trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #88

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:furious:The more she tries to explain to the jury!!! that she peeked thru the window at travis because she wanted to know where she stood, because they had just made love and he told her he loved her
What an evil twisted freak she is
:furious::furious:

Who has a job they can go to only when they happen to get days off juror duty? Possibly someone who works for themselves from home - but what I'm getting at is, they have to pay these jurors for every day from the beginning of the trial to the end. (Someone posted they may get up to $300/day for an extended trial.)
Wouldn't it be less expensive to hire another judge, and just get it done and over with? It would be so much better for not only the jurors, but for Travis' family. This long drawn out search for final justice must be testing their endurance as well as their hearts.

I'm skeptical about that $300 per day figure. Where I live, jurors get paid $15 per day. NOT $15 per hour. This case has 18 jurors, 6 of which are unlikely to serve. Can't believe Arizona is going to pay someone thousands of dollars just to send them home. Maybe they do pay more for extended trials, to make up for lost salary, but for Jodi's 18 days on the stand alone, we're talking $5400 per juror.

Rarely do I think the DP can be a deterrent for criminals, but people like Arias can't be rehabilitated. In this case the punishment should fit the crime.

If given LWOP, she would be the f'kn "Queen Bee" in prison with her groupies behind her.

tumblr_mj3n97Ylka1rwbkgno1_r1_500.jpg

The death penalty is a deterrent on many levels.

If the guilty murderess is executed, she will never kill again. This is a deterrent, potentially saving other lives.

If the guilty murderess is not killed, she may kill in prison.

Or she may escape prison and kill again.

It is also a deterrent insofar as other murderers, much like this murderess, will claim that they welcome the death penalty. Or, if guilty, that they would deserve or "beg for" it.

In reality, nearly all of them are lying. They plead not guilty, are then convicted, and spend the rest of their lives appealing and begging for pardons and stays of execution.

Each execution sends a message to society that even though there is little morality remaining, some behaviors, such as premeditated murder, will not be tolerated.

We can never know how many murderers, especially those tempted to or actually engaging in premeditation of the crime, do not follow through or 'act out' due to their own fears and their instinct for self-preservation.

I have been a lurker here for quite awhile now. I had to join and post this (I really hope I'm posting correctly, I'm new!)

After watching the JA 'Handstand Video', I puked my guts out. I have been watching this case closely and have been following on WS. This occurred to me and I know WS members will remember this:

Remember how during cross, JA said she hurt her shoulder after TA body slammed her??? She said her shoulder still hurts every day - HOW WAS SHE ABLE TO DO A HANDSTAND THEN???

I'm so sorry, I had to rant, I'm so sick of this liar. I know everyone here understands and feels the same way.

Thank you for such a wonderful place full of intelligent, thoughtful, and beautiful people.

ITA and this is exactly why the prosecution should be allowed to show the whole video to the jury. I don't think the jurors are so stupid as to compare this to Amanda Knox (although that was weird, huh?). I think the jury will see the psycho we ALL see.

I would like to see a recreation of the body position Travis would have had to have for the blood to flow like it is in the dragging photo. What would would be the most likely for it to come from, etc.

I keep having this sense that a rope was tied around one of his feet and his body was lifted from that direction to get him down the hall. Notice how the river of blood curves around the body. And there is a drip on his arm that has to have fallen from the knife. That tells you the direction of the throat slitting.

Blood experts can tell you everything about a wound from blood flow/spatter/etc.

I agree with the poster that a recreation needs to be made about how the murder actually happened rather than from Arias' imaginary version.

Another thing that's nagging at me - I think she may have shot him last because while cleaning him off, she saw him staring at her with consciousness still in his eyes. Freaked her out. By then he would be completely exsanguinated.

Her choice to stab rather than use the gun is explained by her sadistic nature and the degree of hatred. Notice how she said in a Freudian slip "...protecting Travis' ego" and quickly corrected to "I mean reputation." She hated him for threatening the thing she prized the most - her image.

You can see Travis's arm on his right side lifted up as Jodi was dragging him. You also can see his foot turned out to the right .

I think if you follow Jodi when she talks about the ninja she is telling the sequence of what happened to Travis and how she murdered him. She's told us that Travis was begging her to go get him help and she couldn't let that happen. She had to finish him off.

I'm skeptical about that $300 per day figure. Where I live, jurors get paid $15 per day. NOT $15 per hour. This case has 18 jurors, 6 of which are unlikely to serve. Can't believe Arizona is going to pay someone thousands of dollars just to send them home. Maybe they do pay more for extended trials, to make up for lost salary, but for Jodi's 18 days on the stand alone, we're talking $5400 per juror.

Here is the Arizona statute for lengthy jury duty. So it's $10 for the first 5 days and they $40 to $300 after that.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/21/00222.htm&Title=21&DocType=ARS

I'm glad you agree, I think she is a little weak for a high profile trial. I'm not saying she is not qualified, but it takes a certain kind of judge for these high profile cases.

Oh I'm with you for sure! Just hadn't voiced it much! But Im Totally over the way
she operates (or)lack of her courtroom.

So then they let him stay there for five days and pretend to find him like that? I know you don't have the answers, but there could be someone on the jury who thinks like that.

Yup, they supposedly staged the scene and waited for the others to find him, according to the site. It is all a Mormon evil conspiracy. And they are very upset to think there might be a Mormon on the jury. But they are also convinced that the juror who asked' if TA picked up the camera' is on Jodi's side.

:furious:The more she tries to explain to the jury!!! that she peeked thru the window at travis because she wanted to know where she stood, because they had just made love and he told her he loved her
What an evil twisted freak she is
:furious::furious:

She has never used the word "made love" it's always they had sex, sex, sex.

:hug: I know you are using those words, but it just reminds a person that she never said those words, yet tries to portray she loved him so. :jail:

Imo he would have been more at a disadvantage sitting down. Try sitting down against the wall with your knees bent close to the body like his was and see how fast you can get up. I just tried it twice, and you lose valuable seconds trying to scramble up. I think that was the entire purpose of posing him like that.

I know we all see something different when we look at the next-to-last photo of Travis alive, but I see terror.

The eye comparison you attached there is very telling IMO. I think he was very likely under duress by that point. Either he was being threatened, or he was really exasperated and angry (maybe over the shower pics that he didn't know she was taking?) :dunno:.

What he looks like to me in that pic is a victim. If you go to Crime Library, they have photos of victims taken by their attackers right before they were murdered. I've seen that look in the eyes before. It's fear mixed with resignation.

We'll never know for sure what he was thinking in that photo, but it sure is haunting. :candle:.

Ok.. she was an aspiring photographer... could she not had a tripod?

(btw 1st time I saw the graphic pics WOW several things hit my mind at one time but I'll refrain but again WOW & EGADS)[/Q]

Where did you guys see those pic's? I have not seen very many.

One tripod wouldn't have been enough, because it would have required a tall standing tripod to take the two overhead, full-length pics of JA. The two close-up anatomical photos would have required a much shorter tripod, and eyes in the back of her head to know how to set up the rear closeup shot. The rear closeup was probably the last of the four JA pics taken, and it was just 50 seconds before the first one of TA.

But imo it requires a vivid imagination, e.g. the use of tripods, to deny what every guy here already knows, men are wired to respond to an attractive female. TA went on and on just a month earlier in a 50-minute recording what a hot piece she was, how nobody else had even come close, how they were going to blow each other's minds in the upcoming photo shoot that he said was going to be "like legitimate *advertiser censored*."

You can see the other photos here: http://www.uselessjunk.com/v/116218?UNCENSORED-murderer-Jodi-Arias-NAKED

Yup, they supposedly staged the scene and waited for the others to find him, according to the site. It is all a Mormon evil conspiracy. And they are very upset to think there might be a Mormon on the jury. But they are also convinced that the juror who asked' if TA picked up the camera' is on Jodi's side.

Lol, Mormon conspiracy. Reminds me of that reality show, "Amish Mafia."

I think she remember every, last stinking detail and has relived it over and over these past years. When Jodi looked at the crime scene photos and the picture with Travis and her foot her posture reminds me of a dog that took a scrap of meat from the table and got caught. jmo

I think she relishes the memories. They keep her warm at night.

I think i'm going to watch the movie "Memento" tonight.

Try to get this trial out of my brain until Monday. *sigh*

Lol, Mormon conspiracy. Reminds me of that reality show, "Amish Mafia."

Haha thanks for reminding me about that show, I'm gonna watch some episodes.... who knows maybe I'll learn a thing or two that I can relate to this Mormon conspiracy. :floorlaugh:

BTW, the couple defendant supporters that have talked in the media have been convicted criminals, so it seems she attracts a certain kind. :lol:

Anywhere in the bedroom? Hallway? Closet? Carpet?

I'm not certain this happened, but neither is anyone else sure it didn't. Doesn't change the FACTS of Jodi's crime against Travis.

I am sure it didn't. Just used my common sense. Don't give Jodi credit for being anything other than a cold blooded killer who planned a slaughter and wanted to inflict much pain and sure wasn't concerned about shooting him. Look at her story! It is all about the gun because she wants second degree murder. That alone should tell you the stabbings came first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member