Todd Kohlhepp - Breaking News / Latest Developments #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Todd Kohlhepp's property, described as 'killing field,' to be offered in private sale

"...the land is going to be offered in a private sale, according to court documents filed last Friday.

The Spartanburg County court documents order the cancellation of a public auction of the land, which would have happened this week. The potential buyer is not identified in the documents.

The land has a market value of $504,410 this year, an increase of nearly $200,000 since 2017, according to Spartanburg County property records.

According to the court documents, the private sale is expected to bring enough to satisfy the mortgage on the property and to take care of several other outstanding liens connected to Kohlhepp...."

Todd Kohlhepp's property, described as 'killing field,' to be offered in private sale
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man who provided serial killer Todd Kohlhepp with dozens of guns sentenced to federal prison

Sep 17, 2018

"...Dustan Lawson sentenced to 87 months in federal prison during a hearing Monday morning.

Investigators said 29 on the 32 guns found on Kohlhepp’s Woodruff property were provided by Lawson....

Kohlhepp, who admitted to killing seven people, was unable to legally own a firearm after he was convicted of kidnapping in Arizona in 1986....

Lawson was indicted in October 2017 on 36 federal charges after authorities said he had purchased guns and transferred them to Kohlhepp. He pleaded guilty in May 2018....

Federal prisoners do not qualify for parole."

Man who provided serial killer Todd Kohlhepp with dozens of guns sentenced to federal prison
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Land belonging to serial killer Todd Kohlhepp sold for $500K

Oct. 13, 2018

"The 95.6-acre property serial killer Todd Kohlhepp once described as his “killing field” has been sold.

The swath of fenced-in, heavily-wooded land on Wofford Road near Highway 101 in Woodruff was sold to Strange Properties #1 LLC, according to Spartanburg County property records.

The corporation bought the property on Sept. 18 for $500,000, records show....

All of Kohlhepp’s assets are being liquidated and funds are being distributed to the victims and family members of victims who are seeking millions of dollars’ worth of damages through civil suits.

A damages hearing was held for Brown in which a judge ordered her to be awarded $6.3 million in damages.

A hearing to determine damages for two other lawsuits is scheduled for Monday, according to Spartanburg County court records...."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oct. 13, 2018

"The 95.6-acre property serial killer Todd Kohlhepp once described as his “killing field” has been sold.

The swath of fenced-in, heavily-wooded land on Wofford Road near Highway 101 in Woodruff was sold to Strange Properties #1 LLC, according to Spartanburg County property records.

The corporation bought the property on Sept. 18 for $500,000, records show....

All of Kohlhepp’s assets are being liquidated and funds are being distributed to the victims and family members of victims who are seeking millions of dollars’ worth of damages through civil suits.

A damages hearing was held for Brown in which a judge ordered her to be awarded $6.3 million in damages.

A hearing to determine damages for two other lawsuits is scheduled for Monday, according to Spartanburg County court records...."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting. The corporation that bought the land was formed in 2005:
STRANGE PROPERTIES #1, LLC :: OpenCorporates

Some googling of the associated names shows connections to several recycling and scrap metal businesses. Good. I hope they make his killing field into a landfill. Although I really hope they dig up every inch of it first to make sure there are no more victims, I think it would be fitting if every speck of work TK put into improving the land for his evil deeds is razed in order to make way for piles of rusty metal and bins of broken glass. At least a recycling center would bring some benefit to the people living around there and won't be profiting off his crime. JMO.

Serial killer Todd Kohlhepp scheduled for Superbike Motorsports damages hearing

Dec. 21, 2018

"South Carolina serial killer Todd Kohlhepp is again scheduled to be in court for a damages hearing Friday for several of his victims' family members.

Spartanburg County court records show that Kohlhepp is scheduled for a damages hearing at 9:30 a.m. Friday to face a judgment in an amount to be determined by the court.

The case involves the family members of those killed in the Superbike Motorsports quadruple homicide.

Scott Ponder, Brian Lucas, Beverly Guy and Chris Sherbert were all shot and killed at the Chesnee motorcycle shop on Nov. 6, 2003.

The wrongful death lawsuit was filed on behalf of Melissa Brackman, the widow of Ponder, Terry Guy, the widower of Beverly Guy, and Robin Olsen, the widow of Brian Lucas...."

Serial killer Todd Kohlhepp scheduled for Superbike Motorsports damages hearing
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Conor Hughes‏ @SHJConorHughes 1h1 hour ago
Serial Todd Kohlhepp is expected in court today as three of his victims’ spouses seek damages for the deaths of their loved ones. I’ll be providing live updates from the court room.

srXFZswZ

Conor Hughes‏ @SHJConorHughes 39m39 minutes ago
Kohlhepp arrives in court.@GoUpstate

Du8k-vlW0AE0Icj.jpg

Conor Hughes‏ @SHJConorHughes 31m31 minutes ago
Family of three people Kohlhepp killed at Superbike Motorsports in 2003 and the convicted serial killer are present in a courtroom at the Spartanburg County Courthouse. Damages hearing set to begin in about 5 minutes. @GoUpstate

Du8m1jtVAAA1Bzk.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cody Alcorn‏Verified account @CodyAlcorn 24m24 minutes ago
While the judge may rule on a $ amount. I’ve been told Serial Killer Todd Kohlhepp has no money. It’s very sad for these families but as one family member told us they hope this is the last time we ever see him or his name is mentioned.
T6AGtxIQ

Conor Hughes‏ @SHJConorHughes 16m16 minutes ago
When her lawyer asked her how her son’s murder impacted her Lorraine Lucas responded with one word: “Devestation.” She continued to explain how the loss of her son has affected her life and her family’s. @GoUpstate

Du8qaTOX0AAZogO.jpg

Conor Hughes‏ @SHJConorHughes 15m15 minutes ago
“Everyone was a suspect in our eyes. The only person I knew 100% didn’t do it was me,” Lucas said, describing the 13 years between her son’s death and the arrest of Todd Kohlhepp. @GoUpstate

Conor Hughes‏ @SHJConorHughes 13m13 minutes ago
“I did not want to go to my grave not knowing who or why.”

Conor Hughes‏ @SHJConorHughes 9m9 minutes ago
“Because of the man sitting at that table, Brian Lucas is gone from our lives for ever. Even more heart breaking, his two sons will never know their father.”

Tim Waller‏Verified account @timwallerWYFF 3m3 minutes ago
The mother of Brian Lucas, one of four people killed in the 2003 Superbike Motorsports slayings, tells serial killer Todd Kohlhepp, “What possibly could be so wrong that you could walk in in mid- daylight and shoot and kill four people?” @wyffnews4

Daniel J. Gross‏Verified account @DanieljGross 57m57 minutes ago
After Lorraine's statement, Kohlhepp told judge he has lacked adequate representation and told Lorraine "your information is incorrect" as to why the murders happened.

Conor Hughes‏ @SHJConorHughes 7m7 minutes ago
Kohlhepp claiming to the court he was not provided access to legal council and said Lorraine Lucas’ emotional testimony about the death of her son was inaccurate. Judge Mark Hayes advised him he can ask questions but can not make comments to witnesses.

Du8s8DzX4AEp-Gg.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Tom Lucas, Brian Lucas’ father, beginning testimony.

Du8tRGKXgAI4MT3.jpg

“I wake up every morning thinking about Brian laying in a doorway.”

Conor Hughes‏ @SHJConorHughes 5m5 minutes ago
“Many people tell you I’m glad you got closure. There is no such thing as closure.” @GoUpstate

Conor Hughes‏ @SHJConorHughes 4m4 minutes ago
Katie Lucas Guy, Brian Lucas’ sister, begins testimony, referring to Kohlhepp as TK.

Du8vcR9VsAYfcpB.jpg

Conor Hughes‏ @SHJConorHughes 3m3 minutes ago
Guy asks media to refer to Kohlhepp by his inmate number rather than his name. @GoUpstate

Tim Waller‏Verified account @timwallerWYFF 5m5 minutes ago
“This coward does not deserve to have one more moment in the public eye.” ~Katherine Lucas Guy, sister of Superbike Motorsports murder victim Brian Lucas to serial killer Todd Kohlhepp.@wyffnews4

Du8w6OVWoAEO2AP.jpg

Conor Hughes‏ @SHJConorHughes 1m1 minute ago
Terry Allen Guy, whose wife Beverly Guy was killed by Kohlhepp in the 2003 Superbike quadruple homicide, takes the stand. @GoUpstate

Du8wVMRW0AECbOz.jpg

Conor Hughes‏ @SHJConorHughes 5m5 minutes ago
“Life has been a total hell not know what terrible event is around the corner. This is an event that lets you know that worst can happen.”

Daniel J. Gross‏Verified account @DanieljGross 41m41 minutes ago
Terry Guy, widow of Beverly, told Kohlhepp that if his wife were still alive, she would forgive him.

Conor Hughes‏ @SHJConorHughes 4m4 minutes ago
Robin Olsen takes the stand at a damages hearing against serial killer Todd Kohlhepp. Kohlhepp killed her husband in 2003. @GoUpstate

Conor Hughes‏ @SHJConorHughes 2m2 minutes ago
She said she did not have a statement, but told the serial killer who murdered her husband: “I hope you have a merry Christmas and God bless you.” @GoUpstate
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Last edited:
NAVARRE MEDIA‏ @NAVARRE__ 47s48 seconds ago
RECAP: Superbike victims' families face serial killer Todd Kohlhepp in emotional hearing; no ruling made yet (Via FOX Carolina)

Superbike victims' families face serial killer Todd Kohlhepp in emotional hearing

December 21, 2018

"SPARTANBURG, SC (FOX Carolina) – Convicted serial killer Todd Kohlhepp appeared in court Friday to face the survivors of three of his victims who filed a lawsuit against him after his confessions and convictions for the Superbike killings.

The lawsuit was filed on behalf of the widows of Scott Dean Ponder, Beverly E.R. Guy and Brian T. Lucas, all who were killed along with Chris Sherbert at Superbike Motorsports in Chesnee in November 2003....

This latest lawsuit against Kohlhepp is seeking damages for wrongful death, trespass, negligence or reckless conduct, and intentional infliction of emotional distress. The lawsuit requests that a jury determine a dollar amount for those damages....

Attorneys said an additional hearing would be scheduled to allow the court to hear from Melissa Ponder, who lives in Arizona.

Kohlhepp did not call any witnesses.

The judge did not make any decisions Friday and said he would take the victims' family testimony under advisement."

Superbike victims' families face serial killer Todd Kohlhepp in emotional hearing
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

he-killed-four-employees-at-a-motorcycle-stop-because-they-made-fun-of-him-photo-u1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Families to serial killer Todd Kohlhepp: Life is 'pure heartache' since quadruple murder

12/24/2018

"Fifteen years have gone by since four people were slain inside a Spartanburg County, S.C. motorcycle shop.

On Friday, family members of the victims sat face-to-face with their loved ones' killer.

Serial killer Todd Kohlhepp was inside a Spartanburg County courtroom Friday during a damages hearing for a civil case from the quadruple homicide at Superbike Motorsports on Nov. 6, 2003. The families of the victims filed a wrongful death suit against Kohlhepp following his arrest and conviction.

"I’m not afraid to stare him down. He took my son’s life and the life of three other people for whatever stupidity," Lorraine Lucas, who son Brian Lucas was one of four victims in the Superbike case, told The Greenville News after the hearing. "He gave me eye contact. I’m sure my eyes said everything that was in my heart."...

"No amount of money, no amount of time would ever heal it or ever make it go away," Brian Lucas' father, Tom Lucas, said. "Many people will tell you, I’m very glad you got closure, there’s no such thing as closure. We have some answers, we have some information, but the pure heartache will never go away."

After his initial arrest and confession to the Superbike murders, several of the victims' family members arrived at the Spartanburg County jail where Kohlhepp appeared before a magistrate. Lorraine Lucas, the mother of Brian Lucas, had remarked then that the hearing fell on the 13-year anniversary of the killings, ending an exhaustive fight to get the case solved.

She said Friday that she feels like her life has entered a new chapter now that the damages hearing in her civil case has ended.

Melissa Brackman, the widow of Ponder, lives in Arizona and was not able to attend Friday's hearing so a subsequent hearing will be held for her claims. Lorraine Lucas plans to be back in court to support Brackman then, she said.

"I did not want to go to my grave not knowing who or why. Nothing or anyone can steal the love or memories I hold in my heart," Lorraine Lucas said.

Kohlhepp remained mostly quiet during the Friday hearing. He wore white New Balance shoes, an orange jumpsuit and a tan state Department of Corrections coat. He gazed over at the sitting family members as he walked into the courtroom before he sat down....

Kohlhepp also spoke after Lorraine Lucas made remarks.

"I’m sorry but your information is incorrect," he said before Hayes, the judge, reiterated that his opportunity to speak was only if he had a question for Lorraine Lucas. "I want to let her know why it happened."

Terry Guy, the widow of Beverly Guy, said in court that the last 15 years has been filled with depression but that God has helped him carry on.

"Life has been a total hell not knowing one minute to the next what disaster life has around next corner," he said. "The worst can happen at snap of finger."

He said if Beverly Guy was still alive, she would forgive Kohlhepp....

The ability for family members to read statements in front of Kohlhepp has helped some of them to heal.

"It felt good. It was hard preparing. It was hard preparing for it but I woke up determined. My strength, I guess I’ve gotten stronger through this whole process," Lorraine Lucas said.

Katie Lucas, the brother of Brian Lucas, also gave remarks and told the court she never wants to hear Kohlhepp's name again.

"We hear that name or see that picture and it strikes a knife through our heart," Katie Lucas said. "This coward does not deserve to have one more moment in the public eye. He deserves to be forgotten by the public.""

Families to serial killer Todd Kohlhepp: Life is 'pure heartache' since quadruple murder
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greenville County coroner investigates death of Kala Brown's boyfriend

"A Piedmont man who was engaged to be married died of a self-inflicted stab wound to the chest, the Greenville County Coroner's Office said."The investigation is still underway but at least at this point our belief is that it was self-inflicted," Senior Deputy Coroner Kent Dill said."

He was engaged to Kala Victoria Brown, family members confirmed. Brown gained national attention after she was held captive by serial killer Todd Kohlhepp."

Last edited:
Adam Mayson's death: What we know

Feb. 18, 2019

"Authorities in Greenville County are investigating the death of Adam Mayson, a Piedmont man who died late Saturday.

Mayson graduated from Woodmont High and was engaged to Kala Brown, who gained national attention when she was found in a shipping container after being kidnapped by serial killer Todd Kohlhepp.

Here's what we know about the investigation into Mayson's death:..."

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/st...18/adam-mayson-death-what-we-know/2905965002/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A very touching statement from KB:

"I am heartbroken today over the loss of my fiance, Adam Mayson. Adam was a true gift from God. He brought me great happiness and comfort during a very dark and difficult time. Building a life together restored my joy and gave me hope for the future. I do not know what tomorrow will bring, but I trust Jesus is with me even in the midst of this pain. Please join me in praying for God's peace to be upon Adam's family as they, too, are grieving this tragic loss."

:(

Serial killer Todd Kohlhepp's private home going on the market

May 10, 2019

"MOORE, SC (WSPA) - The home of serial killer Todd Kohlhepp will going on the market for sale Friday.

7News got an exclusive tour of the property at 213 Windsong Way in Moore, S.C.

The money from the sale will go to help the victims' families.

The Spartanburg County home has been vacant since Kohlhepp was arrested in November of 2016.

Thursday, realtors had the power turned back on for the first time in two-and-a-half years....

"We looked at kind of fair market value this home. If it were like most of the rest of the homes in this neighborhood, it would be in the $210,000 to $220,000 range. And then we looked at what it would take from a numbers standpoint to get it up to that number, and so that's why we arrived at the list price of $150,000," Hamilton, said.

The lower price is not because of the sordid past of its prior owner, but cosmetic and other improvements badly needed on a house that has sat vacant and without electricity for years. ..."

Serial killer Todd Kohlhepp's private home going on the market
---

Watch: For sale: A convicted serial killer's home

"Brookley Cromer goes inside the Moore, South Carolina home of convicted serial killer Todd Kohlhepp after the home was listed for sale on Zillow. ([5/10/2019])"

For sale: A convicted serial killer's home
---

213 Windsong Way, Moore, SC 29369

$150,000

213 Windsong Way, Moore, SC 29369 - realtor.com®

7b85e57c73d6a1ff95695fc8b36c87fcl-m0xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics