trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, you wouldnt even have to google PTSD or even know much about it, to fake that test.

When you hear the list of symptoms it is OBVIOUS they are all potential criteria to PTSD. It doesnt even matter which ones you check off. Nightmares, intrusive thoughts, memory loss, free floating anxiety, guilt and feelings of foreboding...Check, Check, check BINGO.

I am pretty sure that is what the jury figured out today from the testimony.

I made that exact point when we were discussing the roommates' failure to notice the smell. I was soundly rebuked :)

One would also think the A/C inside Travis' house wouldn't be kept at such a cold temperature 24/7 since the occupants weren't home all the time. Honestly I believe them not noticing the odor had more to do with where Travis' body was, in the shower stall, in the bedroom rather than having the A/C on all the time. We also don't know how much time the roommates spent in the house between the murder and his body being discovered.

MOO

Why was JW allowed to spoon feed the good doctor so many words? Is that much leading allowed? It seemed like he was just stumbling along until she would pull him back into the right direction of her theory.

Oh, I did totally love watching the clip of Jodi putting that file under her. It's playing on national tv over and over. :giggle: It's hilarious she's so sneaky on camera in a court room.

Well not THAT sneaky. She's really quite third rate at everything she does!:jail:

We discussed this at length start here in thread 93. trial day 32: the defense continues it's case in chief #93 - Page 38 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I think she is either putting paper clips or pens in the folder then in a pocket to sneak out of court. It occurred several times with different folders.

The best I can tell, the folder leaves the table and is back within a minute or so of when she sits on it. Sure hope the guards watch her closer now!

Thanks. I didn't notice the other stuff. Can't take all the HLN commercials or this defense case much longer. Watch when. JM is on then try to read all the posting here!

Still hope she gets caught and reemed good by the judge. In open court. That would make our day!!!

These HLN jurors are asking dumb questions. They are not paying attention. The doc's rx is based on known lies!

I agree. I liked this show the first couple of nights last week, but this week has been just plain corny. I didn't watch with Jose Baez last night, but I saw a clip today during the noon hour, I believe and Jose didn't even get the facts right. He said all the stabbing happened at the end of the hall where all the blood was. Um, what? :confused: We all know what happened there by the "accidental" pics taken.

I respectfully disagree with you. After all has been said and exposed, it's obvious to me that Jodi decided to become a Mormon for the very specific purpose of trying to hook TA for life. She used sex to keep him interested and to manipulate him because it was all she had. Jodi knows how she is expected to behave but she has no substance as a human being. Undoubtedly she has self-loathing but I don't think for a second that she is or was interested in redemption.

Oh, you're right, it's not redemption at all. It's destruction, annihilation, obliteration. I see it as a completely selfish act, 1) because she took the life of another rather than face her own ineptitude as a human being, and 2) because she allowed her mental issues, her personality and her overblown sense of self-importance to grow completely out of control. Most of us have the training to be able to put our problems in perspective and to submit to getting help if we need it. Not JA.

Jodi became interested in Mormonism because of it being a component in PPL; not as a matter of faith but as a matter of fortune. Those Mormon boys were coming over to where she lived with Darryl, (which is when she told him "no more sex.") I'm sure the lure of the LDS church for Jodi was the young male missionaries so eager to have a chat, and later she used it as a way to get closer to TA.

JMO it's simplistic to say that JA used sex, because TA used the sex too; used it as a part of his secret life, as an outlet, as an escape into fantasy, and yes, to control JA. Personally, I don't see anything they did sexually as being pertinent whatsoever, since it ostensibly was mutual and consenting. Where they got into trouble was in their attitude about the sexual activity - the difference being that TA was taking steps to extricate himself from the sex and JA was taking steps to enmesh herself more deeply.

The reason why JA turned her cell phone off on the long drive to Mesa? Not to avoid pinging cell towers, but to avoid any voice, any sound, any suggestion that she turn away from her intended purpose.

so those weird facial looks come from trying not to choke or get caught I guess.

I bet they did a full strip and cavity search on her before she left he courthouse today. I hope she's sleeping in the hole tonight.

Why was JW allowed to spoon feed the good doctor so many words? Is that much leading allowed? It seemed like he was just stumbling along until she would pull him back into the right direction of her theory.

She was nasty and rude to Juan today. I wanted to rip her face off. She must have called 29 sidebars.

I kind of said this on the other thread but I'm bringing it over, I don't think people get how odd that book thing is. I've had therapists. If one of them randomly sent me a self-help book, I think I'd feel so strange I'd just stop seeing them.

My daughter's therapist let her BORROW books that she thought might be helpful to my daughter, but she never gave her anything. I find it odd that he sent her that book, especially since he wasn't her therapist. Weird.

HummmmI would bet that JM is onto the thefts via Flores and we're going to hear/see something about it. Haha, Maybe she will have to come to court in handcuffs.

"Central air" that gets you cold enough to pull a sweater out of storage in June in AZ in a house the size of TA's ...Would run you about $800 for the month of June. I dunno... but in my house Homie don't play dat.

And let's not forget - Travis had a doggie door (that I believe was installed/attached to sliding doors that open into the kitchen-ish area?)

I have a doggie door on the outer side of the sun room (used to be a back porch) and we have a 'clean room' sort of barrier (plastic sheeting) that goes over the door that opens into the family room - so my Z-man (Zander - actually, nick for Alexander :) pictured in my avatar with his 'baby' - sorry I love him) can go in and out at will. The barrier helps, and we have really high ceilings and an open floor plan for the main LR, kitchen, family/tv room foyer and hall.

I don't believe a house the size of Travis' - with a doggie door that doesn't have a secondary barrier - would ever be "cold" in the summer - no way.

We keep our house between 76-78 in the summer and it's doable (but I'm abnormally hot, unfortunately) and comfortable but not noticeably 'cool'. Because I overheat, sometimes I wear a ziploc freezer bag full of ice around my neck - secured by a bungee cord. My kids die of embarrassment.

Tip for keeping cool for say - a First Friday at night - wear clothes that - if they get wet - it doesn't show. Wear a scarf (that also looks normal if wet and wear it - WET. It is AMAZING... Kept me from having to stay home. It really works! Keep an extra bottle of water for your scarf. Makes all the difference.

The doggie door - and roommates with different schedules going in and out frequently at different times - house won't be cool enough to wear anything with sleeves or of a heavy fabric. No way. jmv.

I think the only reason Juan didn't object to that more is because it was so obvious there's no way the jury didn't notcie, as well. He couldn't even get out the words, "she was in the bathroom" (or something like that) until she spelled it out for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth