Travis Alexander's Journals and text messages

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ALV had access to all these texts? She "read behind the words" in all these to come up with the story of TA as a domestic violence perp? She's some kind of sick....

She very much did not have access to all these texts. The DT spoonfed their experts only what was helpful to the killer, even redacting info when that suited their purposes.

IMO ALV did have access to enough info to at least draw less certain conclusions about the killer, but that wasn't what she was being paid to do, and in any case her mindset precluded seeing Travis as a victim of DV.

She very much did not have access to all these texts. The DT spoonfed their experts only what was helpful to the killer, even redacting info when that suited their purposes.

IMO ALV did have access to enough info to at least draw less certain conclusions about the killer, but that wasn't what she was being paid to do, and in any case her mindset precluded seeing Travis as a victim of DV.

I've always believed that ALV had "access" to all these texts in the sense that she could have seen them if she wanted to -- she just didn't want to and was perfectly happy reading only what the defense gave her. IIRC, Fonseca made some comment during her testimony that there were 30 boxes of texts and emails, but she only read what she was given.

burner phones were available in '08.

the day travis txted with the 'mystery woman' did jodi talk to him at all too?
did this person actually go into his house? was it a 'friend' of jodis?

maria m. very imaginative jodi, maybe you have marie (mimi) hall on the brain too much when u come up with ur aliases?

No, I don't think the killer texted with TA during that marathon text event with mystery lady.

Here's another killer- creepy, though. On the 14th, the day after mystery lady text marathon and late-ish night visit, Maria M texted TA to ask him why he hadn't been in touch with her "last night."

For phone wiz's:

I researched a bit about what can cause random letters or gibberish to appear at the end of texts.

Such letters appear at the end of:

1. Each text sent to TA by Maria M.

2. The "TA is most delicious man on earth" text sent to Elyse supposedly by Mandy, and supposedly from Mandy to TA.

3. Texts sent to several of TA's flirt GF's in April.

The gibberish isn't on any other texts sent to TA, and isn't referenced by anyone other than TA's flirt GF's.

One cause of what looks like gibberish is a phone incompatibility problem- the gibberish are actually emoticons, but aren't received as such.

Given that at least 5-6 different phones translated emoticons into gibberish, my guess is that the sending phone was the same in each instance. Surprise.

That "how dare you" was obviously a standing joke with Travis -- it is scattered throughout his texts with other people as well as Jodi. Someone would text him that they were heading off to work, for example, and he would reply "how dare you." I don't think in this instance it means anything.

This is why having as many folks as possible looking at the texts makes such a difference.

You're right that TA uses "how dare you " semi-jokingly often enough, and he may have that night with the killer as well. But....am not sure. The timing is odd, and he clearly wasn't joking with her a few hours later when he accused her of messing with his LDS acct.

Maybe he texted her that right after mystery lady left because he had a bad feeling about the mystery lady and was checking out his gut feeling the killer was messing with him somehow, without confronting her. Yet.

BTW, I'm cramming in sleuthing and posting because I think I have 2 days left, max, before my poor family is forced to resort to hiding my phone (what I use for both) from me for the holidays.

Somehow they have this odd notion that tis the season to be jolly precludes being utterly absorbed in figuring out the mind of a psychopath.

Go figure. :D

This is why having as many folks as possible looking at the texts makes such a difference.

You're right that TA uses "how dare you " semi-jokingly often enough, and he may have that night with the killer as well. But....am not sure. The timing is odd, and he clearly wasn't joking with her a few hours later when he accused her of messing with his LDS acct.

Maybe he texted her that right after mystery lady left because he had a bad feeling about the mystery lady and was checking out his gut feeling the killer was messing with him somehow, without confronting her. Yet.

It's certainly possible, but the fact that he uses it so often as a joke . . . . I don't know. I'm more inclined to think he would have used some other words.

What has to be the most frustrating thing about reading these are the texts that come out of nowhere with no reference or context at all. This text was certainly one of them. He texts Jodi "how dare you" -- and then nothing. Either they moved the conversation to phone or email, or they didn't connect at all.

I've been reading the May texts on Karas on Crime and wanted to post some thoughts before they are forgotten. :)

On May 7, Maria A says that she is "feeling pretty slutty" (about what happened between them) and fears he has lost all respect for her.

Travis responds he hasn't lost respect for her, that he's glad she didn't let him get away with "bad stuff" and that he'd been pretty aggressive.

They will continue to text, very friendly, some of it Travis trying out his Spanish.

Here's the thing that gets me: Travis admits he was putting pretty heavy moves on her and that while, in the light of day, she's embarrassed at how far they went, she did at some point call a halt to it. And he says that's okay! So you have to wonder, what would have happened if Jodi said no back at the beginning? We know she didn't want to say no, that she was actively trying to hook him with sex, but how can she argue that she was "unable" to stop him, on the day of her baptism, for example?

Wonder what the DT's so-called experts would have said if they'd actually seen that exchange.

Wow, I mean psychotics do aggravate their patterns, you don't get your tires slashed twice and not fear something far more serious. She harassed him, all of which I thought was 'bad' enough, by use of texts/emails/social media, and aggravated to physical acts of stalking (him/dates), and causing financial disruptions in his life.

This May stuff is much darker and sounds more in line with her Borderline and psychopathy. Her body language, lack of, and those eyes in court and during the interrogations; she brushes off boundaries (so of course, you figure she is concealing something more than others can guess).

The extent to TA's psychological abuse, is astounding. Seriously, this is terrifying sh**. He must have suppressed it, because his communication to her doesn't cover the magnitude of how violated/terrified one would/should feel. He was an object for her to possess/destroy.

People said she was prostituting (to keep her prospects, phones, highlights etc?). This fits, she would do anything to destroy a human being.

I don't think it's a coincidence that it was mid-May when TA told Regan he was scared of JA. I think he was.

The mystery lady stuff (she came into his house, fgs!), her using phony LDS accounts, the weirdness of texts not being received and the phones and computers of GF's mysteriously malfunctioning....all of it must have been increasingly scary.

TA told Regan on the 22nd that he'd told the "psycho" not to contact him again but that somehow he didn't think it would be that easy.

Taylor has said too that it wasn't until the very end that Travis realized he was "in over his head."

Increasingly difficult to believe they had sex that day. OK, almost impossible. I'm starting to have a difficult time believing he even knew she was there until the shower.

The counter thought is that in the last week of his life virtually all his problems other than a relationship had been resolved at least for the time being, a sentiment he expressed himself.

He'd taken out a second mortgage, had just received a $10,000 bonus and 2 major travel perks from PPL, one for a trip abroad. Most important, he had spoken to Lisa, told her the truth about JA and more, and had accepted that Lisa had moved on.

He said he was "happy as a lark" afterwards. Maybe enough so to let his guard down one last time, at least enough to not call the cops when she surprised him in his house on the 4th.

FWIW, I'm going to ask BK's mods if it is OK to post most of the May 13 text with mystery lady. Also, a single volunteer there converted the raw data of ALL of those 15,000 plus texts into viewable format .

WOW! First of all. But secondly, that volunteer would know if the original format attached phone numbers to texts sent and received. :)

FWIW, I'm going to ask BK's mods if it is OK to post most of the May 13 text with mystery lady. Also, a single volunteer there converted the raw data of ALL of those 15,000 plus texts into viewable format .

WOW! First of all. But secondly, that volunteer would know if the original format attached phone numbers to texts sent and received. :)

It would be so cool to be able to see what the raw data includes in a way we can read it; everything the prosecution (most certainly) was able to get its hands on.

The mystery lady episode is really baffling. Something is really off and wrong in so many levels.

How about this scenario. I know it's a bit outrageous, but..... just trying to look at all possibilities.:thinking:

So the mystery lady is JA. Although her texts don't have that sickly-sweet-saccharine characteristic of JA in them, she may have camouflaged well for the duration of the marathon texting session. She does make a mistake though when Travis asks her if she knows what prepaid legal is and she says yes then quickly corrects herself, saying no.

She mentions 12-year old girl + gift, etc.

And she actually shows up.

Pictures are taken (nude photos!) that night.

Phone sex is recorded sometime between May 14 after 11:02 pm and May 15, 4:31 am. 12-year old girl mentioned again.

(Some of my comments are based on knowledge gained from reading materials in the karasoncrime website).

ALV had access to all these texts? She "read behind the words" in all these to come up with the story of TA as a domestic violence perp? She's some kind of sick....

How about her innovative creation of 'normal stalking' that occurs between couples during separation.
And the normal stalking happens so normally/frequently/naturally that she doesn't even include stalking in her continuum except in the terrorist column.

Those words, normal and stalking, should never be used together.
Stalkers are never normal. They are very dangerous.

I've always believed that ALV had "access" to all these texts in the sense that she could have seen them if she wanted to -- she just didn't want to and was perfectly happy reading only what the defense gave her. IIRC, Fonseca made some comment during her testimony that there were 30 boxes of texts and emails, but she only read what she was given.

That's what I think....ALV potentially had access to them. This was before Fonseca came along. And it didn't sound as though ALV was restricted, and she had a number for how many texts there were. In fact, she might have billed for reading them and didn't actually read them.

Also, if someone (like an intern) had simply prepared for the state the relative numbers of TA's texts to JA and JA's texts to TA, it would have become evident numerically that Jodi was stalking....

The mystery lady episode is really baffling. Something is really off and wrong in so many levels.

How about this scenario. I know it's a bit outrageous, but..... just trying to look at all possibilities.:thinking:

So the mystery lady is JA. Although her texts don't have that sickly-sweet-saccharine characteristic of JA in them, she may have camouflaged well for the duration of the marathon texting session. She does make a mistake though when Travis asks her if she knows what prepaid legal is and she says yes then quickly corrects herself, saying no.

She mentions 12-year old girl + gift, etc.

And she actually shows up.

Pictures are taken (nude photos!) that night.

Phone sex is recorded sometime between May 14 after 11:02 pm and May 15, 4:31 am. 12-year old girl mentioned again.

(Some of my comments are based on knowledge gained from reading materials in the karasoncrime website).

I wondered too if part of the purpose of mystery lady was for her to take nudies of TA to give to the killer.

I really don't believe mystery lady was the killer.

1. The killer was broke and couldn't have afforded the travel.

2. IMO she was already planning to kill him and would have killed him then rather than "surprise" him after that long farce of pretending to be another woman.

3. TA texted the killer 15 min after MLady left. Why do that if she WAS the mystery lady?

4. The exchange between TA and Regan on May 22 may suggest otherwise. TA told her the killer had finally confessed about what she had done. Regan texts - what about the other woman? (TA replies- no sight of her, or haven't found out anything about her, something like that).

IMO the killer confessed to TA she was Maria M, but he hadn't been able to figure out who mystery lady was, in part because she poofed. Her job was done.

It would be so cool to be able to see what the raw data includes in a way we can read it; everything the prosecution (most certainly) was able to get its hands on.

I don't imagine we'll be able to see the raw texts, but I did just request permission to post the May 13 mystery lady texts, and asked whether or not phone numbers were attached to each text. Will post when I get a reply. :)

Say 'wah'? Please tell what you can.

I've posted in this thread and the main thread about GS and PPL politics and the killer, etc. around this time.

Whatever else, the relationship between GS and the killer was....oddly close, especially since she voiced zero interest in PPL once she left Mesa.

And yet.....GS is who she beelines to on her way back to Yreka and GS who gives her a pricey Helio phone then. She and GS semm to text each other quite a bit, even while GS is attending PPL events.

The excuse she gives TA about why GS is texting her- that she had done some behind the scenes maneuvering to set GS up with a date- is IMO a lie, but it is an odd lie, suggesting one kind of conspiracy to cover up for another?

If GS was conspiring with her in some way- as in providing her with electronics or such, I'd guess its because she'd conned him into believing TA abused her or some such.

I've posted in this thread and the main thread about GS and PPL politics and the killer, etc. around this time.

Whatever else, the relationship between GS and the killer was....oddly close, especially since she voiced zero interest in PPL once she left Mesa.

And yet.....GS is who she beelines to on her way back to Yreka and GS who gives her a pricey Helio phone then. She and GS semm to text each other quite a bit, even while GS is attending PPL events.

The excuse she gives TA about why GS is texting her- that she had done some behind the scenes maneuvering to set GS up with a date- is IMO a lie, but it is an odd lie, suggesting one kind of conspiracy to cover up for another?

If GS was conspiring with her in some way- as in providing her with electronics or such, I'd guess its because she'd conned him into believing TA abused her or some such.

I always found it intriguing that GS claimed to have information that could help or hurt JA; but JM never seemed to think so - they had a good go-round when GS was on the stand as a defense witness.

I've always wondered just what information he had and now reading the info from the texts, it would appear that he did. What info he had is anybody's guess or was he just blustering?

Could've been:
1. info on her visit to see him during her trip home to Yreka
2. info on the phones and electronics in particular
3. info on her scheme to frame and defame TA - especially with PPL
4. NOTHING

I wondered too if part of the purpose of mystery lady was for her to take nudies of TA to give to the killer.

I really don't believe mystery lady was the killer.

1. The killer was broke and couldn't have afforded the travel.

2. IMO she was already planning to kill him and would have killed him then rather than "surprise" him after that long farce of pretending to be another woman.

3. TA texted the killer 15 min after MLady left. Why do that if she WAS the mystery lady?

4. The exchange between TA and Regan on May 22 may suggest otherwise. TA told her the killer had finally confessed about what she had done. Regan texts - what about the other woman? (TA replies- no sight of her, or haven't found out anything about her, something like that).

IMO the killer confessed to TA she was Maria M, but he hadn't been able to figure out who mystery lady was, in part because she poofed. Her job was done.
Not my intention to disagree with your belief as I wholly agree with your belief and reasons, and my scenario was just an 'outrageous' hypothesis. But what if some explanation can be found, before we totally disregard my hypothesis.

1. -> generous GUS?

2. -> On May 13, she may have been still on the 'let's ruin Travis anyway possible' mode or 'since you didn't come to see me, I'll come to you' mode, rather than 'I'm going to kill him'?

3. -> Travis was confused. He had to answer/text back to Mlady about hiding her from roommates, then decided to text how dare you to the real culprit?

4. -> I saw that exchange too. I wish their texts were more specific. Would Travis tell Regan about inviting a girl to his home after a marathon texting? 'the other girl' could be meant for the other N/A lady from May 11, or the real Maria M from England (who got her account hijacked by JA, if that is what JA did), or some other we don't about.

As if May 13 isn't whacked enough.....next day, May 14, Maria M makes an appearance by text (the same Maria M, as Pocket pointed out earlier, who almost certainly was the killer, as TA seemingly found out on May 21).

But not before TA texts the killer to ask her why she is using multiple phony accounts to go into his LDS link up account. (Which she denies doing, of course, vehemently and at great length with lots of embellishments, until he tells her to "chill," and that he just finds it creepy). (Oh, yah).

Maria M and Travis text briefly. She calls him gorgeous, tells him he's a "total darling."

Her texts end with "mmmwa *advertiser censored*" and "mmwa x ". More strange gibberish, similar to delicious man texts?

I think we pretty much concluded Maria M is JA.

JA has many, at least 3 phones in front of her. Two Helios and 1 Razor and who knows what else. She is juggling those phones and getting confused which phone belongs to which person.

Here's an example,

After Maria M and Travis texts each other on May 14, ~3 am (a total darling!), at 1:53 pm the same day, Travis texts Maria M about why no call from her.
Then out of the blue JA texts TA at 1:56 pm, thanking him for calling back.
Notice JA immediately is texting back to Travis texting to Maria M. I think JA picked up the wrong phone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoftyGoalGirl
Back