why she was with him, afterall).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn
Back