trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JW is extremely boring during this questioning of Samuels. She's using lots of psych jargon that I can't imagine jurors want to follow. Samuels has lost all credibility, after all.

:floorlaugh:

JM proves this guys opinion isn't worth much. So now the guy said 'in my opinion I used the test correctly,' or something close to that.:jail:

Waste of time,
JMHO
fran

While we're in recess..

I had a question about Travis' dog, Napoleon. I wondered if anyone knows what happened to the dog, like who has it, if it's alive, etc?

Deanna, a friend of Travis' has him. Can't remember her last name.

Heightened memory is also a symptom of PTSD! People would be cured of PTSD if they could only forget the traumatic experience (as Jodi allegedly did).

I wouldn't use the MCMI or be the 50% unless the person had a history established of Psychiatric Mental Illness. Otherwise, I most likely would use the MMPI. Thank you very much.

I posted a similar study last night. About 55 used MCMI compared to about 87 using MMPI. (The study queried 120+ forensic psychologists with just a 21% reporting rate.)

This is very interesting... however-- he knows these stats but he can't find any of his own paper work for THIS CASE for THIS CLIENT. Uhm. Okay.

I don't understand why PTSD is supposed to make her innocent?? PTSD doesn't make you kill people or exempt you from justice. I say this as someone with legit PTSD.

ptsd diagnosis is supposed to explain why she lost her memory and can't answer questions about the murder. i don't buy it.

BTW....I'm not listening to a word of this. I'm reading posts and looking at people in the courtroom.

Come now, Doc, why don't you also fess up that many forensic psychologists would perform several assessments?

I would have loved to see Jeff Ashton put as much energy into taking on the CA case as he put into making a name in the press.

Couldn't disagree with you more. Since this is about Travis and Juan is the prosecutor in this case, I will refrain from the debate here.

He stats are like saying a million housewives every day pick up a tin of beans and say, "Beans means Heinz"

I feel I should translate that into American :floorlaugh: just teasin..

guessing from your avatar you're transplanted Brit? I've got friends who say tin of too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo