Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer? #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The motion, filed by Moorer’s attorney Kirk Truslow, requests that the court suppress the expert opinion of Grant Fredericks, a certified forensic video analyst, according to his profile on the website for Forensic Video Solutions. "Grant is a Certified Forensic Video Analyst, who has testified as an expert witness over 130 times in courts at all levels," the site states. "He is recognized as a leading instructor in the science of Photographic/Video Comparison, Reverse Projection and Vehicle Speed Analysis."

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/31611...xpert-witness?clienttype=generic&sf23454672=1

Someone correct me, if I am wrong, but has My Horry News published a story about this suppression of evidence? They have a poll about should the charges have been dropped and they rant about the gag order, but they don't say a peep about this motion. Any other time they can't wait to get a story out first, so they can come back and update the incorrect info they put out in their rush.

I just hope that this witness, Grant Fredericks will be allowed to testify. But being that Judge Dennis will be the acting judge, it wouldn`t surprise me one bit if he throws it out. That is the only chance that of convicting S that they probably have beside the video of him coming out from behind the bushes at the pay phone and making the call that he originally denied. If Judge Dennis does the right thing, and allows it, I do believe that S will be going away for a long time. He made the phone call, he told H that he was leaving his wife for her and then all of the other calls back and forth up until the very time the truck was seen on video is a lot of crucial evidence. As far as T is concerned, ( IMO she is as guilty), but, I think they would have to prove that she was with him when he went to PTL. But as it stands, I think that at least S is going to prison. He was the last person to be in contact with H.

"Your honor we object to that evidence coming in!"

"On what grounds?"

"On the grounds that it makes my client look really really bad!"

(paraphrased quote from the movie, "Liar, Liar" with Jim Carey)

So what video will he be testifying about? The video at the gas station or the video of the truck going to and leaving the boat landing? Or both?
One of my first theories was that the truck was seen going into the landing with the bed empty and leaving with something in the back (body sized)
All MOO only

"Your honor we object to that evidence coming in!"

"On what grounds?"

"On the grounds that it makes my client look really really bad!"

(paraphrased quote from the movie, "Liar, Liar" with Jim Carey)

Yeah, and since the judge seems to favor the M family, he will probably have it thrown out. JMO

The state will want both videos to come in, of course.

Hope the solicitor has a higher court on speed dial for appealing a decision just in case. Don't trust that biased judge one bit.

Would it be the defense wanting to see 'what he's got' in order to prepare for a trial challenge?

The motion, filed by Moorer’s attorney Kirk Truslow, requests that the court suppress the expert opinion of Grant Fredericks, a certified forensic video analyst, according to his profile on the website for Forensic Video Solutions. "Grant is a Certified Forensic Video Analyst, who has testified as an expert witness over 130 times in courts at all levels," the site states. "He is recognized as a leading instructor in the science of Photographic/Video Comparison, Reverse Projection and Vehicle Speed Analysis."

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/31611...xpert-witness?clienttype=generic&sf23454672=1

Wondering how many courtrooms in Conway and capacities?

I'm sluethless right now. :/

Kidnapping suspect caught, teen missing from Myrtle Beach found safe
By Jill Esteves
Published: April 2, 2016, 9:14 pm Updated: April 2, 2016, 10:31 pm

MYRTLE BEACH (WBTW) – A teenage girl is safe and a kidnapping suspect is in custody after Savannah, GA officers made an arrest Saturday afternoon.

[...]

Emily told WBTV that Katelyn was vacationing in Myrtle Beach at the Seacrest Resort on Ocean Boulevard with her step dad and step brothers on Monday night.

She says Katelyn told them she forgot something down at the pool. She never came back.

http://wncn.com/2016/04/02/police-search-for-teen-missing-from-myrtle-beach/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-KATELYN-MULLINAX-(SC)&highlight=myrtle+beach

Would it be the defense wanting to see 'what he's got' in order to prepare for a trial challenge?
They already know 'what he's got' as they found that out during discovery. This is to not let what he's got in so the jury won't hear and see it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Kidnapping suspect caught, teen missing from Myrtle Beach found safe
By Jill Esteves
Published: April 2, 2016, 9:14 pm Updated: April 2, 2016, 10:31 pm

MYRTLE BEACH (WBTW) – A teenage girl is safe and a kidnapping suspect is in custody after Savannah, GA officers made an arrest Saturday afternoon.

[...]

Emily told WBTV that Katelyn was vacationing in Myrtle Beach at the Seacrest Resort on Ocean Boulevard with her step dad and step brothers on Monday night.

She says Katelyn told them she forgot something down at the pool. She never came back.

http://wncn.com/2016/04/02/police-search-for-teen-missing-from-myrtle-beach/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-KATELYN-MULLINAX-(SC)&highlight=myrtle+beach

Not a kidnapping: Myrtle Beach Police say a teen reported missing from Myrtle Beach last Monday left of her own free will.

http://wncn.com/2016/04/03/missing-...er-own-free-will-myrtle-beach-police-now-say/

To me it looks like T spends every waking hour.....24-7.....researching anything that she can about their case. It has consumed her whole being. Starting with the day that she found out that S was dating another woman, but a much younger beautiful woman. That was the first thing that shook her soul and threatened her life as she knew it. Not that I am taking up for her, but, you have to admit that as a wife or girlfriend , you would be hurt and threatened by the reality such as this situation. Only we wouldn`t have taken such measures as to commit murder. From the day she found out, she went in to the defensive mode. To begin with, that over the road excursion that lasted for a few weeks. At least she had S to herself and could rest her mind. That is until they returned, and there it is......H the the threat of her life. The plot began, and the only way she could ever feel not threatened by this beautiful young woman was to do away with her. Not until they were accused and then later arrested for murder, kidnapping, ect, she spent all her time on the computer coming up with lies, alilbies, rants and rages. T nor S never proclaimed their innocence in the beginning. And what about a polygraph? I would have been shouting for one. Now they are blaming everyone but themselves. T is losing control of her own mind. And as time draws nearer, it is only going to get worse. Is she a threat to herself, her children or anyone else? I believe that she is. As for S, he is just as guilty if not guiltier. I can`t wait for all of these trial dates to play out, and hopefully, justice will be served, at least as far as the kidnapping charge. I hope we are able to hear, has the jury come up with a verdict? Yes, we have.......GUILTY AS CHARGED

I don't understand how TM's published rants concerning others, particularly TE, aren't libel. I would think that in addition to violating the gag order, she's engaged in defamation.

It just seems that the Solicitor doesn't care and the defense doesn't have to care. Kinda like the defense is confidently saying to the state, 'your circus, your monkeys'.

This case is a circus with T and S running the show. I have never seen a case such as this one. No other state or county would allow such things to go on and let the accused get away with that. It is a disgrace to the people of Horry County. LE needs to show authority and to begin with, get that biased Judge Dennis taken off of this case. He is the one who is really allowing this circus to go on. Allowing them to move out of state was something that should have never have happened, and then warning them to stay off of the internet. They have done nothing but be on the web posting nasty things about anyone that is against them in this case. Such hate and defaming of LE and other individuals should never be allowed, but, it is. They should have both been put back into prison just for that. Is LE scared of Judge Dennis? Things like this would never happen in our state or county. NEVER. I stay in Myrtle Beach a few months out of the year, and that is how I got so interested in this case. I am very disappointed in how this case is being handled as well as I know most of you are also. It is time that LE stands up and has a backbone and evidence to put these 2 away for a very long time.

Not up to LE to get the judge recused. It's up to the DA's office--it's their show once an arrest has been made in a case.

Why is judge dennis allowed to stay on case major problem with that unless State feels they can tie-up longer with throwing this out of court down the road for conflict of interest. If it were me I would
be yellin' from the tallest tree. There must be a reason they aren't objecting. Don't understand it. I am frustrated. At least it is in Conway the Elvis' will not have to travel as far. Maybe S will trip up on
all the lies karma has a way of coming back when you least expect it. Tammy with her big mouth will trip over her tongue, too. She is way busy on FB to not have been involved. Heather will be present
and maybe be helping too. RIP moon child. What ever happen to Tammy's 22????

Wow. Just Wow to their latest profile pics....

And gosh if you're innocent, don't you quietly go about the business of mounting a good defense, not denigrating the victim and her family on social media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState