Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will do my best, git..:

dt wanted their psychologist (who has a phd and his own website offering his testimony for your defense case no matter what the situation! :wink:) to present a powerpoint that was just made this morning citing TIME magazine as a professional source (or some sort of magazine). Also wants to compare sections of Travis' decomposed brain to other known samples (for real!).

Juan objects

Judge gets flustered and sends everyone to lunch until 1:15

Thank you. So is this guy a neurologist? How the heck can he be an expert as to cross sections of brains and what they show? And is he trying to say that Travis' brain shows he was abusive or something? That is truly beyond the pale. The judge just cannot let that in.

I'd also like to see the proposed exhibit list. Was the judge flustered with the defense or the state?

aaaawwwh girl! You so organized! Makes me feel like I need to get my act together!

While following long trials, I sometimes amaze myself at how much I can accomplish without spending too much time away from the computer or TV :D I plan my errands for days when court in not in session and do indoor chores during court recesses. Today I've done three loads of laundry, meal prep for dinner, and caught up on major local/national news. Only thing that I miss when I'm following a trial is reading, and I'll have to make up for that once this trial is over.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Folks...the Wikipedia reference I made was a joke :great:

If someone can clarify for me.

What is truly the goal of Jodi's defense team? Just making sure she does not get the death penalty? LWOP is ok with them?

Why isn't it "get her out free as a bird"

I keep hearing their job is to keep her off Death Row. Ok I would be rather mad if I was claiming to be innocent, and my Attorney's think I am innocent and they goal is anything less than I get to go home! (with an apology!)

She is supposed to be playing the part of a woman beaten for years, starting with her childhood and kitchen instruments of pain. Then the many men.

How is Life with no parole the aim. (I was listening to TV where they say, their job is to keep her off Death Row)

I would want them to get me OUT!

Their preferred outcome is to get her off, of course, but unlike Jodi, they deal in the world of reality. With evidence this strong, they have got to make sentence mitigation as much a priority as a a NG verdict.

Lame attempt by the Defense to sneak in an expert who will tell the jury that this crime was not premeditated by using psycho-babble terms. Juan was completely on the ball & caught their scam.

PTSD? From killing Travis? Who cares what mental illness Jodi 'caught' after she butchered a human being?

Note to Willmott: Psychology is not the study of the brain--it's the study of the mind and behavior.

I loved how Juan noted that "usually experts don't rely on an article in Time" for their presentation!

I can't stand JW's breathless presentation.

I thought Willmott said that PTSD led to JA's actions (killing Travis - as in 'reactive').

I'll have to go back and read wenwe4 and Kmouse's transcripts on this since video isn't available yet.

I may have misunderstood, but this is what I heard, and it made my ears perk up - incredulously.

Hello everyone! I apologize in advance because I'm sure this has been asked or discussed, but I've been stuck in meetings all day and was wondering what's going on today with the trial.

I have the live stream up, but it looks like they are using a different media player and it's stuck at 29:59.

Are we going to see anything today?

Someone in Juan's office needs to complain - it's long overdue! Surely Juan answers to someone, and that's who needs to remind this judge that, like it or not, she's supposed to administratively control this trial, and her courtroom. There are 18 people sacrificing their INCOME AND TIME, not to mention a grieving family seeking justice.

That would be the DA of Maricopa County and I'm sure he is well aware of this trial and all that is going on. The judge has set the schedule of this trial going through mid-April. It appears they are still on track with that overall schedule. What happens in the meantime is annoying but part of the process. This happens in trials everywhere (some kind of testimony that changes or exhibit that is a surprise to one side or another).

JA had 5 years to dream up this fog defense.

Remember the 'twinkie defense' and in the future we will have the 'fog defense'.

Actually, this could be a good turn of events for the prosecution. The expert is trying to change his story just like JA changed hers. No one believes her anyway, and JM CAN impeach Dr. Samuels in a number of ways, one being that he does his research in Time magazine.

Not a very credible expert witness. :twocents:
My concern would be a juror 'relating' to the good doctor though. (Hey! This guy read the same article I did!) Some jurors are very put off by technical jargon of expert witnesses - and power points, presentations, magazine articles (though to be fair not usually authored by random journalists) are often included in expert's testimony to make it more palatable for laypeople.

MOO

Correct! It may not be allowed in! Judge will hear arguments at 1pm. Jury was told return by 1:15 she will have given it the thumbs up or down and her decision will be final

Thanks, Moments of this trial just causes so much stress. Glad I remembered the blood pressure pill today and took a 1/4 of a valium. Ugh :banghead:

If someone can clarify for me.

What is truly the goal of Jodi's defense team? Just making sure she does not get the death penalty? LWOP is ok with them?

Why isn't it "get her out free as a bird"

I keep hearing their job is to keep her off Death Row. Ok I would be rather mad if I was claiming to be innocent, and my Attorney's think I am innocent and they goal is anything less than I get to go home! (with an apology!)

She is supposed to be playing the part of a woman beaten for years, starting with her childhood and kitchen instruments of pain. Then the many men.

How is Life with no parole the aim. (I was listening to TV where they say, their job is to keep her off Death Row)

I would want them to get me OUT!

I don't have a real answer as to their legal goal but it seems within the trial they're onboard with JA's plan to distroy Travis' name and memory in every way possible. Also I think they're both hoping this trial gives them a lifetime of glory and fame. Beyond that I have no idea what they hope to accomplish.

I loved Judge Perry but my memory isn't that great (generally, not only when mean men yell at me), but remember this:

Judge Perry Gets Mad At Baez - YouTube

I didn't think he loved the defense.

I will work you. I will not stop any more... They wanted to work Memorial Day.

I love the way he punctuated his words in this video.
Oh man I FORGOT how much I enjoyed Judge Perry! How great would it be for this to just start playing onscreen in the Phoenix courtroom?? LOL...
Did someone just apply paddles to my chest and yell 'CLEAR!'??....ahhhhhh, that's better...

The Time article really seems irrelevant to this case but I did notice this part and I wonder if this kicked in with JA and when...

Only later, in the ambulance, did Glennon begin to shake, just as he’d read people tend to do in the aftermath of an adrenaline surge.

So, she's been aping a Time article?

Wait, do they have pics of a brain full of FOG?

Pics of the brain is not going to help anybody understand Jodi. She had her turn on the stand to show her condition, and she did. She is a long-time stalker and pathological liar. She wanted Travis dead so she could move on. She was full of revenge, jealousy, and a growing rage to kill Travis for rejecting her. We already have the pics we need - a innocent man taking a shower, and Jodi's foot in that pic after killing him.

Is it just me or does Casey Anthony start to come off like an OK person in comparison to Jodi?

Could the agenda of this article be two-fold? Do they want to try to discredit the ME by having the jury somehow see this line of the article?

" His blood vessels constricted so that he would bleed less if he got wounded."

Thing is, it would hurt Jodi. Because it would support JM's thesis in the exchange yesterday when he showed Jodi the photo of Travis lying on the tiles bleeding profusely from what appeared to be his neck. It was when he was (quite successfully) attempting to demonstrate to the jury that Jodi's 1 minute 2 second timeline is absurd, that she would also have to locate a knife and cut Travis' throat in that 62 seconds. She feigned ignorance, and said that she didn't know how much blood might have emanated from the head shot.

say what???

So this judge, who I will refrain from commenting further on, was chiding JM for not objecting to something he hasn't seen til now??

WTH lady?

Stepping out before I act unbecoming.

OK, this judge is going way beyond unfair. She is downright scary. This judge is so afraid of potential appeal issues that she has bentover backward in favor of the defense. And it is not the first time she's done this!

Dear God, this reminds me of a case in Florida...I fear a deja vu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDeWalt