Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask please - is the kidnapping trial of SM to be held in Conway, or Charlestown courthouse. If I may squeeze a second Q, how early in the day would court commence for the jury selection process? TIA

• MAY 2 – 800 juror summons and questionnaires mailed
  • MAY 3 – HC WS'ers check their mailboxes :winkaway:
  • JUNE 2 – Questionnaires are to be sent back from jurors by this date

Well, I'm certainly due again. They got me a few months after moving here. :doh:

The motion, filed by Moorer’s attorney Kirk Truslow, requests that the court suppress the expert opinion of Grant Fredericks, a certified forensic video analyst, according to his profile on the website for Forensic Video Solutions. "Grant is a Certified Forensic Video Analyst, who has testified as an expert witness over 130 times in courts at all levels," the site states. "He is recognized as a leading instructor in the science of Photographic/Video Comparison, Reverse Projection and Vehicle Speed Analysis."

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/31611...xpert-witness?clienttype=generic&sf23454672=1

The motion, filed by Moorer’s attorney Kirk Truslow, requests that the court suppress the expert opinion of Grant Fredericks, a certified forensic video analyst, according to his profile on the website for Forensic Video Solutions. "Grant is a Certified Forensic Video Analyst, who has testified as an expert witness over 130 times in courts at all levels," the site states. "He is recognized as a leading instructor in the science of Photographic/Video Comparison, Reverse Projection and Vehicle Speed Analysis."

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/31611...xpert-witness?clienttype=generic&sf23454672=1

I wonder what their reasoning is for wanting to suppress..other than the fact that this could be very crucial evidence against the M's. Legally I'd like to know what they are gonna say supports their reason..And when do we find out if it is granted or denied? closer to trial?
I suck at the legal part of all of this so I'm sorry lol

I wonder what their reasoning is for wanting to suppress..other than the fact that this could be very crucial evidence against the M's. Legally I'd like to know what they are gonna say supports their reason..And when do we find out if it is granted or denied? closer to trial?
I suck at the legal part of all of this so I'm sorry lol
I feel this is pretty standard. What do they feel is the most damning to them? (Looks like they are worried about that video and the expert's testimony.) Whatever it is, try to get it tossed so that the jury never hears it. Basic legal wrangling and maneuvering.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I feel this is pretty standard. What do they feel is the most damning to them? (Looks like they are worried about that video and the expert's testimony.) Whatever it is, try to get it tossed so that the jury never hears it. Basic legal wrangling and maneuvering.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Makes sense. Sounds like that video might not just be a black "blob" after all ;)

The proceedings, according to the scheduling order, will occur as follows:

APRIL 4 – Deadline for filing of all pretrial motions by parties

APRIL 15 – Opposing counsel shall respond in writing to all briefs filed in support of pretrial motions, or the moving parties’ motion is considered stipulated to

APRIL 18 – All pretrial motions that counsel or court want heard prior to juror questionnaires or juror summons being sent out by the Clerk of Court

MAY 2 – 800 juror summons and questionnaires mailed

JUNE 2 – Questionnaires are to be sent back from jurors by this date

JUNE 3 – List given to sheriff on no responses

JUNE 13 – JUNE 17: Final hearing dates for any and all pretrial matters that need to be resolved prior to trial. Hearings will begin at 9 a.m. at the Horry County Justice Center, third floor.

JUNE 17 – Attorneys to provide witness list to the court. The State and Defense shall be prepared to stipulate by agreement as to those exhibits to be introduced at trial by the parties or to set forth their objections to said exhibits.

JUNE 20 – Jury panel arrives to Horry County Justice Center and reports to the Jury Assembly room. Qualification process begins. Jury to be chosen, trial to begin upon qualification of the panel.

JUNE 27 – Trial continues if necessary

http://wbtw.com/2016/03/23/scheduling-order-outlines-sidney-moorer-court-dates/

Grant Fredericks is a contract instructor of video sciences at the FBI National Academy and is one of the most experienced video experts in North America. Grant is a Certified Forensic Video Analyst, who has testified as an expert witness over 130 times in courts at all levels. He is recognized as a leading instructor in the science of Photographic/Video Comparison, Reverse Projection and Vehicle Speed Analysis.

http://www.forensicvideosolutions.com/our-team/

Our expert analysis experience covers an array of forensic video analysis techniques, including but not limited to:

Image Enhancement

attachment.php

http://www.forensicvideosolutions.com/forensic-analysis/

Attachments

• a-frame-average.jpg
    a-frame-average.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 220
Our expert analysis experience covers an array of forensic video analysis techniques, including but not limited to:

Image Enhancement

attachment.php

http://www.forensicvideosolutions.com/forensic-analysis/

His work is impressive as well as his credentials. No wonder defense wants it tossed. I hope he is found guilty on Heather's birthday but worried M Dennis will sabotage it.. We have seen him in action before. Totally one sided.

Wonder if Tammy will be called as a witness.

The Elvises will never ever get Heather back.

Please let them have some justice.

• MAY 2 – 800 juror summons and questionnaires mailed
    [*] MAY 3 – HC WS'ers check their mailboxes :winkaway:
  • JUNE 2 – Questionnaires are to be sent back from jurors by this date
Haha! I had jury duty the week of 4/20 last year. I'm out!

His work is impressive as well as his credentials. No wonder defense wants it tossed. I hope he is found guilty on Heather's birthday but worried M Dennis will sabotage it.. We have seen him in action before. Totally one sided.

Wonder if Tammy will be called as a witness.

His work is very impressive; The R. Kelly sex tape - he enhanced it to the point of seeing a mole on his back and grains/knots in the wood that were consistent with a room in his home. He was commissioned in enhancing the Tamir Rice video. This guys knows his stuff.

Wonder if this was the last piece of evidence they were waiting on. I sure hope so. I think this trial is going to be very interesting and have no doubt they are going to prison. JMO

His work is very impressive; The R. Kelly sex tape - he enhanced it to the point of seeing a mole on his back and grains/knots in the wood that were consistent with a room in his home. He was commissioned in enhancing the Tamir Rice video. This guys knows his stuff.

Thanks for that! I hope he will be a prosecution witness.his testimony would be very damaging to SM.

Anybody know if it's possible the trial will be televised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478