Trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my understanding is it will be out shortly after the trial concludes. At least that was what was said on one of the HLN shows the other night.

Slightly OT....has anyone read that "Picture Perfect" book? Who is the author and how accurate is it related to this case?

ANY chance the DV expert can turn on Jodi? What if she has doubts about the defendant after watching her testimony?

They can absolutely turn on her. They accept a fee to interview her and testify to their findings. They make no guarantee as to the content of those findings. Now, as we know, in practice this rarely happens.

ANY chance the DV expert can turn on Jodi? What if she has doubts about the defendant after watching her testimony?

If they have a conscience and they aren't doing it for the money, they should.

This is JMO and nothing more so take it for what it's worth (not much) but I don't think she will turn per se, after all she is getting paid to testify on behalf of the defense. However I think Juan will flip her and turn her into his own witness whether she wants to or knows what's happening or not. He will rightfully portray JA as the liar and psychopath that she is discrediting the "expert" opinion and instead show her as the victimizer who victimized Travis.

I am (probably the only one) happy to hear what the DV expert and other defense experts have to say. I want to know that when JA is convicted and found guilty she was given every possible opportunity to defend herself and it just didn't tip the balance.

Setting up my chair in the sun for my Dr ordered 30 minutes a day in sunlight, got my Kindle ready to follow along here and my phone ready to watch the trial.

Thank Goodness for NPH's 30' extension cords :D

Good to see you, Lisa! Yes, I'm following this one, too.

Good Morning Everyone!

Is she allowed to review her testimony or to have followed the trial?

We were discussing narcissistic rage at the tail end of the last thread. I found a few pretty decent articles describing it should you be interested:
What happens next?

If you’ve triggered a narcissistic rage in your narcissist, then you’ve injured or wounded their self-esteem. Nothing will bring them relief until you have been punished for your deed. That usually includes raging, verbal abuse, and will often continue to escalate to physical violence. You’ll be stalked, harassed, abused and even attacked until they feel you’ve suffered enough for hurting THEM by leaving!
http://thenarcissistatwork.com/2012/10/what-is-narcissistic-rage/

The person may spew venom at a friend or relation; she may become violent, either destroying objects in her environment or launching a physical assault on someone nearby; he may seek to belittle or destroy someone whom he envies. In these cases, the element of rage is obvious, on the surface.
http://www.afterpsychotherapy.com/narcissistic-rage/

Narcissistic rage occurs when that core instability is threatened and furthermore threatened to destabilize them even further. Not unlike a wounded animal being the most vicious (because they think the next wound would kill them), narcissistic rage occurs when narcissists believe the next insult/assault to their grandiose based stability would shatter them.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/just-listen/201202/rage-coming-soon-narcissist-near-you

Except you need to get up now because this is musical chairs..:floorlaugh:

Well now, that game would certainly keep us from falling asleep during sidebars (er, um, Nurmi's questioning) wouldn't it? :floorlaugh:

I can never keep up with the variable schedule, what is the stated start time today?

Just wanted to acknowledge all of our lurkers here today! Sign up - give yourself a name, and let's hear what you are thinking! Welcome to WS . . . . we are really a good bunch of folks with a huge variety of expertise, education, experience, thoughts, theories, and dedication to seeking justice for the voiceless.
Hi wenwen. Just wanted to tell you your welcoming invitation "guilted" me into joining. haha Thanks.

I was reading Richard Samuel's CV. What is he supposed to testify about? Travis allegedly being violent? I am confused.

Just want to put this out there.. and don't be a hater... but I am planning on going to Walmart tomorrow. Maybe I should buy a gas can and snap a pic as I return it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus