Toddler's Mother/Peaches/Jane Doe #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought our first Wamsutta comforter set in 1991 at a store at the outlets in Hilton Head, SC, that was not a Bed Bath and Beyond. Store was considerably smaller than a BB&B, only had bedding, maybe some towels. Was like a tiny outlet version of a Linens and Things...or an independently owned bedding shop at the outlet mall.

Home Place stores was out of SC. They went out of business in 2001. They had a store in Commack before closing. Linens-N-Things had 8 stores in all of New York State by 1996.

I think you have the right idea samara.matisse. Its probably best to focus on new or differnt psychological angles. A floral sham is a rather interesting thing to have. I don't see to single men with a floral type of design on a bed they are sleeping on alone. And the brand, Watsumma, appears to be a little on the high end side. Totes also appear to be usally sold in packs, some up to $50-$100. I don't see an apartment dwellar with an large tote. Its something in a shed or basement. And the towel is pink or red, not your typical white or really light collar. It reminds of my grandothers house where everything matched.

It is true that babies don't just disappear. But remeber, Darling Doe, probably wasn't in any kind of day care or pre-school yet. I suspect dad isn't looking for her either because he is the killer.

Now that CoffeeAndACig has made this discovery (which is remarkable, BTW - please do not take this as a slam, or to any research that's been done), I ultimately don't think sleuthing the actual pillow sham and towel, their brands, designs or distribution will advance the case. My generalization is based on the research which proves that the Wamsutta brand(s) have been readily sold in the greater metropolitan NYC area for many years at several stores. The sheets themselves are a standard thread count that was normal in the 90s. I think this same type of research, broadly, will or would prove true for the green storage tote, unless it was traced in a very specific way to a certain region, store, etc.

What I do think this gives us, as some have stated, is a new or different psychological angle to examine. Who would have floral sheets or use floral pillow shams? Many people don't bother with them, but often keep them. If you used the shams, were they on your bed, or in a guest bedroom? Where do you keep the pieces of bedding or toweling that you don't want to get rid of but don't use? A linen closet, cupboard or drawer? Do you turn them into dust rags, like my mom did with old sheets?

Who owns a storage tote? Where do you keep them? What do you put in them? Probably in a garage, or shed. You keep tools in those places. How was Peaches dismembered? Cleanly, with surgical precision, or with a blunt action that might suggest a saw, axe, hatchet or chainsaw? Could the towel and sham been handy because they were being used as shop rags? Could they have wiped blood away, then been discarded inside the tote to conceal them? Where was the dismemberment performed? If a garage has a drain, you could possibly hose most of the liquid mess away. You might only be left with the actual body and a little bit of cleanup. Nobody would miss "rags." (I do want to say that the combo of the sham and the towel make me think about a man being unprepared for the size of the mess, and so he grabs something to mop up, but doesn't realize that what he's picked won't help him that much. Making rookie mistakes, maybe.) So do these things point to the killer living with someone else, having a significant other, or perhaps even living with Peaches herself (and possibly Baby Doe?)?

Someone astutely mentioned that toddlers just don't "go missing." I think that's absolutely accurate. So if Peaches and Baby Doe weren't reported missing as a pair, that implies something to me. Assuming there IS a missing persons report for Peaches and NOT for Baby Doe, that would tell me that Peaches's family isn't aware of Baby Doe's existence and therefore don't know to report Baby Doe missing. It would also imply to me that Peaches went missing before she received her tattoo and/or Baby Doe's birth (likely the source of the C-section scar), either of which would probably be mentioned as an identifying mark. We know that toddlers - whose existence was known to more than just their mother - have gone missing and not been reported by people with that awareness. And we know those cases end badly. So if there is no report for Baby Doe, either no one knows about her, or the person/people who did wanted her gone with Peaches or willfully looked the other way.

No offense taken at all samara.matisse. I sincerely hope that the pillow sham might prove relevant to identifying Peaches, but I wouldn't even venture to guess.
I agree completely with the possibility that the pillow sham provides more of a backdrop to surmise the scene of the killing, and the subsequent disposal of Peaches remains.
As for Baby Doe, I've discussed with my significant other the possibility that Peaches may have been an illegal alien working for LISK and his family as a housekeeper or babysitter. Back in the 1990's, it was almost fashionable to have hired help, and illegals willingly took these jobs regardless of the situation. Perhaps, like Arnold Schwartzenneger, LISK got this woman (Peaches) pregnant. Perhaps they met at his house or hers, and discussed financial security, and it all went downhill. It's a theory, but it does explain such silence about a missing baby.

No offense taken at all samara.matisse. I sincerely hope that the pillow sham might prove relevant to identifying Peaches, but I wouldn't even venture to guess.
I agree completely with the possibility that the pillow sham provides more of a backdrop to surmise the scene of the killing, and the subsequent disposal of Peaches remains.
As for Baby Doe, I've discussed with my significant other the possibility that Peaches may have been an illegal alien working for LISK and his family as a housekeeper or babysitter. Back in the 1990's, it was almost fashionable to have hired help, and illegals willingly took these jobs regardless of the situation. Perhaps, like Arnold Schwartzenneger, LISK got this woman (Peaches) pregnant. Perhaps they met at his house or hers, and discussed financial security, and it all went downhill. It's a theory, but it does explain such silence about a missing baby.
I have always thought that Peaches was pregnant when she went missing and Darling was born while Peaches was estranged from her family.

I have always thought that Peaches was pregnant when she went missing and Darling was born while Peaches was estranged from her family.

Adding to that thought. I believe the initials were there before the Peach and they represent the name of her significant other.

Regarding the initials that may or may not be there (not sure I can trust my own eyes), if they are in fact there and are in fact initials: it could be a monogram. Therefore the "B" we see would be the last name.
hmm.

Regarding the pillow sham, the tote and the towel. It would certainly be hard to trace those particulate items... but perhaps possible for LE to do. I mean, if they wanted to....

I was thinking of an angle those 3 items would be together...and thought of a summer home. My family has a summer home in the mountains and it is not winterized. When we close up for winter we store all of our sheets/blankets etc in storage totes to keep the critters out for the winter. Not exactly sure where I am going with that thought but figured I would put it out there for consideration.

Regarding the jewelry...the length of the bracelet was 7 1/4 inches. I make beaded bracelets and just wanted to note for what it's worth... Peaches had a small wrist.

Regarding the initials that may or may not be there (not sure I can trust my own eyes), if they are in fact there and are in fact initials: it could be a monogram. Therefore the "B" we see would be the last name.
hmm.

Regarding the pillow sham, the tote and the towel. It would certainly be hard to trace those particulate items... but perhaps possible for LE to do. I mean, if they wanted to....

I was thinking of an angle those 3 items would be together...and thought of a summer home. My family has a summer home in the mountains and it is not winterized. When we close up for winter we store all of our sheets/blankets etc in storage totes to keep the critters out for the winter. Not exactly sure where I am going with that thought but figured I would put it out there for consideration.

Regarding the jewelry...the length of the bracelet was 7 1/4 inches. I make beaded bracelets and just wanted to note for what it's worth... Peaches had a small wrist.
Good call on the storage tote and why those items may have been handy. Another strong possibility, I think. Plenty of vacation homes in the Hamptons and other nearby areas.

This does make me think (and perhaps I'm getting too detailed myself) that if those items were in a vacation home, was it possibly a rental? If I used my own vacation home, I think I'd be less likely to bring and use shams. But if I use my vacation home as a rental, I'd probably use them as a way to make the bedrooms look more sophisticated and put-together.

An empty rental home would be a place to stash a person and/or to visit periodically under the guise of caretaking. You might partially furnish or outfit it with nice things from your home you no longer used, or you might buy fancy new sheets for your prospective guests.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good call on the storage tote and why those items may have been handy. Another strong possibility, I think. Plenty of vacation homes in the Hamptons and other nearby areas.

This does make me think (and perhaps I'm getting too detailed myself) that if those items were in a vacation home, was it possibly a rental? If I used my own vacation home, I think I'd be less likely to bring and use shams. But if I use my vacation home as a rental, I'd probably use them as a way to make the bedrooms look more sophisticated and put-together.

An empty rental home would be a place to stash a person and/or to visit periodically under the guise of caretaking. You might partially furnish or outfit it with nice things from your home you no longer used, or you might buy fancy new sheets for your prospective guests.

I agree that a rental home would fit the bill.

hmm.

Interesting. I heard that a good seamstress can tell everything about someone's measurements just from knowing the size of their wrist.

Perhaps the explanation for the pillow sham and towel being included in the tote with the body is because those items were already in the tote. Let's say you were in a house and needed to find something to remove a body or body parts from the house without drawing immediate attention from neighbors or onlookers. What item would you look for? A plastic tote would certainly fit the bill. So, do a lot of you keep EMPTY storage totes in your home? I don't. I have plastic storage totes full of clothes, bedding, linens, etc. Before I could put something large into one of these totes, I'd have to remove most or all of what was already in the tote.

Perhaps that might explain why we find a pillow sham and towel in the tote along with the body. Perhaps the other linens were bulkier and had to be removed to make room for the body, and the pillow sham and towel were left inside to keep the remains from shifting around and making noise?

This might sound like a really stupid thing to ask but so far the LISK case is new to me. But why haven't they released a composite sketch of mother/toddler?

**Hoping I haven't asked a waste of time question. :eek:
A sketch of the toddler might be very helpful. But as for Peaches her skull is still missing.

Interesting. I heard that a good seamstress can tell everything about someone's measurements just from knowing the size of their wrist.
Does anyone know a seemstress that can help us?

These could have been sheets from the killers sleeper cab. After killing her he needed to wrap her in something possibly. However, my theory of there being a woman as a lure for the actual killer, a woman would wrap a victim as a show of 'nurture' or remorse after the fact. Where as a man would have discarded her like trash. I really hold firm that there is a man/woman combo and possibly more than one team involved. Wheather it's a sex worker in conjunction with a driver or a wife/girlfriend of a driver. These sex workers are way too savvy and on alert to allow someone to get THAT close for any length of time. Although money is a motive for these girls I believe if we gather information on these girls prior to their disappearance it is very possible they may have been seeking something else and reponded to the woman for this reason.

I've spent way too much time looking at Peaches tattoo. To me, there are definitely initals on the left leaf. It looks to me like a T a B and maybesomething else. The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that the letters don't look anything like something made by a tattoo arist. I wonder if it may be a tattoo covering an older one or maybe something made by an amateur like a prison tattoo. When I look at the left leaf, I wonder if I'm seeing a bird.

Does anyone know a seemstress that can help us?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Wrist-Measurements-for-Medium-Frame.jpg
    Wrist-Measurements-for-Medium-Frame.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 218
A sketch of the toddler might be very helpful. But as for Peaches her skull is still missing.
The toddler was found 4 years after Peaches, alot of decomposition. the key is matching Peaches to someone it will give all the answers. If the toddler was 2 how many people would remember or know the toddler if not related. So many more people would know Peaches. I would like to know what is happening with the heads? are they in someones freezer? or just buried some where.

The toddler was found 4 years after Peaches, alot of decomposition. the key is matching Peaches to someone it will give all the answers. If the toddler was 2 how many people would remember or know the toddler if not related. So many more people would know Peaches. I would like to know what is happening with the heads? are they in someones freezer? or just buried some where.
Just to clarify, I think you mean 14 years.

Peaches torso: 1997, fresh, date of estimated death within 3 days

Baby: April 2011, skeletonized remains
Additional extremities belonging to Peaches: April 2011, also skeletonized, in same location as Baby but both Baby and extremities some distance from where Peaches's torso was found within days of her death.

(Likely)Conclusion: Baby and Peaches killed at the same time but dumped in separate places, discovered 14 years apart.

I think any clue would help more than fewer clues. The head is probably on Ocean Pkwy or en route somewhere to Ocean Pkwy or Hempstead. The killer probably threw the head out the window somewhere.

Just to clarify, I think you mean 14 years.

Peaches torso: 1997, fresh, date of estimated death within 3 days

Baby: April 2011, skeletonized remains
Additional extremities belonging to Peaches: April 2011, also skeletonized, in same location as Baby but both Baby and extremities some distance from where Peaches's torso was found within days of her death.

(Likely)Conclusion: Baby and Peaches killed at the same time but dumped in separate places, discovered 14 years apart.

Yes of course I left 10 years out of the findings thank you, then even more so it makes sense they wouldn't reconstruction an image of the toddler. Not enough history for a toddler to be recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostKitty311