trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't get is why they continue with Samuels after it's been made clear that he's a loser psychologist.

It's like watching ice skating in the olympics when someone totally wipes out but has to get up and finish their routine as though they didn't just blow everything they've worked for in their entire life.

<modsnip> What he's doing is dangerous to society and no different than selling prescriptions for money. Here's hoping JA moves in next door to HIM if she's acquitted.

Something tells me the jury is sitting their trying to figure out how to give the DP to the good doctor.

funny he has no trouble remembering all that data but remembered very little without his notes with juan ;)

oh the defense team prepared the questions, then looked up the answers, and then coached him what to say to make sure he can answer the questions.

It's like watching ice skating in the olympics when someone totally wipes out but has to get up and finish their routine as though they didn't just blow everything they've worked for in their entire life.

Good analogy.

As much as she bugs me, I think Wilmott is smart and doing the best she can with a terrible client.

No tomatoes, please!

I do understand she is acting as the 'good guy' so to speak. Where she didn't have to bring out the really heinous stuff that Nurmi did (about the pedo accusations). But she is pretty quick on her feet. And stays pretty calm, even when chaos is everywhere in the courtroom and her witness is falling apart.

I completely agree with you. She is acting the good guy, the DT seems incredibly over their heads with a DP case and this isn't Juan's first time to the rodeo.

I've said this before but the use of PTSD as a defense, when they claim the PTSD was caused by the trauma she endured when she butchered Travis, is akin to the Menendez brothers trying to get a lighter sentence because they are orphans.

When the evidence is overwhelmingly against you, you will grasp at straws in order to avoid the death penalty, I assume. Facing the DP, the defendant can be expected to lie her a@@ off. The public defenders have no choice if their defendant won't take a plea. The paid experts that try to help the murdering defendant are the soulless souls that sell their souls. :seeya:

Wilmont got a dig in about experience. She said much more than three years. I believe she was referring to without saying that Juans expert does not have 30 years of experience like Samuels. I can't remember her name but I remember reading she is relatively new...Like within the last 5 or 6 years.

Willmot: " So let me make this clear..I think.." :giggle::giggle:

How do the interrogation room yoga poses factor into her high anxiety?

I am so over this witness. To me JW sounds like she's is playing 25,000 Pyramid

Wait a minute you do the assessment before you start hypothesizing .... then the assessor begins to loose their objectivity. The client or defendant is not an experiment. Once you do the assessment and all relative data (including interviews), you THEN make you dx!!! Oh dingo butt.. Remember you class in diagnostic and assessment. Or are you too good to remember oh Mr PhD!!

Professional MOO

So this was a hypothesis (basically a theory) or was it a diagnosis?! I am confused and this all sounds like BS to me.

6:33 PM

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer

BTW: The Arias courtroom will be dark Thursday, and trial starts Wednesday at 1 pm. I don't know yet if there are hearings Wed morning.

I had to screenshot the "drawing" the doctor presented so I could show hubby. We had a good laugh. He wasn't laughing when I told him how much he is getting paid to draw like a three year old!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo