trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOVE THIS MOMENT:

Willmott is trying to get the Doctor to testify as to where Jodi ran when she got the gun.

He said "down the hallway"

she says "you mean the bathroom?"

Doc: "oh wait oh wait let me look, I want to be sure"

Willmott: "this is important"

Doc: "++page flipping, checking....still checking+++Ok, the hallway"

Objection (JM) ...then JM says "Your honor can we let the answer stand" (Because Hallway is a bad answer LOL he just realized, he sort of objected as the Doc said Hallway)

Willmott: Um, Judge, no??? (with a big smile on her face like Really? its a very bad answer for us, of course you want it to stand"

LOLLLL love it

Online live stream - The best VOLUME of all is CNN - I had problems with many other sites but we listened and watched today on the Live CNN video that had great VOLUME. (They might break in with news but if you click on Live TV - you will find the Arias case). It was too painful yesterday trying to follow on HLN

Yes, my retired attorney husband is sticking with me.....

I watch the trial on my computer on the CNN live stream too ... no commercials at all ... just pure trial and no talking heads either.

http://live.cnn.com/

I love astrology and moon phases.

It was a New Moon on Jun3 2008 also

http://lunaf.com/english/moon-phases/lunar-calendar-2008/06/03/

I wake my kids up for the Perseids. My granddad woke me up to look at the moon. My mom was student in charge of the Whitin observatory in her senior year - something I only learned LAST year - when she was a mere 77. :) So proud of herself.

How cool is that - I'd love to open and close one of those babies.
heh.

ETA: My ex never believed me when I told him that 'gibbous' was not only a real word but a real thing (and NOT a primate, ugh). :)

Hopefully then, she'll get life w/o parole and the appeals issue and related financial concerns won't be an issue.

If she gets LWOP I guess I will be okay with it, but I am definitely hoping she gets the DP. IMO she deserves it. Not just because of the premeditation, and brutality of the crime....but also because of her actions afterward. Sending the grandmother the flowers, and contactng the family with an 18 pg. letter (full of bs). Plus having ZERO remorse.

The DP is on the books for a reason....and this case screams out for it IMO.

I respectfully disagree with you. After all has been said and exposed, it's obvious to me that Jodi decided to become a Mormon for the very specific purpose of trying to hook TA for life. She used sex to keep him interested and to manipulate him because it was all she had. Jodi knows how she is expected to behave but she has no substance as a human being. Undoubtedly she has self-loathing but I don't think for a second that she is or was interested in redemption.

I agree with this. She probably thought the secret sex was her way of keeping herself relevant to him when he didn't want anything else from her. She probably thought she was giving him something he needed, that other "good" mormon girls would not give him. She probably thought he wouldn't be able to give it up, but the relationship went down hill and he was willing to "seek help" to get his desires under control to move on from her and to possibly to "the right things" to get married to Mimi, and Jodi wasn't gonna have that. Not after all the work she'd done trying to get him for her own husband.

I also believe that this "1000 places to visit" comes in to play because Travis was taking another woman, this "marriable" Mimi on the trip and not Jodi.

From the sex life she had before, it's hard for me to believe that she thought her sex life was wrong. She was probably also tired of men leaving her and cheating her. I think that anger came into play. She'd probably set out to stay devoted to Travis to see if being his doormat, for lack of a better phrase, would get her anywhere with him. You know, that he'd finally see in her what she needed him to see. But he never did. He just didn't want her.

Jodi seems to have a habit of letting the men lead and just hanging around and hanging around in relationships instead of ending them in a healthy way.

LOVE THIS MOMENT:

Willmott is trying to get the Doctor to testify as to where Jodi ran when she got the gun.

Objection (JM) ...then JM says "Your honor can we let the answer stand" (Because Hallway is a bad answer LOL he just realized, he sort of objected as the Doc said Hallway)

Willmott: Um, Judge, no??? (with a big smile on her face like Really? its a very bad answer for us, of course you want it to stand"

LOLLLL love it

I'm no expert, but to me, that was a BIG moment today. Not only did he say that JA said she ran into the hallway once, but he said it twice EVEN after studying his notes. JM asked the Judge if that answer could stand and they went to sidebar. JM didn't look happy walking away, so I would assume the answer won't be admitted? Hey-Hey!!! The Jurors heard him say it TWICE.

If she gets LWOP I guess I will be okay with it, but I am definitely hoping she gets the DP. IMO she deserves it. Not just because of the premeditation, and brutality of the crime....but also because of her actions afterward. Sending the grandmother the flowers, and contactng the family with an 18 pg. letter (full of bs). Plus having ZERO remorse.

I am expecting LWOP ... but I was wrong with Casey Anthony and who knows what goes through a jurors mind these days.

Agree, Ms Pierce and add that not to give her DP would be huge injustice to those on death row now. How do you give it to anyone if not her?

Though I am not really a fan of DP generally. This defendant demands it.

Unfortunate typo, I think.

The comment was that Jodi "needs" a legitimate medical-esque (legitimate DSM) diagnosis for the self defense theory to fly. You see, she is SANE. Not claiming insanity. No, she is SANE. And SMART. SMARTER than any of us, lol!

So first the DT establishes Travis is a "very bad guy" with lots of salacious stuff.

Then the DT escalates/ establishes Travis as a "scary" guy. That sets the stage for the self defense theory. (Poor Jodi, sniff, dab, wipe, repeat.)

Then the DT establishes that Travis was SOOOOOO scary (and, gulp, deviant!) that Jodi feared for her life! Any minute, he might KILL her. She was SOOO afraid.

Then the DT establishes that Travis was such a BAD, violent, and impulsive guy that he was GOING TO KILL OR MORTALLY HARM JODI FOR THE CAMERA DROPPING THINGIE. (insert eyeroll.) And then.... just blacked out! No memory! She eliminated the threat to her, and whew! Can't remember a thing!

Then the DT has a MEDICAL JUSTIFICATION for the "memory lapse thingie"-- it was PTSD! Because domestic violence is not really a "diagnosis" that would solidly justify stabbing someone nearly 30 times, nearly decapitating them, and shooting them in the head. And kinda just forgetting about all that. So we need a scientific, medical sounding thingie to counter (distract from) the big fat premeditative, pathological liar thingie.

And now we will have the DV expert come in and (try to) mop up the mess left over from Samuels. You see, she was "scared". Really, really scared. And something just "happened" to cause Travis to "pass away". She was defending herself, but just has no memory of all that. Poor Jodi has no idea what happened-- she was just "scared for her life" and "it" happened. Poor, cowering, low self-esteem Jodi. Who just can't remember anything about the killing itself. See how pathetic she looks sitting there at the defense table? Not vampy at all. Not even really attractive. Gosh, this "girl" can't POSSIBLY be the same bleached blonde *advertiser censored* we heard about earlier? Right?! She is a mousy librarian, with low self esteem, bad fashion, and frumpy, greasy hair. Drat, that awful Travis! Look what HE did to HER. (Right?!)

But she remembers an awful lot of detail about what happened before and after. Conveniently.

I think she is going down for at least LWOP. I hope, anyway. I get awfully worried about juries in high profile cases, but I'm trying to be positive.

I think this is brilliant. And quite the soap opera :).

This jury sounds akin to us. Not buying the BS.

That does look suspicious....in addition to being a repulsive photo.

Is anyone truly speculating that there is some sort of nefarious drug 'thing' going on - IN court, WITH video?

That makes no sense to me... what am I missing?

She took a pill a few weeks ago - on video. She takes something. Clearly approved by whomever - because she's done it in full view of her lawyers and everyone in the courtroom - and the video cameras. I don't understand what the fuss is about? She 'claimed' to have migraines, didn't she? Maybe she's taking something for that. Don't know - and she's not testifying so I don't really care what she does to her body or mind, frankly.

Not arguing with you Colt - I'm just asking in general after reading several posts on this. I just don't understand. :)

I agree with this. She probably thought the secret sex was her way of keeping herself relevant to him when he didn't want anything else from her. She probably thought she was giving him something he needed, that other "good" mormon girls would not give him. She probably thought he wouldn't be able to give it up, but the relationship went down hill and he was willing to "seek help" to get his desires under control to move on from her and to possibly to "the right things" to get married to Mimi, and Jodi wasn't gonna have that. Not after all the work she'd done trying to get him for her own husband.

I also believe that this "1000 places to visit" comes in to play because Travis was taking another woman, this "marriable" Mimi on the trip and not Jodi.

From the sex life she had before, it's hard for me to believe that she thought her sex life was wrong. She was probably also tired of men leaving her and cheating her. I think that anger came into play. She'd probably set out to stay devoted to Travis to see if being his doormat, for lack of a better phrase, would get her anywhere with him. You know, that he'd finally see in her what she needed him to see. But he never did. He just didn't want her.

Jodi seems to have a habit of letting the men lead and just hanging around and hanging around in relationships instead of ending them in a healthy way.

Wrong. Jodi manipulated her mother, father, family members and men. You say she let men "lead".

couple things from today:

Janine Driver was on Dr. Drew this evening and stated that the 'hand in the fist' gesture Mr. Samuels was doing showed that he felt threatened/defensive.. However, after re-watching the testimony, Samuels displays this gesture many times under redirect. Janine is great, but to me this shows body language is far from an exact science.

Also, seeing the 75 year old Grandmother found guilty today brought me mixed emotions. I have witnessed firsthand how an unruly, angry, drug addicted/seeking grandson can affect a grandmother. What she did wasn't right, but I still feel for her in a way. Anyways, seeing that a jury can find someone like her guilty (as she claimed self-defense as well) made the uneasiness about this case subside a bit :p

For those who haven't seen it, here's a small clip of Jodi's eye roll from today (even though its probably been posted a million times)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EysQt5bFwo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EysQt5bFwo[/ame]

LOVE THIS MOMENT:

LOLLLL love it

I like how as he says hallway she's like "no, don't answer." What a weird exchange.

Is anyone truly speculating that there is some sort of nefarious drug 'thing' going on - IN court, WITH video?

That makes no sense to me... what am I missing?

She took a pill a few weeks ago - on video. She takes something. Clearly approved by whomever - because she's done it in full view of her lawyers and everyone in the courtroom - and the video cameras. I don't understand what the fuss is about? She 'claimed' to have migraines, didn't she? Maybe she's taking something for that. Don't know - and she's not testifying so I don't really care what she does to her body or mind, frankly.

I agree. Nor do I see subterfuge behaviour here. But it's always fun when someone points stuff out.

This was a reader's review on Amazon regarding Ms. LaViolette's book "It Could Happen to Anyone:Why Battered Women Stay.

While I thought this book was good, all I can hope, after hearing that Ms. LaViolette is to be the Domestic Violence Expert for the Jodi Arias DEFENSE, is that Ms LaViolette does not end up prostituting herself for a buck to the point that she ends up hurting the many REAL abuse victims out there who are in DIRE need of being able to convince juries- when it is TRUE and REAL- that they have been victims of abuse and had NO OPTION BUT to resort to self defense.

The Jodi Arias case is a whole other animal and in no way has anything to do with authentic domestic violence. It is NOT about self defense. It is about manipulating a jury via the only possible defense someone like her could possibly come up with. It is to sucker punch every woman who has found herself made black & blue-physically, emotionally and via mind games- by their abuser. Listening to Jodi Arias and her defense tell this ridiculous story, is to KNOW this is not what happened. And I find it particularly reprehensible the way Jodi Arias has decided to continue the slaughter against Travis Alexander and his family by telling such heinous lies that have no corroborating evidence WHATSOEVER. And honestly, I find that the so-called professionals that are assisting her in this LIE of a defense are almost as reprehensible.

Ms LaViolette has yet to give her testimony. If Ms LaViolette truly cares about battered women, she will speak only in generalities about abuse while on the stand and stay far away from giving Arias - specifically- credibility when it comes to her specific situation. And when the prosecutor asks her whether Arias could be lying about everything- that she (Ms LaViolette) does not deny this could be also true. But To go out of her way to insist that Jodi Arias is a battered women, when there is not one iota of independant corroboration that speaks to this situation as anything more than a dysfunctional relationship by two enthusiastic and consenting adults, and give legitimacy to this LIE, imo would tell me more about the ethics and authenticity of a purported "professional" than it would anything about Ms. Arias. I get that people are entitled to a defense, but to GIVE credibility to what Jodi Arias is saying is to deny any commitment a person has to helping women who deal everyday with very real terror.

It's going to be funny watching Wilmott try and to to the state experts what Juan did to theirs and seeing it not happen, at all. Just like the ME. I find it hard to believe Wilmott is an experienced DP trial lawyer. She seems in over her head. They have made dumb move after dumb move.

I agree, I am sure the nurse or doc at the jail would give her something for her nerves.

But I keep having visions of her ... Jumping and Screaming .... "Just Shut UP" ... and burst out in tears ... slinging her glasses off ... throwing that hair around everywhere ... and then attempt to leave the courtroom. After all she is "The Jodi Arias!" :maddening:

What 'nerves'? If she's getting benzo's she's doing a darn good job with her malingering skills... jmv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett