trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I saw it differently. Ok, maybe he was quick with the gun, but STILL shows it is not possible. Best reenactment.....so far (please JM).

At the end, he says it shows that it is possible. Because he was only over by 4 seconds or so. I thought that was bogus, imo.

I mean, watch how fast he counted out the stabbings. Imo,he left no time for a struggle to be happening. And he grabbed the gun way too fast. JMO

Pink Panther
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexlex
on dr drew they had footage of her going out of court with that notebook in her hand. I guess it's hers.... not a secret message system

Who says she didn't retrieve and/or send back a message? The orange file is hers for sure. Do you remember the magazine chute?

She sure looked sneaky pulling out her stubby ikea pencil!

Link snipped from last thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adTQKWFG-PI

Below is what I see and it looks down right SNEAKY!
10:23 Looks @ NURMI
10:49 Nurmi turns back to her
11:01 Reaches for orange folder takes something out
11:38 Scratches arm
11:53 mouth movement
12:37 mouth movement
12:46 Dr. strangely watching Jodi - while testifying
12:47 Jodi puts something in folder
13:54 jodi-breath, rubs side of nose, adjust glasses
13:59 looks down
14:08 brief eye roll toward nurmi
14:11 scratches under right eye
15:20 during side bar looks around
15:25 moves left arm down
15:57 jodi fiddling w/something
16:50 jodi rolls eyes toward nurmi then away
16:52 Jodi again rolls eyes toward nurmi
19:02 scratches right arm
19:35 looks down
21:02 reaches, picks something up & places under writing pad
21:20 Pulls hand away
21:23 looks at orange folder
21:26 adjusts glasses

I wouldn't put ANYTHING past her.
NO ONE acts like that who is doing no wrong.
I would love to have a body language expert's take on all her actions, facial expressions and body movements.
JMO

First time poster. I heard that Dr. Samuels had an ethic problems of his own and I was curious as to whether it should/could be brought up by the State. I looked up deposing an expert witness. Under 632 A Impeachment of Qualifications, I think at least two apply to him.
1. If true that he was overheard at court today saying that this case would help his book then self-promoted financial interest would apply.

2. Whether he has ever been sued or undergone disciplinary proceedings with respect to professional activities.

It looks like the State should have an obligation to bring his ethics out into the open. What do you think?

At the end, he says it shows that it is possible. Because he was only over by 4 seconds or so. I thought that was bogus, imo.

I mean, watch how fast he counted out the stabbings. Imo,he left no time for a struggle to be happening. And he grabbed the gun way too fast. JMO

Well, I suppose that is the interesting part. I thought, absolutely not possible. I get what you are saying about the gun. Everyone knows she didn't get the gun that fast. Mike's version is not evidence. But it is a man with NObody assaulting him. If you were being attacked it would be much more of a struggle and even longer. I thought it proved to be a no-brainer that it wouldn't work, considering all the other factors.. MOO

If Mike Brookes did all of that in 66 seconds he should try out for the Olympics. There is no way to duplicate that scenario because you would need someone fighting back (defensive wounds on hands) and in jodis story she didn't have the knife. You would then have to account for her finding this knife and factor in the struggle Travis put up for his life. not possible. I don't care how fast he made it, its impossible.

If Mike Brookes did all of that in 66 seconds he should try out for the Olympics. There is no way to duplicate that scenario because you would need someone fighting back (defensive wounds on hands) and in jodis story she didn't have the knife. You would then have to account for her finding this knife and factor in the struggle Travis put up for his life. not possible. I don't care how fast he made it, its impossible.

Yes, that was the point, IMO. NOT possible. That is what my eyes saw.

DesSands said:
[Respectfully snipped] She had to have disabled him quickly and I can't believe a knife could do that.

Yes, I believe I knife could significantly impair him, quickly.

Even without a gunshot wound, a stab wound to the chest would have caused immediate pain and difficulty breathing, confusion, severe weakness, rapid heartbeat, lowered blood pressure, lethargy and, soon, excessive sleepiness. And that's just one stab wound to the chest. He had five.

Dr. Horn testified it's likely Travis was stabbed in the heart first. That wound is described in the autopsy report as "A 1 1/2 inch oblique stab wound of the paramidline right chest, with penetration/perforation of the costochondral junction near the sternum at the level of the 3rd and 4th right ribs; the wound extends to a maximal depth of approximately 3 1/2 inches with penetration of the superior vena cava near the base of the heart, with a small amount of surrounding hemorrhagic in the mediastinal soft tissues and the pericardial sac of the heart..."

In other words, a 3 1/2" deep stab to the chest cavity and a major cardiac vessel. Anybody who has ever experienced costocondritis, which is a simple inflammation of rib cartilage, knows the feeling of suddenly being unable to breathe. Some people go to the emergency room believing they are having a heart attack. If the knife penetrated the costochondral junction, it must have been incredibly painful and debilitating.

He would have been practically unable to fight her off, though the cuts on his hands show he tried. We don't know how many of the 5 chest wounds she was able to inflict before 5:31:14, when the ceiling photo was snapped, but since it was 44 seconds after the last seated photo, I would lay odds that at least one stab was inflicted by the time of the ceiling photo.

It is not Mike Brooks. Some other tv guy from HLN.

Mike Brooks would do a more realistic scenario, imo.

from his company as part of his biographie -
"Dr. Samuels holds doctorate degrees in Clinical and Forensic Psychology and Human Sexuality. His biography appears in Who’s Who in the World, Who’s Who in Entertainment and other publications. He has appeared on numerous radio and television programs as a speaker for various areas of psychology and as a spokesperson for his business interests."

brainsavers.com/Common/files/BrainSaversBios.pdf

Who's Who in the World. Hahaha... suuuuure.

Who's Who Lists are akin to buying oneself a diploma from The University of Universal Studies at Argyl-by-the-Sea, Scotland.

About a year ago I received a most-impressive-and-seriously-official-looking package in the mail (must have cost a fortune to produce) congratulating me on being selected from among thousands, nay, tens of thousands (!) of people to be included in the Who's Who of Women in Business. Oh joy! Oh glee!

Wait a nanosecond. What? You want me to send you a $100?!

Oh no.

It was so vague and bogus. Business Women from what industry? What was the criteria? Who submitted my name? You get the idea.

First time poster. I heard that Dr. Samuels had an ethic problems of his own and I was curious as to whether it should/could be brought up by the State. I looked up deposing an expert witness. Under 632 A Impeachment of Qualifications, I think at least two apply to him.
1. If true that he was overheard at court today saying that this case would help his book then self-promoted financial interest would apply.

2. Whether he has ever been sued or undergone disciplinary proceedings with respect to professional activities.

It looks like the State should have an obligation to bring his ethics out into the open. What do you think?

:welcome6:

How this occurred so seamlessly for her in that small time frame speaks to me just how premeditated and obsessively choreographed this whole violent murder was. She left no option for failure in her homicidal plan. She had days and days and hours of desolate desert driving to fantasize it in to reality.

It is not Mike Brooks. Some other tv guy from HLN.

Mike Brooks would do a more realistic scenario, imo.

It was pretty realistic. The only issue I have is that he grabbed the gun fast. Even then, as a strapping young man, it could NOT happen.

Jodi isn't claiming that the full killing happened in the 62 seconds, is she? I figured they were claiming the gun shot and some of the stab wounds happened in that timeframe? Even so, it seems like a lot to happen in a minute.

Jodi isn't claiming that the full killing happened in the 62 seconds, is she? I figured they were claiming the gun shot and some of the stab wounds happened in that timeframe? Even so, it seems like a lot to happen in a minute.

Well, she did say, that in that picture, with the blood running down his shoulder that she had already slit his throat. TO. THE. SPINE. You are not alive at that point.

Who's Who in the World. Hahaha... suuuuure.

Who's Who Lists are akin to buying oneself a diploma from The University of Universal Studies at Argyl-by-the-Sea, Scotland.

About a year ago I received a most-impressive-and-seriously-official-looking package in the mail (must have cost a fortune to produce) congratulating me on being selected from among thousands, nay, tens of thousands (!) of people to be included in the Who's Who of Women in Business. Oh joy! Oh glee!

Wait a nanosecond. What? You want me to send you a $100?!

Oh no.

It was so vague and bogus. Business Women from what industry? What was the criteria? Who submitted my name? You get the idea.

Hahaha I got one of those too and was all full of myself until I realized how would these people even find my little ol business that I don't even advertise for...til I realized the "fee" for a book I didn't give a damn about. He really is Gus Searcy part deux- will alyce laviolette show up with a shaggy monk style haircut or a big gold brooch?

Ok, Tune in peeps, Showbiz is re-airing now. The reenactment will be on. Keep in mind, Mike has no agressor, yet STILL fails to commit the crime in 62 seconds.

(regardless of how quick he grabs the gun)

It was pretty realistic. The only issue I have is that he grabbed the gun fast. Even then, as a strapping young man, it could NOT happen.

He didn't slam the door and he just reached to grab the gun instead of stepping up on a shelf. Oh and he did all the stabbing in the same spot and we know that TA tried to get away down the hallway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He didn't slam the door and he just reached to grab the gun instead of stepping up on a shelf. Oh and he did all the stabbing in the same spot and we know that TA tried to get away down the hallway.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which goes even FURTHER to disprove JA testimony. :banghead:

Yes, I believe I knife could significantly impair him, quickly.

Even without a gunshot wound, a stab wound to the chest would have caused immediate pain and difficulty breathing, confusion, severe weakness, rapid heartbeat, lowered blood pressure, lethargy and, soon, excessive sleepiness. And that's just one stab wound to the chest. He had five.

Dr. Horn testified it's likely Travis was stabbed in the heart first. That wound is described in the autopsy report as "A 1 1/2 inch oblique stab wound of the paramidline right chest, with penetration/perforation of the costochondral junction near the sternum at the level of the 3rd and 4th right ribs; the wound extends to a maximal depth of approximately 3 1/2 inches with penetration of the superior vena cava near the base of the heart, with a small amount of surrounding hemorrhagic in the mediastinal soft tissues and the pericardial sac of the heart..."

In other words, a 3 1/2" deep stab to the chest cavity and a major cardiac vessel. Anybody who has ever experienced costocondritis, which is a simple inflammation of rib cartilage, knows the feeling of suddenly being unable to breathe. Some people go to the emergency room believing they are having a heart attack. If the knife penetrated the costochondral junction, it must have been incredibly painful and debilitating.

He would have been practically unable to fight her off, though the cuts on his hands show he tried. We don't know how many of the 5 chest wounds she was able to inflict before 5:31:14, when the ceiling photo was snapped, but since it was 44 seconds after the last seated photo, I would lay odds that at least one stab was inflicted by the time of the ceiling photo.

Oh, I have costocondritis. It is a scary feeling and I did think there was something wrong with me heart.

I think the mortal chest happened early on in the attack, as you say. This would have caused shock and immediate pain, but would not have immediately incapacitated him. He put up a fight in the shower and is able to push her off and run to the sink where coughs up blood. She attacks his back and he runs out into the hall but collapses from the blood loss onto all fours. This is where the ninja story has a ring of truth to it. He tells her he can't feel his legs, she comes up to him and continues stabbing him in the back. He rolls over and tries again to defend himself. The pic at 5:32 is snapped as he does this. At some point after that, she slashes his throat. She uses the gun for whatever reason. Maybe to finish him off. Maybe she figured she went to the trouble of getting it so she might as well use it anyway. IDK the logic.

I totally believe this is how it happened. The gun shot would have been too easy, and simple. She wanted him to suffer and she wanted to inflict as much pain as possible on him. She wanted him to know it was her who was killing him. She says herself, "If I did this I would have shot him first to make it as humane as possible..." Among the other things she said and the officer said, I think that is very telling. The reason she has been saying the gun came first is because she thought that is what the cops thought. She thought that is what the forensics showed so she went with that to make her story more believable. But the PT and ME called an audible and said the shot came or at least was not the first wound. Makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234