Tony Lazzaro's testimony

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ITA I feel that whether or not I like TL has nothing to do with anything, he is not the one who killed caylee and he did all he could to help LE and he never ever sold out to the media. my personal opinion of him doesnt matter at all as far as his ability to be a very good witness

Very true, however, the jury does not know this case as well as we do, nor will they ever hear a lot of the details that we have. So if he comes across as cocky/jerkish or whatever, that could be bad.

O/T, but does anyone know where I can watch the testimony that occured after lunch? I had to make some calls and missed the afternoon testimony. :(

ETA: I posted just as TC was posting the link! Thanks! :)

here's my timeline.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6549272&postcount=86"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Forensic Astrology - CAYLEE ANTHONY Reported missing 7/15/2008 #16[/ame]

I've got everyone BUT the TIME Tony was SWORN IN. 3:???pm anyone know for sure?

They have to prove something. Anyone can say anything. Accuse any one of anything but there has to be some proof of ICA's claims. If the jury is worth their salt they'll expect some proof of the abuse allegations.

Jose doesn't want Tony hanging around. That's all I was able to determine from today. He couched it in "touching" concern for the "hardship" this is to Tony. IMO, Tony makes his client look like a 'ho. That can't be good.

Jose doesn't need to prove anything. He said it and he will keep driving home the accident theory as well as "victim Casey" and hope that one member at the very least buys it.

The abuse theory is their way of explaining away all the "bad coping" and the craziness and inexplainable behvavior in that house. There are some members of the public that believe it so it's not too much of a stretch to guess that there is somebody on the jury that is buying it.

I think TL did a great job. I think he has found himself in the middle of a nightmare he never asked for, never imagined !! Here he is this 22-23 year-old young man at the time, coming here to study music production, meets this pretty young lady and 3-4 months later finds himself in the middle of the BIGGEST mystery in the country .. which turns out to be murder !! No wonder he went back home to Long Island because his name here will ALWAYS be linked to who ... none other than ICA !!! If you listened through all the cockiness, when they asked him direct questions about Caylee and whether ICA told him anything about her missing or in danger, he straightened up right away and emphatically says NO. I think all this kid did was want to help, clean up his name after she smeared mud all over it and get the heck out of Dodge. He has never had his face on TV in all these years. I say .. good job TL !! I think him being back in the same room with her after all these years rattled her cage a little bit.

After reading opinions here of TL I thought he would be far more "cocky". I did not find this at all. I think he did just fine and came across like a very average young 20's guy.

Jose doesn't need to prove anything. He said it and he will keep driving home the accident theory as well as "victim Casey" and hope that one member at the very least buys it.

The abuse theory is their way of explaining away all the "bad coping" and the craziness and inexplainable behvavior in that house. There are some members of the public that believe it so it's not too much of a stretch to guess that there is somebody on the jury that is buying it.

If I were on the jury JB would need to prove it to me. The abuse is instrumental to his defense. If the abuse didn't happen, then what?

I can't speak for the jury members, only myself. I want to see proof that this girl was abused and that is why she acted in the insane and completely illogical manner when she knew her child was dead... and her tiny body was disposed of like so much trash... and her flesh was rotting and being consumed by maggots and tiny animals in a swamp. While "mommy" was dancing in a hot body contest... and banging her boyfriend... and "mothering" the shot girls.

That's what I want to know. JB should be glad I'm not on that jury.

It is interesting how people can come up with totally different impressions of the same thing. I thought he did just fine. He answered the questions.

If I were on the jury JB would need to prove it to me. The abuse is instrumental to his defense. If the abuse didn't happen, then what?

I can't speak for the jury members, only myself. I want to see proof that this girl was abused and that is why she acted in the insane and completely illogical manner when she knew her child was dead... and her tiny body was disposed of like so much trash... and her flesh was rotting and being consumed by maggots and tiny animals in a swamp. While "mommy" was dancing in a hot body contest... and banging her boyfriend... and "mothering" the shot girls.

That's what I want to know. JB should be glad I'm not on that jury.

If I were on the jury I would want to see proof too BUT they will be reminded a zillion times that the defense does NOT have to prove a thing. It has already been hammered into them at jury selection. WE would do great on this jury Roze lol

I think Kathryn and Aedrys both have good points. However, I believe the state's most damaging evidence against ICA is yet to come. We have to be patient.

I agree, don't attorney's call this 'laying the groundwork', foundation or something like that? Even if some of the jurors have heard a little about this, they haven't seen, heard or read as much some of us have. The prosecution has to make sure these folks hear everything.

Which, BTW, anybody else notice Baez got cut off and didn't get the chance to ask Tony about, one: Casey told him about the so-called abuse and two: He wasn't allowed to bring up the incident of when he said he woke up and found Casey crying, watching a video of Caylee? :waitasec:

I liked TL and i'm proud to say so. He did right by Caylee today so in my book that makes him ok. Look at the facts. ICA profited $300,000 and counting, TL ZERO, and he never spoke to the media who was hounding him daily. He has done the right thing.

I think it's really easy to judge him never having walked in his shoes, and honestly, the fact that people are judging him is another gift from Casey. Man, that girl keeps on giving.

I think that he was a young guy, who met a frankly easy attractive female. He took everything she was giving. Was that ethical? I'm not completely sure becuase I don't know what he was telling her. By his testimony, they were NOT serious. They'd known each other 3 weeks. Then he finds out this girl may have killed her baby whom he has met? That's straight out of the Twilight Zone and I think we'd be hard pressed to find any 20 something who wouldn't be rocked by that.

Yes, I wish he'd reviewed his prior statements before coming to court. Yes, sometimes I thought he was kind of cocky, but I also think that what is considered cocky can also be a defense mechanism. This guy knows he's in the cross hairs. He knows how big this case is because they were camped outside of his home, not ours.

Emotions run high in this case becuase we all love Caylee. We are united in that she had promise and deserved the chance to fulfill every bit of it. We just have to remember that this is a victim friendly forum, and also we are supportive of people who are testifying. He is speaking for Caylee, he's just nervous. Hugs.

TL was in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong girl. He cooperated with investigators completely. He realized he was in an unimaginable mess from the start that I doubt anyone that he knows has ever faced in their lives. He did the right thing from the beginning because he had absolutely nothing to hide.

I don't pretend to know him, and I don't know how I could by watching him for a couple of hours in the witness chair. He's keeping his story straight and his answers short, just as I'm sure he was advised to do.

I wish him well and hope that he will put this behind him as soon as possible. He seems like a stand-up guy (who was damn unlucky) to me.

Attitude? Tony? That's just Long Island baby!

You are 100% correct. I am originally from there, TL is exactly like everyone else on the island. I thought he did just fine. People from LI are blunt, harsh and pull no punches.:twocents:

OK, I only made it to the first 2 posts and scrolled down . . . wow . .. (shucks) I am feeling quite honored. Please know I was just trying to keep up . . . never read them I just hit the button and posted (hope I didn't cuss or anything). Please forgive if I did.

My favorite part of TL's testimony so far is when he said he skipped class on June 17th because he wanted to "spend the day in bed" and FG asked him what did he indeed do all day and he answered that he was "in bed" all day with ICA.

So ICA was happy to see him and having a good old time on June 16th (per TL) the very day that Caylee was murdered/missing/accidentally drowned, stays the night with TL, has a love fest all night that night and all day the next day. Are the jurors really supposed to believe this was an accident with ugly coping? Sounds a lot like celebrating to me!

So sorry if this has been asked but I had to leave today, saw everything but Tony and I thought he would be next. Do we have a link? Please?

Although i wish TL could recall certain things and be more detailed in his answers that is just my own wishful thinking and realize it has been 3 years since he had this short lived fling with KC. He just wasn't that much into her, it was a relationship of convenience. He was a young single guy trolling for girls on FB she was pretty and made herself available. She molded herself into the perfect girlfriend.. doted on him, lots of sex, cooked , cleaned, promised event tickets, tried to get his friends to hang out with him and make up after their falling out, offered to help him at work, drove him to the airport, helped him look for an apt, showed up with food and Didn't bring her daughter over for him to play daddy(most college aged boys don't want to be daddy to someone elses baby with someone they just met), He made it clear he was going back to NY yet she still played the role. Seriously what did he have to worry about..

I know if it were my sons they would thought life was grand as they would have been seeing things through their hormones and nothing else. I think he has tried to put this behind him, He confronted KC on NOT telling him when he found out about Caylee, co-operated with LE and is here on the stand testifying knowing he is being broadcasted and that people are judging him..

I think he came across well and didn't see him as arrogant more annoyed that this is his reality. If i were on the jury i would have related to him and felt sorry for the role he ended up with in all of this. He did nothing wrong apart from having a fling with KC. Maybe its because I have a son not to far of his age and also the fact i was the only girl in my immediate family & extended growing up ( all my cousins are boys bar one girl who is much younger the rest of us are all close in age). So from my vantage point he answered well and recalled about as much details as i would expect from a male his age in the environment he was currently in.

More shocking to me was JB's cross.. my jaw is still on the floor and my brain still scrambling to see where he was going with that diatribe.

excuse typos multi tasking trying to catch up on everything i haven't been doing during court time :)

Thanx to wenwe4 So Much, for the posts that capture TL on the stand...I had to leave the trial watching for Tornado Watching...A necessary action living here in Missouri, but we are fine....I had much to get caught up on and you filled in many blanks for me...

Again Thanx ;D

Attitude? Tony? That's just Long Island baby!

Thank You tankgirl..

This young man was LIED TO and FOOLED by the woman he was dating, sleeping with and practically living with....If he showed attitude in recalling those events..I don't blame him
:twocents:

I think he did a good job.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimberlyJane523