Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for explaining. And I agree that all of this is very disjointed. But can you please clarify how we know is was NOT Travis's laptop?

The witness discussed the hard drive from Travis' lap top in the first part of his testimony. That was the report he was going over when he was discussing the "Deanna Reid" user name and the times of the youtube videos, etc. He specifically said he was examining Travis' laptop.

THEN the defense started talking about a different lap top hard drive that the witness received on a different date, and he received the hard drive by itself, and not with the laptop it had come from. He stated that this was a different hard drive than the one he had been discussing earlier (i.e., He already reported on Travis' laptop hard drive and this was a different hard drive).

Unless Travis had two lap tops, and the expert examined both of them, then this was not Travis' hard drive. Just assuming that if this second hard drive was Travis' that would have been identified and disclosed. Since there was not indication that this hard drive came from a second lap top of Travis', I believe that it was not his...I could be proven wrong, but from what we saw in court, this is the logical inference at this point.

hello, everyone.. i am new here.. but i must admit that i've been lurking for the past few days, and am still not completely caught up on some of the details (for instance, i still have not watches the police interrogation, on july 15th, i think it was?) ... you are all amazing, by the way. incredibly intelligent, thought provoking, funny, and genuinely caring people.. if, universe forbid, something awful ever happened to me or my family, i would want y'all to be giving my grief such powerful consideration.

now to try to contribute...

in reference to today's (seemingly irrelevant) male appendage photos, does anyone know what the "time stamp" could be referring to? are they talking about when the photo was taken or when the photo was acquired on the hard drive?

thanks in advance!

The witness discussed the hard drive from Travis' lap top in the first part of his testimony. That was the report he was going over when he was discussing the "Deanna Reid" user name and the times of the youtube videos, etc. He specifically said he was examining Travis' laptop.

THEN the defense started talking about a different lap top hard drive that the witness received on a different date, and he received the hard drive by itself, and not with the laptop it had come from. He stated that this was a different hard drive than the one he had been discussing earlier (i.e., He already reported on Travis' laptop hard drive and this was a different hard drive).

Unless Travis had two lap tops, and the expert examined both of them, then this was not Travis' hard drive. Just assuming that if this second hard drive was Travis' that would have been identified and disclosed. Since there was not indication that this hard drive came from a second lap top of Travis', I believe that it was not his...I could be proven wrong, but from what we saw in court, this is the logical inference at this point.

I took his testimony as referring to an external drive to Travis's laptop. That may or may not be the case -- I think we're clear that there's no clarity on that lol. Which brings me back to the original point in response to the OP that we don't know one way or the other where this drive came from - Travis's laptop or elsewhere. At this point at least.

Hey everyone! New here, but avid follower of this case.

I have not seen this mentioned here so I'll raise the point. Anyone take note of the fact that a freeweb proxy server was invoked just prior to Travis's gmail account being accessed. A proxy server hides the identity of a user to help make it more difficult to backtrack and see what sites they're hitting.

Now...why would Travis need to hide his own identity while checking his own email? The mystery user seems obvious to me.

And the proxy server and gmail were logged at 4am a few hours before they had sex. Isn't that the same time Jodi told police she arrived at Travis's house? She got in around 4am, they slept in and then had sex, and then she went Lizzie Borden on him.

Who's to say TA was even awake when she got there. She obviously had a key as Lisa Andrews testified Jodi would let herself in unannounced. Who's to say she didn't go Columbo on his computer while he was sleeping.

As someone mentioned earlier, I really hope State did forensics on her computer & her grandparents to see if she used that same web proxy often and if any records exist on her computer for the alias DeAnna Reed.
bbm
Excellent post, Stolat!
Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

Hopefully I can shed some light on this.......

From your earlier post

The bag of parts..... I have one of these things, kinda surprised Travis would, they are normally for computer geeks.

Here is the bag of parts
End cap, screw, enclosure and cable....basically you insert drive inside lining up the pins and then add end cap on and screw together enclosure

Not to be confused with an external drive which is hard to take apart BTW These enclosures are simple and designed to facilitate checking various drives for different testing by swapping them in and out.

Maybe I will take pics and show them, I have three different external and one of the testing enclosures

<snip pic for space>

So ... is the enclosure something that tests the internal hard drive? This hard drive was delivered to the witness by Mesa PD -- and it had already been tested by Mesa PD. So is the enclosure (and parts) something that Mesa PD might have used to test the hard drive?

Also - am I correct that he is talking about an internal hard drive from a lap top?

I think the one thing we can also share with this family are our tears.

I never knew his name. Anybody know it? He's a very good man.

On a side note , Mormon women are BEAUTIFUL. I've noticed this before in my area but dang I don't know if it's that wholesome living or what. LDS women have a high ratio of natural beauty I've noticed.

Thank you so much Katie for sharing the day with us. It made me cry!

Tanisha's husband's name is Harold and I thank God for sending him into her life.
Watching the trial shows how much love he has for her and we all know she really needs it at this time.

But, in the end, what does this have to do with anything?

The judge could have put a quick stop to this. The judge is a failure in this regard. It wasnt even evidence yet, and the judge allowed flashes of these pictures to get to the jury.

Judge is failing her duties.

I have to disagree. I think she is a very good judge and today seemed particularly rough/frustrating for her. It's not the judge's fault the defense team pulled that stunt any more than she is responsible for JM flashing the autopsy picture yesterday. The judge has been very fair to both sides. What's her name Willie-lady (the female defense atty) did that on purpose! WE know that she did!

Just making a tab...don't mind me:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG, they almost make Baez look like a genius. They are totally lame, appear to be only minimally engaged in this trial, and are now resorting to a kamikaze defense strategy. If I was JA I would be VERY worried right about now. This jury is engaged. They will not come back with a Pinellas County verdict. I have faith in them :prayer:

From your lips to God's ears. That's all I can say. Like someone else posted earlier, I too have lost my compass since the anthony trial.

Aw now my DVR had to go and shift to Palladia playing Daryl's House with Daryl Hall and Smokey Robinson playing such a soulful rendition of Sara Smile and I'm bawling. God, I needed that release after these court days. :( It's all so sad people. So much sadness this is.

It is horrific. Something about this case has really struck me. I see my brothers, my brother-in-laws and my cousins in Travis. The way he was murdered and that he was essentially hunted, like prey by a demon on the earth, it just gets to me. Especially the feeling that she might be able to fool someone on the jury with her sociopathic or psychopathic charms.

And the cruel attempts to destroy Travis' reputation and air all his dirty laundry, the "blame the victim" carp that is happening in this trial, it just adds to the tragedy of this case. The fact that his poor sisters have to sit still and listen to their dead brother's name being dragged through the mud, it;s just too much to bear. For some reason, I can really put myself in their shoes. It's weighing on me.

I know I have been mad at the judge lately, but this example today is a perfect example of her not doing her job when it is desparately needed.

-She could have stopped the defense blatant actions before it did damage to the jury - she did nothing.

-Even if she missed it, she could have at least verbally instructed the jury to totally disregard those photos as they are NOT evidence yet and may not ever become evidence.

-But instead, she lets the jury go home with the thought in their heads that Travis had some really bad dirty pictures on his computer.

-like was already nicely pointed out in the transcript, it is not even proven these really came from his computer at all, we dont know whose pics it even is, and basically it is garbage that the defense brought in.

-so sad

Where the judge sits, she could not see what was being flashed to the jury or to the tv cameras. And the judge is not going to do anything until the prosecution objects. She cannot really interfere in that manner without risking appellate issues.

Thank you Sleuth.

In a small nutshell, my sister Cindy was murdered in 1988 by a German man and his brother in a "let's marry American women and take out big insurance policies on them then kill them and get rich" scheme. She was their first (and last) victim. They were both sentenced to Death in 1990.

She was killed on Dec. 23 and her body was found in the desert on Christmas Eve by a young boy out 4 wheeling with his Dad who came to court and testified "I thought it was a deer". :(

It was a very sophisticated premeditated plan and cover up--they nearly got away with it but their 3rd accomplice turned on them. Yet just a couple years ago after a 7 year appeal which cost tax payers over 10 million dollars one of them was released from Death Row to L with parole on a MENTAL RETARDATION claim. he will be up for parole in 5 years now but luckily has a second sentence to fulfill for the conspiracy charge..another 25 years. They will both die in prison. But he almost could have gotten out (another story).

Cindy was killed much like Travis. Over 30 stab wounds and nearly decapitated. No gun shot though. Like Travis' family I avoided crime scene/autopsy photos 100% (I wouldn't even be in the courtroom ) but horrifically ran in to one online a few years ago and thought I was going to lose my mind...seriously. So I know alot of what they are dealing with. Cindy was my only sister. Just 14 months older than me. She was my lifeline.

That's it, in a nutshell. Thanks for the love, you and everyone. :)

Man. I'm very sad to hear what happened to you, your beautiful sister and your family. God bless you for using your heartbreak to help others through.

I think the one thing we can also share with this family are our tears.

I never knew his name. Anybody know it? He's a very good man.

On a side note , Mormon women are BEAUTIFUL. I've noticed this before in my area but dang I don't know if it's that wholesome living or what. LDS women have a high ratio of natural beauty I've noticed.

This is true. My sister-in-law (brother's wife) is Mormon. And, I grew up with lots of Mormon friends. So, I've been to a lot of their concerts, dances and parties. My family jokes and calls them "genettos", or genetically perfect humans, when we see so mnay good looking people gathered in one spot. It's weird!

I took his testimony as referring to an external drive to Travis's laptop. That may or may not be the case -- I think we're clear that there's no clarity on that lol. Which brings me back to the original point in response to the OP that we don't know one way or the other where this drive came from - Travis's laptop or elsewhere. At this point at least.

I'm not going to keep going back and forth on this because I'll admit I am no expert in this area, so I'll leave it to more knowledgeable folks than me. But here is why I thought it was an internal hard drive from a lap top:

witness: I received a 2.5 inch internal hard drive, that's the size of a hard drive you would find in a laptop, and a bag of parts from an external enclosure that would be appropriate for use with that hard drive. So it appeared that that hard drive may have been in that enclosure at some point, but its enclosure was provided to me as a bag of parts.

My apologies... I'm not an expert. I dont know that we know exactly what the had drive looked like or was. I was just showing an example of an external. Please forgive me if I messed up.

No need for apologies..... The external hard drives are very hard to take apart though, I have tried on one...not a good idea, the enclosures on the other hand are designed to be easy as pie to insert different drives, most people would not have one of these if they did not somehow work on computers IMO reason I have one is I had so many laptop hard drives and wanted to be able to test quickly or load an OS to the drive to later add to a laptop and resell...

I am surprised that Travis would have one, it would make much more sense if he did have an everyday external hard drive.

I'll try here Karmandy. See, that's the thing; they started all this smoke and mirrors thing about the "Compaq". What was in the search logs, who was the user, all this stuff. Then they get you thinking about these benign youtube vids and next thing you know, he's talking about ANOTHER hard drive with no documentation. We don't know who owned it, we don't know where it came from, we don't know about any file names or directories. Then WHAM, she flashes these photos for all the world to see.

Where the hard drive came from, I don't know. What we do know is that it did not come from TA's laptop.

I HAVE to believe the discussion of this is what caused the delay in the trial, yet the judge let it be shown???
If most on here don't understand, and don't have you, txbluesman, to explain, how can we expect a jury of conservative "older" peeps to figure this out? Maybe you should offer your services. I'd be fine with that. lol

thats the impression i got - but i have a question, when the defense accidently showed those pics - were they already entered into evidence and approved?? or is the defense just trying to get a mistrial? - since there was no context given at all to those pics

But, in the end, what does this have to do with anything?

What it means to me is that the hard drive the expert was testifying about -- the one where he recovered the pics -- did not belong to Travis (that we know of) and has no relevance.

I was basically just offered a job today working with victims in the ADA's office (not really offered a job but a strong suggestion was made). I'm going to see what i can to on a volunteer basis to help them out (I don't need another job). This is going to be a crusade of mine. Ironically, my former Victim's Rights Attorney now works in that exact office. She is a mover and shaker. I'm feeling a need to take some kind of action. We already changed some victim's legislation in AZ because of some abuses I suffered.

I couldn't agree with you/Vinnie more. I'm gonna write him. This trial has to be where something stops. STOPS.

katie -- It sounds like you are being called to this position -- if it is volunteer, you could prolly set your own hours -- figure the best times to be out of the house. If it is part-time paid (which it prolly is), then you may be able to negotiate your preferred hours as well.

I'm sure many of us here would want to see you in the position since you have been there and done it, so sorry to say -- but at least some time has passed so you wouldn't be just recently stung by it (although the wound and anger and hurt will always be there). This sounds like it needs you & your experience. That's MO only. You will do what you can, when you can -- that's the best way to approach it, again JMO. I wish strength and wisdom to you here, but don't forget about yourself.
icon7.gif

hello, everyone.. i am new here.. but i must admit that i've been lurking for the past few days, and am still not completely caught up on some of the details (for instance, i still have not watches the police interrogation, on july 15th, i think it was?) ... you are all amazing, by the way. incredibly intelligent, thought provoking, funny, and genuinely caring people.. if, universe forbid, something awful ever happened to me or my family, i would want y'all to be giving my grief such powerful consideration.

now to try to contribute...

in reference to today's (seemingly irrelevant) male appendage photos, does anyone know what the "time stamp" could be referring to? are they talking about when the photo was taken or when the photo was acquired on the hard drive?

thanks in advance!

Welcome Moonbird!! I thought it odd that Wilmott kind of skipped over the time stamp information. He might have said he was unable to get that information. IMO Someone who goes through another's computer is on the same level as a creep who goes through a woman's underwear drawer!

Thank you Sleuth.

In a small nutshell, my sister Cindy was murdered in 1988 by a German man and his brother in a "let's marry American women and take out big insurance policies on them then kill them and get rich" scheme. She was their first (and last) victim. They were both sentenced to Death in 1990.

She was killed on Dec. 23 and her body was found in the desert on Christmas Eve by a young boy out 4 wheeling with his Dad who came to court and testified "I thought it was a deer". :(

It was a very sophisticated premeditated plan and cover up--they nearly got away with it but their 3rd accomplice turned on them. Yet just a couple years ago after a 7 year appeal which cost tax payers over 10 million dollars one of them was released from Death Row to L with parole on a MENTAL RETARDATION claim. he will be up for parole in 5 years now but luckily has a second sentence to fulfill for the conspiracy charge..another 25 years. They will both die in prison. But he almost could have gotten out (another story).

Cindy was killed much like Travis. Over 30 stab wounds and nearly decapitated. No gun shot though. Like Travis' family I avoided crime scene/autopsy photos 100% (I wouldn't even be in the courtroom ) but horrifically ran in to one online a few years ago and thought I was going to lose my mind...seriously. So I know alot of what they are dealing with. Cindy was my only sister. Just 14 months older than me. She was my lifeline.

That's it, in a nutshell. Thanks for the love, you and everyone. :)

I am crying so hard I can hardly see to type right now! I don't even know where to begin, so I will try to keep it simple! My heart goes out to you and I know that's not enough bc I cannot begin to fathom the pain, the questions, the hell that must have put you through then and deal with daily now!!!

The way you carry yourself speaks volumes about your character!! I just thought you were a witty, well spoken, funny gal with great commentary but knowing the back story I'm 1,000 times more impressed and touched that you can find the strength to reach out and help others in their time of need!! I do so hope you get to work with TA's family and y'all can have each other to lean on!!

I'm still crying so I better go but thank you for having the courage to put all of that out here for the world to see! *UNBELIEVSBLE* Your strength is inspiring and it puts me in check to quit *****ing about the little things and be a better person!! Thank you for that!!

xoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member