trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

BUT!! Then she goes into what Jodi tells him happened after she shot him, blah, blah, blah, and where she went after she shot him...he glances at his notes & says "SHE RAN BACK TO THE BATHROOM"!!!!! That shouldn't sit to well with the juror's since she was supposed to have already been in there! I just caught that at the very end of NG while watching it rerun. I have no doubt it's surely been addressed here already, but I cannot keep up with y'all!! Still, it's so nice to get to pop in when I get so excited to hash it out here! I just love all my sleuth friends! OK, back to reading:seeya:

He also, at one point mentioned that Jodi remembered putting her finger on the trigger (not his exact words) but on the stand JA said she didn't remember touching the trigger, the "gun just went off".

I'm not questioning the roommates. That is not my intention, for having the house layout. I did say that may explain the reason for their not noticing the smell; however, that isn't cause for my curiosity.

Thank you, for letting me know that JA is indeed the person that "slaughtered Travis". :doh: That should take care of all of my curiosities about this case.

To make any sort of reasonable determination, you need more than a floor plan imv. You'd need blueprints for the duct work, A/C settings (auto, pre-programmed, how and when), doggie door use, frequency of indoor pug poops/pees and if there was an ambient odor from these accidents despite being cleaned up, indoor temp/humidity per room, air movement, garage door activity, personal fans and their effect (we have A/C and personal fans are a blessing in the summer - as well as the use/direction of overhead fans - if/when used and/or where they were installed, what - if any type of clearance Travis' bedroom door/s had in relation to the carpet (we cut an inch off 2 of the doors of our hottest rooms - and wow - what a difference in air circulation/coolness!)...

A layout of the house won't tell you anything useful, I'm afraid, as far as wanting to determine what smells did or did not surface or when they were noticed (but apparently dismissed, if noticed).

I think it comes down to believing the roommates - or not. I believe them. Perhaps you're trying to prove them right - but a layout ain't-a-gonna do it, imv. :)

He also, at one point mentioned that Jodi remembered putting her finger on the trigger (not his exact words) but on the stand JA said she didn't remember touching the trigger, the "gun just went off".

He actually said she told him she remembered "PULLING THE TRIGGER".....

He also, at one point mentined that Jodi remembered puttin her finger on the trigger (not his exact words) but on the stand JA said she didn't remember touching the trigger, the "gun just went off".

OMG, I missed that part! :eek: Will have to try and watch that again. Samuels is a nightmare of an expert witness, huh?! I think he's doing the prosecution more good than he is for the defense.

Cannot wait to hear the juror questions for Samuels to see if the jury is seeing this the same way we are.

I'd love to stay up with ya'll tonight but too tired, so off to watch Nancy and Dr. Drew before I go to sleep... hopefully.

:cat: :eek:fftobed: Night everybody!

OMG, I missed that part! :eek: Will have to try and watch that again. Samuels is a nightmare of an expert witness, huh?! I think he's doing the prosecution more good than he is for the defense.

Cannot wait to hear the juror questions for Samuels to see if the jury is seeing this the same way we are.

I'd love to stay up with ya'll tonight but too tired, so off to watch Nancy and Dr. Drew before I go to sleep... hopefully.

:cat: :eek:fftobed: Night everybody!

BBM: That was so nice of the DT to pay for this tattletale to let the cats out of the bag for Juan Martinez. LOL i'd love to be a fly on the wall next time the DT and Dr. S have a meeting of the minds. :floorlaugh:

Night, magpie

I'm not questioning the roommates. That is not my intention, for having the house layout. I did say that may explain the reason for their not noticing the smell; however, that isn't cause for my curiosity.

Thank you, for letting me know that JA is indeed the person that "slaughtered Travis". :doh: That should take care of all of my curiosities about this case.

Have you ever been in this situation where a woman slaughtered a man and stuffed his dead body in a shower stall in an isolated part of the house where you lived when nobody got near that room or that part of the house?

I agree. And it started even before that when he bumbled and said she pulled out the gun and pointed it at Travis IN THE CLOSET.

And this was JW's face= :eek:

Dr: "She ran through the closet and that was when the gun was held up."

Willmot [:eek:] "And Do you remember her telling you that she exited the closet door?"

Dr: Ummm yes..through to an adjoining closet or the hallway, bedroom or something I believe...:clown: :clown:
Don't forget the good "doctor" testified that Travis grabbed JA's sweater too.

I can't believe they let him testify to anything after he admitted his tests and diagnosis was done on the Ninja story. :rolleyes:

On a beach, yeah. In 100 degree Arizona heat, no.

I'm sorry, I wasn't referring to AZ. I was talking about Naura and how she'd been wearing a sweat shirt and people were saying it was out of character. I cited that she'd countered it by showing herself with a sweat shirt on at a beach. But I didn't see that as an adequate counter because it can be cold at the beach. I wasn't speaking at all about AZ.

don't forget the part where she also mentions he was a wrestler. :blushing:

And how she explains exactly how they were looking at pictures and deleting them. Then the camera falls and he grabs her. She never changes the story there to give more insight to how Travis could see a camera fall, instantly turn into the hulk and body slam her. A truthful person's story would change--but only to fill in gaps with more truthful details. Her story can't change because she can't afford to fill in the gaps with new lies at this point.

LWOP would be the worst place for her....but she wouldn't be the only socio/psychopath in gen pop. They thrive in that environment. I want her in an environment where she does not thrive and being alone most of the time with no one to listen to her, enable her, no one to be manipulated, is the worst punishment for her.

GREAT point. I know the family wants the DP, but from what I've learned from those here who've been through that (yes! I mean katiecoolady - who I have learned more about what victim's families go through than I ever thought I would - grateful, somber but grateful), the DP process is so bloody painful. She is the only person who has ever made me force myself to question my views... which haven't changed but have definitely been challenged - and I so appreciate that because I have learned so much...

I respect the family's wishes - but I worry about them too - they haven't been through it yet - I don't want them to have any more pain than they are already destined for. Oh it's so tragic...

LWOP would serve a dual purpose in removing her 'martyr' status with those over at that... somewhere else. Her supporters who - enough said. She'd lose a great deal of her infamy, and you're right - she would be among many who will best her at her own game and that wouldn't be a bad thing.

I don't believe she would ever win an appeal - this case seems inordinately obvious. My only fear is over some nonsense technicality - but then I remember who the prosecutor is... and he is both dogged and brilliant. He works for the victim and his family, even though they aren't the ones cutting his paycheck.

I watch several documentaries about DR inmates over the weekend, and most of them die of natural causes (in AZ the percentage is extremely high).

Plus I don't think JA is worth the money. She would get off on the enormous expense made on her behalf and I have DP views that I've yet to hear argued adequately. But it is the law - I just agree - I think gen pop would not be 'wonderful' for her as some have thought - she would be a manipulator among manipulators. And she'd lose. Often. And her 'team' would fade away rather than get energized. jmv.

To make any sort of reasonable determination, you need more than a floor plan imv. You'd need blueprints for the duct work, A/C settings (auto, pre-programmed, how and when), doggie door use, frequency of indoor pug poops/pees and if there was an ambient odor from these accidents despite being cleaned up, indoor temp/humidity per room, air movement, garage door activity, personal fans and their effect (we have A/C and personal fans are a blessing in the summer - as well as the use/direction of overhead fans - if/when used and/or where they were installed, what - if any type of clearance Travis' bedroom door/s had in relation to the carpet (we cut an inch off 2 of the doors of our hottest rooms - and wow - what a difference in air circulation/coolness!)...

A layout of the house won't tell you anything useful, I'm afraid, as far as wanting to determine what smells did or did not surface or when they were noticed (but apparently dismissed, if noticed).

I think it comes down to believing the roommates - or not. I believe them. Perhaps you're trying to prove them right - but a layout ain't-a-gonna do it, imv. :)

It seems my post keeps coming back to the "smell", but I just added that since many sleuthers are discussing it tonight. I just want to reiterate that it is not the main reason for my wanting to know the layout.

I guess I'm just a very visual person and I tend understand things when I can visualize them (as I'm sure many, or most others are the same) and I am fully aware that we will never know exactly what took place that day, but I am just curious.

For instance, I believe one of the roommates came home for a short time on the 4th. Did JA hide in Travis's room? Do the roommates pass Travis's double-doors, on the way to their rooms?

If there are two sets of stairs, perhaps JA wouldn't have to worry about passing one of the roommates when fleeing (single set of stairs to the landing area and TA's bedroom and another to the other bedrooms and shared bath); and therefore she would have more leeway in the clean-up.

GREAT point. I know the family wants the DP, but from what I've learned from those here who've been through that (yes! I mean katiecoolady - who I have learned more about what victim's families go through than I ever thought I would - grateful, somber but grateful), the DP process is so bloody painful. She is the only person who has ever made me force myself to question my views... which haven't changed but have definitely been challenged - and I so appreciate that because I have learned so much...

I respect the family's wishes - but I worry about them too - they haven't been through it yet - I don't want them to have any more pain than they are already destined for. Oh it's so tragic...

LWOP would serve a dual purpose in removing her 'martyr' status with those over at that... somewhere else. Her supporters who - enough said. She'd lose a great deal of her infamy, and you're right - she would be among many who will best her at her own game and that wouldn't be a bad thing.

I don't believe she would ever win an appeal - this case seems inordinately obvious. My only fear is over some nonsense technicality - but then I remember who the prosecutor is... and he is both dogged and brilliant. He works for the victim and his family, even though they aren't the ones cutting his paycheck.

I watch several documentaries about DR inmates over the weekend, and most of them die of natural causes (in AZ the percentage is extremely high).

Plus I don't think JA is worth the money. She would get off on the enormous expense made on her behalf and I have DP views that I've yet to hear argued adequately. But it is the law - I just agree - I think gen pop would not be 'wonderful' for her as some have thought - she would be a manipulator among manipulators. And she'd lose. Often. And her 'team' would fade away rather than get energized. jmv.

BBM: But Travis and his family are worth the money. JMHO

Kandy Kane, THANK YOU!
I am SO GLAD you picked up on and posted this VERY CLEAR TRUTH and NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH.
Listening to this ditwad, I was thinking to myself...
Did I hear that correctly? Am I going crazy?

As little kids.. We are taught the difference between the truth and a lie.

This self proclaimed psychologist is himself.... an abuser!

The lie is told casually but quickly, so eloquently with a tone of voice that we feel we should be believing it. And then.... it makes us question ourselves. If this happens often.. It makes us question our reality.. our entire existance.
It is intentionally done with one goal. To achieve what ever is desired at the time, that will benefit the liar only.

My husband has been pulling this s**t going on 16 years now. I am told that I... don't know what I am talking about when I call him out on his blatant twists of the truth.
On the recommendation of my therapist
I finally bought and read the book.. CRAZY TIME
What I found out is...
I'M NOT CRAZY.
I felt such relief that I was not crazy but...
as I read... page after page.. I felt fear. I feel it now just typing this.
This book told MY TRUTH.
It's pages described everything I had been experiencing to a Tee.
Every page pinpointed precisely everything I have heard out of his mouth.
It was like the author was telling my story.
How could this be?
Sadly, there are enough people who do this, so much so that there are specific terms to describe the actions of these people who try to control others like... gas-lighting (A form of psychological abuse in which false information is presented with the intent of making a victim doubt his or her own memory, perception and sanity)

Unless you get away from it and put time and space between you and the person trying to control you.. you dont have anything to measure what reality actually is.. What The TRUTH actually is.

I still deal with this truth twisting s**t today as I have children with this man.
However, because of this book (Crazy Time), therapy, time, distance and my burning desire to research as to whether or not I was... or was not the "crazy one", I am wiser today and know to NEVER DOUBT myself... my gut instincts... the TRUTH.. Nothing but the TRUTH!

Dr. Sam is one of these people who twists words into lies, who twists the truth in a sick attempt to control...
and I REALLY REALLY RESENT
the audacity of the DT to put this outright ABUSER on the witness stand
and audacity of the DT to declare this selfserving, disorganized, intentionally mis-representing showpiece as .... an expert.

I celebrated 20 years of continuous sobriety on February 2nd. I have the responsibility, hope and burning desire to be the best power of example to my two children as I can be... So alcohol is not a luxury for me today or I would have cracked open a tallboy the moment Dr. Sam spewed that BS today.

My distaste for this Dr. Sam cannot understated. And the words I want to use are... well I am sure.. not allowed here.

With that said, I feel a whole lot better now.... and please excuse me for dumping.

OMG! I really wish I could just throw my arms around you right now! Don't apologise at all for this incredible heartwrenching glimpse into what a hell you've been put through. I'm soooo glad that saying it has helped you!

I know EXACTLY what you mean about being stuck with a controling lying freak that breaks you down little by little so badly not only do you not even notice it happening but finally figure out how miserable you are and have somehow become a caracature of your former self and actually make YOU feel like the one who's crazy!!!

I felt EXACTLY like you did watching that #$%&*@# Samuels, that greedy, disgusting SOB, and dispise him for the same reasons you do - this jerk is so much like my own freak I just finally got rid of he totally set my teeth on edge. He even looks kind of a bit like my freak only fatter and a bit older. He truly made me shiver with disgust because of the similarity.

Just last January I finally got rid of the most controlling A$$ that was so good at it that it wasn't until sometime around last fall that I realized he wasn't the ultra-caring "gentleman" I had thought... and Lord knows how in the world I ever thought he was... I was always so good at reading people before this devil. I was stuck with that turd for four years almost to the day. I was so unbelievably controlled I couldn't even go to the grocery store on my own... push my own cart, pick out what I wanted, pick which cashier line I wanted to use, put my groceries on the belt, bag them up or ANYTHING having to do with shopping. He totally controlled the purse strings because I couldn't work at the time because of my anxiety being so bad I had outrageous flaming panic attacks almost constantly.

It was sometime in the fall that it crashed on my head how totally HELPLESS he had made me which was NOTHING like the person I had always been. Suddenly I just couldn't recognize myself anymore and HATED the person he turned me into and all the while wondering if I was the one who was looney! One night around this time last year but a little more into spring I had to go out and get dog food because I had nothing to feed the dog, and for some reason I just could NOT walk into the store. I drove around and around in circles trying to get up the courage to even park the car in the lot much less go in and get a bag of chow for my dog, and I simply could NOT do it. It was then that I realized how totally helpless he'd made me that I couldn't do such a simple thing as that and realized I HAD to get the heck away from him.

He controlled the money so fiercely all those years acting like he was such a saint for "taking care of me" when all I wanted to do was pull myself together and go back to work and get rid of this controlling freak that he carefully only doled out EXACTLY what I needed to pay the bills. Groceries he totally controlled, if I needed a new pair of boots or a raincoat or whatever I had to wait until it was convenient for him to take me shopping for them... he decided what I should get whether I liked it or not or where I wanted to buy it, and just like with the grocery shopping totally controlled the whole shopping experience. I felt like a 10 year old trailing after Mom again unable to make a single decision for myself.

And just to be a completely EVIL jerk, every few months he'd tell me some cockamamie story that he couldn't "help" me anymore and I had a month or less to not only find a job but earn enough to pay the bills myself JUST to make me totally terrified knowing I couldn't possibly do it especially since it was the worst years since the depression for people trying to get decent jobs and KNOWING that doing that to me would totally knock me on my bum with a volcano of anxiety so bad I could barely get out of bed every day. Then just in the 11th hour he'd suddenly tell me another whopper of a lie as to why everything worked out ok with the lie story he'd concocted that time and tell me he could still "help me". It kept me in a perpetual state of high anxiety that made just doing the most basic things like having to leave the house to walk the dog or run to the store for a loaf of bread that the very thought of having to look for a job terrified me so much that I could barely manage to take a shower every day or do laundry or dishes or ANYTHING anymore especially knowing that the two to four weeks he gave me every time he pulled this stunt on me made it clear I couldn't possibly accomplish it even if I wasn't an emotional wreck.

So I started hoarding money I was supposed to be spending on things like a dental appointment or a vet appointment or my phone broke and I needed a new one and either didn't do it and kept the money or lied about how much it cost so I could hoard away a little bit of money for when I could get rid of him. I also went to see a shrink that God BLESS him put me on anti-anxiety meds that have done wonders. Once I was able to hoard away a few thousand dollars I enrolled in a two week bartending school to start a new career, and though I was a basket of nerves I went every day and just last week passed my exam. Everyone at the school is great, and they're helping me with a resume and have a really good job placement program. I finally remembered what it was like to interact with people again that was someone else other than HIM. I used to be such a clown and bubbly fun person, and he turned me into a terrified cave dweller too afraid to walk the dog on my own much less remember what it was like to meet new people and make new friends that I had always just loved to do.

So in February I gave him the heave-ho, have been living on the world's strictest budget and praying I can get a job in the next couple of months and I won't be so scared to go to work every day that I get that horrible anxiety and get fired or just can't do it. But just going to the bartending school those two weeks showed me that I can still leave the house, go to a town I'm not familar with, meet new people, learn as well as everyone else even though it was REALLY fast paced and REALLY hard, and get through the whole day of school every day, and just getting through that has been the best boost I needed.

For the first time in four years I finally feel like I have some bit of hope again that maybe I can get back to being the person I used to be instead of the frightened schlub he turned me into and made me think he was generous and kind and I was a terrible and ungrateful person for his making me lose myself.

What you've said about your own situation has really REALLY inspired me. If you can do it then maybe there really is hope for me, too. And you went through stuff with your husband that I can only see as so much worse than what my freak (who wasn't even someone I was DATING) did to me and for such a longer period of time.

You have nooooo idea how grateful I am that you shared your woes about your own issues because it's helped me sooooo much, and where I had only a glimpse of hope before, now I think maybe I really can do this and get ME back the way I used to be.

You are sooooo awesome! And HUGE congratulations for going two whole decades sober! That is truly something to be so proud of especially with all you have been through because of your husband.

Bless you a thousand times! Your story and your same feelings toward the wretched Samuels that so mirror my own and for much the same reason really made me feel that suddenly a little light came on in my dark tunnel, and maybe if I just stay the course I can really find my way out of it.

:tyou: :grouphug:

Damn me, I think I have some thing in my eye.

One of my favorite moments, was when Juan was questioning the "doctor" about the "fonction", pre-school penciled graph, where your fognesia sets in and dips. Remember the doctors graph? Well, the doctor states that while you are in the downslope, in the pit and on the upswing, you can't recall what had previously happened, your memories might come back later but you do not remember at during those times. WELL, then how did JA, in her fognesia, on the downslope or in the pit, remember where the knife was, to go and grab it to stab Travis? IF, she had already shot Travis, his own fognesia theory is incorrect.

Don't know if this makes sense to anyone but me. You might have had to be there. :blushing:

I thought Arias took her glasses off when reading?! In this video from today she doesn't.

I noticed it several times today. Watch @ 33:50.....
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W_kvx50Sv8"]Jodi Arias Trial - Day 32 - Part 3 - YouTube[/ame]

I do not believe in any way that she needs glasses :snooty: Her being sent to the optometrist by her DT....means nothing to me. In murder cases, esp. involving the DP, the DT always has to put glasses on these monsters :furious:

I do not believe in any way that she needs glasses Her being sent to the optometrist by her DT....means nothing to me. In murder cases, esp. involving the DP, the DT always has to but glasses on these monsters

Maybe they are going to hide license plates at the jail after trial and she needs the glasses to find them. :floorlaugh:

Wrong. Jodi manipulated her mother, father, family members and men. You say she let men "lead".

This statement doesn't make my post wrong, and perhaps lead isn't the best term. What I'm trying to say with the word "lead" is that she'd stay in the relationship, kind of like staying on the Titanic, instead of getting off herself. It seems to me that the "ship" always left her, not the other way around.

But one word does not make the whole post "wrong."

Thanks.

This is what I think too, Wilmott will continue Wednesday @1pm, their time, IMO. Any idea why we are starting late in the morning? I've had no time to read the threads today, had to be gone all day for my precious grandson's 4th B-day so I caught up by watching the YouTubes provided by croakerqueen123, much thanks for the videos!

OK, so in the 3rd/last video at about 45 minutes I was watching Jodi digging at the bottom of her right thumb with the lead of one of those stubby pencils they give her to write with. After a short period of time she quickly put both hands under the table as if she realized the camera might be on her or someone was watching, but it appeared she continued with the digging action on her right thumbunder the table. Jodi's face was just a very flat affect as she did this digging with the lead of the pencil the entire time. I am so curious as to why she was doing this. :waitasec: Was she trying to inflict pain to stay awake or something? Maybe she has a condition that makes her crave pain? What the heck? I cannot figure this out. I continued to watch her hands but saw no blood, so I dunno what the crazy "blankety blank" was doing.

This is the video, about 45 minutes into it was where I saw this crazy digging action with the pencil going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtqwJtMFJII

And is it just me, or was that top she was wearing totally inappropriate for court? I would have told her to keep that darn jacket ON had I been Wilmott.

Oh, and ever since someone mentioned Jodi slipping an ink pen into her notebook the other day I am totally OCD about counting Wilmotts ink pens in that cuppy thing that was left entirely too close to Jodi all day. That viper could go nuts, grab an ink pen and stab someone in the eye, ear, heart, wherever/whoever she took a notion to stab ... or maybe I just need some sleep, I dunno. :facepalm:

I posted about this earlier. There were two pencils to begin the day. Then the pencil stabbing thing happened (or whatever she was doing), then the pencil disappeared under the desk. She had her jacket in her lap. I watched the entire day and didn't see two pencils on the desk again. JMObservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver