Tom Cruise is a nutjob!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:eek: that is worrying

I think if this statement was issued now its to go into pro Scientology to clam down the bad press associated with Jett Travoltas death, and what the media are saying.

Agreed! The timing is right there! You'd think Tom would hold off on any public statements as such. It's so ridiculous, a death of a child compared to Tom's dyslexia, media ho's.

I was watching Top Gun tonight, LOVED him in that. He totally has some marbles loose though, and katie, I mean kate :) looks like she has aged so much since with him. She looks like Jackie O.

I guess I am one of the only people left in the world who doesn't think Cruise is a nut. In this article, he states that Scientology and its teachings helped him overcome dyslexia. I have no doubt that is true. Plenty of spiritual and/or psychiatric routes help people overcome any number of disorders. People give credit to the things that help them - whether its Christianity, Buddhism, AA or Scientology.

I guess I am one of the only people left in the world who doesn't think Cruise is a nut. In this article, he states that Scientology and its teachings helped him overcome dyslexia. I have no doubt that is true. Plenty of spiritual and/or psychiatric routes help people overcome any number of disorders. People give credit to the things that help them - whether its Christianity, Buddhism, AA or Scientology.

I'm one who thinks he's a nut South, but I agree with you on that. I just think the whole Thetan thing is wacko and giving all that $ to rise to higher levels in the "religion" is corrupt. I think his outright rejection of pharmaceuticals is just as ignorant as rejecting spirituality and natural remedies. All have their place, imo. To me, that's the miracle of God, He can make all those things possible and accessible to humans. And like I said, who knows why I care or even notice, but it just seems he is a controlling husband, the way he leads Katie around by the nose. It just drives me crazy for some reason! And as for Scientology in practice, if it is true that the Travoltas refused to acknowledge a diagnosis of autism or other disorder because it would have meant Jett was not worthy in the eyes of Scientology, that makes me more disgusted with Scientology than ever. That being said, I have no doubt they loved him and took good care of him, but limited his access to helpful resources, if that rumor is true, that is. IMO.

Eve

:blowkiss:

Did anyone else see the latest Oprah interview with Tom, and his Colorado home? It was a few weeks ago. One thing really struck me - Oprah asked him how he gets along with Nicole, and whether the kids can see her. And he said it was fine, and the kids can see her anytime, but he seemed tense and his answer was very terse. I have always really wanted to know the inside scoop on what went on with Nicole and the kids. I believe she has more or less willingly let Tom have the kids, and she has deliberately decided to take the "high road" and always say positive things about Tom and always be available to her kids, in the hopes that one day they will be ready to be back in her life.

Just speculation......!

My thought in seeing the video was, "What drug was he on?"

Just a thought about Tom and Nicole's adopted children. They're really not in the public eye as Suri is and are sort of non-mentionable. Kinda makes you wonder. I've also always wondered why the kids are with him, since Nicole was not into Scientology.

The only times I have seen Connor and Isabella with Nicole are in the summer. I'm sure Tom has total control over that too...which is a shame because they're Nicole's kids too and she should be able to have them with her when she wants. I'm just happy for Nicole that she found Keith Urban and got out of that "controlling" situation with Tom. She seems very happy with Keith and their little Sunday Rose. I imagine living with Tom Cruise is kind of like being in prison...it's his way or the highway!

Seriously, that video of Tom talking about Scientology is scary. I loved it when he said Scientologists can rehabilitate criminals! And am I to understand that if I drive by the scene of an accident, I CAN'T stop to help because I'm not a Scientologist??? LOL! Tooooooooooo much!

I watched that video before and I honestly had NO clue what was going on in that video. I had a hard time following what he was trying to say. :waitasec:
I read somewhere that the video was not supposed to be public, but for other Scientologists.

Can you tell me how to view the video? When I use the wallyworld link, it is not apparent where the video is, or at least not to me! TIA.

The spoof video is a riot, that guy is goooood at doing Cruise.

Eve

I can't tell you how hard it has been for me to shut up since all this Scientology stuff has come up again. Maybe we should bump up all the old threads?

Yes, thanks, I watched the whole thing. Wow, just...wow. I was curious about the "KSW" he referred to several times, and it appears to signify sets of letters by L. Ron Hubbard called "Keeping Scientology Working." Googling, I found a 71-page PDF document containing some of these letters and scanned through them. The language and content is something like Cruise's on this video - full of what I would call non-speak and jargon. It makes very little sense because it is apparently all "inside" information. The video is obviously aimed at Scientologists only. Tom and these letters make many references to "helping" but it is not clear with what.

Many times on the video, Cruise said, "Because I know. I just know," and "We know." The nature of this knowledge is shrouded in mystery, I guess - the secrets of the universe I suppose, and his implication is that only Scientologists have access. I suppose in a way, many religions are something like that - offering salvation and knowledge to their believers and I guess many religious and cultural beliefs must seem strange to those who are unfamiliar with them, but I have never seen a set of beliefs from which it is so difficult to extract meaning - whether through written materials on the subject, or through a speaker like Cruise, on this video. Obviously, it is inaccessible unless you pay your fees, take the classes and get cleared or audited through all the levels or whatever it's called...

But he really did seem like he was on an ego trip and a manic high and OMG, that laughing! It was funny - I was listening to it during my prep hour in my classroom and a couple students were in here getting some materials and they listened to a bit of it and said, "What's Tom Cruise smoking anyway? Man, he's whacked."

Eve

Is it just dumb, little ol' me or could anyone else imagine this was George Anthony in the FBI interview? So much serious sincerity making so little progress with words. (of course Tom Cruise had better grammar skills but he still accomplished nothing with the talking, lol)

TC seems so tightly wound - can ya imagine when he comes undone?! :eek:

Hold on now...I have a close friend who is a MFT and she is currently studying some books that confirm you can re-train your brain and that disorders such as dyslexia can be overcome completely. It has to do with regular focused short term exercises.

Now, this is not Scientology based, but scientifically based. Scientology is just as good at stealing ideas as anyone right?

Can I confirm any of this? Nope, but I do believe that we are still learning about our brains and how our beliefs alone can transform our minds and bodies.

I don't think it's a stretch to think someone can overcome something like this whether it's help from Tony Robbins, Scientology, Christianity and prayer or just believing you can.

I think it's possible that Scientologists may practice some techniques that help many, that's all.

Disclaimer: I am not, nor do I even know any Scientologists. I think they are half nuts and half brilliant. Sadly, the nuts part keeps any of the techniques they use that might be helpful from being taken even half seriously.

Wow, what a great post! You have made some really good points here.

I agree SM! It looks like there are at least 3 of us who see it this way.

Wow, what a great post! You have made some really good points here.

I agree SM! It looks like there are at least 3 of us who see it this way.

Hey Glow...imagine you and I feel the same way about this! I hope you are well - have missed you!:blowkiss:

I can't tell you how hard it has been for me to shut up since all this Scientology stuff has come up again. Maybe we should bump up all the old threads?

I don't think you should bite your tongue. That's one of the reasons I read these threads...to get another view point. I don't agree with Scientology but it doesn't mean I'm not willing to hear the other side of it.:)

I don't think you should bite your tongue. That's one of the reasons I read these threads...to get another view point. I don't agree with Scientology but it doesn't mean I'm not willing to hear the other side of it.:)

Ohh, no, no. I don't agree with it either! Not in the least. My brother cut us out of his life for like 10 years because we wouldn't join when he tried to get us to. The "church" doesn't like when members have friends/family that are against the "church" so they are then considered SP's and the member must disconnect from them. They have to attend extra auditing, are considered "PTS" (potential trouble sources- because they could potentially be talked out of remaining involved with the "church" if the SP is allowed
acsess to them) & they are watched over carefully until they are sure the disconnect is complete.

I try to be as non-biased as possible. I think some things about being involved with the Org have made very positive changes in my brothers life, have made him a better man. It is certainly nice to see him off of drugs and alcohol and he has really made a great life for himself financially. He is still a good, hard working, honest- caring man he just believes in some things that I find rather odd and infuriating. I always thought he was such a smart guy I was SHOCKED when he fell for their crap, really. They have some pretty strange rules and "beliefs" and my brother is no fool so it was strange, is getting involved.

LRH was a Sci-fiction writer and a liar... the man himself was found to be on psych meds upon his death (shown in his tox screen from autopsy- the info is linked on the older Scientology threads but if it can't be found and someone wants "proof" I'll go searching, so just let me know).
But I can't sit here and say I think everything about Scientology is wrong or completely off base because some of their stuff really makes sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back