trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. DoDa DoDa...too funny name that guy that took JA to dinner once called Dr today ...I cant stop laughing... My buddies and I call a friend DoDa same reason.

Thanks to all of yall for lifting my spirits too.

I think it comes to his credibly and integrity.

ITA, and I understand that. But I think if JM hammers him on his ridiculous comparisons in this case to the trauma suffered by those who serve and protect, he'll gain more ground than questioning him on how he receives payment from his clients. And another brilliant observation by this excellent witness was when he talked about what percentage of the prison population has PTSD. LMFAO, she ain't LE, she ain't military, so what does that leave. She's a criminal. Priceless.

I think the jury members probably just want to know if there's any credibility in what he's claiming his assessment of her is. MOO, but I doubt they care how he was compensated by his past clients.

Thanks for that paperwing because apparently I missed that part!

Still doesn't explain the fact she premeditated the murder.

He did. According to him, you should be in a fog, apparently. I think that's what he said - saying memory function shuts down with the rush of adrenaline. I think that's what he said.

Basically, he threw out so many variables, he was attributing everything to everything - wherein anything would fit.

In other words, not useful.

The dr is quickly becoming the joke of the town! On Hln etc etc
Wouldn't it be amazing if the Prosecution could bring some of the authors of the articles the goof today was using as a basis for his conclusions to dispute his theories? That would be GREAT!

Didn't Samuels make a comment about the compensation rates in AZ compared to NJ, referencing why he relocated? I thought that was a strange thing for him to say, now it seems clear he lost his license due to illegal and unethical activity so he had to leave his practice in Jersey. Yuck. This man should not be working with children, families or anyone who needs help or guidance. Ever.

He didn't lose his license. It's set to expire in June of this year, but I'm assuming he'll renew it. I didn't hear his testimony about his reason for moving, but having lived in both NJ and AZ I would be really, really surprised if expert compensation or hourly rates in private practice would be higher in AZ than they are in NJ.

Oi there was a commercial just now on HLN for Marie Calendar's "cream pie"....... this trial ruined pie. And BTW it is "Pi Day" 3/14! (math folks!)

for the guy because he is going to be toast when Juan gets done. He's a total quack bottom feeder and it's not going to be pretty but he got himself into this by trying to help a killer get away with it.

One word: karma.

It will get him, in the form of Juan Martinez.

;)

The hearing tomorrow is about this, and it is so crucial that is it kept out.

Hope judge rules in favor of the State.

The difference between pre med and crime of passion (2nd deg.)

Assuming the worst, as Stephens has repeatedly done her best impression of a Bavarian pretzel on behalf the defense, what does it mean if it's let in? Can JM fix it/diminish the potential impact?

TIA.

Agreed. PTSD is a term used loosely. Come on soldiers from the war? I was told that after my accident too!

He did. According to him, you should be in a fog, apparently. I think that's what he said - saying memory function shuts down with the rush of adrenaline. I think that's what he said.

Basically, he threw out so many variables, he was attributing everything to everything - wherein anything would fit.

In other words, not useful.

I don't think it was a pencile and the whole thing was creepy. She never LOOKED for whatever it was, she kept looking up toward the witness, like no one was supposed to see what she was doing. That was bizarre.

I think it looks like she takes out a little folded piece of paper.

moo

We know Jodi likes to snoop...just sayin'....:blushing1:

This is very weird....I think she took something out. Something small. Moo

JA is doing something very, very sneaky here. Go to 11:05. See that orange file? What do you think she's doing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adTQKWFG-PI

If that's the expert's folder.. she could be sending him a message if he continues testifying tomorrow.
This needs to get to JM!!!!!!

Okay, that is very odd behavior...very sneaky and concerning. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Panther
JA is doing something very, very sneaky here. Go to 11:05. See that orange file? What do you think she's doing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adTQKWFG-PI

For real guys. Whatever it was she hid it in her hand. I was so sure she was going to take out a piece of paper and start doodling.

it. It's the only hope they have. Expert testimony is prepared way in advance and shared. So much damage has been done to Jodi in ways they couldn't anticipate so they have to try and tailor the expert testimony to fix all the things that are against her. The problem here is that judge is pretty wishy washy and is likely to allow it. She doesn't really care about prejudicing the state-there's no consequences for that. The state doesn't get to appeal if they lose.

IDK if Juan will bring it up. You have to admit though the DT pulled a fast one today and I am worried if they have done something similar regarding the DV expert. I hope Juan looks into what she has again.

Yes, with closing.

Assuming the worst, as Stephens has repeatedly done her best impression of a Bavarian pretzel on behalf the defense, what does it mean if it's let in? Can JM fix it/diminish the potential impact?

TIA.

Our Katie is on Dr Drew. Says this man said this trial will be good for his book. He has an agenda. Ah Ha

Marc Klaas said tonight that "there is a pool of these kind of characters" who will testify to just about anything."

And many of these in this pool are failures in their profession of choice.

Below is a link to Richard Samuels' list of publications. Completely hilarious... not published in peer-reviewed journals, but on his self-edifying (hur hur) website. Seriously, this is this PhD "expert's" list of publications.

Have you ever written a letter to the editor of your local paper? An opinion column in your high-school newspaper? A recipe in your church's cookbook? Guess what! You're as published as Richard Samuels is!

http://svpexpertwitness.com/articles.asp

Thanks for that paperwing because apparently I missed that part!

Still doesn't explain the fact she premeditated the murder.

That's right. It does not. But they're attempting to have the jury believe that JA committed a 'reactive' homicide - which they will try to say is the *exact same thing* as manslaughter.

I'd be surprised if the judge allows this in UNLESS she instructs the jury first that this is the expert's opinion only, and not a legal definition of the crime or legally interchangeable with manslaughter.

Yikes, I'm starting to confuse myself. That's my take, anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876