Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, instead of her thoughts being one step ahead, suddenly she was one step behind. Her mind had to race through "where was the camera?" "where did I leave it?" "when did I last see it?" "where could they have found it?" ... all while simultaneously, Flores is still asking questions. She definitely had to play catch-up for a few minutes.

I agree.

I always figured the camera got wound up in the sheets, accidentally.

I do wonder had Travis married Jodi if he would have been a stepping stone to her. Would she have moved on had she snagged somebody wealthier? Guess we will never know. Based on the relationship she left to pursure Travis I think she would have moved on. Especially if Travis didn't meet her expectation of wealth. IMO
Yeah, the moment she saw that the grass was greener, she would have hopped the fence and abandoned any children she conceived with Travis.

I'm off to take a huge dose of Niacin now. :seeya:

yes, compared to her own living situation his was far better. Many people are home owners by age 30. And the specifics always tell the full picture. Homes are often purchased for no money down. I am one that thrives on truth and honesty, I am not a fan of embellishing or exaggerating from either side to bolster the emotions, just the facts, they usually carry you right through.. Truth and Facts. A home can be furnished with a charge card. I am not saying that was the case here, but as I always say...

It's in the details.

Agreed. You are right. It is always good to also look at the liability side of the balance sheet.

EDIT: But as far as appearances go, for a 30 year old, Travis looked pretty darn good. And in my opinion, Jodi was all about appearances.

Is there any evidence that JA went by Jodi Alexander (and if yes, would that be with or without his knowledge?)

Only if it was ever brought up...I'm curious

the only people i have ever heard that from is NG and JVM - constantly - by mistake while they do their questionable news reports - i'm afraid at some point i might throw my coffee cup into my television if they don't stop :banghead:

I don't understand how it can be played at all since it was illegal to tape it!!
Didn't we go through this with the FL trial and one of the investigators ?

If Jodi recorded it in CA without his knowledge and ok'ing, it is not admissible in court. I don't know where defense is going with the tape. Also, even if Travis said something about a twelve year old doesnt mean he's attracted to that. He's not here to discuss the meaning.
I honestly can't see one single thing that adds up to self defense. I see a spoiled brat narcissistic monster who wasn't getting her way. She decided his penalty was death. Now, she and her legal team have decided to keep killing him in the publics eyes. I'll tell you what! If that were my son (who btw looks very much like Travis) and they were nationally parading around an attempted assassination on his good name and character, I think I would be going to prison for a very long time. Gladly.

And i'm not saying it was not a sizable home, it was. Much better buy for the money there. The $190,000 to $200,000 home in AZ would easily be $650,000 here.

Travis did have a nice home and well appointed. A great start for a young man when many today are not able to manage a mortgage.

Good point. Travis bought the house when he was 25 (I believe). Good financial accomplishment for a guy with HS education. $250,000 homes are upper middle class in the Mesa area. IMO

Is there any evidence that JA went by Jodi Alexander (and if yes, would that be with or without his knowledge?)

Only if it was ever brought up...I'm curious

Great question. Just as an aside, I almost busted a gut laughing when Casey Anthony's notebook was discovered where she had been practicing writing "Mrs. Tony Lazzaro".

I think they took that small fiber and extrapolated it to the "soft rope" theory to try and explain why this murderer was holding a knife in that "one minute" she had to "defend herself"- because in Willmott's horrible opening statement (I mean technically horrible) she mentioned that about how Travis used a knife to cut those soft ropes. Oh brother! That's like let's kill a fly with a sledgehammer. It's a laughable defense if it wasn't to tragic.

Oh yeah, death by tassel toss has always scared me into a rage too - geez, if that is the best the defense has - bring it! LOL

On the Amazon move - that might not be a bad thing, at least there advocates can vote the blood drawings down and post reviews, etc to make it clear to a buyer who she is and what was done and just who will be ordering Doritos in jail with the profits.

Good point. Travis bought the house when he was 25 (I believe). Good financial accomplishment for a guy with HS education. $250,000 is a upper middle class home in the Mesa area. IMO

Excellent point, thank you DC!

yes, still very good that any young person was able purchase the home. Purchase Price of approx $200,000. Zero to $4000 down was required. Payment of Approx $1325 a month.
(sorry, purchase price $249,918.00 7-30-2004) roughly same payment and down was optional.)

She was probably bleaching the load of bloody laundry. Camera was tucked in, she never realized it was in there. Incredible it survived the wash.

I agree.

I've washed remote controls, pliers and countless kleenex's lol.

I agree with you. Early on I saw coverage of this crime and at times TA was described as a millionaire wealthy motivational speaker (they all left out the Multi Level Marketing job) The house was very conservative/modest compared to some Arizona homes, California homes and certainly homes and lifestyle in Monterey California. (and roommates no less, probably all PrePaid Legal agents, my guess is his circle was comprised of 99.9% in the same company PPL/LS as it is frowned upon to surround yourself with non believers if you will indulge me on that notion)

I would challenge the notion he was wealthy. And the success he had at the MLM would be short lived. What I do see after reading his blog is that I believe he would have gone on to continue motivational speaking, writing books and in time he sure had the passion to be very successful at that. I think because that comes from the heart.

I have my own theories about what got her so attracted and obsessed with him. Not earth shaking revelations.

Care to share your theory?

Not related to any posts above in particular, but something new confirmed in watching this trial that I only suspected before: I never knew how many lay people with less than a typical college education, some with no college education, believe they have the same or better knowledge and expertise than medical examiners, psychiatrists, physicians, and other professionals who have 12+ years of post graduate education, internships, residencies, and then years of study in their fields. Not only that, but these lay 'professionals' apparently have the ability to thoroughly diagnose another human without having met them or seen more than 15 minutes of them in pictures and/or video. I think the membership rosters of the AMA, APA and others are going to be flooded with new applications. :floorlaugh:

Yes but why in the medical field do they always refer to it as a "practice" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members