Tommy describes attack

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How does this bunch keep up with all their different stories. Looks like LE would have to be able to put each person's lies together and piece together which stories could be:sick: true. but what do I know?! :banghead::banghead:
I think when I have a few hours, I will outline each person with all their different stories! Someone here probably has already done it. Maybe we just need to update it daily with these people and their lies.
yes, good idea. list each person with his/her chronologically ordered stories. I think I'd start with Lindsey & then Chelsea...take the 2 who should have the least to say, & see what's up. But the one who should have the most to say, (Joe), has been veeewy veeewy qwiet. He claims he didn't do it, & that he had very little contact with Haleigh. & that's about it.

another thing that bugs me about Tommy's stories. He at 1st claimed that Ron called & asked him to check on Misty. Ron has verified this call, I think, but not the reason. Based on Tommy's claim, LE reduced his bond & let him out of jail, I do believe. So, LE must've had good reason to believe Tommy. & felt that little tidbit was important. Tommy recanted that story & then changed the time, but considering the garbage he is now spewing, I guess he has recanted it again, because what would be the point, since he now claims to have been there pretty much all night. I think he 1st came up with that story, for the sole purpose of getting out of jail...& if throwing Misty under the bus was a consequence, then so be it. But cops believed it, so I think there's something there, & Tommy inadvertantly, verified a key time...one that LE had already verified. So, then Tommy changed the time. I wonder why he didn't want to be associated with that time, anymore...hmmm...I think Tommy, without realizing it, alibied Misty, while putting himself, ALONE, at the trailer at a key time. We're only getting tidbits, but it's my impression, that Tommy is scrambling for his life. & it's also my impression, (but on this I could be dead wrong), that LE is way more interested in him, than they are Misty.

which came 1st? the 1st 911 call & the barking dogs, or Misty crying on the phone?

which came 1st? the 1st 911 call & the barking dogs, or Misty crying on the phone?

Neighbor hears loud vehicle come into the neighborhood around 1:30 am..
Parks close to dumpster area.. Leaves via Buffalo Bluff around 2:00 am
IIRC.. Greenwood said first call came in 2:13 or 2:17... I could be wrong on both times though...
Someone heard a woman scream around 2:00 am
Neighbor claims Misty in yard crying on phone around 2:30 am..Is that right?

IIRC.. Greenwood said first call came in 2:13 or 2:17... I could be wrong on both times though...

I read one article that said this was around 2:30 AM and another that said around 3:00 AM. I do believe the neighbor heard this, I'm just not sure about what time she heard it. I wish we knew because knowing the time that this occurred is important, IMO. Considering one is around 27 minutes before Misty called 911 and the other is a full hour before...which one is accurate could be important, IMO.

Neighbor heard yelling @ 2:27AM. No I don't have a link, it was reported the first couple days.

Thank you. I can comb through old threads all day & google til I'm blue in the face, & still can't find what I want. Wow, these times are really close...no wonder this is so tuff to figure out. within minutes or seconds, anybody could've done anything.

Does anyone know if the LE has EVER WENT to the house on Magnolia..and tested the home for blood??? Even if bleach cleaned, walls repainted, carpets steam cleaned, blood can be found thru a special light/testing the LE have..following many months after..The LE could check with local businesses to see if any significant purchases, services were made for that address..IMO, that was the residence Haleigh was last in...

What if Misty is describing something going on that night..BUT at the Magnolia residence

While I am on this thought regarding the house on Magnolia, didn't Misty say she was doing laundry on the night Haleigh went missing but Ron said there was no detergent to do any laundry with???..What IF Misty was doing laundry, washing blankets, washing away EVIDENCE, bleach cleaning...AT THE MAGNOLIA residence..NOT Green Lane......Any thoughts..???

Just wanted to point out a part of the following Nancy Grace transcript. The more I read this part, the more I believe the bolded part. Tommy denied this story to Grandma Flo and turned instead to the "Joe did it" story. LE appear to be Pizzzzzzzzzzd about the lies he told about Joe throwing Haleigh into the river, so I'll pick the story that Tommy denied, the one where Ron forced him to help Misty clean up while Ron disposed of Haleigh's body. This one I can believe. JMO.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/14/ng.01.html
Snipped for length:

“HOLLARS: I was told that Ron come home, and Haleigh had took one of - - found one of his pills and took it and was dead. And Ron called you to get you to come up there and help Misty...TOMMY CROSLIN: That`s (INAUDIBLE)

HOLLARS: ... and clean the house up and -- while he disposed of Haleigh.

TOMMY CROSLIN: That`s (EXPLETIVE DELETED).
GRACE: And where? Where is he saying it happened?

HARRIS: According to your sources, Nancy, he`s saying it`s inside the trailer. Doesn`t say it on this tape, but that is consistent with possibly what people have been speculating about a blanket that was seized and other things in the trailer that was just too neat for a crime scene.
WERTER: Off the tape? I can`t really say that. I mean, on the tape, what I gave you was just a redacted version. We took phone numbers out of it. But that`s the entire tape that you have. And if you notice, he did not go through what happened that night with Flora Hollars. He told -- he pointed the fingers. He denied one version that Flora put to him.

Just wanted to point out a part of the following Nancy Grace transcript. The more I read this part, the more I believe the bolded part. Tommy denied this story to Grandma Flo and turned instead to the "Joe did it" story. LE appear to be Pizzzzzzzzzzd about the lies he told about Joe throwing Haleigh into the river, so I'll pick the story that Tommy denied, the one where Ron forced him to help Misty clean up while Ron disposed of Haleigh's body. This one I can believe. JMO.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/14/ng.01.html
Snipped for length:

“HOLLARS: I was told that Ron come home, and Haleigh had took one of - - found one of his pills and took it and was dead. And Ron called you to get you to come up there and help Misty...TOMMY CROSLIN: That`s (INAUDIBLE)

HOLLARS: ... and clean the house up and -- while he disposed of Haleigh.

TOMMY CROSLIN: That`s (EXPLETIVE DELETED).
GRACE: And where? Where is he saying it happened?

HARRIS: According to your sources, Nancy, he`s saying it`s inside the trailer. Doesn`t say it on this tape, but that is consistent with possibly what people have been speculating about a blanket that was seized and other things in the trailer that was just too neat for a crime scene.
WERTER: Off the tape? I can`t really say that. I mean, on the tape, what I gave you was just a redacted version. We took phone numbers out of it. But that`s the entire tape that you have. And if you notice, he did not go through what happened that night with Flora Hollars. He told -- he pointed the fingers. He denied one version that Flora put to him.

Thanks so much...I had not read that...Yikes!!!!

What if Misty is describing something going on that night..BUT at the Magnolia residence

While I am on this thought regarding the house on Magnolia, didn't Misty say she was doing laundry on the night Haleigh went missing but Ron said there was no detergent to do any laundry with???..What IF Misty was doing laundry, washing blankets, washing away EVIDENCE, bleach cleaning...AT THE MAGNOLIA residence..NOT Green Lane......Any thoughts..???

I think a lot of us are wondering about this, and also about whether in and around the Magnolia MH had ever been searched for evidence. At one time I believed that even if Misty really was sleeping during some critical hours that night, she was sleeping at the Magnolia MH, not Green.

(Though for a long time I have not believed she was asleep at any time that night.)

I think this call around 2:00 a.m. is one of those things that LE has decided to downplay. There was obviously a call and it wasn't someone serving the Croslins with papers about their dogs. I also believe this is when they referred to the hour and a half that Haleigh was last seen. That would put Haleigh last being seen at 12:30 and since I believe Ronald left work at 12:00 midnight, this makes sense to me.

This has always been my impression, too (bold part). They were saying they saw the child closer to 1am or even Midnight, but then, it's not really clear, because they ask LE what's going on at Tyler, then some chatter about the last time 'she was seen at her residence'. It's not clear who 'she' is and the time is questionable. But yes, I tend to think they meant earlier than 2am.

With these folks, we can't pinpoint anything, nor we be sure what they say is fact. :cow:

I'm not sure what it points to, but the scream from the trailer, Misty in the yard & crying on the phone, the 1st 911 call, the barking dogs, the cops being at Tommy's, somebody claiming to have last seen Haleigh an hour & a half earlier, Ron getting home, Misty & Ron calling 911...this is all too jammed up, to not be related. & none of this points to Joe. But surely Shoemaker realizes that this does not look good for Ron. He just happens to unknowingly walk in during the middle of all this drama? after stopping for cigs & peanuts? after calling Misty a gazillion times with no answer? & his 1st question, is why are you still up? No, I'm not believing that. But it's looking even worse for Tommy. Why were his dogs barking? I'm sure those dogs were used to late night action, so what made this night different? & WTH was Lindsey doing, during all of this? sleeping peacefully, beside her man? after the 2 dinners she had eaten earlier? Really...how have these people gotten away with this for so long? Jr had slept the day away, according to Misty, so how could that child have slept through all of this commotion? & then TN was there, lickety split, & with pic in hand, to boot? Were there no pics of Haleigh in the trailer? in Ron's wallet? from looking at this, & trying to see a motive for all of their lies, Tommy is the only one who doesn't make some kind of sense. & why blame Joe? if he was involved, wouldn't he have showed up somewhere in all of this drama?

Okeedokee. You make very interesting points. (bolded)

What they've told us for 18 months just doesn't fit. We can slice it and dice it as much as we want, but it just doesn't work the way they've told it - thousands of times and many variations.

1) Lindsy. She was at her night class. Tommy was babysitting their kids. She got home around 10 - 10:15pm, they had dinner together.

2) Teresa. Arrives at the MH wearing LE jacket, carrying an 8x10 pic of Haleigh because she 'might be hiding under the beds' which are flat on the floor. We have no idea where she lived that night. Ron called her during the 3:27 am 911 call. She told Greta VS she arrived at the MH at 3:30 (I'll give her credit for 3:30 - 3:39). She claimed she was in a nightgown when the call came in, yet she was dressed in her jeans and LE jacket, pic in hand, and at the MH in less than 15 minutes. Let's not forget she became the family 'spokesperson', making TV appearances, and singing Misty's praises, as well as Ron's.

3) Tommy. In charge of his three kids that night. Was at the MH sometime between 5 - 6:30 pm. Claims he was sent to the MH at 10pm by RC. Was Lindsy with his kids? LE was called to T&L's house at 2:13am. Dogs barking. What exactly were Tommy & Lindsy doing after she got home.

4) Where is Joe? Tommy was at the MH early, was Joe? Timmy was 'passed out' on meds. Joe was staying with Ti & C. Chelsea was up doing paperwork. Somehow the van got moved and damaged. When did Joe sneak out? While Chels was doing paperwork, or later?

There's so much more, but as you can see, we're still stuck. Their stories can't be reconciled.

Most of all, where was Butterbean that night? Surely this child didn't sleep ALL day and ALL night on his own. Was he there?

I'm just curious...what exactly is known about the 1st 911 call? was it really made? what time? & were the cops really already at Tommy's house, when Misty's & Ron's 911 call came in? Were they there because of the 911, such as investigating a hang-up call, or responding to a real call from there, or were they responding to a neighbor's call & complaint about Tommy's barking dog? When LE talked about the 1st 911, did they consider the call from the complaining neighbor that 1st call...so therefore think Tommy's barking dog is related to Haleigh's case? If there are any answers to these questions, I'd appreciate the help, because Tommy seems to have been up to his eyeballs in this, since the beginning. If there was a call, & cops investigated, I'd like to know if cops saw Tommy, Lindsey, & their kids. I'd also like to know how that call & visit from LE fits into Tommy's statement(s) & timeline. For instance, was Tommy asleep? & since he claims to have been so high on xanax, that he passed in & out of consciousness, I'd like to know LE's take on his demeanor. I'm sorry if this is off topic, but I think that 1st call & visit, (if there was a visit? did cops leave without an interview, because of a missing child priority?), is more than just a coincidence. Also, has Lindsey ever addressed the call, or the barking dog?

I don't know how I missed your post, Dodie. Tonight I have been thinking the same thing. Depending on when that call came in about Tommy's dog barking, I was also wondering if LE considered this particular call, the first call? And then I thought, if it was the first call related to this case, how does it connect? Apparently the first call that came in, came in through the non-emergency line. So, whoever made that call didn't seem to think there was a real emergency.

FWIW, when that information came out, I remember calling the non-emergency line here in Louisville and asking the dispatcher what kind of calls usually come through the non-emergency line. She mentioned disturbances like loud music, suspicious activity, etc. I then asked her about dogs barking, and she confirmed that they get those kinda calls too, on the non-emergency line.

Okeedokee. You make very interesting points. (bolded)

What they've told us for 18 months just doesn't fit. We can slice it and dice it as much as we want, but it just doesn't work the way they've told it - thousands of times and many variations.

1) Lindsy. She was at her night class. Tommy was babysitting their kids. She got home around 10pm, they had dinner together.

2) Teresa. Arrives at the MH wearing LE jacket, carrying an 8x10 pic of Haleigh because she 'might be hiding under the beds' which are flat on the floor. We have no idea where she lived that night. Ron called her during the 3:27 am 911 call. She told Greta VS she arrived at the MH at 3:30 (I'll give her credit for 3:30 - 3:39). She claimed she was in a nightgown when the call came in, yet she was dressed in her jeans and LE jacket, pic in hand, and at the MH in less than 15 minutes. Let's not forget she became the family 'spokesperson', making TV appearances, and singing Misty's praises, as well as Ron's.

3) Tommy. In charge of his three kids that night. Was at the MH sometime between 5 - 6:30 pm. Claims he was sent to the MH at 10pm by RC. Was Lindsy with his kids? LE was called to T&L's house at 2:13am. Dogs barking. What exactly were Tommy & Lindsy doing after she got home.

4) Where is Joe? Tommy was at the MH early, was Joe? Timmy was 'passed out' on meds. Joe was staying with Ti & C. Chelsea was up doing paperwork. Somehow the van got moved and damaged. When did Joe sneak out? While Chels was doing paperwork, or later?

There's so much more, but as you can see, we're still stuck. Their stories can't be reconciled.

Most of all, where was Butterbean that night? Surely this child didn't sleep ALL day and ALL night on his own. Was he there?

bolded by me....I have had that thought as well, and I am leaning to believing he was at his ggmas....Remember the last day,the morning before Haleigh went to school there was an issue of her clothes, and Ron said he took her to ggm's...He may have taken Jr to, and left him there with her, and ggma brought him back LATER....I cannot believe a child can sleep THAT much..These are my own thoughts and opinions..

Thanks, Em. So we have a loud vehicle parked close to the dumpster at 1:30a, which leaves around 2am and exit Buffalo Bluff. We know that dogs hit on that dumpster, so IMO, something belonging to Haleigh was left behind there. In the process, was someone dropped off at the dumpster? Misty or Tommy?
We have the first call related to this case at 2:13am, which may have something to do with Tommy's barking dogs. Doesn't Tommy's home sit close to the dumpster, separated by a fence? Did someone cross the fence into Tommy's yard? IMO, it couldn't have been Tommy, I think it was someone those dogs were not too familiar with. Whoever is driving the vehicle that was heard at the dumpster, leaves the area at 2am. In the beginning I thought that, it might have been Ron parked at the dumpster and headed back to work from there...or headed to that store where he bought beer and cigs....for his alibi.
Then we have Misty seen crying on the phone at 2:30am on Green Ln. I always thought that maybe Misty was just getting to the mh. So how did she get there? Misty admits that she didn't have a key to the mh, so maybe that explains why she is outside on the phone, she couldn't get inside the mh at that time. What time was the red truck spotted at the railroad tracks? I think that ties into this too.

There is definitely something going on around this time. JMO of course

bolded by me....I have had that thought as well, and I am leaning to believing he was at his ggmas....Remember the last day,the morning before Haleigh went to school there was an issue of her clothes, and Ron said he took her to ggm's...He may have taken Jr to, and left him there with her, and ggma brought him back LATER....I cannot believe a child can sleep THAT much..These are my own thoughts and opinions..

The only time a child sleeps that much is if he's ill, or if he's been drugged, I would assume. I've been around sick, feverish children (was one myself) who slept hours and hours on end.

We hear the children were outside playing in the late afternoon and early evening. We're told they ate dinner on the porch, in the cold, in the dark, after 7pm. So if we say he was awake between 3:30 pm and 8pm, that's less than five hours. :shakehead:

I have trouble believing the kids were outside on the screenporch after dark, in the cold, and GGS changed their clothes, and never said, "Why are they out here in the cold?". We're told GrannyS stopped by, dropped off clothing, interacted with the kids, and left. Leaving the kids OUTSIDE IN THE COLD IN THE DARK.

Even if the gun story made sense, my biggest problem is the little boy. THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Sorry for shouting, but I can't get past kids outside in the cold, and the little boy who sleeps through the earthquake of noise going on inside that MH. Doesn't make sense. :waitasec:

If, as you say, justus, Butterbean was with GGSykes, that means she's not being honest. Imagine that! :cow: :cow:

I don't know how I missed your post, Dodie. Tonight I have been thinking the same thing. Depending on when that call came in about Tommy's dog barking, I was also wondering if LE considered this particular call, the first call? And then I thought, if it was the first call related to this case, how does it connect? Apparently the first call that came in, came in through the non-emergency line. So, whoever made that call didn't seem to think there was a real emergency.

FWIW, when that information came out, I remember calling the non-emergency line here in Louisville and asking the dispatcher what kind of calls usually come through the non-emergency line. She mentioned disturbances like loud music, suspicious activity, etc. I then asked her about dogs barking, and she confirmed that they get those kinda calls too, on the non-emergency line.
Those barking dogs really bother me. I wonder if the neighbor who called, had called before or if there was something different about this night? I wonder what it would take to get dogs into that kind of frenzy? I wouldn't like the noise, but it would take a lot, for me to call the cops. The only thing I can think of like this, is the OJ case. When Nicole was murdered, her dogs went ballistic. Now, that makes me wonder if Tommy's dogs witnessed something like that...that may seem farfetched, but Haleigh was murdered somewhere, so there is a possibility. I also wonder if there was a loud party there, that night. I always suspected that Misty walked down there to party with her family. Would she take the kids? probably not. But this thinking is weird. How could Tommy or anyone else hide a murder? Is it possible that they all saw what happened? I really don't think so. My guess would be that he, (& I don't feel too bad calling him out, since he has been named a suspect), or someone else slipped away from that party. If Lindsey was asleep, it could be done. MOO of her is that she doesn't know exactly what happened & doesn't want to know.KWIM? deliberately staying in the dark, & asking no questions.

so if the 1st call came in at 2:13, & it was about those dogs, I don't think a complaint was made, right after the barking started. I'd guess the caller waited at least 10 minutes? But being annoyed at being awakened so late, might have hurried the process. So, IMO, the dogs started barking, shortly after the scream. 2:00-2:05...just enough time, to leave the trailer with Haleigh, get the dogs to barking, & then the crying at THE TRAILER AT 2:30. Honestly I don't see that as much time to get rid of her body, before the cops got to Tommy's. But, considering that this was a non emergency call, the cops probably hadn't been there long. I can't imagine, under normal circumstances, that check up, taking more than 15-20 mins. but the cops were still there, when Misty's call came in...but even if the cops took their sweet time in getting to Tommy's, that still leaves less than an hour for someone, to get rid of her body. & that someone probably wasn't Misty, because she was heard crying at around 2:30. unless she put her very close... but I think the tracking dogs would've found her. sorry to ramble, but I'm completely guessing here, & could be wrong. But these times have got to mean something...& since there was no evidence of death in the trailer, what does that mean? Misty got home to a gone Haleigh? or if the Joe stuff is true, they left the trailer, got the dogs to barking, disposed of Haleigh, & Tommy was back home in time for the cops? IDK...whatever happened, I think Haleigh was put very close.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills
Back